400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
:dopey:yeah whoops just saw that, great work Priaino on the feedback and mapping of results for each car, surprised to hear that a 280zx was not able to keep up with the insight under acceleration.

Good to see that I'm in with a shot of top ten!!!:cheers: Back to tuning and prep.......

hopefully can keep to my selection for next round if I make it!!!

EB43119-DC2-yellow-front.jpg

Last edited:
I know some would be mad at coming in second to last, but not me :D. My family van went around the ring in under 9 min. In the hands of a master. Well done my friend. 👍👍

I know some would be mad at coming in second to last, but not me :D. My family van went around the ring in under 9 min. In the hands of a master. Well done my friend. 👍👍

I'm am very impressed with the tuners like yourself who diversified the range of cars / rides to be tested, I was also impressed with the Citroen and Insight, to me thats what tuning for enthusiasts is all about, getting a less than average ride and making it something thats entertaining to drive!!!, hats to off to you guys, well done

Great work on the feedback Praiano, thanks for taking time to try out all cars and giving feedback on them.

Im pleased with the time you managed, thank you.

I'm am very impressed with the tuners like yourself who diversified the range of cars / rides to be tested, I was also impressed with the Citroen and Insight, to me thats what tuning for enthusiasts is all about, getting a less than average ride and making it something thats entertaining to drive!!!, hats to off to you guys, well done

I know you're supposed to take these kind of shootouts seriously, but it's fun to take cars like the Insight and Avantime and see how far up the rankings they can actually go. :dopey: It's just the traditional Gran Turismo style. Take a family sedan and make it beat a Corvette around a track. :D

I know you're supposed to take these kind of shootouts seriously, but it's fun to take cars like the Insight and Avantime and see how far up the rankings they can actually go. :dopey: It's just the traditional Gran Turismo style. Take a family sedan and make it beat a Corvette around a track. :D

Bah, who says you have to take it seriously? :D I like seeing the oddball entries in every event...vans and trucks and SUVs that have no place keeping up with supercars and muscle cars and tuned cornering machines. And yet they do.

Praiano, thanks for your monumental effort! Your attention to detail is very much appreciated. It would seem that my cars corner well...now to make them go faster. :sly: Cheers to you! :cheers:

Thanks to everybody. Yes it was a great ride with each car i have driven. When you are tuning alone in your own corner,you need a long time to change the way you tune a car. It´s a slow evolution. Like this with so much good people building fantastic cars for the same event, you have the opportunity to test news ideas, this is great, i learn a lot like this.
Let´s wait the others testers to see the final results , next round after this, for sure a lot of fun ..... and speed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):nervous:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Great review praiano63! beau boulot! :D

I had to visit my family, every car will be tested tomorow, ill try to describe as much as i can, might not be as complete as praiano very nice review though 👍

Do we have to review using that point system ? i can do it but ill need sometimes to review the replays again, i only have quick note on the handling of each car so far. Ill have some video uploaded but i had no idea there would be that much cars, i cant uplaod all of them due to the bandwith.

Nice lap times as well praiano :)

Thanks mon ami. something to correct.
XDesperado67 to speed is wrong , not 230 km/h but the incredible speed under the bridge of 237 km/h or 147 mph, fast ,very fast.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Thanks mon ami. something to correct.
XDesperado67 to speed is wrong , not 230 km/h but the incredible speed under the bridge of 237 km/h or 147 mph, fast ,very fast.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Thanks for the correction praiano.👍👍
Unfortunately its blazing speed in the high speed sections doesn't appear to have been enough to make up for time lost in the corners.:yuck::lol:

Thank you for the review praiano. You generated great feedback and drove each tune to their full potential. Well done! 👍

Tuner // car : Onboy123- PSN: Onboy123 – Hyundai Tiburon GT ´01

Test drive result // total points= 104 pts

Max speed under bridge: 224 km/h = 137 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: good changes of direction, less grip than the Tiburon ´09, safe car,little understeer mid corner.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: good grip,good entry under break,stability stay in the line you chose

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: good line, car very planted , no surprises.

The fist Onboy Hyundai I have tested , show more grip, I run this one with the ghost of the Tiburon, and it show perfectly that this car have less grip , just a little, but a higher top speed. Just enough to fill the gap 2 times mid track and make the difference in the straight. Well done my friend, this one is faster but I prefer the handling of the first Tiburon. Congrats Mr Onboy.

Thanks for the review, my fishy friend. :dopey: Though I am surprised at the fact that this didn't do as well as the '99 in terms of handling…I could have sworn the tune was pretty much a copy and paste job and that it was pretty much the same…Good to see that I've earned 20 more points in total though. :D

Also, for once, I've placed in the top 10 in a shootout that has more than 10 cars! :D :lol:

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 9
Comments: Very neutral car ,no way to play with his weight at low speed , perfect balance, good grip , so it´s very easy to place and move thru the turns.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 10
Comments: The perfection , you can place the car where you want , millimetric driving line, no bumps or anything take it out of the trajectory you chose. Very reactive, perfect grip , perhaps to safe for my style , there is still room for more eagerness staying safe.

High speed corner:
Comments: Just perfect, smooth ,quick , safe….. everything, even with comfort tires.

Any kind of driver will love the car. Johnny make an excellent tune one more time.

Praiano, thank you for the thorough and very positive review:tup:. I am so glad you enjoyed the car, I always wonder if anyone else will get the same out of a tune that I do and it seems that you did. Fast, responsive, safe, able to place the car where you want, lots of grip...those are all the things running through my head as I'm driving and tuning the car.

Thanks again:) I may not make it to the Top Ten but I feel like a winner already:)

Thanks for the review, my fishy friend. :dopey: Though I am surprised at the fact that this didn't do as well as the '99 in terms of handling…I could have sworn the tune was pretty much a copy and paste job and that it was pretty much the same…Good to see that I've earned 20 more points in total though. :D

Also, for once, I've placed in the top 10 in a shootout that has more than 10 cars! :D :lol:

Yes my friend. Your first car was very good. I tell this to you, it was just too much alive for my taste,and i say that it would be perfect with less happy tail..... It was as fast as this one, but for me the handling was better. It´s easiest to tame a few a good car ,the contrary is more fastidious.

Great car, 8:26 is not easy to reach ,can be proud of your tune. Congrats

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°/

Yes my friend. Your first car was very good. I tell this to you, it was just too much alive for my taste,and i say that it would be perfect with less happy tail..... It was as fast as this one, but for me the handling was better. It´s easiest to tame a few a good car ,the contrary is more fastidious.

Great car, 8:26 is not easy to reach ,can be proud of your tune. Congrats

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°/

Yes, it could have been just as fast as the '01 in your hands, but that's because&#8230;you're&#8230;well, you. :lol: You're abnormally fast, so I'm not surprised that you could match up the two in terms of laptimes.

I did fix the handling eventually though, would you like to try the '99 in its current form to see if it's fixed enough for you? :)

Yes, it could have been just as fast as the '01 in your hands, but that's because…you're…well, you. :lol: You're abnormally fast, so I'm not surprised that you could match up the two in terms of laptimes.

I did fix the handling eventually though, would you like to try the '99 in its current form to see if it's fixed enough for you? :)

Sure , i would like to test it. Put it on share....:)

Of course, good sir. Shared. 👍

8:25.200 with this one. Just some littles adjustments like less front TOE , more direct,Less rear ARB , more rear spring.... The Ghost of the first one stay behind clearly in the successions of turns and fast tricky corners km 8 and km 9. The car stay more in line without loosing agressivity, then ,don´t loose speed.

IMG_1568.jpg

Try it and tell me if it work for you..👍

Do we all have to post the results like para? I tought we had to keep it simple so I didnt write so much info after each car, I only gave reviews when the tuner himself asked and I still had to test the car..

I only kept track of Name/PSN , Car, Lap time, top speed in KMH

Do we all have to post the results like para? I tought we had to keep it simple so I didnt write so much info after each car, I only gave reviews when the tuner himself asked and I still had to test the car..

I don´t think you need to do all this, when you do it car by car after each test, when you have a fresh sensation of the car, it´s not a big thing. If not, it take time and you can´t remember the details. This is the way i have done for the first 600PP CSLACR shootout ,nothing new.
Lap Time/ comment is enough for sure.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I don´t think you need to do all this, when you do it car by car after each test, when you have a fresh sensation of the car, it´s not a big thing. If not, it take time and you can´t remember the details. This is the way i have done for the first 600PP CSLACR shootout ,nothing new.
Lap Time/ comment is enough for sure.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Well at first I had one excel sheet per tuner writing all information I could manage to get per car, but at the end I figured CS doesnt need that for the results so i put everything on one sheet and just kepts the laptime and top speed.. to get the comments back i will have to retest all :P

Chuyler1 - PSN: chuyler1// Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02

Test drive result // total points= 107 pts

Max speed under bridge: 225 km/h = 140 mph = 28 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 8
Comments: Good direction, easy to place and to drive where you want, just some oversteer out corner that don´t allow early acceleration.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: very good grip,good entry under break, mid corner steady line ,take care of your direction input and your speed if not a little oversteer will brake you, easy to control, good out corner.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Perfect line, good direction ,maintaining speed .

Very fast car, good grip good top speed, just a little too soft on his springs and dampers in my opinion, this increase the proportion of weight transfer over low grip tires and sometimes if you are above the speed for the driving line, the car will oversteer, no danger but you will loosing some speed. At this PP it is difficult to regain.
I think 20% more stiffness on dampers and springs will let the car perfect for me.
Congratulations, excellent drive, excellent car.

Thanks for the review praiano63. I realized after I started messing with other's tunes that I could have gone maybe 10-20% stiffer on my car. The only thing I'm confused about is why I only got 9/9/9 for high speed corners. Looking at some of the comments for other vehicles that also received 9/9/9 it seems to me that I was a notch above them. I can't claim this car will ever have the levels of grip that the RX-8 has, but I spent some time making sure the MR-2 was planted and predictable on turns like Flugplatz.

I think what is not very surprising (to me at least) is that 3 of the MR-2s all performed the same (except for one falling short on the final straight). How is it a car with soft springs and no camber can drive the ring within 1/10th of a car with springs 3 times as stiff and lots of camber? If you ask me, that almost voids most tuning efforts for increasing grip. You still have to reduce wheelspin, increase max speed, and adjust balance for your driving style, but expecting the tune to provide more lateral grip just isn't in the physics engine.

Great review praiano63! beau boulot! :D

I had to visit my family, every car will be tested tomorow, ill try to describe as much as i can, might not be as complete as praiano very nice review though 👍

Do we have to review using that point system ? i can do it but ill need sometimes to review the replays again, i only have quick note on the handling of each car so far. Ill have some video uploaded but i had no idea there would be that much cars, i cant uplaod all of them due to the bandwith.

Nice lap times as well praiano :)

You guys can give large or small reviews, up to you.
The only requirement is some type of feedback on what you did or didn't like about the way the car drove, nothing major or complicated.

The way Praiano does it is super, but it's very time-taking, so just something to let the tuners know how you feel about the car will do nicely.👍

Example: A bit of under-steer on entry, over-steer on exit, a little unstable in high speed corners.

Thanks for the review praiano63. I realized after I started messing with other's tunes that I could have gone maybe 10-20% stiffer on my car. The only thing I'm confused about is why I only got 9/9/9 for high speed corners. Looking at some of the comments for other vehicles that also received 9/9/9 it seems to me that I was a notch above them. I can't claim this car will ever have the levels of grip that the RX-8 has, but I spent some time making sure the MR-2 was planted and predictable on turns like Flugplatz.

I think what is not very surprising (to me at least) is that 3 of the MR-2s all performed the same (except for one falling short on the final straight). How is it a car with soft springs and no camber can drive the ring within 1/10th of a car with springs 3 times as stiff and lots of camber? If you ask me, that almost voids most tuning efforts for increasing grip. You still have to reduce wheelspin, increase max speed, and adjust balance for your driving style, but expecting the tune to provide more lateral grip just isn't in the physics engine.

Hi, don´t worry my friend,9/9/9 is an excellent note, it means that when you enter at the right speed in a high speed corner , you will take it perfectly ,with good grip ,good line, and steady on his balance at the out. All the other MR2 spyders have the same note for high speed corners. Only the Bipito one, was above the others 2 in medium speed corners, because it was very reactive and safe, even during quick change of direction. Not easy to set such a car like this.

The 10/10/10 definition is above this. Above the perfection is the magic.

Check the RJ Mazda RX8 comment .

High speed corner:
Comments: Again ,perfection. When you take a point to reach at the apex at high speed, you go exactly there . During your deceleration , if you feel you´re too fast, just put more wheel, this will not brake you sanctioned with an understeer, but the rear will follow softly and then you can take your perfect line again. Magic.

High speed corner:
entry 10 pts = Good and sharp direction to place the car , grip, precision and stability.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line ,constant grip ,no floatty (snake).

out 10 pts = When full gas, no little oversteer that make loose speed, no understeer that don't allow full throttle, perfect balance.

Congratulations again.

Back