400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
I should tune more CVT/single gear cars for shootouts then. :lol:

Cue the mass flipping of tables from all the testers who aren't deaf. :lol:

Edit: Oi, slacker, how about making our lives easier and adding a small leaderboard to show us where we're at? It's kind of hard to keep track of where we're at in the big picture.

Last edited:
As you guys may know, luv2drive encountered problems adding rallywagon to his friends list.
Under normal circumstances the rule is simple here: It's initially the tuners asked to send friend requests, because they only have to send 1-4 friend requests, rather than make 25 as the testers would.
There's no written rule, and there probably should be from now on, I think.

BUT
In this case, rallywagon is not a contender for the top 5 in either division, so when they're done with their vacations, etc (what screwed it up initially) luv2drive will get a chance to drive rallywagons car, and rallywagon will get a chance to have his car driven.
It doesn't matter to me who sends the request of course, and I believe it's been sent, but so it's known, it will be rallywagons "job" to send the fr, and also luv2drives "job" to have room on his friends list, and accept the fr.
Their new deadline will be the 10th of March, so it can be finalized at the same time round 2 closes.

So, he's not in the top 5 of either division, we'll tally the current results and label them unofficial, and update for final standings by the end of the shootout.

Cue the mass flipping of tables from all the testers who aren't deaf. :lol:

Edit: Oi, slacker, how about making our lives easier and adding a small leaderboard to show us where we're at? It's kind of hard to keep track of where we're at in the big picture.
I made one already, I just haven't done the dreadful job of filling it out.:yuck:
Doing it now, btw. ;)

Well, this sucks.
Only one tester tested half the field, so the options are to take half a field of results out, or run separate divisions. (we were supposed to have more)

I'll have to see what the overall straight results look like, if one division seems to have an extra share of fastest times, we might have to scrap a single group. I had thought to take half mine off to keep DB's, but then we'd still have to run separate divisions, so we may as well keep them all then.

Thoughts?

So , if we do 2 groups , we have Motor City Hami-PSN:MotorCtyHamilton in and Onboy123 out

If we do one group without DB test we have Onboy 123 in and Motor City Hami-PSN:MotorCtyHamilton out.

Of course Rallywagon is not in the ranking yet but he would be out the 10.

Up to you madame Lovato.

group1cslacr.jpg

group2cslacr.jpg

grop1-2.jpg

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I think the second round is pointless anyway, so my vote is to just line up the scores top to bottom as one group, the way they are now. Onboy can have my spot if you decide to do a second round.

My recommendation is that you use the results for those who posted times for all cars (including luv2drives results) but call it a tie for Onboy and Motor City Hami and include them both in the final round. Not sure what happened to the tester for the other group that was going to even the results out but the two tuners that this could affect shouldn't be unfairly penalized by this.

It's gracious of Motor City Hamilton to offer to pass the second round, but I think many of us would like to see what he can do with the extra 20PP at his disposal since he makes very good competitive tunes for these shootouts.👍👍

As for Onboy he's up for a job promotion with the Outlaws if he makes the final round...uhm on second thought there's no need to include him in the finals as then I'd have to increase his salary...:crazy::lol:

If needed feel free to drop mine from the final results. It would be more fair that way anyhow. :) I did my part and got the tuners some feedback. Whatever you want to do with the times is fine with me. 👍

And, of course, I will test everyone for the second round since the group will be 10 rather than 30. :eek:

It's gracious of Motor City Hamilton to offer to pass the second round, but I think many of us would like to see what he can do with the extra 20PP at his disposal since he makes very good competitive tunes for these shootouts.👍👍

I appreciate that. I'm finding that scoring at the top of these competition is as much about finding those few trick cars that can be squeezed under the PP cap without an oil change as anything else. I don't have time to test through another big group of cars to find the magic one. If I enter round two it will either be with an already tuned S2000 or if someone wants to be kind to me and share some suggestions on the magic rides.

Regarding the situation with luv2drive and rallywagon, what's stopping luv2drive from doing this the old (GT4) way and building rallywagon's car himself to test? The Toyota 2000GT isn't an easy car to find, yes, but what's stopping someone else who already has one to help luv2drive out?

This dependancy on the car share feature has made people lazy.

Regarding the situation with luv2drive and rallywagon, what's stopping luv2drive from doing this the old (GT4) way and building rallywagon's car himself to test? The Toyota 2000GT isn't an easy car to find, yes, but what's stopping someone else who already has one to help luv2drive out?

This dependancy on the car share feature has made people lazy.

I have build the rally wagon car , it´s on share. The only thing, my car have 400PP and not 398pp. 2 hp more. I have engine 1 also and make the exact weight with ballast position 0.
I think it can be like this.... ?? This is the option for now , or somebody else build the exact car???

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I have build the rally wagon car , it´s on share. The only thing, my car have 400PP and not 398pp. 2 hp more. I have engine 1 also and make the exact weight with ballast position 0.
I think it can be like this.... ?? This is the option for now , or somebody else build the exact car???

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

His 2000GT just has a Sports ECU and Sports Exhaust. Oil is changed too and has 34,222.9 miles. 👍

Regarding times, I was just looking back and ryangt had tested only group 1. His times seem comparable to mine so maybe there is no need to take results off the board.

I can build rw's car but probably not until later tonight. I will check back when I am home and see if it is needed.

Regarding times, I was just looking back and ryangt had tested only group 1. His times seem comparable to mine so maybe there is no need to take results off the board.

I can build rw's car but probably not until later tonight. I will check back when I am home and see if it is needed.
I must have missed it, any idea which page?

On the matter of who's in/out, we can just include both, call it a tie.

So , if we do 2 groups , we have Motor City Hami-PSN:MotorCtyHamilton in and Onboy123 out

If we do one group without DB test we have Onboy 123 in and Motor City Hami-PSN:MotorCtyHamilton out.

Of course Rallywagon is not in the ranking yet but he would be out the 10.

Up to you madame Lovato.

group1cslacr.jpg

group2cslacr.jpg

grop1-2.jpg

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Can these images be made larger and I swipe them for results?

Sorry for my inactivity. As has been said, I've been gone and away from my PS3. At the beginning, I did send everyone one the TD list a friend request, I think 3 were full. That was a bit ago, and I'm not sure who was full, and who wasn't, however, I didn't leave a message to those people either so I'm as much at fault.
I'll be going on here in a minute and get him added. Sorry guys.

Thanks.👍

So, in the event MCH and Onboy are in the same positions, one being top 5 the other being top 10 overall, then they're both in the second round. (Only if they want to, of course it's not mandatory)

With ryangt's group 1 and DigitalBaka's group 2 times added into the mix it looks like Onboy takes 10th place overall and Motor City take 5th place in group 2.

I agree. Let both compete in round two if they want. 👍

Also, its been a great shootout CSLACR! :cheers:

Thanks.👍

So, in the event MCH and Onboy are in the same positions, one being top 5 the other being top 10 overall, then they're both in the second round. (Only if they want to, of course it's not mandatory)

Eh, I'm split on this. On one hand, I want to be in, cuz I haz promotions to gain! :D But then, I was hardly prepared to be part of round two anyway, so I have nothing to tune…

…but that is, of course, assuming the result allow me in anyway.

Awesome Praiano, thanks.

That leaves the following for round 2:
CSLACR
Rotary Junkie
Praiano
Chulyer
Jackthalad
CyKosis
Tris
Onboy
Theo
Hermanvongerman
Motor City Hami

Round 2

Top 10 tuner entries, any drivers

All rules same as the first round, except as follows:
PP limit will be 420PP
The use of power limiter is limited to 5%.
Ballast is free to be added as pleased.
To tally the score for both rounds, round 1 will count as 50% for the top 10 tuners, round 2 will be the other 50%.
Example: 5th and 5th = Same as 4th and 6th, 7th and 3rd, etc.
Tiebreaker is outright fastest lap.
OP updated with new deadlines as well.
Round 2 is of course, open for business.

Eh, I'm split on this. On one hand, I want to be in, cuz I haz promotions to gain! :D But then, I was hardly prepared to be part of round two anyway, so I have nothing to tune&#8230;

&#8230;but that is, of course, assuming the result allow me in anyway.
It wouldn't really be "fair" for either of you to be left out, since you both either made the top 10 overall, or the top 5 in your division. 👍

Looks like I might just scrape through..... fingers crossed, work has laready been going on for the round 2 ride, however I am torn between two different cars.... and tossing up weather I care about position or originality?...... guess everyone will find out soon enough.

Last edited:
We need drivers top three votes for favorite car btw.
A favorite car can be your favorite because you like the looks, sound, handling, paint, whatever you like.
Which car you want to take home. ;)

1. raVer's Merc 190 E
2. Praiano's MR2 '97
3. MotorCityHami's Miata

Absolutely impossible for me to make the Round 2 deadline.

Chances are I won't even be near a PS3 until after it, much less near a working one... So unless someone wants to spit feedback at me so I can do a blind tune... I'm out.

Wooohooo!! Almost made it to round 2 if I'm reading Praiano's chart on the previous page correctly! That's a big confidence builder!!👍

Thanks to all the test drivers that drove the car:bowdown:

9. johnnypenso - (Nissan Sylvia Spec-S '99)
Lap Time: 8:43.807 / Fun Rating: 9

This car was a blast to drive, another surprise. Responsiveness was superb. One of the best cornering and most balanced cars in the group. I felt like I had complete control of the car at all time. Handling characteristics to me seem very similar to Rotary Junkie’s RX-8. I feel like the only barrier to faster lap times with this car is my skill.

Luv2drive I'm glad you enjoyed the car and that it suited your driving style. I've always felt my tunes were more suited to the average GT5'er than the real pro's because I abhor oversteer in my own driving preference so everything I touch ends up as neutral and balanced as I can get it, which usually suits the vast majority of people but ends up a little sluggish for the top dogs. Glad you enjoyed it and it's comments and reviews like this and others, that make the time and effort worthwhile.:cheers:

Last edited:
My top 3 cars

1) Praiano63, best over all car, fast as hell and a little play in the back for some nice slides
2) Rotary Junkie, anyone got some goo-gone to unstick that rx-8?
3) Xdesperado67 just based on looks.. I am a sucker for a toyota 2000gt

Luv2drive I'm glad you enjoyed the car and that it suited your driving style. I've always felt my tunes were more suited to the average GT5'er than the real pro's because I abhor oversteer in my own driving preference so everything I touch ends up as neutral and balanced as I can get it, which usually suits the vast majority of people but ends up a little sluggish for the top dogs. Glad you enjoyed it and it's comments and reviews like this and others, that make the time and effort worthwhile.:cheers:

I don't think it's any of your fault that the S15 isn't the fastest kid on the block here. I tested it myself (as well as had a 450PP/S3 version) and while the balance that can be achieved with it is a thing of beauty, it's not a "fast" car. It doesn't quite have the grip, and it doesn't have the go to make up for it. I personally think the RX-8 was an "easy" way out for me; it's about as glued as they get... As evidenced by how it's doing on the time boards despite having the straight line speed of a shopping trolley. I reckon at any type of tighter track it would decimate.

Hey all, really sorry if I created any confusion. When I jumped into this thing a couple of weeks ago I thought I sent FRs to everyone on the tuner list. I didn't notice that I missed RallyWagon until Friday when I had to catch up and test all the cars that I hadn't gotten around to (crazy week last week). In any case, turns out he was on vacation this weekend so didn't see my FR until Sunday AM.

In any case, I'm more than happy to build the car myself, problem now is that I'm out of town all week for work and won't be back at home racing until Fri night / Sat. morn. I'll test Rallywagon's car then, send the results to CSLACR and update my results post.

Back