400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Preliminary Results:

These results are preliminary. I have to still go back and make sure I've given each car the best I can.

But many of of these cars, most notably the Loti and Hami's RX-8 have been a blast to drive. (I think I'm finally figuring out how to drive RWD cars)

1. Praiano63 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 - 8:15.748 (I really enjoy this car!)
2. Theo777 - Lotus Elise 111S '03 - 8:22.768
3. JackThalad - Honda S2000 '03 - 8:23.776
4. MotorCityHami - Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 - 8:24.421
5. RotaryJunkie - Mazda RX-8 Type E '03 - 8:25.205
6. CSLACR - Honda S2000 '06 - 8:25.866
7. Cykosis1973 - Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04 - 8:27:235
8. Hermanvongerman - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95 - 8:28.965
9. Onboy123 - Fiat Punto Abarth '00 - 8:32.282
10. Tris_73 - Lexus IS 200 (J) '98 - 8:48.926 (had a hard time finishing a lap with this car, I hope I can reduce this considerably)

I'll post final results probably on Saturday

Well done :)
Sorry havent been able to watch your lap time you sent me yet, i will have a hard time finding enought time to run the 10 cars before deadline :(

Should be able to run one more car tonight. :scared:

Hermanvongerman
HONDA INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '95
8:22.307
I beat the living 🤬 out of this car for 5 laps and it loved it as much as I did. I think it's evident where my driving skills lie.

That doesn't mean the car doesn't have issues. I'd like to see the rear dampers tightened, to resist weight transfer onto and off of the front wheels. Although I think it can be a personal thing, I'd like to see the ACCEL lowered a little as well. I've found it's crucial to minimise any heating of the outside front tyre, if either tyre should heat up on corner exit, I'd prefer it to be the inside tyre. As the outside is under the greatest load, it has to have as much grip as possible. As it is, the car is a little too squirrely into and out of corners, particularly corner exit, where the car really wanted to pull to the outside of the corner. Most noticeable on off camber corners.

My best time was set on my 4th lap, during my 5th I was ahead by a clear 1.2 secs climbing the hill, before I stuffed it, sorry.

I love the fact you enjoyed destroying the integra as much as I do, interested in your comments around heating of outside tyre, as I have set the car up based on "no tyre wear" for this comp, and I really struggled getting the car to behave in a particular manner on the first section of the course so softened the rear dampers to make the tail wag a little... I'll keep at it and hopefully will be able to deliver something in the future more alligned to this methodology....thanks for the review!!!!:):)👍👍

Car back on share. Wish I had more time this week. Did a few of the online A-spec 500 pp challenges using the car still at 420 pp. Bumped up to sport hard tires and could get the wins. Comfort Softs were just a little too short.

Your car have sport hard tires still on and 424PP power limiter is at 90%.
Is there anything i need to do to get it to 420PP?

mike_gt3
Your car have sport hard tires still on and 424PP power limiter is at 90%.
Is there anything i need to do to get it to 420PP?

No. I just checked it. It is at 420 pp 252hp 1550kg and with comfort softs.

Last edited:
Ok i just checked it again and its at 420PP... first try it really were at 424PP on sport hard:crazy: , i was impressed by its handling , it was unreal for comfort soft thats when i saw it had 424PP on sport hard with 90% power limiter... it was probably a bug?

Couldnt test your car today, may be tomorow! :)

thx, jontak, theres 2 Integra Type-R '95 on share is it normal? and wich one i need to test?

:)

thx, jontak, theres 2 Integra Type-R '95 on share is it normal? and wich one i need to test?

:)

:ill:That is so wierd? are they both yellow with white wheels?

I had my gamesave get corrupted the other day and had to re-upload the car so maybe that was the issue..........:ouch::ouch:

double check the tune on the car matches my post, if it does go nuts...... :scared:

Do I need to run your car again..??
Yes, if you could, please.

I guess I should say the time can't improve? It wouldn't really be fair for extra practice to give it an advantage by a re-run.
If it seems to be running exactly the same I guess just keep the time you have. I would imagine it should lose roughly .5-1.5 seconds, which can be very hard to find when spread over 13 miles.

Preliminary Results:

These results are preliminary. I have to still go back and make sure I've given each car the best I can.

But many of of these cars, most notably the Loti and Hami's RX-8 have been a blast to drive. (I think I'm finally figuring out how to drive RWD cars)

1. Praiano63 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 - 8:15.748 (I really enjoy this car!)
2. Theo777 - Lotus Elise 111S '03 - 8:22.768
3. JackThalad - Honda S2000 '03 - 8:23.776
4. MotorCityHami - Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 - 8:24.421
5. RotaryJunkie - Mazda RX-8 Type E '03 - 8:25.205
6. CSLACR - Honda S2000 '06 - 8:25.866
7. Cykosis1973 - Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04 - 8:27:235
8. Hermanvongerman - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95 - 8:28.965
9. Onboy123 - Fiat Punto Abarth '00 - 8:32.282
10. Tris_73 - Lexus IS 200 (J) '98 - 8:48.926 (had a hard time finishing a lap with this car, I hope I can reduce this considerably)

I'll post final results probably on Saturday

I guess I should say the time can't improve? It wouldn't really be fair for extra practice to give it an advantage by a re-run.
If it seems to be running exactly the same I guess just keep the time you have. I would imagine it should lose roughly .5-1.5 seconds, which can be very hard to find when spread over 13 miles.

I highly doubt that the car will lose .5 to 1.5 seconds based on 1 PP point of engine break in gain. You're really worrying way to much for this half thrown together 2nd round. There's no way I can win this whole thing anyway with half of the score coming from the first round. I bet the car runs just about the same as the first time he drove it.

I love the fact you enjoyed destroying the integra as much as I do, interested in your comments around heating of outside tyre, as I have set the car up based on "no tyre wear" for this comp, and I really struggled getting the car to behave in a particular manner on the first section of the course so softened the rear dampers to make the tail wag a little... I'll keep at it and hopefully will be able to deliver something in the future more alligned to this methodology....thanks for the review!!!!:):)👍👍

It's all symptomatic of the drivetrain unfortunately, you’re fighting an uphill battle before you’ve even turned the key in the ignition. Bravo for carrying on regardless, I’m glad there were a few of us.

You can probably produce the same effect by beefing up the front springs and dampers. Not by much, dampers probably only 1 click, springs maybe +2.0. This should resist weight moving onto and off of the front when entering and exiting corners. I only suggested the rear dampers as they’re currently 4/4 and can probably afford to be stiffened a little, +2/+1.

If you’re after a little more rotation, you could consider flipping your ride height. Counterintuitive as it may seem, I think you’ll find the will car rotate a little better.

Suspension tweaks may mean you don’t have to do anything with the diff. There are plenty that successfully run higher diffs than I normally like 👍

I see this happen quite often. Herman had two ITR displayed when I borrowed it last night. They're one and the same car, it's just a glitch 👍

Consider it done...

{Cy}

I see this happen quite often. Herman had two ITR displayed when I borrowed it last night. They're one and the same car, it's just a glitch 👍
{Cy}

Thx for the info, only quick difference from i seen was the mileage, one had around 85000km, and the other one had less, cant remember exactly...

Have a nice day everyone :)

Results:

1. Theo777 - Lotus Elise 111S '03 - 8:15.034
2. Praiano63 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 - 8:19.608
3. JackThalad - Honda S2000 '03 - 8:20.060
4. Hermanvongerman - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95 - 8:21.853
5. RotaryJunkie - Mazda RX-8 Type E '03 - 8:22.499
6. CSLACR - Honda S2000 '06 - 8:23.518
7. Cykosis1973 - Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04 - 8:24:071
8. MotorCityHami - Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 - 8:25.474
9. Tris_73 - Lexus IS 200 (J) '98 - 8:26.965
10. Onboy123 - Fiat Punto Abarth '00 - 8:34.713

IS200: bad grip on cold tires, nice gearbox, nice under brakes. loose mid corner under acceleration. This tune doesn't seem to have the lap speed of the top contenders but I very much enjoyed driving this. I think this is a pretty nice ride.

><(((((°>: I was too cautious in the braking zone at the end of my hot lap. Sorry. Nasty on bumps, at edge of grass, on kerbs until you get a feel for this car. So there is some time needed to adjust to the car, but then very safe and easy to drive. It corners fast and nothing weird happens mid corner or on corner exit. Great!

CSLACR: Great car. Really gripping feel to this. I couldn't help but take a peek at the settings: it's a lot like how I have been making my tunes recently. I didn't go as fast with this S2000 as the other S2000 tune. Bummer.

Jack: Extremely good in very high speed corners. The engine has good pep too. You can push this car hard through twisting sections if you really man handle the car. Looking over the replay, the car is neutral/understeering except for where the car steps out under power with all the horsepower only feeding to one wheel... but that's obviously not at all bad for lap times. Good effort.

RJ: Beautiful. Can ride kerbs and bumps and it has high grip though bends. Very easy to drive, easy to hit all the apexes and no problems mid corner or on exit... and it's fast!

Motor City: A pretty basic tune. Sometimes there is understeer sometimes there is oversteer. There's a dead spot in the steering wheel around centre on high speed straight sections too. I prefer the other RX8 tune, I think it's slightly more engaging to drive and slightly faster. This car is super easy to drive and even with an imperfect lap, this car still turns a respectable lap time, so this is still a very decent tune, well done.

Civic: Quite a fun can. In high speed sections of track this car is great. No bad understeer and a smooth rise.

Punto: It seems to have low grip and has understeer. I like the stiff feel of the car though and I enjoyed driving it. I tried to make some quick tweaks to improvements the car but then I couldn't keep up with the ghost, so your setup might be pretty good for this car after all. Well done.

Integra: There is something funny going on with the ABS with this car for me. The gearbox is good. The car feels floaty, sometimes it easily gets out of control. I invalidated my first two laps, but after getting used to the car, I made a rather fast lap (for me). Handling/cornering is great. Good tune.

111S: Brilliant! The better elise for me. It has massive amounts of grip, safe on limit, great cornering. I could make minor errors and get away with them. A little tap, tap, tap with the brakes at the apex if I came in to a corner a bit too fast and error corrected. Virtually impossible to make a bad error with this car if you know basically how to drive the circuit. This tune gave me the confidence to drive at my limit. Brilliant!

I am done testing these cars. Great job tuners. These entries are great! Also, thx to test drivers who drove my tune in round1 and for the get feedback.

Last edited:
Thx for the info, only quick difference from i seen was the mileage, one had around 85000km, and the other one had less, cant remember exactly...

Have a nice day everyone :)

It maybe that Herman had it on share, took it off, piled a few more miles on and re-shared ... maybe..!! I see this happen quite often, with xDee in particular. He almost always seems to have duplicates on share. I blame his shoddy 'net connection :sly:

{Cy}

It maybe that Herman had it on share, took it off, piled a few more miles on and re-shared ... maybe..!! I see this happen quite often, with xDee in particular. He almost always seems to have duplicates on share. I blame his shoddy 'net connection :sly:
and....... You can probably produce the same effect by beefing up the front springs and dampers. Not by much, dampers probably only 1 click, springs maybe +2.0. This should resist weight moving onto and off of the front when entering and exiting corners.
{Cy}

no it's cause my Game save corrupted and I had to load up a back up save from usb so had to re-share the car, thats why I had to put power limiter on it as original tune did not have that, I put some serious miles on the clock of the original build of the car prior to game save corruption and managed to post some very quick times with it (after god knows how many laps) so maybe you were seeing the original car...:ill::crazy:

ok so with the weight piece, I am under the impression that weight transfer is a good thing to a degree (obviously not a whale of a car), as this way we can load the wheels giving the most driving force into the direction we wish to go, and don't get me wrong, I hear what your saying about reducing the weight transfer to the front, however, in a FF car don't we want the weight to be over the drive wheels? that is where all of the traction lies, if the outer tyre is spinning faster than the inner tyre we get over steer correct? so loading the front outside tyre should technically be a good thing? as if we did not do that the car would never turn. I will most certainly take you up on your advice and test further, as GT is not reality although I wish it was....... in reality the reason IT-R's are so dominant in FF class is the fact most of the weight is over the front axle giving them a better turn in especially under braking due to weight transition....

PS I love you for listening to my 🤬

Last edited:
ok so with the weight piece, I am under the impression that weight transfer is a good thing to a degree (obviously not a whale of a car), as this way we can load the wheels giving the most driving force into the direction we wish to go, and don't get me wrong, I hear what your saying about reducing the weight transfer to the front, however, in a FF car don't we want the weight to be over the drive wheels? that is where all of the traction lies

Weight transfer is indeed a good thing and a useful tool when driving FWD cars. What I'm suggesting won't eliminate weight transfer, it should just make it more controlled and gradual.

For corner entry, look at front COMP and rear EXT. Stiffening these will keep the nose from diving and the tail from lifting, respectively. If there's too much weight moving too quickly, you'll exceed your available grip, heat the tyres and fly by the apex. On corner exit, look at front EXT and rear COMP. Stiffening these will keep the nose from lifting and the tail from diving. Likewise, if there's too much transfer to the rear on corner exit, then the available grip at the front diminishes as the weight travels rearward.

All of this may also be achieved by merely increasing the front spring. Dampers (IMO) work in conjunction with the springs and determine how fast or slow the springs themselves react. A stiffer front spring maybe enough to resist the weight going into and out or a corner

if the outer tyre is spinning faster than the inner tyre we get over steer correct? so loading the front outside tyre should technically be a good thing? as if we did not do that the car would never turn.

In a RWD car, yes. But not in a FWD car. FWD cars aren't just back-to-front RWD cars, they're mirrored too, if that makes sense. In a FWD car, if the outside front tyre is spinning, you'll get understeer as the tyre has less grip and will push wide. Putting load on the outside front tyre is good, because it has the most contact with the tarmac, but you want the tyre to stay a nice cool blue. As long as the load isn't too great and the wheel alignment allows for the outside tyre to pull the car around the corner, you'll be ok. Anything that makes it push, will ultimately slow you down.

I will most certainly take you up on your advice and test further, as GT is not reality although I wish it was....... in reality the reason IT-R's are so dominant in FF class is the fact most of the weight is over the front axle giving them a better turn in especially under braking due to weight transition....

Please do test all of this for yourself. These are just things that I've found useful for myself when building FWD cars. It could well be that I'm talking out of my arse and if someone more knowledgeable wants to tell me to shut my stupid, fat mouth and lay it out like it actually is, then so be it.

PS I love you for listening to my 🤬

Likewise, thank you for listening to my ramblings 👍

{Cy}

Love it and a sensible argument.....sounds like some spring and compression adjustment is on its way....I think the Diff will need the Accel lowered to work with your theory too:).

I'll try those settings, and then do some laps:scared:.... my fastest time with the car previously was an 8:16.4xx so if once the tune is changed it's faster than that for me I will eat my hat good sir!. Also you are old and Fat, but that's just the pot calling the kettle black :sly:

So I'll report back in once my own personal testing is done:)......

also question... are you using a wheel or a DS3? as this will make a large difference in the tune and how the weight is transferred :boggled:(you can't feather the ds3 like you can a wheel).

also question... are you using a wheel or a DS3? as this will make a large difference in the tune and how the weight is transferred :boggled:(you can't feather the ds3 like you can a wheel).
Don't know about driving with wheel since I don't have one, but I find using the right thumb stick gives me a lot better fine throttle and brake control than using the buttons or triggers can.:drool:

I'm able to get partial throttle, feather the throttle, and ease into/off of throttle and brakes fairly controllably with the thumb stick.👍👍

I highly doubt that the car will lose .5 to 1.5 seconds based on 1 PP point of engine break in gain. You're really worrying way to much for this half thrown together 2nd round. There's no way I can win this whole thing anyway with half of the score coming from the first round. I bet the car runs just about the same as the first time he drove it.
I bet it does run almost exactly the same.
But...
It wouldn't be fair for your time to improve through this though.
It wouldn't be fair for your car to gain power while driving and exceed the PP limit either.

I think this is a pretty good compromise, no?

Thanks to all the testers , great drive from all of you, this result till now let me happy because everybody can be fast with my car. It was not the case during the first round with the MR2. This is always my goal when i tune a car. The key to go fast for me is that it must be easy to drive. Some few GT drivers that almost don`t do any mistakes are faster with more sharp settings , but this cars that i love to drive also for the challenge don´t suit to 90% of the people.

Thanks to everybody and have a good night.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Don't know about driving with wheel since I don't have one, but I find using the right thumb stick gives me a lot better fine throttle and brake control than using the buttons or triggers can.:drool:

I'm able to get partial throttle, feather the throttle, and ease into/off of throttle and brakes fairly controllably with the thumb stick.👍👍

I would still debate weather the DS3 with any config does better than say a DFGT for fine inputs when driving simply due to the nature of their design, no left footed braking for you when using the right stick on the ds3 I guess?..

steering input itself is a big issue as you do not have the full rotation of a wheel for precise input. I use both DS3 and Wheel, but find I can generally do better lap times on most tracks with the wheel vs DS3, however there are some demons out there with a controller don't get me wrong, you see them on the TT leaderboards all the time..:crazy:

Last edited:
I would still debate weather the DS3 with any config does better than say a DFGT for fine inputs when driving simply due to the nature of their design,

steering input itself is a big issue as you do not have the full rotation of a wheel for precise input. I use both DS3 and Wheel, but find I can generally do better laptimes on most tracks with the wheel vs DS3, however there are some demons out there with a controller don't get me wrong, you see them on the TT leaderboards all the time..:crazy:
Didn't say the controller was in any way better than a wheel.:dopey:

Just said its not impossible to feather the throttle with one and that they're not completely hopeless for getting some fine control with.:D

Hi guys :)
I have concluded the laps in the cars, and i just have to say that i didn't have my wheel with me and with the DS3 wich i am not very used to i could not get better lap times than this.. even feeling the cars was not perfect but i did the best i could.
5 laps to each one was enought i think. Always completing 5 laps in a row ;)

PS: i dont usually use FWD just when i am obligated to.. so that reflects a bit. sorry guys, and huge props to those who dared to make them competitive! ;)

So here it goes:

Onboy Fiat Punto &#8211; 8.30.329
I have to say, I like the real car. It&#8217;s a shame its so badly done, and has a bad reputation, but my father had an HGT just like this one, and with 190hp after some changes, we had a lot of fun sometimes:scared:
So.. I think maybe I give it to much hope and left disappointed&#8230; The gears onboy.. oh 👎 the ratios don&#8217;t work for me.. neither the NOISE!!
I only managed 8.30.329.. I hoped I could do better than that. The overall setup is good, a bit too much nose-diving in some corners, resulting in a quite amount of understeer in the exit. But its fwd, its normal to have some.
I just think u could have done better, but it&#8217;s a fun troll car ;)

Tris_73 Lexus 8.24.126
Has anyone tried this car on confort hards? :D I did and it was so fun :D
Has to much oversteer to be competitive..

Cykosis Civic 8.20.174
I never like fwd cars and i do try to like them.. However, this civic is pretty cool to ride.. great grip, good turning, good power.. easy to drive. Not a very quick time, but I think it did good comparing with some I have driven ;) props to those who went FWD. 👍

Hermanvongerman integra 8.19.542
This integra is just a tad quicker than the civic in my hands. As the civic, It is a good car. No much to say about it.. even if it has flaws, I am not the one to identify them.. sorry man :nervous:

Jackthalad s2000 8.17.182
This s2000 has a good tune, but for me, I didn&#8217;t fit in so well as I did with the other s2000 from cslacr.. there isn&#8217;t much to say about it. Very balanced and easy to go fast. 👍

CSLACR S2000 &#8211; 8.16.652
In slow corners has a bit of exit oversteer but very manageable.
No understeer, good speed, good overall feeling. Planted, good gearbox, perfect amount of grip/no grip. Lets you find the car while you ride it along the course. Needs a bit of laps until you start really pushing it. Love it 👍👍

Rotary Junkie rx8 8.16.023
I liked motorctyhamilton rx8 more, but this one is very good also. It just has a little oversteer, in the exit of some corners. I think if he had the ps3 working, it would be perfect.. ;)

Motorctyhamilton rx8 8.15.026
Great car, very balanced, very fast in the straights and doesn&#8217;t need much attention to drive it quickly.. I mean, its easy to do a safe fast lap, consistently. When you push, it does deliver but you have to be a good driver.. ;) great car man ;)

theo elise 111s &#8211; 8.15.164
This car is the second quickest because the elise's are a lot faster than the others. But this one, is very diferent from praiano&#8217;s. Oversteer in all types of corners. If you really work it, and with a wheel, maybe there&#8217;s a way to stop the oversteer and be faster. But I couldn&#8217;t.. with the ds3 I cant keep the car stable in an full lap.

Praiano elise 111r &#8211; 8.13.123
Well there isn&#8217;t much to say obviously.. as praiano said, only top drivers are capable of driving in full tilt, but the car does allow everyone to put in a great time! and in these top10 cars, it is plainly the fastest/easiest to do so. No over/understeer or whatsoever in throttle or braking. It just grips grips grips and flys through the corners. It&#8217;s a wonderful car that you gave us man. Congratulations Fisher 👍👍
PS: i didn't choose him as my first driver choice praiano, because it is pure speed and grip... it only puts me happy when i get better times. The S2000 that i chose, was more funny.. some oversteer is good to have fun.. :)

So:

1 - Praiano - 2nd Driver Choice!
2 - Theo
3 - MotorCtyHamilton - 3rd Driver choice.
4 - Rotary Junkie
5 - CSLACR - My Driver Choice. Loved it!
6 - Jackthalad
7 - Hermanvongerman
8 - Cykosis
9 - Tris_73
10 - Onboy

Thank you to all that gave us amazing cars to drive in this shootout! It was my first shootout, and i loved it! Great fun it was! Congratulations CSLACR! 👍👍

Didn't say the controller was in any way better than a wheel.:dopey:

Just said its not impossible to feather the throttle with one and that they're not completely hopeless for getting some fine control with.:D

agreed....just not as easy, sorry my writing is not articulated the same way in which I would talk if we were having a conversation.

Love it and a sensible argument.....sounds like some spring and compression adjustment is on its way....I think the Diff will need the Accel lowered to work with your theory too:).

I'll try those settings, and then do some laps:scared:.... my fastest time with the car previously was an 8:16.4xx so if once the tune is changed it's faster than that for me I will eat my hat good sir!. Also you are old and Fat, but that's just the pot calling the kettle black :sly:

So I'll report back in once my own personal testing is done:)......

I use a DS3. For what it's worth, on the PS2/GT4 a friend and I tested ourselves using both a wheel and a controller. Neither of us found that our lap times improved much when using a wheel. It maybe that current gen wheel/pedals have come on in leaps since I last tried, who knows.

I'll PM you in a bit regarding your car and stuff, for the moment though, there's a sausage sarnie calling my name from the canteen :sly:

{Cy}

Nice testings and reviews so far! well done :)

I hope to have enought time to complete my reviews tonight :dopey:

Finaly, its done! :dopey:

Sorry comments will be shorter, i could have gone a little faster with all the cars, about 0.500 to 1 second may be slightly more, but it would require more time.:crazy:

1- praiano63 Lotus Elise 111R '04
8:03.198
Speed under bridge: 228
Very fast car, quickest around the track, plenty of grip at any speed, good gearing, look and sound, only complaints (not really bad) would be you cannot use its drivetrain at your advantage, any loss of grip will result in a loss of time, slow entry fast exit apply to this car, once you find the line it will be fast!, the other one would be running on cobblestone sometimes make the car react brutaly, you need to be careful and use the right line. awesome car once again praiano!

2- Zigatan Lotus Elise 111S '03
8:06.526
speed under bridge: 229 km/h
More genuine feel, require some concentration to get the best out of it, but its rewarding and a lot of fun!

3- MotorcityHami RX-8 Type-S '07
8:08.858
Speed under bridge: 233
Very good car, very neutral, but have a tendency to lose rear traction on hard braking while downshifting, as soon you really the brake (especially when you release quick) it will oversteer quickly, otherwise great handling good turn-in, in some curve it was better to stay in 3rd to keep more control even if it felt slower...it was not. Would have been faster with a more stability on agressive braking. Well done i really enjoyed driving it :)

4- Jackthalad S2000 '03
8:09.130
Speed under bridge: 229
Very well balanced car, good gearing and high reving sound, very stable with perfect turn-in, less controllable than the other S2000 for extreme angle powerslide... when you ecounter one...
Awesome car!

5- RotaryJunkie RX-8 Type-E '03
8:10.103
speed under bridge:
Good handling, the rear end will get unstable right when you release the brake after hard braking (same thing as the Type S '07, but its worst in this car) , making the car hard to keep on the right line, and it will lose grip. good gearing, again could been faster if it was more stable while braking agressively. Well done!

6- CSLACR S2000 '06
8:10.896
speed under bridge: 228
Good handling, more agressive handling than Jackthalad's S2000, just dont grip as much, great car fun to drive, good gearing, can do some nice powerslide without losing too much speed. Good job.

7- Jontank Integra Type-R (DC2) '95
8:11.751
Speed under bridge: 230
It can do great lap time, its a good car overall, only thing would be the steering feel ''loose'', the car move all around the place, probably to give it more turn-in, but the car react differently on different surface of the track because of this needing all your attention to get the car in the perfect line. I liked the car! :)

8- Cykosis Civic Type-R EP '04
8:13.280
Speed under bridge: 227
Great car, good balance and fun to drive, i like the sound and its fun to push to the limit, well done!

9- TRIS_73 Lexus IS200
8:16.153
Speed under bridge: 238
Probably the biggest surprise, a lot better than i expected! stable high speed braking that let you place the car where ever you want to take the next curve, great power and top speed, addictive sound. Even if its tail happy, the sliding is linear and you can easily manage it. Despite all that fun, the oversteer really slowed it down unfortunatly, unable to put the power on the pavement.

10- Onboy123 Fiat Punto HGT abarth '00
8:24.900
Speed under bridge: 218kmh
Lot of oversteer, too low suspension, poor top end power, did only 2 complete lap, its not fun to drive unfortunatly. I did some tweaks on the suspension and diff setting and could shave 0.700 in the first 2 splits and the car had 4 less hp it needed an oil change(vs the 8:24.900 at full power). I was expecting better, the car looked good and had a nice sound though.

My driver's choice would be really hard to decide, i hate to say this but praiano your car is too perfect to be my driver's choice, dont get me wrong its really fun to drive and a phenomenal car. May be its tamed a little too much for my liking, but i understand it make it really fast for almost everyone who is behind the wheel. 👍
I quickly found its grip limit may be thats why :)

My driver choice would be Jackthalad's S2000 when driving to the limit, and TRIS_73's Lexus IS200 for pure driving fun.

To me, they were all really close fun wise, except the Fiat (sorry Onboy:scared:)

Well done everyone i really enjoyed driving them thx for sharing! 👍

:cheers:

edit:

praiano's Elise 111R '04

Last edited:
Those are some outstanding times Mike. Thanks for throwing the CTR about, seems like I wrung the most I could out of it. I thought FWD might still stand a chance up to about 450PP on these tyres, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case.

Props to Herman, we've traded places throughout this round, but I think he'll be the cat that gets the milk 👍

{Cy}

Back