5 Random Facts About You

• Thread starter Lissa
  • 2,354 comments
YES YES YES I think the exact same thing.
I used to watch Walker Texas Ranger with my mom at night, but I got to where I didn't want to anymore and a huge part of it was because they played these commercials every single time. Again, I am not against what they stand for, but you can only see the same commercial so many times before it starts to become annoying and it doesn't help they're abnormally long as well. Plus, I have a weird feeling they're not what they crack themselves up to be either.

If I was to watch it again, I'd just record it to my DVR and watch it later so I can fast forward through them. 😎

Last edited:
1. The smell of melon is the only thing I hate.

2. I have been collecting hotweels for 8 years and have never unpacked them.

3. I don't like remasters or old games at all.

4. I drive advanced cars in real life, but the way I look in GT7 is not even half the truth. :)

5. I'm completely obsessed with using items. The items I use are not scratched, their cables are not bent or dirty. I don't sit anywhere except on a bench or couch outside. (even stone, marble, plastic or wood), I wipe the items before use. I don't have any dusty items. I don't even use my steering wheel at 270°, I use it between 240°. Final limits are not for me.

1. I have gotten to where I get annoyed when I hear my dad laugh now because when he does, he often feels the need to force us to watch whatever it is he's laughing at regardless if we want to see it or not. It doesn't help it's either something I have already seen or something that isn't even all that funny to me.
2. I favor Gameboy Color games more than Gameboy Advance games as of late.
3. I hate it when people say "skill issue" anytime someone complains about difficulty in a video game, or anything in general really, but mostly video games. Sure certain things can be summed up as such, but some things are just way harder than they need to be and sometimes saying something is hard isn't even a skill issue, it's an analysis.
4. For some reason, I laugh hysterically when I see a chicken floating on water and swimming like a duck. :lol:
5. I hate my middle name.

Last edited:
1. I have gotten to where I get annoyed when I hear my dad laugh now because when he does, he often feels the need to force us to watch whatever it is he's laughing at regardless if we want to see it or not. It doesn't help it's either something I have already seen or something that isn't even all that funny to me.
My friend, don't get me wrong, but have you thought about it this way? I am 30 years old, my father may be 60 years old. They've just seen this technology and they like it. and sharing it with those closest to him makes him very happy. ?. Maybe it's not because you laugh at the things he shares. Could he have been trying to say, "I can do this, look and see?" My father is 72 years old and when he does something, he wants to show it off and say he can do it, and we are very happy.

It says I posted ITT previously, but I don't remember what I said, so I've come up with a new list:

1. I tried qualifying for the Olympics once.

2. I was TIME Magazine's Person of the Year in 2006.

3. I've stood exactly where a nuclear weapon was detonated.

4. I once met Charlie Trotter at his restaurant in Chicago.

5. I have a copy of the Gran Turismo 4 Special Toyota Demo, which I acquired at the 2004 NY Int'l Auto Show.

Last edited:
It says I posted ITT previously, but I don't remember what I said,
Previous page...

1. Fired a revolver in Las Vegas.

2. Have been to the exact coordinates where an atomic bomb was detonated.

3. Been injected with not one, but two radiotracers for money.

4. Has a father who was a high-ranking military officer and a renowned surgeon.

5. Owns shares in Ferrari.

My friend, don't get me wrong, but have you thought about it this way? I am 30 years old, my father may be 60 years old. They've just seen this technology and they like it. and sharing it with those closest to him makes him very happy. ?. Maybe it's not because you laugh at the things he shares. Could he have been trying to say, "I can do this, look and see?" My father is 72 years old and when he does something, he wants to show it off and say he can do it, and we are very happy.
It's not that, he's been accustomed to using his phone for a long time now, so it's not all that new to him anymore. I must say though, I've tolerated his desire to show us every little thing he finds funny for quite some time now, and the feeling I have about it now is one I only developed in the past year or so. Sometimes you can only tolerate something for so long before it starts to become annoying.

Last edited:
2. I was TIME Magazine's Person of the Year in 2006.
my man denzel GIF

1. I don't like getting into discussions about what kind of punishments people's parents gave them when they misbehaved at a young age.
2. I am supposed to finish up with what I am doing at college next year and I am not sure where I'll be once that time comes yet.
3. My interest in collecting diecast cars, although not gone, is waning since I haven't quite found a decent method to properly store my most recent additions to my collection and haven't really been to any places that sell cars I care a lot about in a while. My desire to customize diecast however is still something I care about, albeit not as much as I used to.
4. I never was a huge fan of the Nintendo DS simply because of the whole idea of having 2 screens, I find it disorienting.
5. I really enjoy ripping sprites from Gameboy games and I contribute to Spriter's Resource fairly often.

Bonus Fact:
6. Kind of an extension of #5, but of all the sprites I rip from games, ripping entire levels is what I tend to enjoy the most. My mom says I used to do a lot of puzzles when I was little and since piecing together a bunch of screenshots is like a puzzle, I imagine that's why I find satisfaction from it.

1. I graduated from Duke University in 2011. I got my diploma for finishing high school. It was tough, but I made it through. I even skipped the prom to have some semi-peace.

2. I am a rock music fan.

3. My favorite cartoon is Spongebob Squarepants.

4. My favorite flavors of ice cream are strawberry and chocolate.

5. My favorite wrestler is Chris Jericho.

1. I use this thread when there’s nowhere else to post.

2. My first legit job, during collage, I sold alcohol and cigarettes in an off-licence. My family jokingly nicknamed me The Merchant of Death for my whole employment there.

3. I got into a conversation with a pub owner in Hong Kong who recognised my accent as east London. Turns out he grew up on the street where I last lived in England, just a few hundred meters from my former home.

4. I’m in the process of aesthetically modding my daily hypermiling ******* as close to the race modified Civic EK as possible. Just for comedy. It’s comically slow.

5. I have an online shopping addiction that is probably more expensive than my beer addiction. Probably. I buy mostly low cost items with free shipping that are supplemental to other items I already have.

Bonus fact: my dislike for Chinese imports falls by the wayside when roaming the online stores.

1. I use this thread when there’s nowhere else to post.

2. My first legit job, during collage, I sold alcohol and cigarettes in an off-licence. My family jokingly nicknamed me The Merchant of Death for my whole employment there.

3. I got into a conversation with a pub owner in Hong Kong who recognised my accent as east London. Turns out he grew up on the street where I last lived in England, just a few hundred meters from my former home.

4. I’m in the process of aesthetically modding my daily hypermiling ******* as close to the race modified Civic EK as possible. Just for comedy. It’s comically slow.

5. I have an online shopping addiction that is probably more expensive than my beer addiction. Probably. I buy mostly low cost items with free shipping that are supplemental to other items I already have.

Bonus fact: my dislike for Chinese imports falls by the wayside when roaming the online stores.
What year did you graduate from college? Just curious. Anything is better than a beer addiction.

Back