550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
I dont know why, to me appears 485bhp instead 478bhp. Can u help me?

Did you do an oil change or an engine rebuild? These could cause increased bhp.
Also make sure your power parts are standard.

You might be better off buying another NSX if you have done the oil or engine rebuild.
It could take a while to run the increased bhp off 👍

:cheers:

I didnt change the oil. I did it in another one and i bougth a new one for this reason

And when I changed the oil in the other one the PP went up until 557. Now I have 550pp 485bph and 1143 weight

Last edited by a moderator:
Fail of the week earlier.. :D

Ran a really decent lap, came out the last corner and hit the ghost button to reveal myself a tenth in front of my PB. Whooped with delight, missed 6th gear 50M from the line and dropped to 3 thousandths behind my ghost :lol::lol:

OK. I also dont know what happen. I cant use your tune. Thanks anyway

You should be able to use my settings 👍
If the car has 550PP it will get into the TT. You could have more bhp than everyone else! :eek:...:lol:...👍

Bad luck @Growling .....That'll teach you for whooping before the jobs done! ;)...👍

If you've done it once mate............you know the rest 👍

If anyone is interested, this is my tune for the NSX 👍

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car at RBR.

No body rigidity improvement <---Thanks @Stotty 👍

550pp, 478bhp, 1143kg.

85/85
6.21/7.00
2/2
3/3
3/3
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 3/1

Trans

Initial FG: 3.300
Max speed 124mph (Min)
1: 6.053
2: 4.630
3: 3.732
4: 3.110
5: 2.655
6: 2.252
FG: 2.500

LSD: 15/11/5
Triple clutch

Power 93.4%. Everything standard.

Stage 3 weight reduction.

DF 350/600 MAX

Hope it helps 👍

Thank's for sharing!!

I've been going round and round for 3 days doing 1.33.4xx and unable to improve. I tried three different tunes (Cargoratt's, Stotty's and an adaptation of a Praiano tune) and though they feel a bit different, the ultimate lap time is just about the same for me.
Just tried yours and went a 10th quicker on my 3rd lap!! Feels a lot more consistent too, easier to get on the gas early out of a corner.
I noticed that my braking distances are a bit longer with yours than for the other tunes though, especially for turns 2 and 3- I put it up to 5/3 and seems better- but I'm on ABS 1- maybe you ABS 0? in which case it might not be relevant...
Anyway, thanks
D

EDIT- into the 33.2s now! Marvellous!

Last edited:
I'm showing plenty of emotion during this time trial... just not nice ones. :mad: :lol:

Turn 1... :banghead:

EDIT: Another slight improvement, 1'32.187.

EDIT 2: And another... leaving the setup alone now, just improving the lines. 1'32.133.

Last edited:

Ran a really decent lap, came out the last corner and hit the ghost button to reveal myself a tenth in front of my PB. Whooped with delight, missed 6th gear 50M from the line and dropped to 3 thousandths behind my ghost :lol::lol:
I feel you bro, I have done the same sort of thing countless of times, even on final straight like you have!! Damn it's hard to pick yourself up from such a stupid mistake (it's stupid but it's really hard to resist looking the ghost) but only thing at that point you can do is just say "F* it, I'll do even better next run" and just get back to grind, faster you forget that feel, the better, and doing more laps is great way to think something else!!!

You have really done great time on this one, interesting to see how close I can get, didn't look too promising after my first stint and was lucky to make top 200 yeaterday!! Grear job man :bowdown:

Oh yeah, thanks for tunes everyone!!! I ran yesterday on @Stotty tune and it felt great :cheers:

Classic :lol:

My most frustrating fails on this event have been in the final corner... my usual one is carry slight too much speed on the way in, run wide on to the kerb on exit and spin.

Oh how I laugh as I see my ghost actually coming towards me while I rotate through 180*

I only have 250 miles on this one so far, but hopefully I'll get a chance to run it a couple of times again... not sure I've got much more than 0.1-0.2 left in me though (or if I have the patience/skill to actually get that!).

I dont know why, to me appears 485bhp instead 478bhp. Can u help me?

PS vs BHP?

Thanks man 👍 I did what you said and jumped on for a few laps before bed and got the lap I would have got when I made the mistake.

I had an average first 2 sectors though and can be 2 tenths up on it so I can see a theoretical 32.1. I should go over and try Suzuka but this combo is just so nice

Yeah @Stotty that damn kerb sucks you out doesn't it :banghead:

I've done about 1000 miles on it :eek: It's amazing how you guys can reach the ultimate pace so fast!!

Edit: actually my garage is saying I've done 550 miles in the nsx not 1000

Last edited:
You should be able to use my settings

SW__10
I can not use your gear box. Maybe because I changed already the power?

Yeah @Stotty that damn kerb sucks you out doesn't it :banghead:

The kerbs on RBR are evil... touch them with any throttle applied and you lap is toast :lol:

I think the cars would work better the other way around on the 2 current seasonals... the NSX would be an amazing car at Suzi, and the stop/start nature of RBR would suit the ZZII better.

I think the cars would work better the other way around on the 2 current seasonals... the NSX would be an amazing car at Suzi, and the stop/start nature of RBR would suit the ZZII better.

I've been thinking the same thing, and this is not first set of events where PD seems to choose what car suits on what track and then just does the shuffle :lol: But yeah, driving a car that doesn't quite suit the track keeps it interesting I think 👍

550pp, 478bhp, 1143kg.

85/85
6.21/7.00
2/2
3/3
3/3
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 3/1

Trans

Max speed 124mph (Min)

Triple clutch

DF 350/600 MAX

Hope it helps 👍

Brilliant tune, much appreciated!! Got my time into the top 1000 and still losing a bit in places.

i might have to try this tune

550pp, 478bhp, 1143kg.

85/85
6.21/7.00
2/2
3/3
3/3
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 3/1

Trans

Max speed 124mph (Min)

Triple clutch

DF 350/600 MAX

Hope it helps 👍

For more challenging use M4 Coupe, soft race suspension, LSD 15/8/12, Low torque turbo & brake adjust and weight reduction to get 550 PP. Other parts are original.Using Ds3 got 1:41.2** . Steering could be at least 2 second faster. One thing I don't understand is why PD make this M4 braking is too terrible! (ABS 1 only, thats all.. )

ODB
I've been thinking the same thing, and this is not first set of events where PD seems to choose what car suits on what track and then just does the shuffle :lol: But yeah, driving a car that doesn't quite suit the track keeps it interesting I think 👍

The NSX works OK at RBR, but I can't help thinking it would be awesome at Suzuka... it just has that lovely feeling most MR's have that it always wants to turn off the power/brakes (althugh MR, the ZZII just doesn't have that balance)... enabling you to balance the weight transfer on the exits with the throttle. It would be perfect in the esses, Degner 1/2 an Spoon.

I might give it a go at 600ppts just to see what it's like :)

I'm struggling on this one... lose it all from that uphill left hander to the finish line bah! I need some grip and confidence there and take the half a sec i'm losing for sure 👎 not my favourite combo but I'm not happy seeing my fast mates pass me only near the end of the lap :P

I have tried 2 LM's now, both the same weight and 1 with 478hp @ 550pp and another with 471hp @ 550pp and that is the car I'm using as I cant get the 478hp car as fast in a straight line for some reason ... the 471 car was already in my garage so not sure what has been done to it? I'll try again soon.

Congrats to the guys in low 1'32's and beyond 👍

Cheers! :cheers:

I'm struggling on this one... lose it all from that uphill left hander to the finish line bah! I need some grip and confidence there and take the half a sec i'm losing for sure 👎 not my favourite combo but I'm not happy seeing my fast mates pass me only near the end of the lap :P

I have tried 2 LM's now, both the same weight and 1 with 478hp @ 550pp and another with 471hp @ 550pp and that is the car I'm using as I cant get the 478hp car as fast in a straight line for some reason ... the 471 car was already in my garage so not sure what has been done to it? I'll try again soon.

Congrats to the guys in low 1'32's and beyond : Tup:

Cheers! :cheers:

Uphill left hander = entry to the sweeping double left?

I brake just before the 50 board and try to keep a smooth wide initial line to hit a later apex (all in 4th gear)... if the rear starts to slide on turn in you can balance it with a tiny amount of throttle... but not too much or the front pushes and you miss the apex.

Sounds like you may have done an oil change at some stage on the 471bhp car.... interesting the lower power car is faster... might be a bit more torque is helping : Tup:

Ok I'm counting the turns mentally now as I don't know the official names haha... turn 5 its a fast lefty heading uphill towards to final section... probably still sounds like jibberish :P ;)

Yes, that's the one... those 2 lefts are all about not being too greedy on entry speed... take a slightly wider entry, coast a bit to get the car to rotate in to the corner, and as soon as you're pointing at the exit pick up c.80% throttle.

If you get too much entry rotation and the rear starts to slide, immediately pick up a small amount of throttle and the rear will stabilise.

Yeah I think I nailed it prefect 1 time out of 1000 laps so far and I was way behind my best lap when I done it :P I spin there so often people are getting seats there just to watch my sloppiness :D

Will keep trying anyway... Cheers Chris 👍

OK. I also dont know what happen. I cant use your tune. Thanks anyway

yes you can!!

I've just checked and I've definitely got 478bhp, 93.4% power with standard parts.

Not sure what you've done :confused:.
Don't break your head over it.

@Jfrod how i did @Stotty 's tune
In the game i started from below.(i bought a new one, because my other 2 had oilchange)
-Fase 3 weight reduction and downforce both at max (350/600)
-Power: Limit to 93.4% and yes you have 550pp and 485HP (not BHP!!)
-Diff at 10/15/5 and i did the triple clutch ( if i don't need it, i will see in the race)
-Gearbox:
reset settings.
Set max speed to 200KMH/124MPH (NO INITIAL FINAL GEAR!!!!!!!!)
1st gear i have minimal 4.917, can't match the 4.916, does not matter, is close enough.
2nd, match
3rd, match
4th, match
5th, max is 2.157, but i set it to match 2.156
6th, max is 1.830, and agian matched it to 1.829
Final gear to 3.075 and done.Not a 100% match, but does not mean you can't use the settings.
-Suspension and done

Last edited:
:lol:

I think my audience are sat on the outside of turn 2, eating popcorn and laughing at my attempts to exit that corner without lighting the rears up or catching the outside kerb and spinning.

If you're spinning on entry to the left, you're turning in too late and/or too hard... if you're spinning on the exit, you're probably turning in too early and then trying to get on the gas too early with too much steering angle... Once you get it right a few times it will click 👍

yes you can!!

Don't break your head over it.

@Jfrod how i did @Stotty 's tune
In the game i started from below.(i bought a new one, because my other 2 had oilchange)
-Fase 3 weight reduction and downforce both at max (350/600)
-Power: Limit to 93.4% and yes you have 550pp and 485HP (not BHP!!)
-Diff at 10/15/5 and i did the triple clutch ( if i don't need it, i will see in the race)
-Gearbox:
reset settings.
Set max speed to 200KMH/124MPH (NO INITIAL FINAL GEAR!!!!!!!!)
1st gear i have minimal 4.917, can't match the 4.916, does not matter, is close enough.
2nd, match
3rd, match
4th, match
5th, max is 2.157, but i set it to match 2.156
6th, max is 1.830, and agian matched it to 1.829
Final gear to 3.075 and done.Not a 100% match, but does not mean you can't use the settings.
-Suspension and done

Thanks. I try later and I tell you:cheers:

Just tried @Stotty and @SW__10 tunes.
Not my style, for a wheel or DS3 using analog sticks or L2 R2, yes.
For me? It was riding a mechanic bull.:eek:
I'm not driving thru the long corners, i'm drifting.(still wondering how i stayed on the track;))

Changed LSD, had to use Steerhelp (?) and traction from 1 to 2 and was 3seconds faster then my old time.

Great gearbox settings, but Suspension/LSD is killing me in the corners.
But i'm not buff for highest rank or fastest time..so i'm happy, just wanted to try your tunes.👍

Back