550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
I'm currently at 1:33.7xx and there's still a few more tenths or possibly even half second I could nick. No doubt you will be faster than me.

Sorry :embarrassed:

Every lap I run, half way between the start line and the 1st corner, your ghost line flies past me... then again between 1st and 2nd hairpins... I wondered WTF was going on until I saw what you were driving :lol:

Where's the popcorn smiley? This is great :lol:

Using Cargo's tune with no rear toe I'm on 1:32.844. Left a few tenths out there I reckon.

MUST IMPROVE!!!:ouch:

Every lap I run, half way between the start line and the 1st corner, your ghost line flies past me... then again between 1st and 2nd hairpins... I wondered WTF was going on until I saw what you were driving :lol:

Is it the Ferrari gto!? I pull a perfect first corner and then @ODB comes tearing past me.. Pretty sure he's pulling the fastest first sector in the world :lol:

OK now, That's quite enough of that thank you very much.... :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck: remember where you are... :gtpflag: this is not Tinder! :lol:

@WhoosierGirl .. Are you going to give this a try in your Miura? I'm currently at 1:33.7xx and there's still a few more tenths or possibly even half second I could nick. No doubt you will be faster than me.

Sorry for the thread derail, :(

I just noticed that this seasonal lasts a week longer then usual (special Christmas seasonal coming?) so I have time to try different cars. I will definitely give my Muira a try, not so sure I will be faster though.

Is it the Ferrari gto!? I pull a perfect first corner and then @ODB comes tearing past me.. Pretty sure he's pulling the fastest first sector in the world :lol:

It's the Muira.

What's ODBs PSN? I need him on my friends list :)

I don't really have "skills" to compare or compete with Aliens (not sure I really like the term) So , sorry I really should have said "got the most out of my limited abilities" rather than "compare myself to them" :dopey:
I think anyone can compare himself to anyone, it's not needed to be an "alien", if you are fast and the other is slow, the gap will be bigger, that's all.

In a tuned TT how do I know I haven't reached my full potential if I am not using the best possible tune available?
It's easy, you need to compare yourself with people of your same level, if you're slower than them your car settings are not good enough, if you're faster than them your car settings are going in the right direction.

I think anyone can compare himself to anyone, it's not needed to be an "alien", if you are fast and the other is slow, the gap will be bigger, that's all.

It's easy, you need to compare yourself with people of your same level, if you're slower than them your car settings are not good enough, if you're faster than them your car settings are going in the right direction.
:cheers:

Well said. I'm always trying to be in the top 1000, but more importantly I worked on a friend list with people with the same skills and also using a controller like I do, to keep me motivated to improve my time in these TT's.

Thanks yet again to @GTP_CargoRatt and @Stotty for sharing their tunes which helped me to lap a 1:33,635 for the moment.

And thanks to all for the motivation to keep trying to improve, by keeping this thread alive and kicking.:cheers:

I was very late getting to this seasonal. I haven't been playing much GT6 lately. Thank you for the tune Stotty. 👍 I just slapped it on my NSX-R at managed a 1:36.410 after only 5 laps (first two were DQs / spin-outs). We'll see if I can find some motivation to get this time down.

I'm sure just braking a bit later will drop my time quite a bit. After a few laps I don't pretend to think I know where the optimal braking point is for each turn...I know I give away a lot of time coming down the hill into that blind left hand sweeper (the beginning of the horse-shoe). I think I'm a little too cautious getting back on the throttle fully too. Those first two laps I spun because of over-aggressive after a corner. Now I think I'm doing the exact opposite.

Good luck to everyone! Especially those chasing the lowest times... You guys (and gals) are incredible drivers! :D

1'32.705 didn't register... need to have another go :(

I was very late getting to this seasonal. I haven't been playing much GT6 lately. Thank you for the tune Stotty. 👍 I just slapped it on my NSX-R at managed a 1:36.410 after only 5 laps (first two were DQs / spin-outs). We'll see if I can find some motivation to get this time down.

Try levelling the ride height on my tune and reducing the LSD accel to 12... that will make the car more stable on entry and exit and you'll spin less... then as you get used to it and start running consistent laps, gradually add the rotation back 👍

1'32.705 didn't register... need to have another go :(

Try levelling the ride height on my tune and reducing the LSD accel to 12... that will make the car more stable on entry and exit and you'll spin less... then as you get used to it and start running consistent laps, gradually add the rotation back 👍
Thank you. I will definitely try that... :cheers:

Whoops!! Sorry mate!! I had no idea it was a rule. I edited my posts so if you just edit your quoted one of mine, it's all good.

But i am pretty happy with my progress so far using MT :D.....So now you can come beat me on the other one :lol:..

Still a great time considering you just recently started with MT.
Will certainly try my best to come close to your time at Suzuka ;)

Back