550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
I can only agree with you. I am trying to learn from some of the best tuners here, but I think that it'll take a lot of time for me to learn because:
  1. As tuning in game has nothing to do with tuning in real life, I am really at a loss when I try to make an approach.
  2. Some time ago, I dedicated time and effort trying to tune cars and then, some tuner came with a tune with really different numbers than mine and happen to be the magical solution that I was looking for. So, that frustrated me and made me give up.

Next Saturday I'll give a try to this new batch of events and I'll give a try to yours, as I always (try to*) do. I like to test different tunes to see which fit the best with my driving style. One thing that I like from yours is to see the video of the lap. I remember one (can't tell wich one) that made me smile when you finnished the lap and you raised your fist with sheer happiness, as I myself do when I manage a really good lap. That, somehow, connected me with you at that moment. :cheers:

*It's always a question of time as I don't have all the desired time to play.
Thanks very much. Yes, I always get very happy with a top time, as I take GT6 quite serious :rolleyes:.
It's nice to know the videos help some guys out!

@GTP_CargoRatt : Gonna try your tune now...!

Good morning everyone. :) Great to see everyone making great improvements and again, very flattering to see people making gains with my tune.....makes this old tuner feel very good and I really appreciate the kind words. :) Got some things to do right now, but I'll be back at it again as usual later on today. Good luck everyone, stay fast. :cheers:

Happy Holidays
Mitch

thanks Cargo 1.33.257 any modifications
65 67
5.41 7.68
1 1
1 1
6 4
0.0 0.0
0.05 0.56
brakes 5 4

lsd 6 6 25
gears CargoRatt final3.075

Yesssss, goal achieved, to get down to the 32's. Dropped down to around 50th again during the day but now am relentlessly working my way back up. :crazy:

1'32.993
42nd atm.

I'm now going to have to really dig from deep within for any further improvement, but that's what being a warrior is all about. :crazy: Not giving up until the absolute best you can do is achieved......and even then you keep digging, relentlessly pursuing that ultimate lap. 👍 I may not have the skill of an alien, but I've got heart, which will eventually get me the skill I need to be in the circle, a circle which I call, "The Green Circle." :sly:

Alright, break time is over, time to get back on it. :cheers:

Improved to 1:33.892 ...for pos# 194.
Still using mostly Cargo's tune but added some of r1roman's tune above. Thanks fellas.
Of course I must add that the 5 beers might have helped, not to mention I'm watching 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' on the other TV at the same time.

Tried some of the tunes floating around and managed a 1'32.438 for 7th place.

It's a shame I lost over 2 tenths in the first corner though :banghead: aside from getting sideways on the exit of the final corner, it was a pretty good rest of the lap!

Found it interesting that 2nd place isn't using active steering and is only 0.04 off the lead, too... might not be very useful on this track!

tried GTPCR tune I thought it was still quite loose at rear end. I put the rear toe up to 1.00 and the front downforce a bit lower than the rear and worked better, the tail of the car is more firmly planted.

After two long stints I'm unable to get the whole grasp of this track... This time I'm far from top spots. Tried different tunes, approaches, but I can't get a decent time. I will give it some rest and take it again in the next days with renewed energies.

For some fun I took the RUF BTR for a couple spins. Mostly stock suspension, racing brakes, power additives, full manual shifting and a terribly slow penultimate corner got a 1'40.5xx. Because it was getting late and also to experiment with how much faster the car would be going up the hill, I switched to the paddles, put on my try-hard pants and laid down a 1'38.988.

After two long stints I'm unable to get the whole grasp of this track... This time I'm far from top spots. Tried different tunes, approaches, but I can't get a decent time. I will give it some rest and take it again in the next days with renewed energies.

I've never connected with this track either.

T3 is OK, but the 1st 2/3rds of the track is Mickey Mouse... 3 straights and 3 hairpins is a bit boring.

Stick at though... it will come 👍

I've never connected with this track either.

T3 is OK, but the 1st 2/3rds of the track is Mickey Mouse... 3 straights and 3 hairpins is a bit boring.

Stick at though... it will come 👍

Hahaha. A few hours ago I was by your side in the leaderboard, now I only see your blue line darting in the distance while I'm struggling to keep the NSX in the track. :lol: For not being connected with the track you did pretty well ;) 👍

As I said, I'll come back in a few days to see how it goes with a fresh perspective.

Hahaha. A few hours ago I was by your side in the leaderboard, now I only see your blue line darting in the distance while I'm struggling to keep the NSX in the track. :lol: For not being connected with the track you did pretty well ;) 👍

As I said, I'll come back in a few days to see how it goes with a fresh perspective.

I haven't started these seasonals yet, still recovering from post vacation sleepiness, lol. But, something I do when I don't have a feel for a track is use a slower car and just learn the the different corners, I think the HSC would be a good car to practice with here. I don't think there is a good rhythm to this track either.

1:35.4 after 10 laps (NSX and @GTP_CargoRatt tune:tup:) and I'm done. No idea why but I can't get on with this track. It almost feels like a chore chasing faster laps rather than enjoyable. I know where I'm losing time too but it's too frustrating with the DS3 to try to put a better lap up. Faster and a lot smoother when I had my wheel but they're too exhausting for me to use now.

The dedication some of you put in to get faster laps in the TT's amazes me.:bowdown:

:lol:

I know how far off the potential best lap my lap is!

One thing though... the NSX is just awesome to drive :)

tried GTPCR tune I thought it was still quite loose at rear end. I put the rear toe up to 1.00 and the front downforce a bit lower than the rear and worked better, the tail of the car is more firmly planted.

Loose is fast.....if you can control it. :mischievous: I always set up my cars towards the loose side, that's why I'm really surprised that people find my tunes useful.......I thought I was the only idiot that likes the feel of the car as though it was on ice. :lol: But yea, loose isn't for everyone. :) I remember the first time I drove a car tuned by @eclipsee in a TT back in GT5. I was spinning in every damn corner. :crazy: :lol: I kept on with it though and the ironic thing now is, I model my driving style after his with the loose handling cars. He deserves a lot of credit because it was him that I learned a lot from back in the day in regards to time trialing. Used to chase his ghost relentlessly. Good luck to you the rest of the way. :cheers:

@kilesa4568 Dedication? I've only put in a little over 1500 miles in this one so far. :crazy: I'm just a little behind my pace. :crazy: :lol:

Loose is fast.....if you can control it. :mischievous: I always set up my cars towards the loose side, that's why I'm really surprised that people find my tunes useful.......I thought I was the only idiot that likes the feel of the car as though it was on ice. :lol: But yea, loose isn't for everyone. :) I remember the first time I drove a car tuned by @eclipsee in a TT back in GT5. I was spinning in every damn corner. :crazy: :lol: I kept on with it though and the ironic thing now is, I model my driving style after his with the loose handling cars. He deserves a lot of credit because it was him that I learned a lot from back in the day in regards to time trialing. Used to chase his ghost relentlessly. Good luck to you the rest of the way. :cheers:

@kilesa4568 Dedication? I've only put in a little over 1500 miles in this one so far. :crazy: I'm just a little behind my pace. :crazy: :lol:
I also like oversteering cars trust me, but not that much :D And this car... This car on sports hard really feels like you drive on ice... because I always thought its basically a race car adapted to the road so it is designed to run on racing tires... therefore with sports hard you need to put an extreme setup in it to make it stable. I put toe to -0.3 front and +1.0 back, and I also like to put more sensitivity/power to the brakes so you can brake a bit later although it can be a bit trickier

My tune has 0 rear toe, 5 LSD decel and higher front ride height... one man's loose is another man's tight :lol:

In all seriousness, rear toe is a killer of lap times. The more you use it to control entry oversteer the more exit understeer it creates. It kills your exit speed and thus your lap times... There are better ways to more accurately manage oversteer, such as ride height or LSD decel or LSD accel.

Last edited:
My tune has 0 rear toe, 5 LSD decel and higher front ride height... one man's loose is another man's tight :lol:

In all seriousness, rear toe is a killer of lap times. The more you use it to control entry oversteer the more exit understeer it creates. It kills your exit speed and thus your lap times... There are better ways to more accurately manage oversteer, such as ride height or LSD decel or LSD accel.
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. To be honest I still dont know much about the ride height values and their properties...

In all seriousness, rear toe is a killer of lap times. The more you use it to control entry oversteer the more exit understeer it creates.ills your exit speed and thus your lap times... There are better ways to more accurately manage oversteer, such as ride height or LSD Decel.

My apologies for pointing people in the wrong direction with my tune then. :guilty: I've never claimed to have all the answers when it comes to tuning or even claimed to know what I'm talking about. I only tune in the way that it suits me and how I like the car to feel. You know, this is why I stopped posting tunes because every time I do, people come around and more or less tell me I'm wrong in my tuning, which is totally fine, I never claimed to be right in the first place. :lol: I'm not saying you're wrong, because you are probably right. I just don't want to steer people in the wrong direction or misinform them by posting my tune and have them think my theories/numbers are correct. And its not about me not being able to take constructive criticism. That doesn't bother me one bit. Its when people like you come by and basically tell me my numbers are wrong. (rear toe is a killer of lap times. The more you use it to control entry oversteer the more exit understeer it creates.ills your exit speed and thus your lap times... There are better ways to more accurately manage oversteer, such as ride height or LSD Decel) If that's the case and I am leading people astray, then I understand and sincerely apologize. So again, please understand what I am saying here. I just don't want to continue posting my tunes if my numbers are wrong/misleading or if there is a better way of doing things. I just don't want to create confusion. That's why I said before that I should just leave the tuning to people like you and the other aliens. I mean, after all, one can't argue with you're TT records and success. So again, I profusely and sincerely apologize for the listing of my tune here. :guilty: :( I in no way meant to steer people in the wrong direction as far as the right way to tune a car. I am very, very sorry for this and meant no harm. :ill: :(

@NixxxoN Yea, don't listen to me, I don't have a clue. :guilty: Do what Stotty says, he's the expert. 👍

Last edited:
@GTP_CargoRatt excellent tune my friend :) I tried to make a fast tune the first day but it was only good enough for 34,2, way off the pace and honestly I was really trying, must have messed up something really bad in the cars settings. After that I gave up but then saw your tune and decided to try one more time. Didn't take me more than an hour and I improved to 32,7 :) Usually I would change a few things if I would use a tune from someone else, but this time there was no need for that. Car produces just the right amount of oversteer without losing the grip. Somebody with better control on the exits would easily go in the low 32s with this tune.

My run at the 32s is over. My Playstee just died. Locked up on here, RBR twice today. Second time it started screaming at me, and then after a restart the screen says, "Cannot start. The appropriate system storage was not found."

Poop. Lotta work, 100% golds, Platinum trophy, etc... bye bye.

I think a few more beers are in order this evening.

My apologies for pointing people in the wrong direction with my tune then. :guilty: I've never claimed to have all the answers when it comes to tuning or even claimed to know what I'm talking about. I only tune in the way that it suits me and how I like the car to feel. You know, this is why I stopped posting tunes because every time I do, people come around and more or less tell me I'm wrong in my tuning, which is totally fine, I never claimed to be right in the first place. :lol: I'm not saying you're wrong, because you are probably right. I just don't want to steer people in the wrong direction or misinform them by posting my tune and have them think my theories/numbers are correct. And its not about me not being able to take constructive criticism. That doesn't bother me one bit. Its when people like you come by and basically tell me my numbers are wrong. (rear toe is a killer of lap times. The more you use it to control entry oversteer the more exit understeer it creates.ills your exit speed and thus your lap times... There are better ways to more accurately manage oversteer, such as ride height or LSD Decel) If that's the case and I am leading people astray, then I understand and sincerely apologize. So again, please understand what I am saying here. I just don't want to continue posting my tunes if my numbers are wrong/misleading or if there is a better way of doing things. I just don't want to create confusion. That's why I said before that I should just leave the tuning to people like you and the other aliens. I mean, after all, one can't argue with you're TT records and success. So again, I profusely and sincerely apologize for the listing of my tune here. :guilty: :( I in no way meant to steer people in the wrong direction as far as the right way to tune a car. I am very, very sorry for this and meant no harm. :ill: :(

@NixxxoN Yea, don't listen to me, I don't have a clue. :guilty: Do what Stotty says, he's the expert. 👍
Cargo, take it easy mate, no one is having a go at you. Just people offering their opinions, which, sometime will differ from yours, and others. Crikey, I usually swap some of your tune for another.
You have put out some excellent tunes recently, just check the comments about them. But, all tuners have their own way to tune, just check out the tunes online and you'll sometimes wonder if people are tuning for the same car, ie, one mans poison is another mans wine.
Go with the roll Cargo, stay cool mate.

Last edited:
Cargo, take it easy mate, no one is having a go at you. Just people offering their opinions, which, sometime will differ from yours, and others. Crikey, I usually swap some of your tune for another.
You have put out some excellent tunes recently, just check the comments about them. But, all tuners have their own way to tune, just check out the tunes online and you'll sometimes wonder if people are tuning for the same car, ie, one mans poison is another mans wine.
Go with the role Cargo, stay cool mate.

I didn't take it like he was having a go at me. But, since he is stating, the part that I bolded, like his way is fact.....then it must be since he is far more successful than me and I must be doing things wrong. I just don't want to steer people in the wrong direction when it comes to tuning, that's all. Right or wrong, I only do what works for me. In all honesty though, I have tried his way and I have found my way to be faster, for me. But again, who I am to tell an expert and alien that I disagree with him. Its just better to take it as he is right and I have been doing things wrong. You see what I'm trying to say here? I get having an opinion and all that, but the way he stated it is like I am totally wrong. If that is the case and I have been wrong all this time and misguiding people with my tuning, then I deeply apologize. I mean, that's the last thing we need around here is more confusion about tuning. Its just better to let the experts/aliens/experienced/knowledgeable people give out the information as opposed to someone like me who just flies by the seat of their pants. I'm not trying to put myself down here, but how can you argue with someone of his status. When he speaks, people should listen. He's been there, I haven't. I don't know anymore. I want to help people and enjoy doing it, but if I am misguiding people, why should I continue. I am just really confused right now. People tell me my tunes are good but then someone comes along with much more knowledge, skill, and experience than me and states my way is wrong. Not directly of course, but what he did say was enough to conclude it was my numbers he was referring to. I don't know what else to say or make of it, think I'll just go to bed. G-nite.

Back