550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
McLaren MP4-12C '10

Link here

This tune is good for a 1.36 or 1.37 in the new 550PP SH seasonal. It is also in this months Car of the Month by @Bowtie-muscle

Enjoy :)

mp412cshimg1-jpg.226846

Oh man, the day that @SW__10 just stop sharing his tunes a bunch of people here will be like... screwed :ouch:

Me included, but shhh... Don't tell people out there. :dopey:

And that's why I chose to tune my own cars. Back in the day, way back in the first few months of GT5, I remember asking people to tune a car for me and sometimes I would be waiting longer than I really wanted too. I mean, I'm sure the reasons for the delays were legit, I am just an impatient person. :guilty: So that's why I started learning the ins and outs of tuning a long time ago, not to mention I love the challenge of tuning cars anyway now. Plus, I am my own best tuner. ;)

And that's why I chose to tune my own cars. Back in the day, way back in the first few months of GT5, I remember asking people to tune a car for me and sometimes I would be waiting longer than I really wanted too. I mean, I'm sure the reasons for the delays were legit, I am just an impatient person. :guilty: So that's why I started learning the ins and outs of tuning a long time ago, not to mention I love the challenge of tuning cars anyway now. Plus, I am my own best tuner. ;)

I can only agree with you. I am trying to learn from some of the best tuners here, but I think that it'll take a lot of time for me to learn because:
  1. As tuning in game has nothing to do with tuning in real life, I am really at a loss when I try to make an approach.
  2. Some time ago, I dedicated time and effort trying to tune cars and then, some tuner came with a tune with really different numbers than mine and happen to be the magical solution that I was looking for. So, that frustrated me and made me give up.

You're right guys, thats why you can use my tuning :lol::lol:. Did a 1:33:723 for early rank 36, really fast for me!
Enjoy the video, tuning at the end:

Next Saturday I'll give a try to this new batch of events and I'll give a try to yours, as I always (try to*) do. I like to test different tunes to see which fit the best with my driving style. One thing that I like from yours is to see the video of the lap. I remember one (can't tell wich one) that made me smile when you finnished the lap and you raised your fist with sheer happiness, as I myself do when I manage a really good lap. That, somehow, connected me with you at that moment. :cheers:

*It's always a question of time as I don't have all the desired time to play.

For those that would like to create a tune on their own, try this out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-quick-tune-tunismo-app-now-available-for-ios.294825/

It is a tuning calculator by @oppositelock I have used this myself a time or two a while back and I can tell you that it is an excellent program. If you take the time to read the instructions, it is really easy to use. It won't produce that magic tune you're looking for, but it will produce an excellent competitive tune. You really don't even have to have that much knowledge about how to tune a car to be able to use this program. If your car is loose, then simply make the necessary adjustments in the instructions to help cure the problem. Same goes for a tight handling car, simply make the adjustments to the program to help loosen up the car. Like I said, I have used this program a few times before when I got stuck on a few cars and it has always produced excellent results. As an experienced tuner, I fully endorse this program and urge everyone here that depends on other people for tunes to give it a try. And if you're worried about how long it may take, once you learn how to use the program, a competitive tune can be produced in minutes, less than 15. To be quite honest, there is no excuse for anyone to wait around for a tune when there is a program like this that can, at the very least, get you a really nice base tune. The time it takes for some of you to wait around for a tune or try tuning on your own, you could have a competitive tune in half the time with this. Now, I'm not trying to take anything away from the fine people here that share their excellent tunes, I'm one of them :eek:, all I'm saying is that instead of waiting if you are the impatient type, you may want to give this a try, you might surprise yourself with what you are able to come up with. Thanks for reading and stay fast everyone. :cheers:

McLaren MP4-12C '10

Link here

This tune is good for a 1.36 or 1.37 in the new 550PP SH seasonal. It is also in this months Car of the Month by @Bowtie-muscle

Enjoy :)

mp412cshimg1-jpg.226846
Thanks for that. I'll try it if i can't get much faster with the GT-40 MkI. I thought you were going to friend me on PSN? My name is bluesmanbwd with the 15th anniversary helmet avatar. :)

BTW, forgot to say while I was here before, thanks for sending me the memo that the top guys are now using the NSX. :boggled: I left last night in 4th place and come back today pushed back well into the 100's, what the heck guys. :confused: :lol: Someone could have told me I was using the wrong damn car. :lol: Here I was thinking I was getting somewhere, now I got to do it all over again. :crazy: :lol: No worries though, already working my way back up the leaderboard with the NSX. :mischievous: I like that car better anyways. :P Alright, just having some fun with you guys....gotta get back at it now. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

Alright, after switching and tuning the NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car, got myself down to 1'33.493 for 29th atm. I'm a little over half a second behind @SW__10 atm. I'm leaving about .300 out on the first corner alone with another .300 being left out on the left, left, right section so I know if I can just string a decent lap together, I can at least catch him. But then again, he's probably not even gave it an honest effort yet. :scared:

Love this track so couldn't resist a quick go with the NSX... managed a 1'33.202 for 17th or something like that.

Once I find a tune that doesn't bite my head off at the slightest hint of throttle, I might just give this another try :lol:

I made a 1:35,956 with the Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car, but then I tried the Ferrari GTO '84 and that car is incredibly fast (using Praiano's Tune), I could catch all the guys from my friends-list, but I have a Problem:
I can't get the car through the quick bends, especially the last 2 left-benders, because the car is just sliding.
It is a mixture of oversteer and sliding out of the bend.
Does anybody know which screws I could turn to get rid of this oversteer-slide and can also drive fast Corners fast?
Thanks a lot!

For those that would like to create a tune on their own, try this out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-quick-tune-tunismo-app-now-available-for-ios.294825/

It is a tuning calculator by @oppositelock I have used this myself a time or two a while back and I can tell you that it is an excellent program. If you take the time to read the instructions, it is really easy to use. It won't produce that magic tune you're looking for, but it will produce an excellent competitive tune. You really don't even have to have that much knowledge about how to tune a car to be able to use this program. If your car is loose, then simply make the necessary adjustments in the instructions to help cure the problem. Same goes for a tight handling car, simply make the adjustments to the program to help loosen up the car. Like I said, I have used this program a few times before when I got stuck on a few cars and it has always produced excellent results. As an experienced tuner, I fully endorse this program and urge everyone here that depends on other people for tunes to give it a try. And if you're worried about how long it may take, once you learn how to use the program, a competitive tune can be produced in minutes, less than 15. To be quite honest, there is no excuse for anyone to wait around for a tune when there is a program like this that can, at the very least, get you a really nice base tune. The time it takes for some of you to wait around for a tune or try tuning on your own, you could have a competitive tune in half the time with this. Now, I'm not trying to take anything away from the fine people here that share their excellent tunes, I'm one of them :eek:, all I'm saying is that instead of waiting if you are the impatient type, you may want to give this a try, you might surprise yourself with what you are able to come up with. Thanks for reading and stay fast everyone. :cheers:

Sounds good! I took a quick look and it's also available in .xls format. If it was only available in iOS format it wouldn't work for me.

When I'll get home after work, I'll read carefully the whole thing. Many thanks in advance! It seems to be an easy tool for us, the beginners.

I'll Be back doing this one, and the other next Tuesday as i am away from my main PS3, until then i just have stick with the 12 Gig PS3 for the moment.

BTW, forgot to say while I was here before, thanks for sending me the memo that the top guys are now using the NSX. :boggled: I left last night in 4th place and come back today pushed back well into the 100's, what the heck guys. :confused: :lol: Someone could have told me I was using the wrong damn car. :lol:

It was mentioned in dispatches,post #17 :D

Thanks for posting the tune, will try that later.

Good job on the lap time 👍

Alright, think I'm going to call it a night, pretty tired right now. After some final tweaking to my tune, I'm down to:

1'33.359
20th place

Good-nite and talk to everyone tomorrow. Stay fast...I'm out. :cheers:

Mitch
Say, there's a guy or girl right below you in 28th driving a GT-40 Mark I like me. But i can only do 1:38.904 i believe. Dang it! I guess I'm gonna break down and buy an NSX. Although i know a new car won't make me faster. :/

Not sure if this is a new creation or not, but I really like the look of this as a way of presenting a tune. Well done sir. :cheers:👍👍

Thanks Johnny, appreciate the compliment. 👍 And yea, its just something I came up with at the spur of the moment last night using the new way of taking pictures of the cars as a base. I used Photoshop and it didn't take long at all to create. Thanks again for the kind words. :cheers:

1.33.852 with a shockin final two corners... Now if only i could replicate the start i had id be getting somewhere... 🤬 Must have contracted this alienism for a whole 30 seconds.... Now im just plain old me again :banghead:

Sounds good! I took a quick look and it's also available in .xls format. If it was only available in iOS format it wouldn't work for me.

When I'll get home after work, I'll read carefully the whole thing. Many thanks in advance! It seems to be an easy tool for us, the beginners.

You're welcome. 👍 And like I said before, I'm not trying to make this a substitute for the great tunes that come from people like @SW__10 and such, but it will certainly help get you going until such people list their tunes. :cheers:

Back