550PP 2WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 295 comments
Gave it another go after work, managed 1'32.826 for 13th at the time 👍

Lost a lot in T3 though, having to make lots of minor corrections in the car which isn't really my style...

Hey, I don't wanna hear no excuses from any D1 Gold driver....none. :lol: I've seen you tear up the field in the WRS TT events so come on, do the WRS proud. :) Seriously though, great lap time and great to see you here, well done. :bowdown:

I did a few laps with a tuned El Camino. At over 610bhp and around 1200kg, it flew down the straights, but also meant it was wheelspinning well beyond 100mph. It also got murdered on the corners and I came right down the bottom of my friend's list in the NSXs and 2020 Vision GTs, but I didn't care, it was fun powersliding out of every corner. Only made gold by a couple of seconds though.

Think I'll try another pick up or muscle car, might give the Cuda and F-150 a go.

HondaNSX-Rfinal_zps855b5671.jpg

1'33.359
20th place

Good to see you back in the saddle mate, another great tune making me look good again stewy. :cheers::cheers:

Thanks Johnny, appreciate the compliment. 👍 And yea, its just something I came up with at the spur of the moment last night using the new way of taking pictures of the cars as a base. I used Photoshop and it didn't take long at all to create. Thanks again for the kind words. :cheers:
I really hope this catches on. Clear, clean and concise. Really the perfect way to present a tune.

I really hope this catches on. Clear, clean and concise. Really the perfect way to present a tune.

Thank you, really appreciate the positive input. 👍 Maybe I better put my copyright on that format then. :P I do myself like the way it turned out as well and will continue to stick with that format. Glad you guys like it and are finding the tune helpful as well, really motivates me to continue on, on this path. :)

@Stewyripper Thanks mate, its good to be back in a positive manner. Without going too far off topic, just let me say that having a personal therapist in my life now really helps. 👍

Just noticed the likes on my tune and I must say I am genuinely blown away at the number of people that like it. As I said before, that really motivates me to carry on and keep posting my tunes here. The joy it brings me to see that my work here helps so many people far out weighs the few detractors here who seems to find it funny to continually tear me down/belittle me. Its great to know that I am surrounded by such a great group of people like yourselves. :bowdown: This is what I love doing and I'm here to stay, my detractors will just have to live with that fact. :) Good luck everyone, keep pushing and stay fast.....appreciate you all. :cheers:

Well I'm having fun with this - I may be well off the top 10 where some of you guys are, but I'm a lot further up the 1000's than usual. When the PS3 fired up I was still in my Esprit Sport 350 - Gold on 2nd lap & got it down to 1:38.510 with pretty much standard suspension & gears in a couple of laps. Checked the rankings & jumped in my NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car to shave off a chunk down to 1:37.076 so now to try a tune on the NSX-R to see if I can improve a bit more :-)

Enjoying this, easier to Gold than most seasonals but having a blast taking underdogs around. Golded it first in my VX220 tuned to 520PP for the British Lightweights thing last week, then tried an unmodified Spyker C8 at 526PP, managed a 1:41.397. Hard work reining that one in but rewarding. Going to work my way up from there now, pretty sure I'll do ok with something at 550PP with racing brakes, at least :)

Last edited:
Yep. You're 5th, I'm 6th fastest in the US at the moment. We're doing alright.

5th, really? Wow, I didn't even think to look at it that way. :) Too bad I couldn't pull these numbers during the Academy. :boggled: Ah well, perhaps maybe this next year my dream will turn into reality. :dopey: At any rate, getting ready to give this one another go here shortly...stay fast my friend. :cheers:

@Sidebrowns Thanks my Michigan neighbor, appreciate the kind words and show of support. Its an honor to have friends like you that are willing to help and support me through the rough times. :bowdown: Stay fast mate and hope you reach your goals here in this event. :cheers:

HondaNSX-Rfinal_zps855b5671.jpg

1'33.359
20th place
Thanks for that Cargo, I'll buy one next time I fire up here.

I wrote that last night but it seems I forgot to post it. Boys are playing at the moment so can't even see what time I got when I did some laps. Had forgotten all about this track.
Think I was about 2 sec's or so off your time, oh well, check after.

I nominate this for Best Way of Posting a Tune. Nice job. (Haven't tried the tune yet.)

Thank you, appreciate the positive input. I will keep posting my tunes in this format from now on. 👍 I have also put a copyright on the format. :P

On another positive note, I was just up on my ghost by about .300 until I lost it all on the last few corners. Damn it. I say positive because now that I have done it once, I know I can do it again.....just got a bit conservative when I seen the gap I was opening up. Ah well, back at it. :)

@Dalone You're welcome and good luck to you, hope you do well friend. 👍

Glad to have you back :) and I just got gold with your tune :bowdown: Love the way you posted your tune 👍 It's really cool :cool: From one Michigander to another :cheers:

Thank you, much appreciated my kind friend. 👍 :)

All these kind and positive words almost makes me want to re-start my garage again. :) Plus, I like working in Photoshop and creating these projects. So yea, think that's what I'll do. :) Thanks guys, you all are truly great inspirations. :bowdown:

Thanks hall, appreciate it. I like creating these in Photoshop and beings I got a whole garage of tuned cars not published, looks like I have a lot of fun work ahead of me in re-opening my garage...."The Ratts Nest" :)

Sounds like fun, and good to hear you're getting back into publishing your tunes. I tried the NSX tune. Working great for me so far. Between the tune and getting to know the track better, I was able to climb to 8th (1:32.5). Thanks much for posting it.

Sounds like fun, and good to hear you're getting back into publishing your tunes. I tried the NSX tune. Working great for me so far. Between the tune and getting to know the track better, I was able to climb to 8th (1:32.5). Thanks much for posting it.

Wow!!! Great to hear you are doing so well with it. :bowdown: It really makes me feel good when one of the greats like yourself chooses to use one of my tunes and is successful with it. You are very much welcome and it is a real honor to have you use my tune.

And this goes to everyone else as well. Thank you all so much for at least giving my tune a try. I am very happy to hear that it is helping so many of you. Keep up the great work, you guys are awesome. :bowdown:

EDIT: Alright, after falling back to 40th during the day, managed to work myself back to 29th with a new time of 1'33.131. Be back at it again tomorrow. 👍 Congrats to everyone on their improvements throughout the day and to those who haven't improved..... keep at it, your persistence will be rewarded....don't give up. :) G-nite friends, talk to you all again tomorrow, I'm out. :cheers:

Last edited:
Wow!!! Great to hear you are doing so well with it. :bowdown: It really makes me feel good when one of the greats like yourself chooses to use one of my tunes and is successful with it. You are very much welcome and it is a real honor to have you use my tune.

And this goes to everyone else as well. Thank you all so much for at least giving my tune a try. I am very happy to hear that it is helping so many of you. Keep up the great work, you guys are awesome. :bowdown:

EDIT: Alright, after falling back to 40th during the day, managed to work myself back to 29th with a new time of 1'33.131. Be back at it again tomorrow. 👍 Congrats to everyone on their improvements throughout the day and to those who haven't improved..... keep at it, your persistence will be rewarded....don't give up. :) G-nite friends, talk to you all again tomorrow, I'm out. :cheers:
Your tune is awesome,even me can drive a 1:35,thx for your great tune

Fun car but on this types just horrible to drive!!! It just slides everywhere!!

I'm .34.573, I can bat under .34 for sure, but the SE team is putting
1. Amazingly God car on a bad track Subaru concept on this awful track)
2. Amazing good car on a bad tyres but on a fantastic track (this one)!!

I dust drive like one concept with slicks on it where you can push the car and your self to the limits!!!

EDIT:
.34.159! But still a big fight with the handling tho!!

EDIT:
.33.076! I've to more breve in the middle
Sector and in the last two chicanes bit!!

EDIT:
.39.996!! Damn it!!! I was quicker -.0201 in the last two sectors but loose it all almost grrrrr

Last edited:
Back