600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
I think I figured out what is wrong with the score sheet and why it is not possible to use the filters and such. I will try to fix tonight. Please be patient. When I get this thing sorted out, it will be worth a sticky post for all GTP to use for competitions.

Thanks to the Silver Surfer for helping me test.
-Bill 'MadMyk' Gates :crazy:

Okay just added another set of 5 road course times to my listing here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5767468#post5767468

Will test the remaining 3 cars in a few minutes. Look for my "Phantom" to go off share briefly in the next hour or so as I set my "official" road course time with it.

@Dr_Slump hey Doc you need to put your GT-R back on share so we can test it. I only have your car and mine left to run the road course, then its off to the speedway!

Last edited:
Updated my results with Desperado, CSLACR, ASCR421 and brave bear's cars.

Desperado's Cien Concept kicked off today's session and I was wondering if I shouldn't have chosen something a little easier, but it snapped me into concentration mode pretty quickly. Holy smokes this car is FAST! Fastest one yet I think, getting over 200mph on the straight! Tricky to drive, but finally put together an okay lap with it. Cool car and best paint job:)

Sorry for the rude awakening...but I did warn everyone it was a handful.:crazy:
Glad you liked it and wait till you get it on the speedway!đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
If I could have gotten the rear end to stay where it belongs a bit better I don't think anything could have touched it. That said I doubt it will ever be anything less than a handful to drive as its just to quick for its own good.

I have the "Phantom" back on share Docs car is the only one I haven't been able to test on the road course yet.

Will start on the speedway tomorrow morning after I get home from work.

Going to catch a nap now before taking off on my nightly route.

As Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Mine needs to be linked up. :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5815244#post5815244

Updated with a half dozen more and should be done with initials tomorrow night. đź‘Ť
Sorry, missed it, didn't even know it was up. :lol:

Food for thought guys, I know we're running R2's, but I'm currently at a best lap of 1:28.713 in a stock Yellowhat GTR, with 610PP on racing hard tires online, and 1:27.7xx with an almost stock Z06 RM at 631PP on racing hard tires online, so in any case, I think these cars are really doing well to hold their own.

Sorry, missed it, didn't even know it was up. :lol:

Food for thought guys, I know we're running R2's, but I'm currently at a best lap of 1:28.713 in a stock Yellowhat GTR, with 610PP on racing hard tires online, and 1:27.7xx with an almost stock Z06 RM at 631PP on racing hard tires online, so in any case, I think these cars are really doing well to hold their own.
Give me the extra 10PP and the "Phantom" will definitely be under 1:28 as I could add more rear downforce to make it much more controllable and predictable. Give me the extra 30PP and it should smoke the Z06 easy.:D:crazy::bowdown::gtpflag:

Give me the extra 10PP and the "Phantom" will definitely be under 1:28 as I could add more rear downforce to make it much more controllable and predictable. Give me the extra 30PP and it should smoke the Z06 easy.:D:crazy::bowdown::gtpflag:

Give me the extra 30 and I'll still make you understeer into a wall. :D:lol:

Give me the extra 30 and I'll still make you understeer into a wall. :D:lol:
Understeer! Where? Maybe a tiny bit at top speed on the oval...otherwise its much more likely to lose its rear end.
10PP should be enough to raise the rear downforce to 15 and with a very minor adjustment to rear springs make it much more stable for cornering at all speeds except the very slowest where you would still need to really watch the throttle on exit.
With 30 I would probably up the rear downforce to around 20-25 and add some more power to really scare people with.:D:crazy:
Can't remember if it can be lightened but if so that would come before power to try and help cornering.

Last edited:
Understeer! Where? Maybe a tiny bit at top speed on the oval...otherwise its much more likely to lose its rear end.
10PP should be enough to raise the rear downforce to 15 and with a very minor adjustment to rear springs make it much more stable for cornering at all speeds except the very slowest where you would still need to really watch the throttle on exit.
With 30 I would probably up the rear downforce to around 20-25 and add some more power to really scare people with.:D:crazy:
Can't remember if it can be lightened but if so that would come before power to try and help cornering.
Easy fellas, they are online times with R1's, after all.
I am interested to see how these would fair online on R1's now though, at the least it seems the fastest ones might have a shot, I might give a go at it sometime, just not in the next three days. :lol:

Give me a shout next time you do something like this, would love to give it a go with my own submission as well as try out everyone else's cars :D

Carlos Fandango
Give me a shout next time you do something like this, would love to give it a go with my own submission as well as try out everyone else's cars :D

Can he still enter as a tester?

Man this looks so fun wish I had put off surgery. Would have enjoyed going around my "home track" but seat time is real limited for the next couple weeks:boo:

Indy

Man this looks so fun wish I had put off surgery. Would have enjoyed going around my "home track" but seat time is real limited for the next couple weeks:boo:

Indy
Hope you make a quick recovery and we see you back driving soon!
Good luck and best wishes mon.

Indy Racerfan

Indy

I'll keep mine up on share for a while so you can have a go once you feel up to it. đź‘Ť Looking forward to having you back for the next run. :)

Hey gang, I am looking for testers for the new and improved 600PP Indy Test Results file. I am mostly interested in knowing if the Tuner Times tab works. Please let me know if there are any issues. đź‘Ť

There are 3 main tabs:
Tester Times - sorted by Tester name and used for data entry. Scroll down to see your results.
Tuner Times - View times by Tuner name. At the top in yellow, click in the cell B1. You should see an arrow you can click to select a tuner name. Choose a name and see all times from the Testers so far.
Overall Results - Shows the results so far. You will only see an Average Total time when the number of submitted times is the same for the Road Course and the Speedway. The Ranking is available for each track but it will not be accurate unless the number of submitted times is the same for everyone.

CSLACR_Shootout classification only with testers who have finished their driving session.

CSLACR: oval /road / complete

Zerospeed: oval(need dylan time only) /road / complete

praiano: oval /road / complete

bigberry: oval /road / complete

CyKosis: oval /road / complete

cslacrshhhh.jpg

Last edited:
Hey gang, I am looking for testers for the new and improved 600PP Indy Test Results file. I am mostly interested in knowing if the Tuner Times tab works. Please let me know if there are any issues. đź‘Ť

There are 3 main tabs:
Tester Times - sorted by Tester name and used for data entry. Scroll down to see your results.
Tuner Times - View times by Tuner name. At the top in yellow, click in the cell B1. You should see an arrow you can click to select a tuner name. Choose a name and see all times from the Testers so far.
Overall Results - Shows the results so far. You will only see an Average Total time when the number of submitted times is the same for the Road Course and the Speedway. The Ranking is available for each track but it will not be accurate unless the number of submitted times is the same for everyone.
Sorry, still not able to sort it at all, tried clicking on everything.

Now i can see the arrow but nothing happen when i click on it... Can't filter anything. If you have a mail adress i send you my excel file.

đź‘Ť:)

Well you should not need to sort anything anymore. The Tester Times tab is sorted by Tester name, which is the way we need it to enter the times. Make sure you can edit this tab and still enter times. No one else should be able to enter times but you and me.

The key is the Tuner Times tab. Everyone should be able to click in the yellow cell, see the downward arrow on the right side, click on it and see a list of Tuner names. Selecting a name should show that person's times.

With this new tab, there is no need to sort the Tester Times by the Tuner name to see results that way.

The Tabs are shown at the bottom of the page.

Back