600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Blluuuuuuurggh!! Wash your mouth out Sir!! It most certainly isn't a Ferrari. That being said, I have disappointed myself by digging around in the Mercedes garage ... I feel a bit dirty now. Wasted a bunch of time on a Tamora, and I'm currently thinking I might waste some time on an Alfa ... Jeez, now I really do need a shower, Ferrari, Mercedes and Alfa, all in one paragraph :yuck:

{Cy}

EDIT --

Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo, Lambo ... Lambo...
5 more cars, forgot two, we'll see which likes me best.

Right, I've now fully broken in my Murc with a Laguna 200 race, and after the oil change I gave it to boost up its power again it's actually gone to 601. So I think the point you wanna be at depends on what parts you gave the car, since I gave the Murc both Window Weight Reduction and a Carbon Bonnet, which don't really affect the PP so mayb they both had something to do with it. I don't fully know though.

Good morning everybody. One important point i forgot to say, i've tested my 3 fastest cars with and without chassis reinforcement.

-Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

-FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09

-Audi Le Mans

Are +- 0"800 second faster without the chassis reinforcement and exactly the same settings.

If this can help anybody ,you can test yourself, i think it'll work for any driving style. This only reinforce everyday more and more, my convictions about this point.

Have a good day.

sany0025x.jpg

Worked on a tune and managed to get the Murc down to 51.237 on Superspeedway with TCS 1, ABS 1 and Sensitivity 0. Have to get the gearing good though for the fastest time, which is a lot harder than it seems, though I've made the 5th gear on my car short to assist acceleration when I need it (which is a lot of the time). Haven't tested setup on the Road Course yet but if I can beat 1:31 I'll know I'm doing good with it.

I'm kinda pissed that I won't be doing this shoot out cause I had a doozy of an opening, So someone choose the track at a later date so I can go all cranial on you guys:sly: the history and name of IMS. hence my tag Name. I'll keep an eye one the progress. and to the Test drivers, cause these cars aren't racers use the Middle line into the corners, unless the car turns on a dime then "Mario's" line(white line) is what you want to use(500 layout).

Good Luck to all

Indy

Indy

Message to all tUNERS, please send me a friend request when you can if you want me to test your car.
Thanks

EDIT:
I have found my car, this car was used in RVR's 525pp Shootout. With stock everything, apart from bolt ons I added. Set the fasted time on superspeedway and 2nd fastest time on Road Course out of the cars I've tested so far. :D

Last edited:
^ Gallardo.

Disappointed, I finally found the XJ220 last night, comes with 20 front downforce. :(
But I now have three cars within 3 tenths of each other.
One interesting thing to note, I tried the RX-7, ran pretty competitively with my first few cars despite only being at 581 PP.

Last edited:
Im currently testing a 430 Scuderia. Ive ran out of credits and I cant grind seasonals as the servers are/were down.

Im down to 403 cr :D

I also tried a few that were a bit short on PP, though most just didn't work out well. The LFA was that best of the lot, to my surprise, and I have agonized about trying to tame this somewhat difficult car or tweaking something more civilized for my for go at this side of the business.

bigberry
Im currently testing a 430 Scuderia. Ive ran out of credits and I cant grind seasonals as the servers are/were down.

Im down to 403 cr :D

I'd send you one but... :D

^ Gallardo.

Disappointed, I finally found the XJ220 last night, comes with 20 front downforce. :(
One interesting thing to note, I tried the RX-7, ran pretty competitively with my first few cars despite only being at 581 PP.
Thank you CSLACR from uselessly wasting my time, and 🤬 PD for not showing it when a car has non adjustable downforce. Just got back from an extra long day of work (extra 600 deliveries this morning) and was going to spend time on the XJR220. Ran by far my fastest lap on the oval with it last night despite it having a fairly low top speed because of how fast it was around the corners...now I know why. Didn't put an ugly wing on it so it showed as having no aero.:grumpy:

Oh well still have lots of cars to test.:D

The LFA was that best of the lot, to my surprise, and I have agonized about trying to tame this somewhat difficult car or tweaking something more civilized for my for go at this side of the business.

Of course! The LFA can't be fitted with downforce but it doesn't need it anyway! :D

Although yes, tuning one right is very hard :( And Katie's Pink Peril only reaches about 570PP :( And I'm still doing my fanfic, man. :(

C-ZETA
Of course! The LFA can't be fitted with downforce but it doesn't need it anyway! :D

Not with R2s anyway... :D Tried a few on S3s that could have used some industrial strength velcro on the tires. :lol:

Although yes, tuning one right is very hard :( And Katie's Pink Peril only reaches about 570PP :( And I'm still doing my fanfic, man. :(

I've definitely seen a bunch of folks complaining about how much of a handful it is to tune which makes me want to try anyway. But then, I also want to make sure I have something that everyone will be able to drive. Decisions, decisions... :banghead:

^ Gallardo.

Its not the Gallardo but it is Italian, it also hasnt been mentioned in this shootout yet. :sly:

My current times are: 0:50.2xx & 1:29.8xx this is still with stock LSD, Clutch, and flywheel and with only 597pp. There is still plenty of time to be made up on Road Course but it isn't exactly an easy car to drive.

As I already posted somewhere its the other white meat...urhm I mean C12!:lol:

I was testing the S7 ,it was 1'28" when i see that i was still with race soft...:crazy: With medium it did'nt sustain full speed in the fast right before the straight. But it's the faster car on the starting line.

I was testing the S7 ,it was 1'28" when i see that i was still with race soft...:crazy: With medium it did'nt sustain full speed in the fast right before the straight. But it's the faster car on the starting line.

I wanted to try the S7 but didnt have it.

I wanted to try the S7 but didnt have it.
I'll be testing an S7 tonight, thanks the Earlinder, I expect a mad speed demon with little grip out of corners.

I might just go with a crazy bastard over a quick car, sometimes crazy is more fun.

I want to try more cars but am running out of time. I also didn't get good testing done over the weekend or last night due to beer.

The S7 has potential. The C12S has a mountain of torque and may not be easy enough to control. Still looking for something clever. Hopefully tonight I will nail it down.

I want to try more cars but am running out of time. I also didn't get good testing done over the weekend or last night due to beer.

The S7 has potential. The C12S has a mountain of torque and may not be easy enough to control. Still looking for something clever. Hopefully tonight I will nail it down.
600PP Caterham!!!:crazy:

Oh wait you said easy to control.:lol:

Has anyone tried the Nardo yet? mine has engine stage 2 installed putting it @636pp :grumpy: but for comparison I limited it to like 76% lowered the downforce added a bunch of ballast used stock gearbox and it still ran like a bat out of 🤬

Last edited:
ACSR421
Has anyone tried the Nardo yet ? mine has engine stage 2 installed putting it @636pp:grumpy: but for comparison I limited it to like 76% lowered the downforce added a bunch of ballast used stock gearbox and it still ran like a bat out of:censored:

If I have one, and I think I do, I'll give it a shot. I'm a VAG fanboy so it would only be right. :)

Nardo has too much front downforce stock. Same with XJ220. On the other hand, I wish Pagani's would take a wing.

Back