600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Deep Forest Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 115 comments
I had another go with @krenkme's 'Heavy Metal' RAM. I removed a bit of ballast to leave 40Kg but more importantly changed the torque split back to 40/60. I'd had it on 30/70, presumably for some hoonery at some point, but this had a slippery rear. 40/60 gives it proper exit grip and I got 1:21.51x on the second lap.

Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 posted for Deep forested seasonal
I ran a 1:15.619 Good 194th and left a lot on the track cause I missed a couple turn ins and slide wide.
Now to try this Nissan....

Edit nope the Nissan needs more skill then I have to drive fast. It how ever is a great no cost option for gold in this one.

Last edited:
By far the quickest car I have driven on this event is the ZZII. If anyone wants to try out my tune for this car the link is below. It was tuned on SS tyres originally but works very well on SH tyres.

TommyKaira ZZII '00
it is the fastest I have tried so far,thanks you
tkzzii-jpg.129977

Are you and I the only ones that find this car faster? :boggled:
I find it faster much faster but my skill level is not high enough to control the car. The untunable nature of the car means that only a very few can get serious speed from it. If it could be tuned it would replace the ZZ II as the dominant 4wd car

Edit grammar and auto incorrect errors corrected

I find it faster much faster but my skill level is not high enough to control the car. The untunable nature of the car means that only a very few can get serious speed from it. If it could be tuned it would replace the ZZ II as the dominant 4wd car

Edit grammar and auto incorrect errors corrected
But the ZZII understeers like a pig no matter what setup you apply, so its just as bad imo.

But the ZZII understeers like a pig no matter what setup you apply, so its just as bad imo.
True enough but that can be compensated for much easier than the snap oversteer the 2020 gets on exit. This is how I deal with Understeer you brake eailer and power the turn through the apex. If your understeering with it (at least my tune) lifting will bring it back or a tap of brakes, Snap oversteer has no recovery for it starts to happen and each turn can have a different snap point.

See below for correct method to recover

Last edited:
True enough but that can be compensated for much easier than the snap oversteer the 2020 gets on exit. This is how I deal with Understeer you brake eailer and power the turn through the apex. If your understeering with it (at least my tune) lifting will bring it back or a tap of brakes, Snap oversteer has no recovery for it starts to happen and each turn can have a different snap point.
Countersteer?:P

I not big on tuning but if this helps....

ZZ11 '00

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Customised Wing B
Engine upgrade 3
Height Adjustable Suspension Kit
Racing Brake Kit
Wheels Rays TE37SL

Ride Height 76/74
Spring Rate 7.01/8.07
Dampers (COm) 4/5
Dampers (Ext) 4/4
Anti Roll Bars 2/3
Camber 0/0
Toe -0.04/0.026

Transmission default, Just changed individual gears.
1. 3.377
2. 2.270
3. 1.670
4. 1.276
5. 1.000
6 0.800

Final Gear 4.844

Drive Train

Front 5/15/7
Rear 7/15/9

Torque Diff 25/75

Downforce 150/257

Brakes 7/8

Power Limiter 85.7

I managed 1:16.3xx feel free to improve.
Thanks for sharing!

What's the best time someone got with the Nismo R35? I managed 1:15.828 just now with an old tune from the first event with this car at the Indianapolis track (forgot whose tune it is). I'm usually about 2 seconds slower than #1, so I assume with a tune suiting this track and one of the top drivers this could be as fast as the ZZ or maybe a little slower.

well, i came here last summer to find a helpful tune for the HSV TT in Laguna, many players were sharing, this is always nice to find some help 👍

so here we go it's my time, setup for ZZII (1.13.8XX)

-no oil change, no rigidity, no wing (i have not tried with)
-full weight reduction, 83 kg ballast (1003kg) all to the rear
-turbo 3 then use the limiter for reach the 600PP (670HP if i remember)

AV ARR
height: 95 75 (yay ride like GT5, WTF podi? :confused: )
damper: 5.88 8.50
shock: 1 1
/ / : 1 1
A.R.B.: 5 5
camber: 0.0 0.0
toe: 0.00 -0.07
brakes racing (for the style :D): 3 3
downforce max: 150 350
torque: 28 72
LSD FR: 60/5/60
LSD RR: 5/40/5
gearbox: 220 speed, 6th to the right, final gear: 3000,
gears values: 1st: 3.944 2nd: 2772 3rd: 2.127 4th: 1.759 5th: 1.492 6th: 1.239

no active steering, just ABS 1

HF :)

(forgive my poor english:P )

edit: tune fixed

Last edited:
1:20.9 in the Nissan VGT and... done.

Don't think I'll be returning to this one. It's my first time with this track and it's just yuck. Bleh. No more.

wow my brain wtf? i usually remember the values better than that, i'll correct the tune sorry guys.

i tried the Nissan, well it was not fast at all until i discover the turbo boost :lol:
it works very well too, but i'll continue on the ZZII (if i can improve at least), i'd rather a "conventional" car.

it (this? OMG my english sucks) will be a close match between both cars.

Last edited:
i tried the Nissan, well it was not fast at all until i discover the turbo boost :lol:
it works very well too, but i'll continue on the ZZII (if i can improve at least), i'd rather a "conventional" car.

it (this? OMG my english sucks) will be a close match between both cars.
If only we could change the setup of the Nissan it would demolish the ZZII.:)

edit: I have done alot more time in the ZZII now (3 hours total) and I can see how it might be faster, but all I can muster with it is 1:14.0, and I see a perfect lap at 1:13.8
Then I took the VGT out and... well after 15 min, 1:13.4, still room for improvement!

Last edited:
I'm determined to do this with my RUF CTR2, and so far, it's not going well. :lol: This car doesn't drive well with a ton of horsepower and weight reduction on its stock suspension settings/LSD. At least not for me.

Those annoyingly absurd camber & toe settings need changing to 0/0, that would surely stop it from being so loose and snap happy.
We do need to have full tuning unlocked on the VGT cars and any other non tune-able cars, I just do not want to drive any cars that do not allow me to set the camber & toe to 0/0 myself. :yuck:

But anyway, I've just had half an hour run in the 'Nissan 2020 VGT' freshly retrieved from the stockyard and did a 1:14.755 so far .:). It can be plenty faster but those silly settings ruin the fun of driving it.

Well, I managed gold in my CTR2 by 0.06 seconds, after a lot of wonderful driving like this:

deep-forest-raceway-jpg.350721

(Perhaps I wouldn't've ended up in that wall if I'd been counter-steering harder?)

And, of course, getting airborne heading for turn 1 is a pain (among other places).

deep-forest-raceway_2-jpg.350726

But I pulled it off, so that's nice. Granted, it'd be nicer if my driving were less terrible, but whatever.

Attachments

• Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 392
  • Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg
    Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 390

edit: I have done alot more time in the ZZII now (3 hours total) and I can see how it might be faster, but all I can muster with it is 1:14.0, and I see a perfect lap at 1:13.8
Then I took the VGT out and... well after 15 min, 1:13.4, still room for improvement!

I am at 1:13.970 right now with the ZZ. Tried the 2020 but I don't know how on earth can you make it go that fast. And, having to push an extra button makes the driving annoying. So, I'll stick to the ZZ. I'm looking for that perfect lap that shave another tenth.

Not quite the same car,, but very similar - the GTR SpecV '09. It's a bit lighter @ 1400kg but much more hp @ 665 (600pp) - the '14 NISMO is at 571. So far posted a 1:16.841 (#1514 on the world board) and I know in the hands of a good to GR8 driver the car can go into the 15's, perhaps even into the 14's. Sure, I can hop in the ZZ just as most have,, but what's the fun in that? No way in heck I can run with the FAST guys even in the ZZ (ran a 1:14 and change at DeepForest offline track with same settings as the TT require and track set to real) so why not see what can be done in the "DARE TO BE DIFFERENT" class:cheers:. Gonna see what I can do with the 2020 Vision and have tried the Black Mask and Black Edition but unable to match the '09 SpecV so far. May as well try some of the other Skyline GTR's while I'm at it. As of this morning we see Perpi_subaru has slipped past the ZZ by .032 so it is possible to get around that car. 4 of the Top 10 drivers drove the 2020 Vision,, that's OUTSTANDING!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Are you and I the only ones that find this car faster? :boggled:

Nope. At first I wondered how on earth you managed to get it to be faster than the Tommy but I'd made a couple of stupid mistakes. Firstly I'd added ballast to get the PP down (as if it's not heavy enough already) and I'd forgotten about the boost. Once I'd sorted that out I easily matched my best time in the ZZ11. AS gave me another half a second, down to 14.9 and P145. I expect to drop down the rankings dramatically once everyone else gets on the bandwaggon.
Also, to save all that tedious button-pressing, I've put a cable-tie round the boost button.

One question - I can't work out the best shifting point. Is it faster taking it to the red line or short-shifting?

yes, the ZZII understeers as hell, to much to be naturally fast (50-50 weight distribution and rear mid engine, how the hell can it be so annoying to drive? :confused: )
but the holy acceleration makes it fast, maybe try more agressive tune?

13.4 is already fast 👍

Back