600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Deep Forest Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 115 comments
I decided to give the Nissan VGT a try, though without taping the KERS button down. Since tuning doesn't really seem to be an option, I just lowered the power to get it to 600 PP, rather than using ballast.

Best time I got in the CTR2 was 1:21.960. My third full lap with the VGT, I got a 1:19.696.

I noticed that it drifts very easily, and I'm really, really bad at drifting (or counter-steering at all, for that matter). My best lap time actually involved pushing it into a bit of a slide.

So that was interesting. I'd still be curious what some of you sub-1:16 drivers could do with the CTR2 at 600 PP, though. I know it's capable of a lot better than I got out of it.

Had a go in the 2020 last night but I really don't like the handling of this car and I can't go quicker than my time set with the ZZ11. Will keep trying with the ZZ11 to reach the 14s.

Presently at a 1:15.073 with the ZII (DS3,ABS1).

With Shaunm80's tune, had achieved 1:17:221
With Singine's tune, achieved 1:16:893.
With Otaliema's tune, have now achieved 1:16:116 (804th rank)

As of now, happy being in the top 1000!

I would seriously suggest you try Dart_Field's tune. I was in the 1:16's until I did. Lost a second in quick time.

See my post #72.

I would seriously suggest you try Dart_Field's tune. I was in the 1:16's until I did. Lost a second in quick time.

See my post #72.

I had tried his tune as well but couldn't post a clean lap at all.

Hence, didn't post a time for his tune but will give another shot as per your advice!

As anticipated, I couldn't improve with Dart Field's tune. His tune didn't suit my driving style.

So I went back to Otaliema's tune & played with the ballast position & voila, I improved.

Now my time is 1:15:401 for 312th position!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Oh yes, 1:14,865 :D

Now I can start with GT Academy like most of you must have done already.
Some impressive times on my friend leader board already.

Success everyone :cheers:

Congratulations.

You must be in the top 100/150?

I already have golded in the GT Academy session but have enjoyed the Deep Forest TT more. The 1st section is so awesome where the corners keep flowing into esses right upto the tunnel.

Will continue to play this TT.

With Shaunm80's tune, had achieved 1:17:221
With Singine's tune, achieved 1:16:893.
With Otaliema's tune, have now achieved 1:16:116 (804th rank)
I tried @shaunm80's tune for the ZZII also and beat my time with the Nissan VGT, but based upon your post, I decided to give @Otaliema's tune a shot. It's a bit tricky, since it has so much understeer when the throttle's down, but it's very stable, which is nice. Very confidence inspiring.

Using it (and TC1, ABS1, and the suggested line), I pulled off a 1:17.784 for 4,592nd place! Probably about as good as I've ever done, really. :)

ZZ II version two
Thanks to the feedback I got from @TRL_Andromeda on my first version I set about making a faster one and I've done it, it's far less forgiving, rotates better and is a shade faster off the line. I sacrificed some entry speed to gain large marks in exit speed.
If you cook a turn you will know it understeer like a dog. Keep the tires on the black stuff.
I've had several 14.xxx laps going only to blow it.

Nice event, i like Deep Forest.
A quite easy 1:14.773 with the R8 (4.2), and at least 0.5s or more to gain.
Unfortunately my wheel is broken (downshifting two gears at once), and even though i claim that it's an easy achievable time, i had a really hard time doing it, after many many laps ruined because of that issue...
So i'm done for now, i'll just sit back and wait the new wheel to arrive.

i made some adjustements on my tune last time and i saw that height bug is not absolute... (rear low, front high) i put 95-95 and the handling of the car was a little better, even the traction on the bumps :confused:

i don't understand why L-shooter gave up so quickly :confused:

also the guy in first place is not a cheater? his lap and time with the F40 was... WTF?
this time he is not leading with a stratospheric gap but... the doubt is still here.

edit: if anyone wants to try...

changes from the setup:
-ride height: 95-95
-brake balance 3-4
-LSD FR: 5/20/5 (i don't know why i changed)
-LSD RR: 5/40/5
-torque: 27-73
other values are the same.

Last edited:
i made some adjustements on my tune last time and i saw that height bug is not absolute... (rear low, front high) i put 95-95 and the handling of the car was a little better, even the traction on the bumps :confused:

i don't understand why L-shooter gave up so quickly :confused:

also the guy in first place is not a cheater? his lap and time with the F40 was... WTF?
this time he is not leading with a stratospheric gap but... the doubt is still here.

edit: if anyone wants to try...

changes from the setup:
-ride height: 95-95
-brake balance 3-4
-LSD FR: 5/20/5 (i don't know why i changed)
-LSD RR: 5/40/5
-torque: 27-73
other values are the same.
The #1 guy (abigail) is still cheating, yes. I know exactly what he is doing.

On another note, I tried installing body rigidity to the Nissan VGT. As it is extremely snappy and tail happy I thought it would be a good thing, but it turned out to hurt quite a bit, so avoid it on that car. I also tried a wide array of bake bias setups, and in the end I found 5/6 to be the best.

The #1 guy (abigail) is still cheating, yes. I know exactly what he is doing.

On another note, I tried installing body rigidity to the Nissan VGT. As it is extremely snappy and tail happy I thought it would be a good thing, but it turned out to hurt quite a bit, so avoid it on that car. I also tried a wide array of bake bias setups, and in the end I found 5/6 to be the best.

Took your advice and bought a new car and didn't improve rigidity. Went from 1:14.195 to 1:14.038 with the DS3. No AS (Tried it but it doesn't work for me in the tight S'es here). But i have TC=1 for consistancy. Thanks for the tips!:cheers:

Back