600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Deep Forest Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 115 comments
I'm determined to do this with my RUF CTR2, and so far, it's not going well. :lol: This car doesn't drive well with a ton of horsepower and weight reduction on its stock suspension settings/LSD. At least not for me.
Yep, it's a handful. I finally got a gold but it took a fair bit of practice. I found that lowering it helps a lot.

Nope. At first I wondered how on earth you managed to get it to be faster than the Tommy but I'd made a couple of stupid mistakes. Firstly I'd added ballast to get the PP down (as if it's not heavy enough already) and I'd forgotten about the boost. Once I'd sorted that out I easily matched my best time in the ZZ11. AS gave me another half a second, down to 14.9 and P145. I expect to drop down the rankings dramatically once everyone else gets on the bandwaggon.
Also, to save all that tedious button-pressing, I've put a cable-tie round the boost button.

One question - I can't work out the best shifting point. Is it faster taking it to the red line or short-shifting?
I used some tape.:D
And I go all the way to redline, or just before, to avoid hitting revlimiter. But I more often than not shortshift out of the corners.:)
yes, the ZZII understeers as hell, to much to be naturally fast (50-50 weight distribution and rear mid engine, how the hell can it be so annoying to drive? :confused: )
but the holy acceleration makes it fast, maybe try more agressive tune?

13.4 is already fast 👍
I have a very agressive setup already, I still dont like it.

I used a Audi RS6 with weight reduction and the lot. Golded after fiddling with the setups. Wasn't very quick though since it was pretty heavy.

Was wondering what happened....ZZ11 1:14.47, with lot of time left....and now I see the VGT is the best. Boooo, hate using extra button. Braking points aren't enough, now I have to see where to use nitro or Kers whatever it is.

Anyway.... BB, ballast for VGT ?

Was wondering what happened....ZZ11 1:14.47, with lot of time left....and now I see the VGT is the best. Boooo, hate using extra button. Braking points aren't enough, now I have to see where to use nitro or Kers whatever it is.

Anyway.... BB, ballast for VGT ?

1:14.409 with the VGT so far. Yes; my hands cramps from pressing that extra button. :lol:
I would also like to know what BB people are using and whether you've changed the oil. But i think that no Ballast is the way to go...

Remarkable lap by @StirlingMoose 👍

^ No, that would be awful.

What you need to do is ask your best buddy to shoot rubberbands at your KERS button to keep it going. Bonus if he's a good shot because it's going to hurt your fingers otherwise, not to mention your lap time.

(maybe dumb questions)
so the KERS is only active when we push gas pedal?
the rubber is a good idea 👍

i ran some laps with the ZZII to beat my time in VGT, tried more ballast (for reach 45-55) and wing, and it's better, handling is appreciable, but i don't understand how works the adjustable wing, i only won 20 points downforce... i took the big size but i reduced a bit the high and the width (both at -2), the size, even if the change is "manual" (+ or -) matters?
(i don't know if it's clear, the PoDi logic blew my brain a long time ago XD)

(maybe dumb questions)
so the KERS is only active when we push gas pedal?
the rubber is a good idea 👍

i ran some laps with the ZZII to beat my time in VGT, tried more ballast (for reach 45-55) and wing, and it's better, handling is appreciable, but i don't understand how works the adjustable wing, i only won 20 points downforce... i took the big size but i reduced a bit the high and the width (both at -2), the size, even if the change is "manual" (+ or -) matters?
(i don't know if it's clear, the PoDi logic blew my brain a long time ago XD)
I changed to your tune today Dart_Field and started improving immediately. Took off some ballast, about half, and improved even more. Slight change to the LSD also.
Anyway, just saying thanks for posting your tune mate, cheers.

I not big on tuning but if this helps....

ZZ11 '00

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Customised Wing B
Engine upgrade 3
Height Adjustable Suspension Kit
Racing Brake Kit
Wheels Rays TE37SL

Ride Height 76/74
Spring Rate 7.01/8.07
Dampers (COm) 4/5
Dampers (Ext) 4/4
Anti Roll Bars 2/3
Camber 0/0
Toe -0.04/0.026

Transmission default, Just changed individual gears.
1. 3.377
2. 2.270
3. 1.670
4. 1.276
5. 1.000
6 0.800

Final Gear 4.844

Drive Train

Front 5/15/7
Rear 7/15/9

Torque Diff 25/75

Downforce 150/257

Brakes 7/8

Power Limiter 85.7

I managed 1:16.3xx feel free to improve.

With your tune, achieved 1:16:893.
With Shaunm80's tune, had achieved 1:17:221 earlier.

The difference in the tunes was that with your tune, the car slided into the corners, which would angle the car for an early exit.

Nonetheless, thanks to You & Shaun for being kind enough to post tunes, without which I would be lingering in the bottom ranks but now am around 1850th rank!

I've had a few short runs in the 2020 VGT today and managed to beat my previous ZZII time by .152 so now on 1:14.219 @ #55 :D Tho I don't think I have ever screamed so many obscenities at my TV from driving any other car throughout the 15 years of GT. The car just loves to twerk at the most inappropriate moments. :irked: :lol:

I'm sure I could do a little better if I can just tidy up my braking, smooth out the fastest lines, and hit that last turn with a lot less apprehension. :nervous:

I've had a few short runs in the 2020 VGT today and managed to beat my previous ZZII time by .152 so now on 1:14.219 @ #55 :D Tho I don't think I have ever screamed so many obscenities at my TV from driving any other car throughout the 15 years of GT. The car just loves to twerk at the most inappropriate moments. :irked: :lol:

I'm sure I could do a little better if I can just tidy up my braking, smooth out the fastest lines, and hit that last turn with a lot less apprehension. :nervous:

Sounds like my girlfriend. :lol: Seriously though, great time with the car, excellent job. :bowdown:

Quite a tricky car to drive, the 2020... once it starts to slide it takes ages to regain grip. And mega frustrating when the tape holding my KERS button down comes unstuck on the uphill section when I'm a few tenths up on my ghost :mad:

1'13.935 for a mid 20's rank.

After only using the Nismo R35, I finally decided to try the ZZII. My best time was 1:15.6 with the GT-R. I went with @Dart_Field's tune (also added a GT wing since one of the top guys using it) and I managed a 1:14.289! Currently #69 but there's still room for improvement, and the car's oil is still good. I just bought it so I still need to drive more until it goes bad to get the maximum amount of HP, so that's even more time to cut down. Haven't tried the Nissan VGT yet... I guess I'll keep using the ZZII until I think I reached my limit and then I'll try it out.

Just wanted to say thanks for the great tune :) Also, probably less people will be doing this starting tomorrow because of GTA :lol:

1:14.409 with the VGT so far. Yes; my hands cramps from pressing that extra button. :lol:
I would also like to know what BB people are using and whether you've changed the oil. But i think that no Ballast is the way to go...

Remarkable lap by @StirlingMoose 👍

sorry, but what is the extra button for kers???

Yes, its the NOS button, and you can map it to whatever button you like in the controls settings menu.
I use R1 on the controller (becuse I use R2 and L2 for throttle and brake), and for the wheel, I use this button, whatever it is called:
DFGTa.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a tricky car to drive, the 2020... once it starts to slide it takes ages to regain grip. And mega frustrating when the tape holding my KERS button down comes unstuck on the uphill section when I'm a few tenths up on my ghost :mad:

1'13.935 for a mid 20's rank.

This is what you need.

20150420_204737.jpg

Good work getting into the 13s. I had another go tonight (It's pretty addictive, this one) but couldn't improve on my 14.3. In fact I was just getting slower. When I checked the rigidity had started to deteriorate, after less than 400 miles. I may have put it in the wall once or twice. Half a million credits and I was back up to speed but I was a bit past it by then. This is one feature of the game I could easily do without.

SM, did you just say with a body rigidityity it's (you're) faster?

Not with rigidity improvement. Just restoring it back to its original state. It was starting to feel very sloppy and restoring it definitely tightened it up again. It was about a second difference.

Yes, its the NOS button, and you can map it to whatever button you like in the controls settings menu.
I use R1 on the controller (becuse I use R2 and L2 for throttle and brake), and for the wheel, I use this button, whatever it is called:
View attachment 351430
I have that wheel it's a Driving Force GT, looks like you removed the sequenal shifter.
I use the Up arrow and circle for nos/kers so I can use either thumb for it in any turn

Back