600pp Non-Racing Cars & Tuned Cars Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 252 comments
Not a problem mate :) i managed a 51.1 with SW__10s last night after 10 mins... I found knocking the lsd split down to 35:65 and rear lsd accel to 50 instead of 55 made it a bit more managable for me. I seem to drive a bit more aggressive than he does. Great tune for this event. Easily good for a 50.8 for me... Binned it numerous times on final corner or under braking at previous hairpin. Technical little combo this one.

Knockin' on 50's door mate, great lap!! 👍 Thanks for the mod tips for @SW__10's tune, I'll give it a try later. :cheers:

...yeah, that pesky last corner :banghead:

This is my first seasonal for a long while and would like to know the current stands on Active Steering. I see that most people don't use it. I use Ed's (thank you) tune with adjusted gearbox and toe with Active Steering on strong and found the car to be under-steering a bit (or in US terms, a bit tight). It got me into the top 200. Then i took Active Steering off and it was completely different, much more over-steer (loose) and I had a hard time getting to my times again although the under-steer did help with turn in.

And an other thing, I tried to use Eclipse guide (thank you) for the gearbox setup, can anyone clarify point one and two for me?

Not a pro by any means w/ the wheel, have had it less than a year, but Active Steering is a no go for me. It's "active" capabilities seem based off what the sim feels is the proper line, therefore trying to force the player off his/her line. Not good.

Not a pro by any means w/ the wheel, have had it less than a year, but Active Steering is a no go for me. It's "active" capabilities seem based off what the sim feels is the proper line, therefore trying to force the player off his/her line. Not good.

I personally have seen a lot of the top times using active steering, especially that Stratos and zonda huayra Bathurt Seasonals this month.

I personally have seen a lot of the top times using active steering, especially that Stratos and zonda huayra Bathurt Seasonals this month.

As I said, "not a pro" and haven't done many Seasonals myself. I'm sure if the top dogs have used it, it's likely due to an unstable car and the AS helps keep it in check. It just seems the few times I have tried to use it, the AS over-tries to force the issue and works against instead of w/ my desired line. IMO I would rather feel what the car is doing w/ out an aid, trying to correct a problem, based off of a preset line built in the game.

Hello everyone :gtpflag:I'm new here

Seeking settings for my NSX, to improve my times in the Tsucuba Circuit for the super lap of seasonal events, I found GTPlanet ... Congratulations to all, loved it ...

I will talk, I have made my own adjustments to the settings for NSX LM and I can not get off 52.237 ... Someone who can help me with the last settings to achieve lower my times at 51, medium or low ???. .. I know that the handling is very important ...

Thanks and Greetings to All :cheers:

As I said, "not a pro" and haven't done many Seasonals myself. I'm sure if the top dogs have used it, it's likely due to an unstable car and the AS helps keep it in check. It just seems the few times I have tried to use it, the AS over-tries to force the issue and works against instead of w/ my desired line. IMO I would rather feel what the car is doing w/ out an aid, trying to correct a problem, based off of a preset line built in the game.

Actually I see your point, especially for the Zonda Bathurst challenge seasonal this month I had to turn off AS to get gold! It prevented you coasting downhill properly and taking the line I wanted. It does lock you in more.

But for the Stratos Challenge it was almost impossible without it. So I guess it depends!

I only have a DS3 so not sure how it feels with a wheel.

Hello everyone :gtpflag:I'm new here

Seeking settings for my NSX, to improve my times in the Tsucuba Circuit for the super lap of seasonal events, I found GTPlanet ... Congratulations to all, loved it ...

I will talk, I have made my own adjustments to the settings for NSX LM and I can not get off 52.237 ... Someone who can help me with the last settings to achieve lower my times at 51, medium or low ???. .. I know that the handling is very important ...

Thanks and Greetings to All :cheers:

In the first page, in the first post of this thread, you will find a couple of links to NSX's tunes.:cheers:

IBZ6L20VT thank you very much ... I saw it, but I thought thay not yet had update settings ... I'll try to with the update of January 10, and then I talk to you ...

Regards :cheers:

Knockin' on 50's door mate, great lap!! 👍 Thanks for the mod tips for @SW__10's tune, I'll give it a try later. :cheers:

...yeah, that pesky last corner :banghead:

That's not true and that's not what it does at all. All it does basically is correct for oversteer. It helps keep an otherwise loose car stable through the corners. It has nothing to do with trying to over ride your steering inputs for a proper racing line. All its doing is correcting oversteer.

It can be a matter of preference due to the feel of it based on the track/car combo, generally to me it helps u get the power down alot better on exits, keeps the back end in check more and makes it a bit more stable under braking... But like i say, some combinations it only hinders you, straightening the car up when ur trying to take a certain line through a corner or even making slight changes of direction at high speed. Can feel like its basically tryin to keep the car in a straight line perminantly... Not good if its rotation your after coming into a corner.... Thats my experience with it anyway. If your going to use it then Only use it when it helps from the word go i say...

I try to avoid the use of AS... But that's because I think that it makes me a worse driver, and the point of TTs for me is not only being as high as I can in the leaderboards, it's to become a better driver by my own skills. I mean, ABS is present in every modern car, but AS? it makes the car handle in an unnatural way so I try to avoid its use because it pollutes with wrong information my driving and my learning process.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against its use if it's available, it's a personal preference. And I myself used it in the past and don't discard its use in the future the very last days of the TT availability.

I try to avoid the use of AS... But that's because I think that it makes me a worse driver, and the point of TTs for me is not only being as high as I can in the leaderboards, it's to become a better driver by my own skills. I mean, ABS is present in every modern car, but AS? it makes the car handle in an unnatural way so I try to avoid its use because it pollutes with wrong information my driving and my learning process.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against its use if it's available, it's a personal preference. And I myself used it in the past and don't discard its use in the future the very last days of the TT availability.
i agree mate. I like to use whats true to real life etc.... The higher u get each time and the amount of time u put into these events or racing itself, will generally improve you anyway. Listening to advice from the guys that have been here so long already and have made it to the nationals and things is a huge bonus. Getting rid of a few bad habits or understanding principles alot better, theres always an area to improve on and i think quite a few of us have come on leaps and bounds from where we were last year, no doubt thats thanks to people in this community aswell as our own talent.

I feel the same though about using certain things. I can use AS and take another half second of my time and ill be happy that iv got myself up there pretty high etc...... But theres always that feeling where im happier when i do it without. I feel like i achieved it all by myself haha

It can be a matter of preference due to the feel of it based on the track/car combo, generally to me it helps u get the power down alot better on exits, keeps the back end in check more and makes it a bit more stable under braking... But like i say, some combinations it only hinders you, straightening the car up when ur trying to take a certain line through a corner or even making slight changes of direction at high speed. Can feel like its basically tryin to keep the car in a straight line perminantly... Not good if its rotation your after coming into a corner.... Thats my experience with it anyway. If your going to use it then Only use it when it helps from the word go i say...
I actually did little test during X-bow TT at SoW. I had good and stable tune from @SW__10 and I had done well over 1000 km at that event without using AS, almost the whole top 10 was using AS so I thought I'd give it a try. Coming to the first turn was revealing, I had no trouble smahing the brakes when without AS I would have spinned, also on corner exit I was able to smash the throttle and tail would just stay glued to the ground. No as AS was making things bit easier, it felt like I was loosing time where ever I wanted to have a little skid on the tires to make the car around the bend.

Now I think that the car and track didn't have any trouble with AS on that event, but after doing something like 50km with AS on I really had many issues, and it really started to seem like if I want to be fast I have avoid AS from interrupting my driving, or I have to work out new driving style that co-operates with AS. And this made me really think, why would I learn to use AS when I'm already quite fast without it, and also the freedom of driving to me is quite important, and with AS on it feels like my driving is dictated by some electric device, rather than dictated simply by car and track limits!!

So, at least for me it's driving style issue, and I pretty firmly believe that I should make around same times AS off and with AS off I'm doing it the way I want, not the way AS wants...

Had a look at leaderboards and surprised I'm still up there in top 10. Anyway I see only two from Italy have gone above me and one just behind me, is it just me or does them laps look like something fishy is going on

Last edited:
It certainly dont help in the 4wd seasonals in my opinion. I mean its practically keeping the back end planted as much as possible
In various situations and no matter what u do with the tunes, how good u get it, u can never fully get rid of the understeer... Getting the rotation is key i feel. Making me straighten up constantly or preventing me from doing that is no help at all... At suzuka i think i hit my 1.55.3 with AS... turned it off and ended up down at a 54.8... Same with this event now at tsukuba... 4 tenths up without using it.

Had a look at leaderboards and surprised I'm still up there in top 10. Anyway I see only two from Italy have gone above me, is it just me or does them laps look like something fishy is going on?
Im still pissed off your a tenth quicker in my car with that 51.0, beat me at suzuka in it aswell hahah i know a 50.8 is there with SWs but putting it down is annoying the life out of me lol

I did look at the leaderboards for the fastest zz time to use as my ghost, think its a 50.5, italian player. He looks like hes sunday driving. Looks so slow and relaxed... He short shifts in every single gear too... And never drops down to 1st... Always in 2nd... I wondered how he is shedding the speed under braking in time for the corner. He seems like hes got the sweetest setup going for the zz...

Last edited:
Im still pissed off your a tenth quicker in my car with that 51.0, beat me at suzuka in it aswell hahah i know a 50.8 is there with SWs but putting it down is annoying the life out of me lol
I know it is possible to go quicker in your car but understeer in last corner makes it super hard to pull off a good lap I think, maybe something like 50.6 is possible with it so you got a good chance of beating my time with it. SW__10 setup, lap time comes easy in couple of the sections but maybe a bit slower on to the long straight due to different power distribution but helps get rid of the understeer at least and makes a 50.4 much more possible to pull off. It is a shame if some people are cheating, hope if they are their times get deleted. Hopefully you get the time you want, just put me off the event a bit as it seems chance of pole position is a bit low and might try my luck in another TT where I might get a chance to drive a M235i Racing instead.

I personally prefer slower ghosts which I use as reference. You can always use my ghost though, you know exact setup I used and lap is legit.

Last edited:
I know it is possible to go quicker in your car but understeer in last corner makes it super hard to pull off a good lap I think, maybe something like 50.6 is possible with it so you got a good chance of beating my time with it. SW__10 setup, lap time comes easy in couple of the sections but maybe a bit slower on to the long straight due to different power distribution but helps get rid of the understeer at least and makes a 50.4 much more possible to pull off. It is a shame if some people are cheating, hope if they are their times get deleted. Hopefully you get the time you want, just put me off the event a bit as it seems chance of pole position is a bit low and might try my luck in another TT where I might get a chance to drive a M235i Racing instead.

I personally prefer slower ghosts which I use as reference. You can always use my ghost though, you know exact setup I used and lap is legit.
I think your natural ability is a little higher than mine, but its cool mate, you beat me again in my car though and ill come looking for you :mischievous: :lol:

I noticed aswell though u absolutely nail the exit on the 2nd corner... Like u mentioned using the ebrake occasionally to get the rotation done faster for the exit may help. I do use it occasionally myself but seem to be struggling to even reach the button with where my steering input is at lol.... Never struggled before... Think it may be the fact that i cant shed the speed quick enough so i dnt brake as late as i might like too.. And even though they are hairpins, they arent tight in my opinion, more of a longer bend. Ill give it a good hour tonight and tommorow. Only been doin 20 min stints on it. Great job all the same mate.

You only get better by playing a better opponent ;)

Last edited:

AS for me was essential, but now since Im using steering wheel, I try to avoid it too. Only with some tunes I miss this help but when you get use to drive whithout aids, is much more fun and even you can drive faster
:cheers:

And an other thing, I tried to use Eclipse guide (thank you) for the gearbox setup, can anyone clarify point one and two for me?
Do a lap with default gearbox settings, later use the replay feature and see what's the top speed at the final of the longest straight of the track.
In settings menu, set the top speed slider with the top speed that you found when you did that lap.

If you have more questions just let me know. 👍

Ok, here's my tune based on @eclipsee instructions and tips from @Stotty. It's good for lap under 51 seconds, just takes some really good driving. I think eclipse replay at top 10 will do for instructional video, he's showing how to use the tune ;) :D

NSX-R prototype LM road car

85 85
4.43 6.61
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0

Brakes racing 5 4 (I think 5 5 could be faster but I loose the rear too easily on entry)

LSD
7/12/10 (start lowering initial and brake torque if the car feels too stiff, and increase if you loose control too easily)

all weight reductions and full DF no ballast engine stage 3 and mid turbo!!! 647BHP 1.143 kg 600PP

Gears: After doing power settings start by defaulting the gears, set final (as initial final) to 3.400 and then max speed to min.

Set gear ratios
1st 6.041 (should be all the way left)
2nd 4.430 (this also)
3rd 3.725 (don't touch this one)
4th 3.133 (set so it looks nice and linear with other gears, but only after you have first done 5th and 6th gear!!)
5th 2.650 (all the way right)
6th 2.248 (same here)

and then set the final to 2.500

Now this system works for gears in every track, if you need longer gears, just use higher number as initial final gear, and for shorter gears you need lower number initial final, and then just use the instruction that is written in parenthesis and forget the numbers, but the main idea is that you have final final gear set as 2.500 (minimum)

Heh, I hope those gear instructions are first of all correct, and secondly they make some sense. I have based this system on @eclipsee posted link earlier in this thread. So if there's some contradiction please guys let me know so I don't spread BS information :D

Last edited:
Had a look at leaderboards and surprised I'm still up there in top 10. Anyway I see only two from Italy have gone above me and one just behind me, is it just me or does them laps look like something fishy is going on

I checked their replays too and i don't think that they set their times under legal circumstances. :(

Back