600pp Non-Racing Cars & Tuned Cars Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 252 comments
Well sorry iv neglected the forums for a while, had another go at workin on my own tune and managed to get down to 51.5.... Had a look on here and thought id give @SW__10 a try, normally cant use them but i have to say its probably as good as it gets in the zz.... 5 laps and i was at a 51.291. Still losing time yet too, at least 0.3 still there for me. Im virtually on top of you @Saidur_Ali all the way to the hairpin before the long straight then u just pull away on the exit! Cracking time mate. See if i can squeeze that extra out.

Wasted over an hour grinding with @IBZ6L20VT tune after realising I had springs on completely the wrong setting :banghead:

Set the correct spring rate and improved to a 51.0. I'm targeting that exclusive 50 club now.

It was a nice way to christen my newly completed home made rig :D

View attachment 291641
Nice rig :)

Heres mine.
image.jpg

Using @eclipsee suggested tune and got in to the 50's after less than half an hour.

Wow man, not bad 👍 I did my half an hour yesterday on that tune I build by @eclipsee instructions and just about made it under 52 seconds :D but I really did notice that by making tune this loose it really gives every inc of the car to my disposal, and driving is more pleasant when I have to be really aware all the time not to make too sudden moves, on ZZII it really feels like I'm just mashing it around, and it might be fun for some time but it wears out pretty fast... Only problem now is that I really have to step up my driving if I want to get to same times with NSX that I did with ZZII, it's very different driving altogether...

What sort of figures would you guys recommend on ARBs? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Also is there somethings that I might want to try on the suspension? And is there somethings that I should definitely avoid doing?

LSD tuning is quite simple, have I understood correctly that higher figure I can manage on acceleration is better, and initial and braking both as open as I can possible manage?

Last edited:
ODB
Wow man, not bad 👍 I did my half an hour yesterday on that tune I build by @eclipsee instructions and just about made it under 52 seconds :D but I really did notice that by making tune this loose it really gives every inc of the car to my disposal, and driving is more pleasant when I have to be really aware all the time not to make too sudden moves, on ZZII it really feels like I'm just mashing it around, and it might be fun for some time but it wears out pretty fast... Only problem now is that I really have to step up my driving if I want to get to same times with NSX that I did with ZZII, it's very different driving altogether...

What sort of figures would you recommend on ARBs? Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Also is there somethings that I might want to try on the suspension? And is there somethings that I should definitely avoid doing?

LSD tuning is quite simple, have I understood correctly that higher figure I can manage on acceleration is better, and initial and braking both as open as I can possible manage?

Precisely!!

The NSX is so much more challenging to drive than the ZZII - you have to manage the weight when braking and the throttle when exiting much more carefully... it's a proper car :) Normally takes me at least an hour to settle in to a car and start finding where my absolute limits are, but I spent a lot of time in the NSX at RBR and I generally like the way MR cars handle... that's why the time came so quickly.

I'm running ARBs at 7 7 on Ramons tune, with brakes at 5 5.

Fine tuning how the car handles depends on what you'd like it to do... how does the car 'feel' to you? Where are you losing time to the ghost lines? Do you want less/more entry rotation, less/more trail brake rotation/brake release oversteer, less/more exit traction, etc?

The only adjustment I made to Ramon's tune last night was to run LSD accel at 12, so it doesn't wheelspin so easily when I get on the gas slightly too hard.

Fine tuning how the car handles depends on what you'd like it to do... how does the car 'feel' to you? Where are you losing time to the ghost lines? Do you want less/more entry rotation, less/more trail brake rotation/brake release oversteer, less/more exit traction, etc?

I have to do some more laps today to see if I can form a some sort of picture of what would I like to do the car. ARBs at 7 sounds quite good and maybe I'll try little lower LSD accel as well. I was running brakes at 5/5 and to be honest the car feels really neutral and natural to drive so instead of tampering with the suspension too much I should adapt my driving just to be more careful/smooth.

generally like the way MR cars handle
MR drivetrain is basically making all other forms of drivetrain obsolete IMO :D I just wish that car manufacturers would realize this and stop making these non-sense 4WD cars, really good for gravel and snow but on asphalt front wheel pull is just making things harder...

ODB
I have to do some more laps today to see if I can form a some sort of picture of what would I like to do the car. ARBs at 7 sounds quite good and maybe I'll try little lower LSD accel as well. I was running brakes at 5/5 and to be honest the car feels really neutral and natural to drive so instead of tampering with the suspension too much I should adapt my driving just to be more careful/smooth.

The right approach 👍

Ramon's tunes have A LOT of rotation (he's a very good driver - his skills can manage the instability), so I usually tone them down a bit to start and then gradually ease back towards his settings as I get more used to the car.

So initially, I'd usually run a bit less LSD accel (2-3 clicks), a bit less rear brakes (1-2 clicks) and maybe a bit less front ride height (5-10 clicks)... then gradually add them back in as I reached my limit at each stage.

ODB
MR drivetrain is basically making all other forms of drivetrain obsolete IMO :D I just wish that car manufacturers would realize this and stop making these non-sense 4WD cars, really good for gravel and snow but on asphalt front wheel pull is just making things harder...

In GT, MR have always been the best to drive IMO - they naturally have much less understeer!

In real life it's the one drive train I've not owned (had FR, FF, RR & 4WD). I don't mind 4WD, and the Subaru Impreza I had from 1996-1998 was one of the best cars I've ever owned... they just need driving in a specific way to get the best out of them. You drive them like a FWD car on entry (deep trail braking or left foot braking and a little 'flick' to get the nose in to the corner and unsettle the rear), wait for the rotation, then use the 4WD traction to rocket out of the corner. The problem with most 4WD cars in GT6 is their handling balance is determined by them being 4WD rather than their drive train layout for some reason - so although the ZZII is MR, it doesn't have the rotation a RWD MR car has... as a lot of thing in GT6, it's weird!

In real life it's the one drive train I've not owned (had FR, FF, RR & 4WD). I don't mind 4WD, and the Subaru Impreza I had from 1996-1998 was one of the best cars I've ever owned... they just need driving in a specific way to get the best out of them. You drive them like a FWD car on entry (deep trail braking or left foot braking and a little 'flick' to get the nose in to the corner and unsettle the rear), wait for the rotation, then use the 4WD traction to rocket out of the corner. The problem with most 4WD cars in GT6 is their handling balance is determined by them being 4WD rather than their drive train layout for some reason - so although the ZZII is MR, it doesn't have the rotation a RWD MR car has... as a lot of thing in GT6, it's weird!

To be honest there's some 4WD cars that I enjoy very much in this game, turbo 16 for example :D but it's just that I have never warmed up to these high-tech 4WD cars (GT-R ZZII)

And I would love to try out some older Impreza, they are without a doubt really beautifully driving machines 👍

Tried this morning @SW__10's tune and, as always, is quite fast while easy to get it go that way.

But in this case I prefer the wilderness of mine and even made some improvement. 0:50.883.
Just amazing great job amigo :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :eek: :eek::bowdown: (bit too much? :lol:)

I already sort of gave up on the ZZII and I have actually made couple of laps under 31.4 at NSX and I think I should get around 51.0 but it's gonna be a hell of a good lap!!

Good luck for further improvements :cheers:

EDIT: just made it to 50's on NSX!! 50.973

Last edited:
Cheers @Growling
Father in law a joiner so got it all built up for free... I just had to change the bloody clutch on his van haha. I will do eventually mate lol soon as that steering wheel got bolted in the paint and varnish got shoved back under the stairs for a later date haha. Cant be having time off from TTs, you guys are too damn quick to fall behind on ;)

ODB
Just amazing great job amigo :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :eek: :eek::bowdown: (bit too much? :lol:)

I already sort of gave up on the ZZII and I have actually made couple of laps under 31.4 at NSX and I think I should get around 51.0 but it's gonna be a hell of a good lap!!

Good luck for further improvements :cheers:

EDIT: just made it to 50's on NSX!! 50.973

Yeah, bit too much, as I am only less than a tenth faster than you ;). Anyway, thank you!

You also made a great job with that NSX, finally on the 0:50's!

All of you, guys, are pushing hard and making a real challenge to keep a high rank. Congrats to everybody :cheers:.

Great job guys 👍

Gonna have another go tomorrow if I don't have to chauffeur the wide around (she's managed to get herself banned from driving for 6 months FFS).

I assume you mean wife. :lol: Not sure she'd appreciate you calling her a "wide". :lol::lol: Here in the U.S. anyway, referring to your wife as a "wide" would insinuate she has a fat ass. :lol:

I assume you mean wife. :lol: Not sure she'd appreciate you calling her a "wide". :lol::lol: Here in the U.S. anyway, referring to your wife as a "wide" would insinuate she has a fat ass. :lol:

Yeah, mean the wife 👍

And she definitely NOT wide!

If anyone is interested, here is my tune for the ZZII at Tsukuba.

ZZII
623bhp, 920kg
Body rigidity improvement

95/50
5.88/14.66
5/5
5/8
7/7
0/0
-0.25/-0.10

Racing Brakes 3/6

Trans

Initial FG 3100
Max speed 137mph (min)
1: 4.700
2: 3.510
3: 2.853
4: 2.370
5: 2.010
6: 1.696
FG: 2500

LSD Front 5/25/5 Rear 10/55/5

Torque split 30:70

Power 89.4% High turbo

Max DF 150/300

All weight reductions.

Hope it helps a few people out 👍

:cheers:

Great lap @IBZ6L20VT :cheers:...I improved today and I'm just behind you 👍....:lol:.

Thanks for your help. I´ve been with the Nsx and was fun but I had to be too careful with the throttle after the corners. with the ZZII no careful at all 👍. I was 0.3 faster, being now 77th with 51.3xx

Finally got some time to turn some laps. In just a few w/ @SW__10's tune gained almost .3 w/ more to be had if I can hold it together...meaning I figure out how deep to go in the last turn w/ out blowing it.

51.777, thanks @SW__10 for the tune! 👍

...would still like to see what changes you have come up w/ for your tune @Evo19uk. :)

Great lookin' rigs posted here, gotta love a home grown! 👍 :cheers:

Since we're sharing, hear's mine. Paint may be added after the, hope to be soon, move. :)

image.jpg

Finally got some time to turn some laps. In just a few w/ @SW__10's tune gained almost .3 w/ more to be had if I can hold it together...meaning I figure out how deep to go in the last turn w/ out blowing it.

51.777, thanks @SW__10 for the tune! 👍

...would still like to see what changes you have come up w/ for your tune @Evo19uk. :)

Great lookin' rigs posted here, gotta love a home grown! 👍 :cheers:

Since we're sharing, hear's mine. Paint may be added after the, hope to be soon, move. :)

View attachment 292911

Great rig mate!! seems that after driving you can also have a break and sleep for a while (siesta) :)👍

Great rig mate!! seems that after driving you can also have a break and sleep for a while (siesta) :)👍

Thanks! Yeah it's quite comfy, no doubt. :) Before I got the seat it was used w/ the couch. So I wanted the pedal stand to be at about the height of the footstool (F1 style or closer to a Kart). So, when I got the seat I took all the dimensions off the couch and stand position...and wallah...it worked out perfect. W/ the added adjustability of the seat, couldn't be happier. 👍 :cheers:

@Dan76
Half finished tune i gave up on lol.
ZZII

95/55
5.88/11.80
3/5
5/3
3/6
0/0
-0.15/0.10
BB 6/4

Initial 5.000
Max speed 137(min)
1. 2.914
2. 2.329
3. 1.880
4. 1.522
5. 1.246
6. 1.052
Final 3.260

5/5
40/45
5/5
Split 40:60

High turbo,89.4%,improve body rigity
No weight
Downforce 150/170

Last edited:
@Dan76
Half finished tune i gave up on lol.
ZZII

95/55
5.88/11.80
3/5
5/3
3/6
0/0
-0.15/0.10
BB 6/4

Initial 5.000
Max speed 137(min)
1. 2.914
2. 2.329
3. 1.880
4. 1.522
5. 1.246
6. 1.052
Final 3.260

5/5
40/45
5/5
Split 40:60

High turbo,89.4%,improve body rigity
No weight
Downforce 150/170

Thanks, Very much appreciated! 👍:cheers:

I think I may have about maxed out w/ @SW__10's tune, though I did loose .2+ in the final turn. Time to start searchin'. Hope your mods/tune will give me a bit more to go on! 👍

Pretty happy w/ a decent gain to 51.517 though. 👍

Not a problem mate :) i managed a 51.1 with SW__10s last night after 10 mins... I found knocking the lsd split down to 35:65 and rear lsd accel to 50 instead of 55 made it a bit more managable for me. I seem to drive a bit more aggressive than he does. Great tune for this event. Easily good for a 50.8 for me... Binned it numerous times on final corner or under braking at previous hairpin. Technical little combo this one.

ODB
To be honest there's some 4WD cars that I enjoy very much in this game, turbo 16 for example :D but it's just that I have never warmed up to these high-tech 4WD cars (GT-R ZZII)

And I would love to try out some older Impreza, they are without a doubt really beautifully driving machines 👍
. Hey ODB.. I'm not im what would be regarded as a good tuner, but my fastest time in this TT is in the RA WRX. (52:5ish from memory). The addition of a flat floor really improved its lap speed and also got the max pp up at the PP limit. I'm sure this car could go considerably quicker with a good tune.

. Hey ODB.. I'm not im what would be regarded as a good tuner, but my fastest time in this TT is in the RA WRX. (52:5ish from memory). The addition of a flat floor really improved its lap speed and also got the max pp up at the PP limit. I'm sure this car could go considerably quicker with a good tune.
I moved on to NSX LM road car! Thanks anyway!

I was with DS3 and the NSX road car on weekends 0: 51.164 go.
I'm pretty happy with it and do not think that I will achieve an improvement. :)

This is my first seasonal for a long while and would like to know the current stands on Active Steering. I see that most people don't use it. I use Ed's (thank you) tune with adjusted gearbox and toe with Active Steering on strong and found the car to be under-steering a bit (or in US terms, a bit tight). It got me into the top 200. Then i took Active Steering off and it was completely different, much more over-steer (loose) and I had a hard time getting to my times again although the under-steer did help with turn in.

And an other thing, I tried to use Eclipse guide (thank you) for the gearbox setup, can anyone clarify point one and two for me?

Back