600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 231 comments
The fastest players are up there in a third of laps you've done because they have a mix of high mileage in GT (some from GT1 to GT6) and raw talent in different percentage, look on the bright side, 4000 miles is like building muscle mass at the gym, later you'll be able to lift the same kilos with less effort.
If you keep the same mileage pace in the next TT's you'll be in the GT Academy national finals without any doubt.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here on the point I have bolded. I have been putting those types of miles, its nothing for me to go into the 6,000 mile range, since GT5. I think everyone here that knows me and what my goals are knows the kind of time and dedication I put into these Seasonals and also the WRS when I chose to run there. Still, no trip to the finals for me, not even close. (Been trying religiously for the last 4 years.) Your statement here may hold true for a good percentage of people, but not everyone. Although I do hope for the best for @Evo19uk and have no doubt he'll do well in the future, simply logging miles won't do it, I am proof of that. I have been chasing your ghost, and others, around relentlessly since the early days of GT5 and although I have improved, I have not improved to the point of the finals. And I can guarantee you its not because of a lack of dedication and determination. You see, some people have it and some people don't, no matter how many miles they may log. Again, I'm not disputing @Evo19uk skill or determination, matter of fact, I admire it and really hope the best for him. I'm just disagreeing with your statement as you make it sound like just logging miles will get you into the Academy. That's just not the case...been there, done that and still on the outside looking in.

@Evo19uk As said, your dedication and determination is to be admired and I really hope you achieve your goals. Speaking from experience, don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. As I said, I have been at this for the last 4 years now logging thousands of miles in each event I enter and still my dream eludes me. Hopefully you do better than I have and I will be rooting for you all the way. :cheers: 👍

EDIT: Please disregard my post before this one, I hit quote instead of reply by accident. :dunce:

Last edited:
I have to respectfully disagree with you here on the point I have bolded. I have been putting those types of miles, its nothing for me to go into the 6,000 mile range, since GT5. I think everyone here that knows me and what my goals are knows the kind of time and dedication I put into these Seasonals and also the WRS when I chose to run there. Still, no trip to the finals for me, not even close. (Been trying religiously for the last 4 years.) Your statement here may hold true for a good percentage of people, but not everyone. Although I do hope for the best for @Evo19uk and have no doubt he'll do well in the future, simply logging miles won't do it, I am proof of that. I have been chasing your ghost, and others, around relentlessly since the early days of GT5 and although I have improved, I have not improved to the point of the finals. And I can guarantee you its not because of a lack of dedication and determination. You see, some people have it and some people don't, no matter how many miles they may log. Again, I'm not disputing @Evo19uk skill or determination, matter of fact, I admire it and really hope the best for him. I'm just disagreeing with your statement as you make it sound like just logging miles will get you into the Academy. That's just not the case...been there, done that and still on the outside looking in.

@Evo19uk As said, your dedication and determination is to be admired and I really hope you achieve your goals. Speaking from experience, don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. As I said, I have been at this for the last 4 years now logging thousands of miles in each event I enter and still my dream eludes me. Hopefully you do better than I have and I will be rooting for you all the way. :cheers: 👍

EDIT: Please disregard my post before this one, I hit quote instead of reply by accident. :dunce:

Agreed all the way here. One huge difference imo, as far as the Academy goes, is the cars are preset spec cars that cannot be tuned to driving style. Personally, it took me about a week to get use to the GT3 in finals. These TT's are tuner wars as well as driver. So, much thanks to GTP for all the tune advice and input! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I think due to the fact that Suzuka has been in practically all GT games excluding the first 2 that is where the advantage would be for a long time GT racer. The track is so familiar it seems possible to run it blindfolded... even though this is not the case! a long term GT racer will close in to within a second of their ultimate lap within 1 session.. all that needs to be done is adjust to the cars handling! The track is not going to change for someone who has a million miles + there ;)

I have not got back to this yet but I know if I did I wont have much left and that's why I agree with Ramon, who funnily enough has been kicking my arse since 1999 on GT events :D so basically time served = decent laptime without spending a lifetime there as you have already have the miles in the bag ;)

Cheers :cheers:

Agreed all the way here. One huge difference imo, as far as the Academy goes, is the cars are preset spec cars that cannot be tuned to driving style. Personally, it took me about a week to get use to the GT3 in finals. These TT's are tuner wars as well driver. So, much thanks to GTP for all the tune advice and input! :gtpflag:

Personally, and as much as I like tuning cars, I would be happy if all these Seasonal TT's were non-tuning events. Not being able to tune the car really doesn't bother me that much as I am pretty much able to adapt to anything. I am just missing that one little thing, a thing I have yet to figure out, that puts me into the next level. If I could just figure out what it is I'm missing, I do think I could take it to the next level. Is it confidence, knowledge, or still a lack of skill/coordination?......who knows. You can bet though, as discouraged as I may get sometimes, I will one day figure it all out. And if its meant to be, then my dream will be realized. Sorry for off-topic.....carry on. :cheers:

Personally, and as much as I like tuning cars, I would be happy if all these Seasonal TT's were non-tuning events. Not being able to tune the car really doesn't bother me that much as I am pretty much able to adapt to anything. I am just missing that one little thing, a thing I have yet to figure out, that puts me into the next level. If I could just figure out what it is I'm missing, I do think I could take it to the next level. Is it confidence, knowledge, or still a lack of skill/coordination?......who knows. You can bet though, as discouraged as I may get sometimes, I will one day figure it all out. And if its meant to be, then my dream will be realized. Sorry for off-topic.....carry on. :cheers:

Once again, I have to agree. Not having the time to tune and adjust is a huge reason I haven't done many TT's. Often I just grab a spec car choose a circuit and ghost race.

I'm confident the time will come @GTP_CargoRatt when you will find the missing link. Your dedication, determination and hard work will pay off! :cheers:

I had found this TT unusually hard work but managed to scrape gold with a 2:05.9XX... then I realised I was on sports hards :banghead:

Put the right tyres on and BANG!... 8 seconds faster. There's definitely more in it but #350 isn't bad for me and my old knackered thumbs!

I think due to the fact that Suzuka has been in practically all GT games excluding the first 2 that is where the advantage would be for a long time GT racer. The track is so familiar it seems possible to run it blindfolded... even though this is not the case! a long term GT racer will close in to within a second of their ultimate lap within 1 session.. all that needs to be done is adjust to the cars handling! The track is not going to change for someone who has a million miles + there ;)

I have not got back to this yet but I know if I did I wont have much left and that's why I agree with Ramon, who funnily enough has been kicking my arse since 1999 on GT events :D so basically time served = decent laptime without spending a lifetime there as you have already have the miles in the bag ;)
Cheers :cheers:

Couldn't agree more, Ron 👍

Other than the Ring, Suzi is the track I've done more miles on than any other over the many years I've played GT. The 1,000's of laps I spent on line racing in GT5P, chasing people like yourself, Ramon, Timo, Rudi, Dan etc ingrained the lines so they are now just habit... braking points, turning points and apex's are all automatic.

On Suzi, I can typically reach within 0.5s of my best within 1 hour assuming I have a decent tune - which you kindly provided on this one :D

New zz with no wing added, no oil change, improved body rigidity

High turbo w/ 89.4% power

95/50 rh
7.70/11.80 sr
1/1
1/1
6/6
0.0 0.0
-0.10/-0.10

Brakes 6/6

L.S.D
5/5
30/44
5/6

40:60 split

Transmission, set to default, max speed 137mph

1) 3.489
2) 2.660
3) 2.190
4) 1.805
5) 1.492
6) 1.259

Set final to 2.510
DF 150/180
Gave it a quick go just now, only managed 1 complete lap so far which was 1:55.225 good enough for 25th position. I lost quite a lot of tenths on that run as it was quite a scruffy lap but when I went to try and beat it, felt a click on the wheel and force feedback had faded so leaving it to cool down. Thanks for sharing setup 👍.

Gave it a quick go just now, only managed 1 complete lap so far which was 1:55.225 good enough for 25th position. I lost quite a lot of tenths on that run as it was quite a scruffy lap but when I went to try and beat it, felt a click on the wheel and force feedback had faded so leaving it to cool down. Thanks for sharing setup 👍.
Good time mate. defo more to come yet. Its good for a 54.8 id say. Need to optimize the gearbox a little better yet. Sick of hitting 55.0 now haha. Wont give me that damn tenth!

Good time mate. defo more to come yet. Its good for a 54.8 id say. Need to optimize the gearbox a little better yet. Sick of hitting 55.0 now haha. Wont give me that damn tenth!
Just managed to get into the higher 1:54.8's, had a shocking last part of lap, probably lost over 4 tenths. Wouldn't be surprised if setup is good enough for 1:53's although I think it will be a struggle for me to get there, not enjoying driving the car and 4WD drive in general, always seem to have a lot of understeer.

Just managed to get into the higher 1:54.8's, had a shocking last part of lap, probably lost over 4 tenths. Wouldn't be surprised if setup is good enough for 1:53's although I think it will be a struggle for me to get there, not enjoying driving the car and 4WD drive in general, always seem to have a lot of understeer.
I just noticed 🤬 haha congrats... Im losing patience now... Too many faster laps thrown away. Havent beat it for ages now :ouch:

Try running the arbs at 3/5... Car feels a touch more slidey but u gain more exit oversteer so if your good on the throttle you may be able to get the power down earlier and improve it more... Iv been running negative front toe, -0.08/-0.10... For some reason even though it would promote more understeer i can actually get the car round faster than using positive... :odd:

Last edited:
I just noticed 🤬 haha congrats... Im losing patience now... Too many faster laps thrown away. Havent beat it for ages now :ouch:

Try running the arbs at 3/5... Car feels a touch more slidey but u gain more exit oversteer so if your good on the throttle you may be able to get the power down earlier and improve it more... Iv been running negative front toe, -0.08/-0.10... For some reason even though it would promote more understeer i can actually get the car round faster than using positive... :odd:
Sorry about that but at least gives you more of a reason to beat your time ;). I will try and make it a bit harder than it is now though, think I could get a .2 or .3 realistically so hopefully can achieve that

I tried your changes but I found them to make the car not as good to drive, might be worth switching to your old setup, might find you are faster and improve your time again.

used @ODB 's revised tune from @Mr P and got into the mid 56's, but on one lap i was at least .3 up and blew it wide on the last sweeper before chicane :banghead: any way thank you all for your tunes,i will never be no world beater,but i am always happy to be at least a few secs behind the top guys,and i have enjoyed using/trying every ones tunes of late :cheers:

Done about 700 mile since i got my 55.0 and only equaled it 3 or 4 times and constantly getting 55.1/2 and binned about 10 quicker laps.... Just turned it on now, very 1st lap... Was .5 behind shooter and ran wide just before crossing the finishing line after an aggressive exit from chicane. Absolutely devastated :grumpy: amazing how i just all of a sudden found 0.6 secs without changing a thing or even warming up? (Yes after nearly 5k i should be red hot anyway)

It's ok man.. It happens to us mortals. I was only behind you and sw__10 (so probably on for a 55.1 and blew it in the last chicane.. S**t happens.

That seems to be where I'm at these days. I know everything I have to do to get top 10 spots, but I can't hold all the sectors together in one lap

It's ok man.. It happens to us mortals. I was only behind you and sw__10 (so probably on for a 55.1 and blew it in the last chicane.. S**t happens.

That seems to be where I'm at these days. I know everything I have to do to get top 10 spots, but I can't hold all the sectors together in one lap

Same problem for me alot... Just blew another faster one by braking to late for final chicane. Lost half a sec easy... So now i know its capable of running a 54.5/6... Question is, i am capable of putting it down on the black stuff

I agree with the whole s**t happens, im very stubborn and determined... But after so many miles since that time i just wish s**t didnt happen lol just one lap... Thats all im asking for? I dont think thats too much to ask :P

Done about 700 mile since i got my 55.0 and only equaled it 3 or 4 times and constantly getting 55.1/2 and binned about 10 quicker laps.... Just turned it on now, very 1st lap... Was .5 behind shooter and ran wide just before crossing the finishing line after an aggressive exit from chicane. Absolutely devastated :grumpy: amazing how i just all of a sudden found 0.6 secs without changing a thing or even warming up? (Yes after nearly 5k i should be red hot anyway)

I know where you are coming from. With all the miles I have put into these events over the years, I have seen it all. Had days where I would best my time on the few few laps and then had days where it would seem that I totally forgot how to drive and couldn't come close to my time. :boggled: After all these years, I have come to one conclusion. If you start out bad and just aren't feeling it, stop because you are only going to be :banghead: the rest of the day. Saves me a lot of frustrated miles. If you start out hot, by all means, do not stop until you absolutely can't do anymore. There were times where I was so hot that I could incubate chickens in my armpits and I stopped short for whatever reason and ended up regretting it because I knew I could have done better. In GT5, it was nothing for me to put 7-8,000 miles into an event, sometime more. Now, Its between 5-6,000 miles. Still an insane amount but what can I say....I'm addicted. :P Anyways, my advice here is simply stop or don't run if you're just not feeling it or get frustrated, you're not helping yourself at all in that instance. Just some friendly advice from a long time hot lapper with the same goal as you. And, I'm pretty passionate about it. ;)

Happy Holidays

I know where you are coming from. With all the miles I have put into these events over the years, I have seen it all. Had days where I would best my time on the few few laps and then had days where it would seem that I totally forgot how to drive and couldn't come close to my time. :boggled: After all these years, I have come to one conclusion. If you start out bad and just aren't feeling it, stop because you are only going to be :banghead: the rest of the day. Saves me a lot of frustrated miles. If you start out hot, by all means, do not stop until you absolutely can't do anymore. There were times where I was so hot that I could incubate chickens in my armpits and I stopped short for whatever reason and ended up regretting it because I knew I could have done better. In GT5, it was nothing for me to put 7-8,000 miles into an event, sometime more. Now, Its between 5-6,000 miles. Still an insane amount but what can I say....I'm addicted. :P Anyways, my advice here is simply stop or don't run if you're just not feeling it or get frustrated, you're not helping yourself at all in that instance. Just some friendly advice from a long time hot lapper with the same goal as you. And, I'm pretty passionate about it. ;)

Happy Holidays
Spot on cargo mate... I should just turn it off more on the bad runs. I always feel like if i switch it off what if i would of nailed that one lap and now iv missed it haha... Definately driving hot tonite though so hopefully ill catch that damn sw10 and saidur and take my spot back! :lol:

Spot on cargo mate... I should just turn it off more on the bad runs. I always feel like if i switch it off what if i would of nailed that one lap and now iv missed it haha... Definately driving hot tonite though so hopefully ill catch that damn sw10 and saidur and take my spot back! :lol:

Well I can tell you that absolutely nothing good ever comes out of those bad days. You only end up getting more frustrated. I have never improved on days where I started out bad, never. Its the whole mind set thing. Once its in your head that you are having a bad day, it doesn't go away until you take a break until the next day. You just end up over driving the car and trying too hard, and more and more frustration sets in. My Dad, Rest In Peace, gave me some good advice a long time ago....never drive angry. Holds true in video games as well. ;) I usually know within the first half hour, or less if its going to be bad, if its going to into a futile effort and then I just quit and do something else and come back the next day with a clear and positive mindset, forgetting about what happened the previous day. Anyway, good luck to you, I know you'll get your spot back. ;) :cheers:

Well I can tell you that absolutely nothing good ever comes out of those bad days. You only end up getting more frustrated. I have never improved on days where I started out bad, never. Its the whole mind set thing. Once its in your head that you are having a bad day, it doesn't go away until you take a break until the next day. You just end up over driving the car and trying too hard, and more and more frustration sets in. My Dad, Rest In Peace, gave me some good advice a long time ago....never drive angry. Holds true in video games as well. ;) I usually know within the first half hour, or less if its going to be bad, if its going to into a futile effort and then I just quit and do something else and come back the next day with a clear and positive mindset, forgetting about what happened the previous day. Anyway, good luck to you, I know you'll get your spot back. ;) :cheers:
Too true, and thanks mate, ill do my best ;)

Urgh i give up with this, i knew there was a reason i dont do tuning TTs. Just watched rajmans 53.8, he barely touches the brake through sector 1, that simply is not possible with my terrible tune, just as i thought i had myself a decent tune :-(

Back