600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 231 comments
Im at a 55.1 and done around 4k miles now and STILL spoon to the finish is where i lose ALL my time. :banghead:

I just have to keep telling myself theres no such thing as CANT! :yuck:

Well my new 55.1 at least puts me #1 in UK... First time ever. Hopefully get that final tenth needed and jump to 8th... Be my first top 10 too :)
4k miles? Damn you've been busy, I can't get that sort of mileage even if I have two weeks :eek: !! Great time man!! And there's still time untill 24th day to nail the rest of the lap so I don't think you don't have to worry about it at all 👍

And I believe there is no such thing as CANT :lol: Maybe there something called "can't" but I don't really believe in such things either :lol:

Im at a 55.1 and done around 4k miles now and STILL spoon to the finish is where i lose ALL my time. :banghead:

Well my new 55.1 at least puts me #1 in UK... First time ever. Hopefully get that final tenth needed and jump to 8th... Be my first top 10 too :)

Holy ****, 4000Miles?!? Thats 1/3 of my entire GT milage hahaha! I have done about 300miles, half of that was spent trying to learn the track lol. That means your in front of me then dam it, bad news for you is that i have another 3 tenths to gain, but i am struggling on that last chicane too. My fastest lap so far was actually a perfect lap until i screwed that chicane. My best will be a 54.8.

When does this trial end??? I fear i may not get time to have another crack at it before it ends.... I want the UK #1 ;-).

Holy ****, 4000Miles?!? Thats 1/3 of my entire GT milage hahaha! I have done about 300miles, half of that was spent trying to learn the track lol. That means your in front of me then dam it, bad news for you is that i have another 3 tenths to gain, but i am struggling on that last chicane too. My fastest lap so far was actually a perfect lap until i screwed that chicane. My best will be a 54.8.

When does this trial end??? I fear i may not get time to have another crack at it before it ends.... I want the UK #1 ;-).
Time's will be registered up until 12/24/2014 23:00EST... It's actually a 3-weeks long event instead of the standard 2-weeks long, for what reason, I do not know. Good luck getting the fastest UK driver spot, there are quite a few speed demons from the U.K. in this thread! :D

Time's will be registered up until 12/24/2014 23:00EST... It's actually a 3-weeks long event instead of the standard 2-weeks long, for what reason, I do not know. Good luck getting the fastest UK driver spot, there are quite a few speed demons from the U.K. in this thread! :D

Nice, thanks, I should get time for another crack then. Yea i keep an eye on the leaderboards but i never properly do the TTs, i just do enough to get gold for the money.
I bought a G27 two weeks ago and i really struggled to get the hang of it, it is so much faster than a DFGT so from now on i'll be giving the TTs a go :-), probably not so much the tuning ones as i can't tune to save my life, it's pure luck that i got a good tune for this lol. I never used to like Suzuka either, I always avoided it and i don't know it, Suzuka + new G27 = a nice learning curve. I am always racing online though.

What are good differential settings for the ZZII? I'm useless at setting up 4wds:boggled:. I'm about to give Mr P's tune a run hopefully improve my time some.

Thanks I'll give that a whirl :cheers:

Edit - 158.529 for 554th... Moved up 500 places so stoked haha. ZZII is such a strange feeling car imo

Last edited:
4,000 miles on one Seasonal Event?! OMG! I feel like I play this game WAY too much and I'm only at 24,000 miles in an entire year of playing... :lol: Wow...That's dedication! :D
Haha my overall milage is only 27k... My problem was that all my racing experience was always done in race cars such as gt500 and le mans, on racing tyres so when i attempted academy last year i just wasnt comfortable or anywhere near good enough to qualify... Think i was alwas between 1.4 and 1.7 seconds behind immortal or whoever else was at #1. So i came onto the forums, met a great bunch of guys and new friends and just concentrated on doing the seasonals, learning to drive road cars and low grip tyres. Iv improved greatly in the last 4 months. Make my day just to reach nationals this year hopefully :)

Hitting those bloody fast lap times clean now I've swapped cars too (Nissan Vision VGT), low 2:06's and the occasional 2:04/5 if I can keep it on the track :lol:, just need to be consistent instead of hot and cold with laps...:banghead:

Haha my overall milage is only 27k... My problem was that all my racing experience was always done in race cars such as gt500 and le mans, on racing tyres so when i attempted academy last year i just wasnt comfortable or anywhere near good enough to qualify... Think i was alwas between 1.4 and 1.7 seconds behind immortal or whoever else was at #1. So i came onto the forums, met a great bunch of guys and new friends and just concentrated on doing the seasonals, learning to drive road cars and low grip tyres. Iv improved greatly in the last 4 months. Make my day just to reach nationals this year hopefully :)

Are you going to be eligible for the Academy if you have racing experiance?

Impressive effort 👍, I'm not up to 8K total yet and that took me a while to rack up so I can only imagine how it must feel to do half of that mileage on a seasonal just a week in with another two weeks to go at time of your post.

I might run some laps on this one as I've yet to drive the updated Suzuka and the track is always fun to drive.

Are you going to be eligible for the Academy if you have racing experiance?
I thought that was regarding GT5/6 driving.

Last edited:
Another 20-30 miles done and I've improved to 1:56.393 #66 :boggled: :D and there's still more left if I can optimize my lines. :crazy: :nervous:

Damn, I definitely need more practice. Very nice time :eek::bowdown:.

Hope to improve a bit myself but I won't come close to you anytime soon.

EDIT: Did just get myself in the 56's with a 1:56,809, so only half a second to gain, :D

Last edited:
Impressive effort 👍, I'm not up to 8K total yet and that took me a while to rack up so I can only imagine how it must feel to do half of that mileage on a seasonal just a week in with another two weeks to go at time of your post.

I might run some laps on this one as I've yet to drive the updated Suzuka and the track is always fun to drive.

I thought that was regarding GT5/6 driving.
Game experience is what i meant. Real life iv only done track days

Made the top ten with a 1.55.0xx and dropped a few tenths after spoon... 54.7 i think will be my limit

Thats on my 4th zzII aswell... Been trying all the combinations with/without wing, with/without oil change, all the different turbos, various gear flips... Yeah iv put some time into this seasonal for sure...

Only disappointing thing is... It took me that many miles to get down to this time and others were already here or a touch behind in a third of as many laps as iv done... To stand a chance of winning just the nationals you have to be able to reach these times with a lot less attempts and time....

Last edited:
Well dag-naam it, I've made it into the 55's :eek: :crazy:

It was hard work for over an hour but I'm there @#38 with a lap time of 1:55.844....It's gonna be difficult trying to do better now, but I will come back and persevere until I cannot stand it any longer. :D 👍

Nice work in short time w/ the ZZII! 👍 Your like a sling shot out of the hairpin (especially), Awesome! :bowdown:

Haven't done a TT in awhile so pretty happy w/ a 1:57.385 so far. Great combo imo.

Only disappointing thing is... It took me that many miles to get down to this time and others were already here or a touch behind in a third of as many laps as iv done... To stand a chance of winning just the nationals you have to be able to reach these times with a lot less attempts and time....
The fastest players are up there in a third of laps you've done because they have a mix of high mileage in GT (some from GT1 to GT6) and raw talent in different percentage, look on the bright side, 4000 miles is like building muscle mass at the gym, later you'll be able to lift the same kilos with less effort.
If you keep the same mileage pace in the next TT's you'll be in the GT Academy national finals without any doubt.

Mate, don't worry so much about the gaming at the finals. If you show up super fit for the fitness, super confident and relaxed at the media, and super quick in the auto cross, you can have a poor gaming score and you'll still make it through...

You're doing a great job up to now and you've still got months to get better.

I think I have managed to gather quite good tune from this thread based on @Mr P tune with suggested modifications from @Stotty, @IBZ6L20VT provided me whit some proper LSD and I've been tripping balls after what he gave me, he also provided me with the knowledge that people in top ten have wings so I have added that too!! Really good times possible and seems to me like well balanced 👍

95 50
13.70 14.66
1 1
10 10
7 7
0 0
-20 -20
2 10

power at 93.9 and high turbo

reset gears
initial 3.850
max speed min
1 min (all the way left :D that's the lsd speaking)
2 min
3 don't touch
4 1.933
5 max (all the way right)
6 max

initial final 2.500

LSD (WARNING: might cause some very abstract behavior :lol:) front 5/28/5 rear 5/60/5
Power distribution 40:60

DF 150 360

ballast 70 at 50

So most of this is just picked up from the forum and it seems to work well, so thanks once more for all people sharing tunes and information :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
The fastest players are up there in a third of laps you've done because they have a mix of high mileage in GT (some from GT1 to GT6) and raw talent in different percentage, look on the bright side, 4000 miles is like building muscle mass at the gym, later you'll be able to lift the same kilos with less effort.
If you keep the same mileage pace in the next TT's you'll be in the GT Academy national finals without any doubt.
I can see your point and i appreciate everyones positive comments. I wont give up and like i said just reaching nationals and competing would be huge in my eyes. Be nice to meet some of you guys in person too. Glad i found these forums. Made the whole experience a more fun and enjoyable place to be part of. Good to all the guys who are putting the time and effort in. Ill post my tune so you can see what i did and hopefully it may help some others.

Thanks guys 👍

@ODB man, that tune is superb!!

I was dying on 1:57.1. Applied that tune and pulled it down to 1:55.8 in about 40 mins. I've Only done 190 miles on this TT after debating ignoring it, but it's fun now with your tune :cheers:

Being rank 42 and still over half a second behind everyone on my friends list hurts though..:nervous:

New zz with no wing added, no oil change, improved body rigidity

High turbo w/ 89.4% power

95/50 rh
7.70/11.80 sr
1/1
1/1
6/6
0.0 0.0
-0.10/-0.10

Brakes 6/6

L.S.D
5/5
30/44
5/6

40:60 split

Transmission, set to default, max speed 137mph

1) 3.489
2) 2.660
3) 2.190
4) 1.805
5) 1.492
6) 1.259

Set final to 2.510
DF 150/180

If you keep the same mileage pace in the next TT's you'll be in the GT Academy national finals without any doubt.[/QUOTE]

Disregard my post. Hit quote by accident.

Back