600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 231 comments
@Konnichiwa Are you saying that we should be using Racing Hard (RH) tires for this event? It seems like you must be using the ZZII '00 car. That does indeed have a lot of horsepower. What tire do you believe should be used for this event with that particular car?

EDIT: Thank you for the tune @praiano63. Got gold with my first clean lap. 2:02.230... This is a track I struggle with, so I am sure there is more time out on the track for me to dispose of. :)

EDIT 2: I noticed that several people on my friend's list are using Active Steering: Strong for this event. Is there something, in particular, with this track that is making people enable that feature?

Last edited:
EDIT 2: I noticed that several people on my friend's list are using Active Steering: Strong for this event. Is there something, in particular, with this track that is making people enable that feature?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't find AS a help on this one. I'm using @Mr_P tune with max front/min rear ride,-0.20 of rear toe and higher rear brake bias... and the rear of the car is still very stable on corner entry. And with a 40:60 torque split, the car doesn't oversteer on exits either.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't find AS a help on this one. I'm using @Mr_P tune with max front/min rear ride,-0.20 of rear toe and higher rear brake bias... and the rear of the car is still very stable on corner entry. And with a 40:60 torque split, the car doesn't oversteer on exits either.
Yeah, Praiano's tune calls for max front, min rear as well... It seems to rotate nicely and cuts through the Esses decently too.

I posted my question to Konnichiwa before I ran the event. I honestly don't think SS tires are losing grip even in the slightest (longitudinally). To me, these tires are more than adequate for this combo. I'm not the greatest driver, so I'm glad we didn't have to use SH tires, but with some throttle control, it would definitely be doable. I know a lot of people like to just slam their foot to the floor, but that's just not always an option depending on the situation.

@Konnichiwa Are you saying that we should be using Racing Hard (RH) tires for this event? It seems like you must be using the ZZII '00 car. That does indeed have a lot of horsepower. What tire do you believe should be used for this event with that particular car?

EDIT: Thank you for the tune @praiano63. Got gold with my first clean lap. 2:02.230... This is a track I struggle with, so I am sure there is more time out on the track for me to dispose of. :)

Not always! Cars that have over 600+ bhp or around 550 should use better tyres!! This event, with the ZZII ist let's say ok, this car is 4WD, and it gives you solid grip even on those sport tyres. But it's ridiculous that s Subaru Concept have same tyres if I'm not wrong, which is stupid not mention the track which not suit the car performance and where you can't max this car!!

I've said it, when we have an amazing car it comes with bad track or good track bad car or tyres that come With the set up car!!

They should better balance the events, b'koz I see no point when I drive s Concept car with 550+ bhp but have damn rollerblades instead a tyres, so, where's the fun in that? I can't see any fun!

It's just my opinion, I respect not only your when you say something against my opinion or so, but everyone's!

HAhAhahahaha, just started driving on that that tommykaira for the first time, I thought I had forgotten how to drive or this car must suck really badly, but seems like maybe SS tire will help :lol:

ODB
HAhAhahahaha, just started driving on that that tommykaira for the first time, I thought I had forgotten how to drive or this car must suck really badly, but seems like maybe SS tire will help :lol:

It's better, but it still sucks on SS :lol:

ODB

Well, I'm not the best Driver in GT6 at all, but to say that the Tommykaira sucks is simply wrong!
I just used the Setup (tune) from shaunm80 (which - by exception - I prefer over the Praiano-Tunes and the car behaves beautifully!
I'm currently in # 553 with a 1:58,721
The funny Thing is, that the car drives quicker laps with ASC (Active Stability Control = ON !!!
Traction Control off.
Looking to shave some tenths still from my time now...

Edit: forgot to mention the Custom Wing C/C/E and max. Downforce (of course)

Not always! Cars that have over 600+ bhp or around 550 should use better tyres!! This event, with the ZZII ist let's say ok, this car is 4WD, and it gives you solid grip even on those sport tyres. But it's ridiculous that s Subaru Concept have same tyres if I'm not wrong, which is stupid not mention the track which not suit the car performance and where you can't max this car!!

I've said it, when we have an amazing car it comes with bad track or good track bad car or tyres that come With the set up car!!

They should better balance the events, b'koz I see no point when I drive s Concept car with 550+ bhp but have damn rollerblades instead a tyres, so, where's the fun in that? I can't see any fun!

It's just my opinion, I respect not only your when you say something against my opinion or so, but everyone's!
Please do not misunderstand me. I totally respect your opinion and everybody's opinion. I might not always agree with everybody when it comes to GT6 features, physics, tires, brakes, etc., but I do like to try and understand where someone is coming from when they form their opinions - mainly when they differ from mine, of course...

I guess I'm still having trouble understanding what you mean by "better" tires. Not counting the off-road/rain tires, GT6 has 9 tire grades. Are you saying we need to have MORE slightly varying levels of tire grippiness (is that a word? :D)?

Please do not misunderstand me. I totally respect your opinion and everybody's opinion. I might not always agree with everybody when it comes to GT6 features, physics, tires, brakes, etc., but I do like to try and understand where someone is coming from when they form their opinions - mainly when they differ from mine, of course...

I guess I'm still having trouble understanding what you mean by "better" tires. Not counting the off-road/rain tires, GT6 has 9 tire grades. Are you saying we need to have MORE slightly varying levels of tire grippiness (is that a word? :D)?

By "better"tyres I meant in 80% of the SE they should put better gripy tyres for all cars!!

I said with the Tomy Caira, it's an 4wd, it have a lot grip, but let's say Racing Hard wouldn't be a bad choice either for example.

We don't need more variable tyres, those that we have so far are enough, but racing tyres are so far the most unused tyres in SE, that's the fact, and if you ask me, we can have with those tyres amazing racing here, more precise, driving and at the end more competitive.

Second, everyone will agree with me that Laguna Seca + Honda Weider was the best SE! It was just breathtaking, the car, track, I never drove 1500km on a SE as I did on this event.

From that SE till now, look how"interesting"the SE are, it's pathetic!

My general thought about this topic is when they chose a car/track, chose that the car "fits"to the track, that you have some room to drive different. Combination car/tyres are the most important to me, if I have rollerblades on my car then no one can say to me"it's an amazing SE", it's not. Fun to drive maybe but drive competitive level is something different.

Well, I'm not the best Driver in GT6 at all, but to say that the Tommykaira sucks is simply wrong!
I just used the Setup (tune) from shaunm80 (which - by exception - I prefer over the Praiano-Tunes and the car behaves beautifully!
I'm currently in # 553 with a 1:58,721
The funny Thing is, that the car drives quicker laps with ASC (Active Stability Control = ON !!!
Traction Control off.
Looking to shave some tenths still from my time now...

Edit: forgot to mention the Custom Wing C/C/E and max. Downforce (of course)

Yeah, car is not so bad as it first felt but still very far from my favorite, track is really great and new so I thought it would be good to get to know it, so I ran something like 300km on it and in the progress made even couple of good laps :cheers: I was using @Mr P tune with @Stotty modifications (thank you very muck :bowdown:)

By "better"tyres I meant in 80% of the SE they should put better gripy tyres for all cars!!

I said with the Tomy Caira, it's an 4wd, it have a lot grip, but let's say Racing Hard wouldn't be a bad choice either for example.

We don't need more variable tyres, those that we have so far are enough, but racing tyres are so far the most unused tyres in SE, that's the fact, and if you ask me, we can have with those tyres amazing racing here, more precise, driving and at the end more competitive.

Second, everyone will agree with me that Laguna Seca + Honda Weider was the best SE! It was just breathtaking, the car, track, I never drove 1500km on a SE as I did on this event.

From that SE till now, look how"interesting"the SE are, it's pathetic!

My general thought about this topic is when they chose a car/track, chose that the car "fits"to the track, that you have some room to drive different. Combination car/tyres are the most important to me, if I have rollerblades on my car then no one can say to me"it's an amazing SE", it's not. Fun to drive maybe but drive competitive level is something different.

Well, some people like challenges. Life would be so boring if everything is right where they belong.

Well, some people like challenges. Life would be so boring if everything is right where they belong.

Nicely say, we need changes. Please tell me when we have last time racing hard/slick tyres....

Then say "we need changes" :)

cmt
Thanks - will give this a try as I can't get under 2:02 at the moment with the Audi LMQ
Knocked off a few tenths but still stuck on 2:02.562 in the Audi LMQ so jumped back in my ZZII & tried out the Shaunm80 tune. Got it down to 2:01.023 with a few twitches so targeting sub-2:00 now!

I was exactly the same too... Normally ill push and push and 2000 miles later when iv reached my limit i turn active steering on and see if i can drag any more out of it... Active steering wasnt a help at all in this track/car combo....found i was losing 3/4 tenths over the lap or completely cocking it up... 9 times out of 10 though it usually helps... Thats what ive found in the last 4 month of seasonals

Road cars don't belong on slick tyres, no matter how much power they have.

Personally, the best SE IMO was the LFA at Brand Hatch... the Weider LS event was a good one as an infrequent diversion, but that car required very little finesse to drive. You could throw it in to the corners following a brief stab of the brakes and smash the gas pedal as soon as you got to the apex... fine on a car like the Weider, but that's not how 'normal' cars drive.

Lower grip tyres require more precise driving than high grip. You have to control entry and exit speed much more carefully and this, for me, is much more of an enjoyable challenge (and a far more realistic driving experience) than something like the Weider or the Senna F3 at Madrid.

If your window for enjoyment is restricted to a c.600ppt race cars with masses of downforce and slick tyres you're not going to get a lot of events like that.

Road cars don't belong on slick tyres, no matter how much power they have.

Personally, the best SE IMO was the LFA at Brand Hatch... the Weider LS event was a good one as an infrequent diversion, but that car required very little finesse to drive. You could throw it in to the corners following a brief stab of the brakes and smash the gas pedal as soon as you got to the apex... fine on a car like the Weider, but that's not how 'normal' cars drive.

Lower grip tyres require more precise driving than high grip. You have to control entry and exit speed much more carefully and this, for me, is much more of an enjoyable challenge (and a far more realistic driving experience) than something like the Weider or the Senna F3 at Madrid.

If your window for enjoyment is restricted to a c.600ppt race cars with masses of downforce and slick tyres you're not going to get a lot of events like that.

I didn't say that every SE should have slick tyres or the hard compound, NO! I respect your opinion but for a change put hard slick on a car that have over 600+ bhp would be great, just for a change.

On 4wd you can put y tyre you want there would be grip anyway, but on other cars with high bhp but crapy tyres then i see no point driving the car with rollerblades instead tyres!

On 4wd you can put y tyre you want there would be grip anyway, but on other cars with high bhp but crapy tyres then i see no point driving the car with rollerblades instead tyres!

I won't comment on the ZZII anymore as you seem to see that SS are enough for that car with 600bhp and 4WD :)

I assume that you think the other current SE (NSX-R LM Roadcar at RBR) should also be on 'better' tyres as well?

For me, that event is a perfect example of a SE with the right tyres for the performance of the car and event enjoyment - with that event, you have to manage the grip very carefully to get the maximum performance out of the car. When braking, you have to be extremely careful to get your trail braking spot on to avoid losing the rear, and on the exit you have to precisely manage the throttle to avoid wheelspin/oversteer. The challenge level to run a fast lap is just right, and the satisfaction of running a fast lap is high.

This is much more like driving a real car.

One of the best experiences I remember in GT6 was lapping a stock 458 at Tsukuba on comfort hard tyres (interestingly, lap times were very similar to those the car achieves in real life). With no aids other than ABS1, it was a proper thrill, with the car constantly over or under steering and requiring 100% concentration and quick reactions to catch the slides. If you watch footage of this car being driven on track by motoring journalists in real life, this is what the driving experience looks like - fast, exciting, challenging.

Not sure what controller you're using but I know powerful cars can be hard to drive with a DS3, but there are people out there who are very fast even without a wheel - @matej2547 @Ed_Night @numbnuts70 for example.

I won't comment on the ZZII anymore as you seem to see that SS are enough for that car with 600bhp and 4WD :)

I assume that you think the other current SE (NSX-R LM Roadcar at RBR) should also be on 'better' tyres as well?

For me, that event is a perfect example of a SE with the right tyres for the performance of the car and event enjoyment - with that event, you have to manage the grip very carefully to get the maximum performance out of the car. When braking, you have to be extremely careful to get your trail braking spot on to avoid losing the rear, and on the exit you have to precisely manage the throttle to avoid wheelspin/oversteer. The challenge level to run a fast lap is just right, and the satisfaction of running a fast lap is high.

This is much more like driving a real car.

One of the best experiences I remember in GT6 was lapping a stock 458 at Tsukuba on comfort hard tyres (interestingly, lap times were very similar to those the car achieves in real life). With no aids other than ABS1, it was a proper thrill, with the car constantly over or under steering and requiring 100% concentration and quick reactions to catch the slides. If you watch footage of this car being driven on track by motoring journalists in real life, this is what the driving experience looks like - fast, exciting, challenging.

Not sure what controller you're using but I know powerful cars can be hard to drive with a DS3, but there are people out there who are very fast even without a wheel - @matej2547 @Ed_Night @numbnuts70 for example.

You don't have to preach me here about this game and real life performance.

I'm still insisting that strong bhp cars have underpowered tyres. The drive is like on ice, for me not interesting.

I'm still insisting that strong bhp cars have underpowered tyres. The drive is like on ice, for me not interesting.
Driving on ice covered asphalt on my 90BHP Vito makes me feel like I have slapped comfort tires under Lotus 97T(little less turbo though :lol:) and drving in traffic don't get much more fun than that :cheers:

And more I have done laps on this TT more and more there seems to be grip, but I guess it's just matter of getting used to a certain grip level and since we mostly get these TT's on low grip tires, it's good to get used to it 👍

ODB
Driving on ice covered asphalt on my 90BHP Vito makes me feel like I have slapped comfort tires under Lotus 97T(little less turbo though :lol:) and drving in traffic don't get much more fun than that :cheers:

And more I have done laps on this TT more and more there seems to be grip, but I guess it's just matter of getting used to a certain grip level and since we mostly get these TT's on low grip tires, it's good to get used to it 👍
Look it's an 4wd it's normal that the his car grips as hell, but when you have 500bhp+ on comfort tyres then your fun is gone quicky.

Look it's an 4wd it's normal that the his car grips as hell, but when you have 500bhp+ on comfort tyres then your fun is gone quicky.

Well I believe that, part of the fun of driving on ice comes from the fact that I'm going 30km/h to the corner and I really have to work to keep the traction :lol: If I were driving some 500BHP monster in traffic even on summer trying to find grip limits, I bet nobody would have fun and most likely something terrible would happen :rolleyes: but this is a game and nobody gets killed or even physically hurt, so PD might as well offer us these bit insane combos where we have far more power than grip, and I think the game physics come trough better when there's less grip...

But yeah, I was doing some grinding on that Senna WRS TT and as @Stotty mentioned there we had low power combined with huge tire AND DF grip, but as I got closer and closer to the cars limits, the feeling of that excess grip was basically gone, so no matter what sort of grip level you are driving, the grip limit is what you are looking for, and I think PD is actually very kind to offer us these events where we don't have to have housefly reflects to be able to find those limits!!

But yeah, not really my favorite thing to drive AWD car with this much power and low grip, feeling of the front pushing is really the most irritating thing that car can produce, but just gather good speed for corners and try to coast trough the part you have to do the actual steering, it's a little different driving but driving never the less.

EDIT: Oh, I seem to be .001 seconds behind @SW__10 :D getting closer :lol:

RE-EDIT: Ok so now it's .001 ahead of @SW__10 :lol: damn I just missed that turn in on the chicane, probably lost there at least .2 :crazy: hmm, couple of more laps and I think I have to go and check what's going on at RBR, I think it's gonna be bit different story there :lol:

RE-RE-EDIT: Ok so I did lot better on that chicane and there really was .2 seconds with even quite mediocre drive trough. 1:55.361 now I think it's really time to go see what the hell is going on at RBR :lol:

Last edited:
Started out with a stock ZZII and making a tune of my own which resulted in a 1:57,958 (using DS3)

But have to catch @lisanorm and @nowcontrol so used the tune from @praiano63 (BIG thanks :bowdown:) and got to a 1:57.356.

I'm still losing time from Spoon to the finish line, even if it seems a relatively easy part of the lap.

Must keep trying.....

Last edited:
Im at a 55.1 and done around 4k miles now and STILL spoon to the finish is where i lose ALL my time. :banghead:

I just have to keep telling myself theres no such thing as CANT! :yuck:

Well my new 55.1 at least puts me #1 in UK... First time ever. Hopefully get that final tenth needed and jump to 8th... Be my first top 10 too :)

Last edited:
Back