600pp Non-Racing Cars & Tuned Cars Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 252 comments
The time of the italian guy at P1 has been canceled, so we know he was cheating.
I don't know what they change, but it's obvious that they have more grip.

Good. No place for cheaters. Talent and hard work always prospers.... Or just kill everyone faster than you ;)

Ok quick question. My internets down atm, got a problem with the BT LINE coming into the house. Running at about 1.8mb instead of 12/13mb... Coming out to sort it tommorow. Anyway, iv heard the physics are alot different between single time trial and multiplayer, so... Iv just used that nsx tune that ODB listed and run about 5 laps. Now i honestly, cant drive this car at all. Im hopeless in it. The back end is crazy. Did 3 laps which would have ended up with me in A&E and the nsx on the scrap heap then managed to get a 51.1 on my first clean lap. Sort of realised if i exit every corner in 3rd i dont die? Next lap iv just set a 50.7 and it was scruffy...... Now not that i wanna get all excited for when i can actually set a time online but how much different are the physics? What time should i expect to be able to set... I reckon im half a second down EASY if not more.. Like i say im cr*p in this car....

P.s it makes no difference what tune is on the car. Its just one i could never get to grips with. Any clean lap is like gold to me.

Last edited:
The time of the italian guy at P1 has been canceled, so we know he was cheating.
Shame the other couple times are still on there, hopefully they check them as well. Might try this again and also with NSX now that competing for 1st position is more possible to do.

@Evo19uk I could only manage a 51.415 in the nsx.. It's just so delicate after the ZZ. I wasted a couple of days on it and never really got near the pace.

Also I was under the impression it was slower offline? Are your PP and tyres correct??

@Evo19uk I could only manage a 51.415 in the nsx.. It's just so delicate after the ZZ. I wasted a couple of days on it and never really got near the pace.

Also I was under the impression it was slower offline? Are your PP and tyres correct??

Yes sports soft, 600pp... Im shocked as u are...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 10
Well I hope it is the same online! You're an excellent driver, but a top 10 spot after only a couple of laps in the car seems alien like!

Well I hope it is the same online! You're an excellent driver, but a top 10 spot after only a couple of laps in the car seems alien like!

Trust me im no alien lol... Id of won that suzuka one if i was after 10,000 miles haha... My mate says its faster on single player, slightly more grip, i had a feeling more the opposite like you? I could TT on nurb 24 in my hsv on RS tyres at 620pp online and my best was 7.15.8... And that was leading from the front, no drafting etc... I could only manage a 7.17.5 on arcade tome trial even with a lap i thought was mint....

We will just have to wait and see i guess. This is the first day its been off completely. Been intermittent for last 2 weeks. Hope BT sort it for good tommorow!

Yeah because if you recreate the GTA final round from last year, it's impossible to take eau rouge flat.. It can't be done

Id struggle to recreate it now and those bloody CONES!! i remember i dropped to 5th briefly and back up to 6th... Cant remember whether i lifted... I know i didnt brake lol

I Was completely flat through there (and I was a total gt noob)

I just ran a few laps in the single player. It seems similar to me. I ran a pretty solid lap and it was a 51.6, i'd never pull off a 50.6. So maybe you're about to bash the top 10 with little effort!

Youve made me happier :D.. Thought id probably nt done something right somewhere in the settings. Bloody internet better come back on when it quietens down in the evening or late tonite :banghead:

ODB
85 85
4.43 6.61
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0
That's the idea of the baseline đź‘Ť

If you're struggling against the oversteer mid corner and exit, decrease the front height and/or rise up rear compression and extension, if you find the front end a bit dull, set the front springs stronger and you'll have more fun. :D

His time has been removed but he has posted another time, really a scruffy lap if you ask me and he got a 50.6 now :yuck:

If you're struggling against the oversteer mid corner and exit, decrease the front height and/or rise up rear compression and extension, if you find the front end a bit dull, set the front springs stronger and you'll have more fun. :D

Struggling is just the right word, can't really put my finger to it because it's everywhere :lol: naah, base tune is really quite sensitive but after really short test I'd say raising up rear dampers one click helped instantly, so thanks for the tips once again :cheers: They really come handy because my tuning knowledge is in really bad shape and seems like I don't have no direction to go, so really great stuff from all you guys sharing those vital tips đź‘Ť

Oh yeah, really nice video you have set up on PSN @eclipsee :D just amazing :dopey: :dopey:

ODB
base tune is really quite sensitive but after really short test I'd say raising up rear dampers one click helped instantly, so thanks for the tips once again :cheers: They really come handy because my tuning knowledge is in really bad shape and seems like I don't have no direction to go, so really great stuff from all you guys sharing those vital tips đź‘Ť
Likely my tuning knowledge is like yours, all is done via trial-error, before the base line I've tried minimum and mid ride height, the same goes for springs, dampers and ARB's, I've tried to add camber with no success, same with toe, downforce, adding ballast, tweaking power parts and so on, even I've tried an oil change, so you can see with that what's my tuning knowledge, between you and me, don't tell anyone but GT car settings is a mess.

BTW, if you increase rear dampers that will help on neutralising oversteer a bit but if you increase them more than 5 or 6 you'll get too much oversteer when exiting the curve, I've tried it too, I prefer 1/1 rear dampers though.

Likely my tuning knowledge is like yours, all is done via trial-error, before the base line I've tried minimum and mid ride height, the same goes for springs, dampers and ARB's, I've tried to add camber with no success, same with toe, downforce, adding ballast, tweaking power parts and so on, even I've tried an oil change, so you can see with that what's my tuning knowledge, between you and me, don't tell anyone but GT car settings is a mess.

BTW, if you increase rear dampers that will help on neutralising oversteer a bit but if you increase them more than 5 or 6 you'll get too much oversteer when exiting the curve, I've tried it too, I prefer 1/1 rear dampers though.

What goes for tuning knowledge I really have to admit that one of my biggest problem is lack the of consistency, testing some settings can be really frustrating when I first of all haven't got much experiment on tuning and most of the time I keep slipping out of shape for so many other reasons than how the car is tuned that I end up as a nerve wreck in one afternoon fiddling whit the tune :lol: so I really appreciate you for sharing your findings :cheers:

I think I'll keep the tune I posted and try tomorrow if I can make some improvement, I actually started to fall towards more open initial and brake torque to make the car even more loose, now I just have to keep the car in balance with throttle, it's really difficult but from time to time I manage to keep the car under control, for at least couple of corners in a row :lol:

ODB
What goes for tuning knowledge I really have to admit that one of my biggest problem is lack the of consistency, testing some settings can be really frustrating...

That's why I look at some of the posts in the camber threads and have a laugh to myself.

If you want to know if something works or not you need someone like Ramon to test it, not someone who's 2s off a cars potential in GT6 but knows a bit about real life tuning :lol:

Last edited:
That's why I look at some of the posts in the camber threads and have a laugh to myself.

If you want to know if something works or not you need someone like Ramon to test it, not someone who's 2s off a cars potential :lol:

Exactly, it's literally priceless knowledge!!!

Just noticed ramon never lifts of the throttle completely at virtually every corner whilst braking for entry... I constantly get the back end oversteering under braking because i lift completely.. Im guess that little bit of drive forwards with the throttle is helping maintain the traction massively....
Always lose the backend on exit too, dont feel like im over doing it with the throttle as im driving extremely carefully because of this reason, im avoiding first gear and shortshifting to 3rd on exit too.... Maybe the entry and rotation on braking is my only main issue/weakness with this car...

That's not true and that's not what it does at all. All it does basically is correct for oversteer. It helps keep an otherwise loose car stable through the corners. It has nothing to do with trying to over ride your steering inputs for a proper racing line. All its doing is correcting oversteer.

I just said it "seems" that way. What you said here is an accurate description of what it is supposed to do (now that I read it in the menu :lol:). Also reading your description kinda explains why when I did try to use it, it would try to make corrections as soon as the brakes were applied. Hence an ill handling car trying to snap loose when brakes are applied...AS does what it is supposed to do and correct. It just felt like it was trying to bump me off my line, giving me the impression that I had. Thanks for the clarification. đź‘Ť

I just said it "seems" that way. What you said here is an accurate description of what it is supposed to do (now that I read it in the menu :lol:). Also reading your description kinda explains why when I did try to use it, it would try to make corrections as soon as the brakes were applied. Hence an ill handling car trying to snap loose when brakes are applied...AS does what it is supposed to do and correct. It just felt like it was trying to bump me off my line, giving me the impression that I had. Thanks for the clarification. đź‘Ť

No problems, we're all good. đź‘Ť

Latest Posts

Back