600pp Non-Racing Cars & Tuned Cars Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 252 comments
What I hate about the wheel is being unable to shift down in tight turns as I have no idea which paddle is for up or down when the wheel has made a few turns.

You should try keeping your hands on the wheel and just crossing your arms over. The only time I've ever had to take a hand off and turn more is the second corner of the stupid chapperal TT. :cheers:

Edit: damn @ODB AND @GTP_CargoRatt you beat me to it :lol:

Yes, it never seemed right that the wheel can turn so much. I read something about it somewhere, it might have been the link Stotty gave me when I first announced my wheel here.
Knowing that it needn't be that way now I'll look into changing it so it doesn't turn so much.
It reminded me of using the buttons when you have to lift your finger to move to the other button on a hard turn and in that split second you go off the track.
Use the gear shifter, and not the paddles on the steering wheel.
Tried the shifter, Hall, but it just doesn't feel right and the paddles are so much quicker I reckon.

Yes, it never seemed right that the wheel can turn so much. I read something about it somewhere, it might have been the link Stotty gave me when I first announced my wheel here.
Knowing that it needn't be that way now I'll look into changing it so it doesn't turn so much.
It reminded me of using the buttons when you have to lift your finger to move to the other button on a hard turn and in that split second you go off the track.

I would advise against changing the rotation of the wheel.

You need to work on your driving - if you're struggling to get enough lock on to get round a corner you're trying to carry too much entry speed and you're understeering! It's a common thing when moving from pad to wheel - I remember asking the same question myself when I couldn't get round the 1st few corners at Eiger.

Just stick with it and concentrate on getting your entry speed right 👍

It will come.

You need to work on your driving - if you're struggling to get enough lock on to get round a corner you're trying to carry too much entry speed and you're understeering! It's a common thing when moving from pad to wheel - I remember asking the same question myself when I couldn't get round the 1st few corners at Eiger.

It will come.
I was just about to say that keeping the wheel on stock rotation would probably be advicable since it enables more tolerance than smaller rotation.

With 1080 rotation I have no trouble keeping both hands on the wheel at Tsukuba TT, when car feels like it's pushing, instead of turning the wheel more just lift the throttle and front end will gain some grip, unless you are already turning the wheel too much!!

This might help. Don't know if the trick still works (not in front of my PS3 now, can't check, sorry). And I always use stock rotation.

You may also try to change values of the Controller Steering Sensitivity, Force Feedback Max. Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity.

Found three undocumented settings from G27, one of them removes deadzone from center, is this "we know it already" stuff and no need for topic at all?

Personally haven't know it before.

Instructions later if people think at this is something what they want to know.

G27_UDG_mini.jpg

[1+2] + O = ~670°
[1+2] + S = ~450°
[1+2] + X = 900° Resets to default
[1+2] + T = ~240°

1 and 2 buttons goes down almost same time, I have used order 1-2 and then selection without any specific delay, then releasing selection key and also 1 and 2 buttons.
*After many tests can say at just hold 1+2 down and then select TSOX-mode which you want to use.
Have done it everywhere, on track, on menus, so doesn't matter where, only doing it after wheel calibration, 'coz calibration resets these modes.
If you keep small tension on wheel when switching to 0deadzone mode you feel small *klak* and movement of wheel.
After successful mode change you feel it when turning wheel toward lock, there will be a FFB-engine powered lock what you feel on chosen radius.

I have figured this out yesterday so not much testing yet, hopefully somebody have time to test this also on PC, 100% sure at it will have effect on PS3.
Hardware coded feature, works on PS3 and PC.

G25 confirmed also to work same as G27
Works also on DFGT (1=start 2=select) (some works, some not..weird)

If you like it please tell me it also, and if understanding better some of those modes please tell here it also and we'll update this post.
(c)OdeFinn (lol)

ODB
With 1080 rotation I have no trouble keeping both hands on the wheel at Tsukuba TT, when car feels like it's pushing, instead of turning the wheel more just lift the throttle and front end will gain some grip, unless you are already turning the wheel too much!!

This 👍

If you need more than 180* of rotation you have understeer which will be slowing you down!

Steering lock degrees are a matter of personal taste. I made a while ago some test and found than I'm faster with my G27 locked at 450º. I must be smoother in straight line but the gain in fast response while cornering is crucial for me.

Took the ZZII straight frm Suzuka w/ @Evo19uk's tune for a 52.124. Should be able to squeeze a few more tenths out w/ some mods.

Iv modified it a bit mate, new gears. Were just too long for that event for my liking. Down to a 51.6 but not spent alot of time on it. Ill have a go tonight and post my tune for it mate.

Edit: A few tweaks and down to 51.371. Not sure if it's faster though.

Here's my ZZ tune based on praiano's. I've done a 51.474 but still at least 2/10 with this tune and not done many kms on this TT yet.

High rpm Turbo @89.4% power.
Full weight reduction
No oil change
Tried improving body rigidity but made me slower.

95/50
5.88/14.66
2/8
2/8
3/7
0/0
-0.10/-0.10

BB 4/8 6/6

LSD
5/5
5/40 30/40 (higher front setting seems to help)
5/5
30:70 35:65

DF 150/275 (front at max DF really helps) 150/215

Also added 20kg ballast @ 50

Trans
Set final to 5.000 & 220 kph
Set final to 3.700

Cheers
Leigh

Thanks for sharing your tune...I got gold on second lap with this tune...55.406

Steering lock degrees are a matter of personal taste. I made a while ago some test and found than I'm faster with my G27 locked at 450º. I must be smoother in straight line but the gain in fast response while cornering is crucial for me.
Fast response means abrupt steering, what you need to be fast is smoothness and precision, 900 or 1080 is the best choice, trust me, as when turning, more than 100 degrees of steering wheel rotation in a hairpin is not needed.

Just tried this seasonal with @Evo19uk ZZII Suzuka tune, managed to get 2nd fastest UK spot IIRC. Felt strange to drive in GT6 with steering wheel after playing GT3 just before, kept on going off into barrier on starting the lap :lol:. Amazing how fast the car is even though it doesn't feel that good to drive with a lot of understeer. I wonder if it is as easy to drive fast with the NSX, will try that next.

It will come.

Ah, finally something we agree on. :mischievous: :lol:

Yes, decided not to muck around with the 'rotation' business, I just don't know enough about the wheel yet to be doing things like that.
However I have come to realise that it might be the lack of weight on the wheel itself which is my problem. It appears to be like driving with super power steering, hardly any feed back at all when cornering.

Here are the numbers that I'm currently using, enough for a low 0:51 in my hands and enough for getting into 0:50 in some other better driver hands. This is a work in progress and I'm still fiddling with some figures trying to avoid such high amount of rear DF, but here we go:

Brakes:

BB 2/10

Suspension:

RH: 95/50
SR: 13.70/14.66
DC: 1/1
DE: 1/10
ARB: 7/7
CA: 0/0
TOE: +0.25/-0.50

Transmission:

Set final to 5.500
Set Max speed to Minimum
Adjust gears and final accordingly

FG: 4.550

LSD: Front: 5/35/5
Rear: 5/35/5

Torque distribution: 30/70

Engine:

Power Limiter: 93.9%
Turbo kit: High RPM

Body:

DF: 150/300
Ballast: 70 kg at +50

No oil change.

I didn't make any body rigidity improvement.

It has wing.

I hope it helps. If so, let me know ;):cheers:

Iv modified it a bit mate, new gears. Were just too long for that event for my liking. Down to a 51.6 but not spent alot of time on it. Ill have a go tonight and post my tune for it mate.

That would be much appreciated. 👍 I was hoping you would be able spice it up a bit and share. I messed around w/ it a little and gained a hair but, haven't been able to put much time into it.

For those of you who are still considering trying the NSX, here's something to compare with: I'm using @Ed_Night's NSX-tune with TC 1, ABS 1, AS Strong and Steering sensitivity 1 and got a 51:426. Should be a little more in it as i've been up 0.115 at T1. Highly recommendable; Thank you Ed!👍

Tried quite a few cars and couldn't get past silver. Until I used my NSX RLM and got the gold. This track is definitely not friendly with supercars and cars tuned for more open tracks. I just didn't want to play around with my settings on the other cars.

I am still hoping to have a go at theses new seasonals 👍
Haven't been online in last 8 days due to internet being down because of recent bush fire and lightning damage to our local WiMax tower :eek:

Had to rely on mobile phone for internet access and purchased a mobile broadband modem yesterday to get us through until the tower is fixed, hopefully before the 21st:crazy:

Hope I can just scrape in and lodge a reasonable time with some of the great tunes here:)

:cheers:

Edit - Just got home from work to find my internet has been restored WHOO HOO:lol:
Seasonals here I Come :D:D:D

Last edited:
I am still hoping to have a go at theses new seasonals 👍
Haven't been online in last 8 days due to internet being down because of recent bush fire and lightning damage to our local WiMax tower :eek:

Had to rely on mobile phone for internet access and purchased a mobile broadband modem yesterday to get us through until the tower is fixed, hopefully before the 21st:crazy:

Hope I can just scrape in and lodge a reasonable time with some of the great tunes here:)

:cheers:

Edit - Just got home from work to find my internet has been restored WHOO HOO:lol:
Seasonals here I Come :D:D:D

Look out he is back,to chase me down again :lol: thought you had been abducted by aliens :eek:.....Welcome back to the grind my friend :D

I couldn't get Gold with a Praiano tuned ZZII. I tuned my own MP4-12C and got nearly 2 seconds faster than gold. 54 something. I'm pretty sure the MP4 can get to the top of the leader board.

And definitely use soft tires not hard.
I thought I'd like a go with my MP4 but only got to go 'round twice. Looks pretty good. what tune you using?

Woohoo!!!

Finally made it into the 0:50 club! It took me more than expected, but I'm finally there, back to top20.

0:50.953.

I can't believe it right now!

Really amazing, great job amigo :cheers:

I have had couple of tries on last corner for possible sub 51s lap but I just keep messing it all up, and as long as I can remember this track from GT I have never been able to be consistent on damn last turn :ouch: On the other hand I really have to give it to the track designers how they have managed to make such a short and simple looking track so god damn horribly difficult :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: :lol:

ODB
Really amazing, great job amigo :cheers:

I have had couple of tries on last corner for possible sub 51s lap but I just keep messing it all up, and as long as I can remember this track from GT I have never been able to be consistent on damn last turn :ouch: On the other hand I really have to give it to the track designers how they have managed to make such a short and simple looking track so god damn horribly difficult :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: :lol:

It's a really technical one. I mean, it's quite simple until you try to squeeze out the max of it, then you realize how hard and complex it is.

That last turn is the best example. Even in my fastest lap, I lost some precious time there. Pretty hard corner to nail, and it's the last, making it more than frustrating.

It's a really technical one. I mean, it's quite simple until you try to squeeze out the max of it, then you realize how hard and complex it is.

That last turn is the best example. Even in my fastest lap, I lost some precious time there. Pretty hard corner to nail, and it's the last, making it more than frustrating.
Hahah, yeah it sure is quite demanding little track. Cunning people those Japanese, and very sufficient in using space :banghead: :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Really awesome job mate!! I watch my 51.1 replay and it looks inch perfect, so to pull out another 2 tenths is really well done :bowdown:

I am more stubborn than talented :dopey::lol:

Do we have a budding GTA contestant!?

I don't have quite high expectations on GT Academy. First of all because it has 10 times more people trying than the usual TT. Second, because in this very TT, just a few of us try to get the best out of the combo and in GT Academy, most of the people try to get as high as possible. A third one could be tuning, because in this TT, tuning is almost as important as good driving.

In any case, thanks for the praising 👍:cheers:

Back