60s/70s NASCAR Series

United States
Chicago
CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
I would like to introduce to you a 60s/70s US Muscle Car Series to pay homage to muscle cars and pioneering in American racing. This Series will use muscle cars from that era.

LOTS OF PRIZES TO BE AWARDED, LOTS OF RARE PAINT AND RARE CARS TO WIN!!!
Prizes also to include Museum Cards, Car Parts, Horns, Race Suits and Helmets.

Open Lobby : 60s/70s US MUSCLE

I will gift winners gt5 prizes to daily point winners!

Roster

1. CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - Cougar RX-7
2. dowhat13 - Mustang Mach 1
3. Rorshak16 - Camaro Z28 RM
4. abetterplaya - Trans Cammer or Pontiac GTO
5. Rocklobster - Mustang Mach 1
6. Kalmiya117 - Challenger RM
7. capn crunch 1 - pending car selection
8. Droptop2001gt - Trans-Cammer
9. Furinkazen - Challenger RM
10. RemyKock - pending car selection
11. COOLfiat555 - pending car selection
12. couch_potato654 - Charger R/T or GT350R
13. ezrock001 - Cuda
14. haz-r-ds - Mach 1
15. gorgamite - Mach 1
16. u_r_lol - Buick Special

New Schedule (TIMES NOT OFFICIAL)
Friday @ 8pm cdt
Saturday @ 11am cdt
Sunday @ 11am cdt

Tracks (OFFICIAL)
Daytona (25% of Races)
Indy (20% of Races)
Daytona Rd (15% of Races)
Indy Rd (15% of Races)
Mazda Laguna Seca (5% of Races)
High Speed Ring (5% of Races)
Tokyo Kart Short Track (5% of Races)
High Speed 2 mile Dirt Oval (5% of Races)
Road Course of my choose (5% of Races)

EXAMPLE:

Friday
Daytona - 32 laps
Daytona Road - 10 laps

Saturday
Indy - 27 laps
Indy Rd - 10 laps

Sunday
Mazda - 5 laps
Dirt Oval - 3 laps
Short Track - 8 laps

Points winner for the day will be gifted a prize car!!

Points Awarded Each Race

20 pts -1st
15 pts -2nd
11 pts -3rd
08 pts -4th
06 pts -5th
05 pts -6th
04 pts -7th
03 pts -8th
02 pts -9th
01 pts -10th

Rules -

Tires Unrestricted
No Tuning Restrictions, PP limit, KG limit or HP limit
No Penalties
No Cautions (RACE CLEAN!!!)
No Warming up tires
No qualifying race
No Damage
Real Grip
Tire Wear On
Grid Start or Rolling Start x2
Line Allowed
Traction Allowed
ABS Allowed
Unrestricted Tires
No active steering, asm & skid recovery
No corvettes & cobras
Race Mods allowed but No Race Cars
Can use multiple cars for different tracks*

*i.e. - Challenger R/T RM (or something with lots of aerodynamics)- Indy Rd, Daytona Rd & Indy
Cougar RX-7 (or something with lots of power)- Daytona & Gravel Ovals (Custom)
Camaro Z28 RM (or something lighter with aerodynamics)- Road Courses & Short Tracks (Custom)

Last edited:
Just a question, should non-RM cars be fully-tuned instead to compensate?

All cars maxed tuned.
The Camaro Z28 RM is allowed max tuned as well because its weak but really it was a Street legal car that GM produced so the Camaro would have a fighting chance in Pro Racing. It came stock with a Fiberglass body and racing engine. The Challenger RM was not a real car, its a car that was at Sema and was heavily modified. The Trans-Cammer yet it was at Sema, it is a complete rebuild of the competition level Mustang used for NASCAR and other American series.
I did test all cars, on short track times range 20.82 - 22.08 (majority in mid 21s)
and at Daytona ( this is where I made the choice to not restrict engine performance because lots of cars where not making the speed and lap times desired at 560pp and so, plus majority of the cars maxed tune are around 600pp. So the max performance makes these cars more fun and fast. Daytona lap times were 42.21 - 46.62 ( majority in 43-45s range and a few in 46s & 42s ). With drafting these cars are all competitive.
And to note that the series would be devirse as far as track selection, there would be long courses, technical courses, fast courses, superspeedways, short tracks, road courses and gravel courses. But to also note that the fast cars at Daytona are the slow cars on the short track. So every car has its value in the series.

I was also thinking that if we could fill all 16 slots and that there is 14 cars available......
We would all select one car to run the entire series. And the only cars there could be two of in the field, would be the Superbird, Mach 1 and Chevelle.
So please leave a reply with your car choice!

All cars maxed tuned.
The Camaro Z28 RM is allowed max tuned as well because its weak but really it was a Street legal car that GM produced so the Camaro would have a fighting chance in Pro Racing. It came stock with a Fiberglass body and racing engine. The Challenger RM was not a real car, its a car that was at Sema and was heavily modified. The Trans-Cammer yet it was at Sema, it is a complete rebuild of the competition level Mustang used for NASCAR and other American series.
I did test all cars, on short track times range 20.82 - 22.08 (majority in mid 21s)
and at Daytona ( this is where I made the choice to not restrict engine performance because lots of cars where not making the speed and lap times desired at 560pp and so, plus majority of the cars maxed tune are around 600pp. So the max performance makes these cars more fun and fast. Daytona lap times were 42.21 - 46.62 ( majority in 43-45s range and a few in 46s & 42s ). With drafting these cars are all competitive.
And to note that the series would be devirse as far as track selection, there would be long courses, technical courses, fast courses, superspeedways, short tracks, road courses and gravel courses. But to also note that the fast cars at Daytona are the slow cars on the short track. So every car has its value in the series.

Pretty sure the Challenger RM is a real car.....Was not a Sema Awards car but an actual racing car.
Dodge_Challenger_1970_Trans-AM_CSE0100_infineon-hist-5-08.jpg

Yea I think it was made specifically for the TRANS-AM Series

Challenger was indeed a real car.Missing the Mustangs,Javelins and 1 other I can't think of.There are no AMC cars in GT5 I think? My dad had a 69 AMX and it was a beast.They also had the SC Rambler better known as the Scrambler another very good car that was painted red white and blue.My dad was an AMC freak.The Javelin won the 1971 series for Roger Penske.

Good read and it brings back some memories

http://www.amx-perience.com/TransAmRacing1971.htm

I'd like to vote for no RM cars, I just think they'll have too much of an advantage around road courses. And for the gravel tracks, I'd say just do one or two to shake things up. Either way, I like the idea. Put me down for the 'Cude 440 six pack.

Edit: What tyres will we be running? And what time and day? Thanks

We'll be running on racing softs or we could vote for racing hard. And of course dirt tires. And for the z28 rm, its the 3rd fastest short track car but its not fast on the speedways. Every car will have an advantage in their own right. And to substitute it with the regular camaro would not be a good idea as it tested poorly. And for any other cars to add such as AMC I would like but gt5 does not have these cars. As to date and time, you guys should throw out an idea. Im good for thurday & friday nights 8 pm cst. Weekends anytime except sunday between 11am n 2pm. Monday n Tuesday nights after 10pm cst.

We'll be running on racing softs or we could vote for racing hard. And of course dirt tires. And for the z28 rm, its the 3rd fastest short track car but its not fast on the speedways. Every car will have an advantage in their own right. And to substitute it with the regular camaro would not be a good idea as it tested poorly. And for any other cars to add such as AMC I would like but gt5 does not have these cars. As to date and time, you guys should throw out an idea. Im good for thurday & friday nights 8 pm cst. Weekends anytime except sunday between 11am n 2pm. Monday n Tuesday nights after 10pm cst.

I forgot the RM Camaro doesn't have as much power, so that works for me. I'd like a Thursday night race, it would free up some weekend time for me. If everyone needs it on a weekend though, I'd prefer Sundays after 2pm CST.
Oh, and Racing Softs work for me.

You guys should add me when psn is back. I might have to delete some friends.

Killjimbag , r u in? Im already your psn friend.

Add me guys: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83

You guys should add me when psn is back. I might have to delete some friends.

Killjimbag , r u in? Im already your psn friend.

Add me guys: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83

Sorry bassist should probably read the whole post.Yeah I'm in.

Sorry bassist should probably read the whole post.Yeah I'm in.

Pick a car in the OP!

So far we have six (6) racers, we'll run this series for sure next week or if the psn is up this week maybe we can get a practice run in? And hopefully by next week this series will have a few more racers added to the roster. I would like to have a minimal of 9 racers, but my lobby will be welcome to 16. But if only six of us want to run this we will keep with the plans and run only a few of the tracks. Maybe Daytona, Dirt Oval, Short Track, and a Road Course if it's only the six of us.

Pick a car in the OP!

So far we have six (6) racers, we'll run this series for sure next week or if the psn is up this week maybe we can get a practice run in? And hopefully by next week this series will have a few more racers added to the roster. I would like to have a minimal of 9 racers, but my lobby will be welcome to 16. But if only six of us want to run this we will keep with the plans and run only a few of the tracks. Maybe Daytona, Dirt Oval, Short Track, and a Road Course if it's only the six of us.

I have a dirt track that resembles Indy to contribute 👍

So far we have six guys who want to race this series. Do any of you have thoughts as to how many days or how long (weeks or hours) we should run this?

I was thinking with six guys we can do three weekends. Starting next Saturday. Anytime is good for me Saturday and/or Sunday (after 2pm cst).

We should do three race days. With one hour each race day.

What do you guys think of this format?

If we can get more racers I would say to extend either race day time to 1-1/2 to 2 hrs or go as many weeks until this series dies off.

I'm available Sunday, 10 am to 7 pm, GMT+08:00.

If I'm too busy during that time, sorry. At least I get to contribute. :)

EDIT: I also have this track, maybe it will also be a good addition to the series:
tostanaextereme553.png

Last edited:
"uMadison? - I'm available Sunday, 10 am to 7 pm, GMT+08:00"

I'm GMT -6 (which is cst), we are at a 14 hour difference. 2pm cst is 4am Monday morning for you. 7pm GMT +8 would be 5am cst.

Maybe late nights would work for you on the weekend, Saturday 12pm cst would be your Saturday late night or Sunday Morning 2am? Or noon on weekdays because 10pm cst would be 12pm GMT +8

Just some thoughts.... I don't know if you can do late nite Saturday or weekday afternoons? (your time zone of course, GMT+8)

Last edited:
I was thinking of maybe doing two nights a week for 3 weeks. Each night would be one to one and a half hours long. One night during the week and the other race day for that week would be on the weekend.

I would like more members to get involved in this as this series can be fun and last a long time. If there is great support for this series I would be willing to hand out gt5 prizes to winners. If we had a 16 car field I would also love to make this a team series and score points for prizes. Just some thought....

I currently participate in a gt5 based online racing league, Lay-Z Boy Racing. We had our start here on GTPlanet. But now we have our own website and are into our 4th Championship Series. We also run Sub-Leagues hosted by Other Lay-Z Boy members. I currently participate in a full on sim series ( no HUD, no AIDS, in cockpit view ), Hot Hatch Series, Ladder Matches (City Courses on Sports Hard, no Aids, no HUD, usually in reverse or at night), SuperGT Team Championship and my own series in which I host , TRANS-AM.....So you see I'm not new to hosting racing series or new to clean and competitive online racing.

Please let this thread gain more interest!

....But if it remains only us six guys we can just run this once and see how it goes. And then go from there.

I hope to get more response on this thread by next wednesday so I can determine a meeting time/date. Will start for sure next weekend.

If we get the psn online tonite, maybe sometime this week we can hook up on this?

Also if I can get a little core group of cool guys out of this I would like to introduce this series along with you to Lay-Z Boy League as a way to generate some more interest into Muscle Cars and NASCARs.

Another thing we all need to agree on is lap counts......

Do we mix up a lot of tracks in the hour by doing 8 or so tracks 5-10 min each? Or do we do minimual amount of tracks and high lap counts?

I say we have a main event each night. Like Day 1 will be at Daytona, 2nd Day at Indy and 3rd Day at Monza Laguna Seca or Indy Road Course, and so on.

It be like 20 min main event (actual race time 15min) and 45 min of events (such as Leife(Gravel), Toscana(Dirt Tires), Toscana(Tarmac), Mt. Aso(Tarmac) and Eifel(Circuit) and so on. Then maybe go one and a half hours instead and allow 20 min of short tracks (such as Eifel(kart) and Tokyo Bay(kart). Or if we stick to an hour we can tighten the laps up or cut tracks out of the schedule.

Ok well....after looking at my schedule and fitting this in somewhere that doesn't interfere with other commitments, I have narrowed down a schedule that will start next week Friday 9pm cst (or 7pm cst if I can get on earlier). Other race days next weekend will be on Saturday at 2pm cst (or earlier maybe noon if that works for you guys) and Sunday at 2pm cst (earliest 1:30pm cst). We can start with that schedule next week and see who shows up and if these times will work for people.

But regardless I will host an open lobby with this.(I will be testing this weekend as well in the open lobby)

Open Lobby : 60s/70s NASCAR
Friday 9pm - 11pm cst
Saturday 2pm - 4pm cst
Sunday 2pm - 4pm cst

I will keep it as an open lobby until i get good racing. And then I'll switch it over to a more stable Private Lounge. Like I said I would like to see a full field of 16 cars. So maybe when we are back online I can generate some public interest in Gt5's open lobby boards and soon we shall have more followers.

Like I said add me and join me

PSN ID: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83

I'll run this series like this for next week/weekend and hopefully within two weeks we can have a good group of racers that fill the whole field. And then I can set this back up to run like a traditional series where we will run set dates and specific tracks.

Ok well....after looking at my schedule and fitting this in somewhere that doesn't interfere with other commitments, I have narrowed down a schedule that will start next week Friday 9pm cst (or 7pm cst if I can get on earlier). Other race days next weekend will be on Saturday at 2pm cst (or earlier maybe noon if that works for you guys) and Sunday at 2pm cst (earliest 1:30pm cst). We can start with that schedule next week and see who shows up and if these times will work for people.

But regardless I will host an open lobby with this.(I will be testing this weekend as well in the open lobby)

Open Lobby : 60s/70s NASCAR
Friday 9pm - 11pm cst
Saturday 2pm - 4pm cst
Sunday 2pm - 4pm cst

I will keep it as an open lobby until i get good racing. And then I'll switch it over to a more stable Private Lounge. Like I said I would like to see a full field of 16 cars. So maybe when we are back online I can generate some public interest in Gt5's open lobby boards and soon we shall have more followers.

Like I said add me and join me

PSN ID: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83

I'll run this series like this for next week/weekend and hopefully within two weeks we can have a good group of racers that fill the whole field. And then I can set this back up to run like a traditional series where we will run set dates and specific tracks.
I own most of those cars, this sounds very cool. I will look you up, when racing resumes.

Back