60s/70s NASCAR Series

Bassist I'll take the Trans Cammer /GTO or whatever is available.If someone wants to use the same car just change the paint scheme.I have setups for almost all of these but some peeps might not.Just a thought.đź‘Ť

"uMadson? - I'm available Sunday, 10 am to 7 pm, GMT+08:00"

I'm GMT -6 (which is cst), we are at a 14 hour difference. 2pm cst is 4am Monday morning for you. 7pm GMT +8 would be 5am cst.

Maybe late nights would work for you on the weekend, Saturday 12pm cst would be your Saturday late night or Sunday Morning 2am? Or noon on weekdays because 10pm cst would be 12pm GMT +8

Just some thoughts.... I don't know if you can do late nite Saturday or weekday afternoons? (your time zone of course, GMT+8)

Well, if I can't do it on Friday (tomorrow), then I'm afraid I can't join. I'll just contribute some of my tracks though. đź‘Ť

Bassist I'll take the Trans Cammer /GTO or whatever is available.If someone wants to use the same car just change the paint scheme.I have setups for almost all of these but some peeps might not.Just a thought.đź‘Ť

I wouldn't mind taking a look at your tune for the Cougar. I tuned the heck out of it yesterday and came up with a few different tunes. But I would like to see how you setup it up to handle.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at your tune for the Cougar. I tuned the heck out of it yesterday and came up with a few different tunes. But I would like to see how you setup it up to handle.

This is the one I started with from Max Performance Tuning Garage.I have did some modification to mine will post my set-up later.
Thanks to Max Performance

Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67

w/755 h.p. 1181 kg

my tune is

Aero- F-0 R-0

Trans- 224 m.p.h.

LSD- Initial Torque- F-0 R-60
Acceleration Sensitivity- F-0 R-60
Braking Sensitivity- F-0 R-60

Suspension- Ride Height- F-(-33) R-(-30)
Spring Rate- F-12.0 R-13.2
Dampers (Ext.)- F-7 R-8
Dampers (Comp.)- F-6 R-7
Anti-Roll Bars- F-5 R-5
Camber- F-2.0 R-3.2
Toe-Angle- F-.00 R-.20

Brakes- F-9 R-7

Tires- F-RS R-RS (Racing Soft)

Driving Opitions- Trans- MT <-(This is optional set to personal preference)

TC-Off - With is car i would strongly suggest put this on 1.
SRF-Off
AS-Off
ASM-Off
ABS-1

This is a great car but can be a bit to handle. Took alot of time tweaking it and found out what i started with was what was best. I would strongly suggest setting the traction control to 1 with this car seeing as how much it burns the tires coming out of turns. I primary ran this car at the Daytona Road Course and was running consistant 1:47's w/out TC on and 1:46's w/ TC on 1. Its a personal choice but you'll save yourself alot of tire wear. This car loves to break loose coming out of flat corners in 2nd gear so if you refuse to use TC you have been warned. Let me know what you think and as always. Thank you and be sure to countinue in the persuit of perfection that is motor sports.

This is the one I started with from Max Performance Tuning Garage.I have did some modification to mine will post my set-up later.
Thanks to Max Performance

Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67

w/755 h.p. 1181 kg

my tune is

Aero- F-0 R-0

Trans- 224 m.p.h.

LSD- Initial Torque- F-0 R-60
Acceleration Sensitivity- F-0 R-60
Braking Sensitivity- F-0 R-60

Suspension- Ride Height- F-(-33) R-(-30)
Spring Rate- F-12.0 R-13.2
Dampers (Ext.)- F-7 R-8
Dampers (Comp.)- F-6 R-7
Anti-Roll Bars- F-5 R-5
Camber- F-2.0 R-3.2
Toe-Angle- F-.00 R-.20

Brakes- F-9 R-7

Tires- F-RS R-RS (Racing Soft)

Driving Opitions- Trans- MT <-(This is optional set to personal preference)

TC-Off - With is car i would strongly suggest put this on 1.
SRF-Off
AS-Off
ASM-Off
ABS-1

This is a great car but can be a bit to handle. Took alot of time tweaking it and found out what i started with was what was best. I would strongly suggest setting the traction control to 1 with this car seeing as how much it burns the tires coming out of turns. I primary ran this car at the Daytona Road Course and was running consistant 1:47's w/out TC on and 1:46's w/ TC on 1. Its a personal choice but you'll save yourself alot of tire wear. This car loves to break loose coming out of flat corners in 2nd gear so if you refuse to use TC you have been warned. Let me know what you think and as always. Thank you and be sure to countinue in the persuit of perfection that is motor sports.

I checked out this tune and it's good! It was similiar to a tune a came up with. My tune had a raised ride height with less anti roll bars. But I can tell that was configured for the oversteer because the set up on wheel alignment you have down. My setup was less dramatic on the alignment but compensating with the ride height and anti roll bars. Both setups handle the same. But overall I think its the ride height that makes this setup good, it adds much needed downforce. In my setup I use ballast on the back tires. And it helps keep control. So, your setup is good as mine. Your setup kills mine on certain tracks and vise versa with mine. I think the advantage your's has over mine is the lower ride height for certain courses. Good example...your setup wont turn on gravel but mine does. But then your setup is killer on road courses and mine is a little stiff. So overall, there isn't a master setup. I have been testing out a lot of these tracks with the Cougar and I've been taking note of the various tunings for these courses. To run this series I highly recommend keeping notes on all your tunings for these courses. You should have a Daytona tune, Indy tune, Gravel Tune, Road Course tune and a Short Track tune. This is not required but recommended.

Has anyone done any testing with their cars?

I got the Cougar down to 43.52 at Daytona, but consistantly hitting 44.2XX

Hey guys, I'm going to have to back out of this series. PSN has let me down enough. I'm going to play a bit of Forza until DiRT3 comes out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So it looks like we have 3 guys who may or may not be able to do this. And there are 3 guys who can do this plus me. Also I have one more friend who has yet to post to this but he is down. We are at 5-8 racers so far.

I'm not looking for a total commitment for this either. There are plenty of scheduled events to make it too. If you can make a practice session and a third of the races I will count you in.

As for more racers to join in this series.....

I'm hoping once PSN is back online a few more guys may be attracted to this thread.
I would like to have at least half the field filled in before I give this series the green light. So if you are new to this thread or already have posted in here please give a holler and give some feedback.

I will also wait another week to see where we are at with the number of guys here. I can post a thread on my leagues' website. The guys in my league are not to into NASCAR but we tachnically are using muscle cars not NASCARs so maybe I can swing some of them this way. There are a few of them who do like bump drafting lol.

Other than that.....

Please read the whole entire Original Post (OP) on the (1st)First Page of this Thread.

I have updated the OP with all kinds of information, rules, regulations, and an unofficial schedule (pending holidays and network availibilty).

I'll get 4 or 5 more guys once this all gets figured out.I wish Sony would just say the end of May and be done with it.

đź‘Ť Cool on the getting more guys here! Yea I wish they would just put a date on it too.

I talked to them last night have 4 confirmed for sure.Work is picking up so that may be a bit of a problem,but should be good.As for PSN,wow just say June 1st and go from there.My son is having COD withdrawal and was going to buy a 360 as he found out how to take the old hard drive apart and install it in the new slim.

So it looks like we have 3 guys who may or may not be able to do this. And there are 3 guys who can do this plus me. Also I have one more friend who has yet to post to this but he is down. We are at 5-8 racers so far.

Other than that.....

Please read the whole entire Original Post (OP) on the (1st)First Page of this Thread.

I have updated the OP with all kinds of information, rules, regulations, and an unofficial schedule (pending holidays and network availibilty).

Edit : 9-12 racers so far.

I talked to them last night have 4 confirmed for sure.Work is picking up so that may be a bit of a problem,but should be good.As for PSN,wow just say June 1st and go from there.My son is having COD withdrawal and was going to buy a 360 as he found out how to take the old hard drive apart and install it in the new slim.

Please get them on here sooner than later so I can add them to the roster, and thanks again for gathering some guys! đź‘Ť

I ran this in open lobby yesterday and I had a lot of guys in the lobby. A few guys raced the whole two hours I had it up. I focused on Daytona to generate some more interest. I think I will keep the schedule as posted and start on Friday, June 3rd. I will keep hosting 60s70s NASCAR lobbies on the PSN till schedule start. Once schedule starts all racing will follow a consistantly scheduled format. There are enough racers involved in this series to give it the green light and I have yet to post an official roster for this. A week prior to the start of this series I will have an Official Roster up. And I suggest reading the whole post and read carefully through the regulations. Thanks!

I'd like to participate, may I run the '63 Corvette race car?

I would like to keep Corvettes out. I know they won't have an advantage over other cars but I would like to use just cars that raced in 60s70s NASCAR. Can you pick a different car? Or is that an issue, let me know via PM. Thanks!

I will run a open lobby Friday night & maybe Saturday afternoon. So we can get some practice in. I'll post a room number up here. And send me friend requests if you already haven't.

Glad to see a wagon get up to 180mph!

That was funny $h!t last night. We were bump drafting my buddy in a Schwimmwagen! lol It tops off at 85mph but my guy bump the trans way up and we were pushing him at 130-180mph. Was way too funny.

Damn, PSN still down for me. :(

Guess you'll have to wait kenwilinski if you want my tracks.

If I read the first post right, Only one make of a car are allowed? I would perfer to run my Challenger R/t RM.

If I read the first post right, Only one make of a car are allowed? I would perfer to run my Challenger R/t RM.

Challenger RM is way over powered on road courses. I will allow you to use it at Daytona ONLY though.

And still pick another car. And since I'm allowing you to use it. I will allow others too also.

Challenger RM is way over powered on road courses. I will allow you to use it at Daytona ONLY though.

And still pick another car. And since I'm allowing you to use it. I will allow others too also.

Where that is a decent point, the Camaro handles extremely way to well on road course Vs the Challenger and requires less effort with less Horsepower to beat it. The Challenger Higher HP is the only thing it can really use against the Camaro RM.

It takes a bit of tuning and skill to make the challenger compete well against the Camaro. And restricting it to just speedway use is penalizing the challenger and giving the Camaro an easier win.

I just don't want their to be an overpowered car. So if there is Camaro Z28 RM in the field any given night you can use the Challenger RM. But say the guy who's using the camaro RM isn't racing that night I would like it if you didn't pick the Challenger RM.

You can also argue that the Buick is over powered but IMO it sucks on road courses and ya you can get it to 220 into the corners at Daytona but thats if you want to smack the wall and with other cars drafting at 220 and over I think that the Buick keeps the playing field level. And by saying that I guess the Challenger RM isn't a big threat.

Do you know if it has a huge advantage over any of the cars I listed? I tested all cars at Daytona and a short track so I don't know definitely if it is going to kill on the road courses. And I say that the Buick sucks on the road courses because at Daytona it felt like I was steering the Titanic around the banking. And it wasn't the tune, it just feels so heavy in the banks. So I don't see how that car could carry speed in turns on the road. Any opinion?

I just don't want their to be an overpowered car. So if there is Camaro Z28 RM in the field any given night you can use the Challenger RM. But say the guy who's using the camaro RM isn't racing that night I would like it if you didn't pick the Challenger RM.

You can also argue that the Buick is over powered but IMO it sucks on road courses and ya you can get it to 220 into the corners at Daytona but thats if you want to smack the wall and with other cars drafting at 220 and over I think that the Buick keeps the playing field level. And by saying that I guess the Challenger RM isn't a big threat.

Do you know if it has a huge advantage over any of the cars I listed? I tested all cars at Daytona and a short track so I don't know definitely if it is going to kill on the road courses. And I say that the Buick sucks on the road courses because at Daytona it felt like I was steering the Titanic around the banking. And it wasn't the tune, it just feels so heavy in the banks. So I don't see how that car could carry speed in turns on the road. Any opinion?

I am not worried about the Buick. Far as the Challenger and Camaro RMs I ve done testing and both require decent amount of application of skill and tune on either end to make a fast car.

Back