Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
Rust like that is what happens when you use cheap Russian steel and expose it to British weather.

👍 Beautiful colour for a Dino. Wonder how much one in that condition is worth?

It must be a really bad car if someone decides to put it away and never use it again after driving only 13 miles in it. :sly:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg can anyone help with any ids

First car looks like a 64-65 Chevelle, the second car I'm not sure about. (looks like a Mopar of some sort), the third car is a Ford Maverick/Mercury Comet, and I can't see the last one.

car 2 coronet maybe?
zoomed in as far as I can on #4 late 30s-early 40s truck of some sort, either a dodge power wagon (not too sure) or an International 1 1/2 ton wich i'm leaning more toward...

there's whats left of te remains of one of those citreons in one of the local yards here in Kentucky... nothing left but the shell

there's whats left of te remains of one of those citreons in one of the local yards here in Kentucky... nothing left but the shell

I bet you that shell would still fetch a few thousand. A couple years back there was a 69 charger R/T shell in a local junk yard where I was living at the time and someone paid 3k for it. I thought that was completely stupid considering it was just a shell.

i might have to look into what one would fetch.. if its not all swiss cheese I could probably snag it for less than a c note...
the yard its in is one of those yard where if it doesnt have a bowtie emblem the guys don't know jack about it other than what they read on the emblems

:0 so, all those were just left behind?

Apparently, everything was left behind...
As well as that, when the guy who took those photographs entered - lights, computers, etc. will still on!
Apparently, that red MGF still had the keys in the ignition and still fired up after being abandoned for over 4 years (these photos were collected in 2008)

Apparently, everything was left behind...
As well as that, when the guy who took those photographs entered - lights, computers, etc. will still on!
Apparently, that red MGF still had the keys in the ignition and still fired up after being abandoned for over 4 years (these photos were collected in 2008)

That's an incredible story, I'll look deeper into it, it's quite fascinating!

Most of the old Rover factory has been knocked down now and turned into apartments. Some of it still exists, it's where they assemble the part-built MG6's shipped in from China.

Not quite on the same level as most stuff here but it's sat there for a couple of years and I don't see it being moved anytime soon since the house it 'belongs to' is derelict.

Back