ABS 0 community where are you???

Although I'm not really ready to join the ABS 0 community I do have a go occasionally to give myself an extra challenge. Gold in the AMG SLS TT in a totally stock car wasn't too hard but I struggled in the Corvette C7 one and just got under 8 mins. Would have been easier if you could change the BB. It's quite addictive though and I can see why some folks just drive stock cars with no ABS. I'm ok in TTs where it's just about taking it easy, but in a race situation it's so easy to get carried away and try to pull off a move that would be fine with ABS but results in total lock-up followed usually by a crash. Is it possible to get to be fast both with and without ABS or is it a case of biting the bullet and going for exclusively ABS0?

Generally if you're fast without ABS, it'll take you 5-10 minutes to get fast with it.

I'm generally exclusively no ABS, but sometimes I'm forced to use it. For the C7 TT for example, the lack of BB adjust means I can't be anywhere near as consistent as with it on, or as fast. Give me BB adjustment and I'll go as fast as with ABS.

ABS 1: 7:27.745
ABS 0: 7:31.8xx

Would have been easier if you could change the BB.
Go to options and bind RF-menu to something on your controller. By accessing that menu you can change the BB while driving, which enables you to drive without ABS in shuffle races and other races where the settings menu is inaccessable. :)

It's quite addictive though and I can see why some folks just drive stock cars with no ABS. I'm ok in TTs where it's just about taking it easy, but in a race situation it's so easy to get carried away and try to pull off a move that would be fine with ABS but results in total lock-up followed usually by a crash. Is it possible to get to be fast both with and without ABS or is it a case of biting the bullet and going for exclusively ABS0?

From what I've learned, the fastest way is to drive both styles exactly the same. ABS forgives you for mistakes, but the fastest way with ABS is very similar to the fastest way without ABS, in both cases you can't push the brakes too hard. Upsetting the car as little as possible is always the best way.

Because of this, driving without ABS is a good way to learn. Keep practicing offline, and try to find patience in online races and find the limits. Everyone has made a fool of himself once or twice, sliding all wheels locked at someone else or at a wall. It's nothing a simple "Sorry, mate" and chassis rigidity restore won't fix. :)

Is it possible to get to be fast both with and without ABS or is it a case of biting the bullet and going for exclusively ABS0?

I run ABS 0 all the time and wont turn it to ABS 1 ( feels understeery once you are used to ABS 0 ), once your used to it you wont even think about it, it ends up feeling totaly natural, in fact the few times i have turned it back to ABS 1 ive found im not aggresive enough with the brake anymore and cant bring myself to stop driving like its still on ABS 0 !!

OK8
Go to options and bind RF-menu to something on your controller. By accessing that menu you can change the BB while driving, which enables you to drive without ABS in shuffle races and other races where the settings menu is inaccessable. :)

He's talking specifically about the Corvette C7 Time Trial, in which there is no way to change brake bias. There's no car tuning menu and the BB adjust on the RA menu is blacked out and stuck to 5-5. :crazy:

Hence why I used ABS 1 for it. Some people still managed to get round in with ABS 0 in the top 20 though. :eek:

He's talking specifically about the Corvette C7 Time Trial, in which there is no way to change brake bias. There's no car tuning menu and the BB adjust on the RA menu is blacked out and stuck to 5-5. :crazy:

Hence why I used ABS 1 for it. Some people still managed to get round in with ABS 0 in the top 20 though. :eek:

Oh.. well that sucks. Nice to see some aliens get a good time with 5-5 though. :)

Although I'm not really ready to join the ABS 0 community I do have a go occasionally to give myself an extra challenge. Gold in the AMG SLS TT in a totally stock car wasn't too hard but I struggled in the Corvette C7 one and just got under 8 mins. Would have been easier if you could change the BB. It's quite addictive though and I can see why some folks just drive stock cars with no ABS. I'm ok in TTs where it's just about taking it easy, but in a race situation it's so easy to get carried away and try to pull off a move that would be fine with ABS but results in total lock-up followed usually by a crash. Is it possible to get to be fast both with and without ABS or is it a case of biting the bullet and going for exclusively ABS0?

Stirling, I'm pretty new at ABS0 myself. Maybe 3 months now. It's given me more incentive to work on my driving and has made offline much, much better. Now I'm only driving stock vehicles with added ballast on default or lesser tires as well. Cockpit view too. I'm loving it. Just feels so much more..realistic.

Started making longer Arcade races so I could learn how to brake properly. Didn't want to experiment with any online races at first. With the AI's behavior, it makes for good practice in learning what works and what doesn't. Plus by dumbing down the tires etc. outbraking them isn't as easy. Now braking and load transfer is absolutely what I pay the most attention to. I've come around to seeing how much it changes the car's stability even when braking is not engaged. Almost feels like SRF or TC is on to me now with ABS1.

I'm having a blast just messing with different cars in offline right now. They all feel so different and alive. Have lost interest in my old online race groups sadly. Tried a few races with ABS1 again but it just wasn't the same plus I don't like running cockpit view around other guys yet either. After I get some more confidence, I'll probably look into an ABS off group.

Cockpit view too. I'm loving it. Just feels so much more..realistic.

I always think that you should have the option to turn all the other views off other than the cockpit view in the menu, this way you know everyone in the room is using it, no advantage/disadvantage for anyone.

No one uses the cockpit view because it easier to be accurate and fast from the nose view,

ABS 0 + cockpit view only races would be very cool.

Ever since I acquired (convinced the wife it was a good investment :lol: ) a wheel a year after getting GT5, I have only used cockpit view, NO ABS, Clutch and H-Shifter (T500 + TH8 )
I now find it hard to get my apexes spot on in Bumper cam (If I absolutely have to use a standard model that is) as the cockpit view gives a much better feeling of where the tyres are IMHO, with bumper cam I feel like I'm driving a bus with the front wheels a metre behind me. Even the 'black shadow cockpit' in the standards feel the same, i.e. the wheels are behind the driver.
Not all the cockpit views are as good, head position wise, but all give a much better impression of where the front end of the car is, which allows me to feel more confident when pushing the limits of grip while NO ABS driving.

Being able to restrict the view used would be cool, but I think there would be alot of tumble-weeds floating through the lobbies with that restriction set. In the group I race with, out of 70 members we have only a handful who will even attempt using cockpit view for more that one race :(

I run ABS 0 all the time and wont turn it to ABS 1 ( feels understeery once you are used to ABS 0 ), once your used to it you wont even think about it, it ends up feeling totaly natural, in fact the few times i have turned it back to ABS 1 ive found im not aggresive enough with the brake anymore and cant bring myself to stop driving like its still on ABS 0 !!

Me to fella! ok if i add u? looking through the lobbies for abs0 all the time get tiring

Of course bud, we only do open rooms in the leagues close season, we are always in league members lounges during the season, add me and come have a few casual races with us, its a ready made 25 strong ABS 0 group !

Last edited:
I posted in a thread the other day where Ridox2JZGTE was saying how he turned all the aids off and put the ABS to 0 straight away when GT5 came out.
It got me thinking and I posted that it must of been lonely at first as finding like minded drivers would have been hard to do, i know at that time i had not turned the ABS off and still had it on 1 for some time after that.......

But when GT6 comes out, if it has a comparable set of driver aids to GT5 how many of you ABS 0 fans will turn it off straight away this time round who like me started on ABS 1 ?

Or will the ABS 0 community simpy grow with a ready made ABS 0 group from GT5?

I posted in a thread the other day where Ridox2JZGTE was saying how he turned all the aids off and put the ABS to 0 straight away when GT5 came out.
It got me thinking and I posted that it must of been lonely at first as finding like minded drivers would have been hard to do, i know at that time i had not turned the ABS off and still had it on 1 for some time after that.......

But when GT6 comes out, if it has a comparable set of driver aids to GT5 how many of you ABS 0 fans will turn it off straight away this time round who like me started on ABS 1 ?

I'll start off in GT6 with no ABS. I used ABS for the first 2-3 months of my GT5 "career" but since then I haven't been able to turn it on, no ABS is too much fun. So I'll definitely be starting GT6 (and any other racing games) without ABS. :D

I did the same, started straight away with no ABS. I had gotten used to it while playing Live for Speed and figuring out the right brake balance wasn't difficult in GT5. I will definitely start GT6 with no aids as well.

I never even considered using ABS - or anything other than interior view - in GT5. It was difficult to get used to at first but I managed. I'm sure it's helped me get beat online a few times, but without practice I'm not much faster with ABS or a different view anyway - just like how I've never felt comfortable on RS tires.

I guess all remains to be seen now is how much GT6 resembles GT5 in its driver aids, i cant go back to ABS 1 either now, i turned it on for the latest TT ( never usually do the TT's but thought id give it a go) i went 1:19.4 , 5 minutes later turned it back to ABS 0 and went 1:18.9 , thats the first time ive turned it back to ABS 1 in 6 months and probably the last time as well.

When GT6 comes out i will not be running ABS, its just good to see that there may be a healthy ABS 0 user base ready and waiting when it arrives.

I guess all remains to be seen now is how much GT6 resembles GT5 in its driver aids, i cant go back to ABS 1 either now, i turned it on for the latest TT ( never usually do the TT's but thought id give it a go) i went 1:19.4 , 5 minutes later turned it back to ABS 0 and went 1:18.9 , thats the first time ive turned it back to ABS 1 in 6 months and probably the last time as well.

When GT6 comes out i will not be running ABS, its just good to see that there may be a healthy ABS 0 user base ready and waiting when it arrives.

Here's hoping the AI won't be using aids either and have the odd lock up going into corners.

Question: Is it possible to change the brake bias in an online room that doesn't allow ABS?

I've seen some people in the room talk about "BB". Just curious.

Question: Is it possible to change the brake bias in an online room that doesn't allow ABS?

I've seen some people in the room talk about "BB". Just curious.

Yes, you can, in tuning menu and while driving.

BB stands for brake balance, you can change BB in tuning menu, or while on the track driving using the RA menu, if you haven't set the RA menu button assignment, go to options menu, go to controller settings, usually most people use D-pad to change values and assign RA menu access on any free buttons ( L3/R3/L2/R2 ,etc )

Yes, you can, in tuning menu and while driving.

BB stands for brake balance, you can change BB in tuning menu, or while on the track driving using the RA menu, if you haven't set the RA menu button assignment, go to options menu, go to controller settings, usually most people use D-pad to change values and assign RA menu access on any free buttons ( L3/R3/L2/R2 ,etc )

Okay, didn't know that was possible. Thanks :)

I guess turning ABS off is one way of spicing things. I'm yet try this, but haven't got around to it as of yet.

I thought I'd give the Corvette TT a go last night, finally a combo I had some interest in on a track that I like. I think I was 1:19.0something. Was looking down the leaderboard just now to see how many Canucks were ahead of me when I noticed your name and remembered you from this thread. So I went into the data for your lap and lo and behold...no ABS. I was mightily impressed...heckuva lap and that's a challenging track for no ABS as well. I frankly have no idea how you did that...lol. :bowdown: Hopefully in GT5 there's a NoABS leaderboard...though I won't hold my breath. What BB did you use by the way?

I thought I'd give the Corvette TT a go last night, finally a combo I had some interest in on a track that I like. I think I was 1:19.0something. Was looking down the leaderboard just now to see how many Canucks were ahead of me when I noticed your name and remembered you from this thread. So I went into the data for your lap and lo and behold...no ABS. I was mightily impressed...heckuva lap and that's a challenging track for no ABS as well. I frankly have no idea how you did that...lol. :bowdown: Hopefully in GT5 there's a NoABS leaderboard...though I won't hold my breath. What BB did you use by the way?

Hey Johnny, i dont usually do TT's but like you that one peaked my intrest as well, tyres/power and track all looked like a good combo, my brake balance was 3 1, thx for the kind words :) .

By the way, did u watch TC_Amo's lap? how is he getting his car to move that quickly????? i tried so many different parts combos but never had his straight line speed!!!!!

Hey Johnny, i dont usually do TT's but like you that one peaked my intrest as well, tyres/power and track all looked like a good combo, my brake balance was 3 1, thx for the kind words :) .

By the way, did u watch TC_Amo's lap? how is he getting his car to move that quickly????? i tried so many different parts combos but never had his straight line speed!!!!!

I watched his replay and his lines are exactly the same as mine within inches literally and yet he always has more straightline speed than me and higher cornering speed. He always seems to have more straightline speed than everyone...lol. It's either tuning, getting on the throttle a bit earlier (combination of tuning and skill) or both, but of course there's no doubt, he's a heck of a virtual driver.

I don't usually do more than 3 or 4 laps 2 or 3 times in a TT so I rarely even get to the sweet spot in terms of tire grip and my own groove, but I'm thinking I might give this one a concerted effort because I like the combination so much. I'm thinking mid 18's are possible for me with the tune I've got now and fewer mistakes, but if I keep making progress and find a magic button I'll let you know...lol.

I've always struggled with anything other than 0 on the back without ABS, but I know most guys don't use 0 on the back. I'm going to have to try and get used to higher balances on the back I think.

EDIT: Had another crack at the TT last night and got down to 18.6 with this tune...not sure how it would translate to no ABS though:

[post=8055974]Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) 09' TT#54 Tune[/post]

Last edited:
Thx for the help bud, im going to give your tune a go with ABS 0 later today, ill let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Here's my ABS 0 story so far. Brace yourself.

In my quest to become comfortable with ABS 0, I recently entered in the 3 shortest A-spec endurance events, and for the most part, I had a lot of fun doing it it.

First I did the 4hrs of Tsukuba in a tuned Miata, though because I was a novice I accidentally made it a little more difficult than I needed to by setting BB to 8-4, which made the brakes way too sensitive and easy to lock, though at least the front-back balance was alright. I finished that event over last week, winning easily by 20+ laps.

Next I tried the 200miles of Laguna Seca in a nearly stock Lotus Elise 96 (stock but for a wing, 500pp) on sports hards. By this time I'd read some forums on ABS 0 and properly set my BB to 4-2, and this time I had a blast. Slower than some cars on the straights but I still easily won, though this time only by 2 or 3 laps. I finished that race over two days, the brakes were easy to feather and control and I was pretty darn used to ABS 0 by the end of the event.

Since the last event was so much fun, I entered right away into the 300km of Grand Valley with a completely stock Ferrari 512 on sports hards. Again I set my BB to 4-2, and though it took some concentration and pushing fairly hard I managed to take the lead with a gap of close to 15 seconds within about 10 laps. Then things started to get difficult, and it wasn't until about lap 30 when I realized my mistake. Since I'd never really done any endurance events before last week I really didn't completely understand the effects that worn tires could have on performance, especially on a tail happy car. With all my aggression and pushing to get my 15 second lead I'd worn down my rears tires much faster than my fronts, that combined with my (at the beginning anyway) relatively neutral BB made for some increasingly wild oversteer, which in turn wore down my rear tires faster than my fronts. By lap 15 my lead had disappeared and I was scratching and clawing to keep near the front of the pack. At one point after a terrible "off" (I blame the leader, he shunted me off when I attempted a pass under braking), I had a 15 second deficit. I had to drive very calmly and carefully, to the point where I was just a hair faster than the competition, and it wasn't till lap 60 or so that I had a confident lead once again. Then I pit, replaced my tires, and all was well with the world again. And for the last 20 laps I made sure to keep my rear tires from squealing. It was a harrowing 2.5 hrs, that I didn't plan to spend all at once but since my lead would never accommodate an extra pit stop I had to, I can't say it was entirely enjoyable, especially around the 1hr mark. But I learnt a lot, knocked off another enduro, and I think I'll go bind some buttons to access the BB menu in race...

Next comes the 1000km of Suzuka

Le Fin

Back