ABS 0 community where are you???

Still have not had a chance to try Johnny's set up in the TT yet but i will give it a go soon, i have it all written down, so we i will see how it goes when i get a chance !.

Tbh I dont like the fact that everyone can use different settings on the same leaderboard, the GT5 leaderboards should definatly have the kind of filters that the site Cote Dazur has linked to, i actually think it might get people to try thier hand at no aids or ABS 0 to see how well they would do in different leaderboard groups.

I gave the C6 a go with Stotty's tune and was able to shave .4 seconds off my time. You might want to give that a try as well as that tune now occupies the top spot on the entire leaderboard!!!!

Can you alter BB in race when you have a DS3? I have the D-Pad all relatively free. Except for about 3 being headlights I think but I don't need them.

Can you alter BB in race when you have a DS3? I have the D-Pad all relatively free. Except for about 3 being headlights I think but I don't need them.

Yes, you can, go to options - buttons assignments - assign RA function show menu to any free buttons ( I use R3 ), then assign D-pad for navigating and changing values. Very handy in shuffle races online :D

Yes, you can, go to options - buttons assignments - assign RA function show menu to any free buttons ( I use R3 ), then assign D-pad for navigating and changing values. Very handy in shuffle races online :D

Man, I assigned buttons for that last week... How have I lived this long without it!?!?

Hey johnny,

We really do run a bit of everything, to give you an idea the following is a rough guide

500pp on CS ( stock road car car )
550pp on SH ( stock road car car )

GT500 @ 500bhp on SS (stock )
Clio trophy cars at full power (stock) on SH/SM

We only use RH (maximum tyre ) if we are using LMP/Group C or any other very high power race car

I found it better do drive the x2010 without ABS, but use abs on everything else, why is that??

I too have my ABS set to off.
In fact I turned it off when I first started playing GT5, so I don't no the difference from having it on or off.
Normally my breaks are set 2-1, no problems for the most part, feels natural to me.

I often host races, seems that I'm always asked if ABS can be unrestricted, I normally tell them yes, just to keep the room alive.
Btw, all assist are off for me, love it this way, more real, more control of the car.

My room name always begins with K&M, team name for me and my friend, we have been racing together over a year, if you see my room up please stop by.

Kevin

I have been using ABS 1, started gt5 with every assist off and the only one I couldn't get to grips with was the braking, was always getting lock ups. I don't know much about tuning so maybe I'll try different Brake balances and try again.

If you compare forza to gt5 you'll notice practically all the top forza guys run without ABS and all gt5 ones run with it.

I have been using ABS 1, started gt5 with every assist off and the only one I couldn't get to grips with was the braking, was always getting lock ups. I don't know much about tuning so maybe I'll try different Brake balances and try again.

If you compare forza to gt5 you'll notice practically all the top forza guys run without ABS and all gt5 ones run with it.

Try your brake balance at: F1 R0 or F2 R1

The way I set my BB is to have the front brakes set so that they only just lock up once the speed starts to bleed off and the back brakes low enough to stop the rear end braking away too violently, for most 500pp road cars on Comfort tyres i usually use 2/1 - 3/1

^ Litchi, My favourite crazy french american :)

I was hosting an ABS 0 room the other day litchi, including me there were 4 guys in the room who ran leagues in which you race !!!! where do you find the time ??

Last edited:
How do you know that? They all spoken about me? ahah :)

Where i find the time? I dunno, maybe my twin brother plays more than me ahah ;)

I regularly host 0 aids rooms,but people still leave when they realise there is no abs.
I'm hoping to start a club(rather than league) of zero aids drivers.
Just would like to have a bunch of drivers regularly ready to play :)

If anyone is interested in joining,please see my site in sig,and contact me. :D

I regularly host 0 aids rooms,but people still leave when they realise there is no abs.
I'm hoping to start a club(rather than league) of zero aids drivers.
Just would like to have a bunch of drivers regularly ready to play :)

If anyone is interested in joining,please see my site in sig,and contact me. :D

kryten i run a league called T.A.M, www.TheAutomotiveMayhem.com , which runs no aids and ABS 0, strangely enough we have 1 space free, if you were interested let me know, we start Season 9 tonight for league 1, tomorow night for league 2 (where everyone starts) and theres always 8 or 9 of the 25 guys in TAM online to race ABS 0 with on the casual nights

I'd love to,but i just had a knee op on monday,so cant play for a while sadly.
As soon as i'm able to i will join. Thanks for the invite.

I'm having a hard time keeping my foot steady at threshold while blipping the throttle during heel/toe downshift when I brake. The brake pedal just fluctuates everywhere.

With ABS 1 I can stomp on the brakes to 100% and blip without having to worry about the brake pedal moving at all. Its so hard to heel/toe with ABS 0, anyone out there can give me some advice?

@GTPLam

Pretty much just practice a method, spend a lot of time on it. It just depends on how you do it.

Honestly I just keep a certain part of my foot on my brake and never move it once I place it on the brake pedal. So when I go to hit the throttle, all I do is turn my foot and rev match. I practiced this a lot and it works good.

Just practice not moving your foot from the position that you placed it on the brake pedal.

Back