Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,896 comments
Maybe I'm having a stroke or something but somebody just posted an update on here, and you just reposted the link?
Did you change files? Is there a change log?
Are we in the Matrix? I need to stop watching the twilight zone so much.
It tries to overwrite the last update so I think it's a tweaked version of the ones posted yesterday. This is version 2.1, previous ones were 2.0.
I'd just like confirmation as to whether the flames are my updated version so I can save the relative files if not before overwriting. Also, more details about what the new improvements bring as I'm pretty happy with 2.0 (although always open to genuine improvements, of course).
Haven't installed it yet.

Maybe I'm having a stroke or something but somebody just posted an update on here, and you just reposted the link?

Is the Twilight Zone still a thing these days or have they rebooted that like they do with everything else? Hopefully the Pista won't be like the Ford GT that was posted a million times here last week and get an update every 5 minutes ;)

I got to say I love the Twilight Zone and now can really appreciate it now almost 40 years later since i watched it last when I was kid. I'm almost done with season 3.

I got to say I love the Twilight Zone and now can really appreciate it now almost 40 years later since i watched it last when I was kid. I'm almost done with season 3.

Tales of The Unexpected was what I grew up watching as a kid. Not sure we got Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits over in the UK till a few years after they aired in the US/Canada but I might be wrong there.

Tales of The Unexpected was what I grew up watching as a kid. Not sure we got Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits over in the UK till a few years after they aired in the US/Canada but I might be wrong there.

Tales of The Unexpected.. never heard of it...checking it out now. Hopefully it will be on one of the 5 streaming services we have now thanks to my wife and kids.

Last edited:
1995 TVR Cerbera GT3

EcMzXMM.jpg

JKjhGFE.jpg
Drives very nicely @Zin5ki but I'm curious as to why you'd use such a low-poly model as the base? There's a Speed 12 on Assettoland and I've got a race version that I can upload if you haven't got it. Neither are top-notch but both are leagues above the model you used and might make better doners? I don't mind low-poly models for performance gains but your GT3, and as a VR user the cockpit especially, are about as basic as I've seen.

TVR.PNG

Tales of The Unexpected.. never heard of it...checking it out now. Hopefully it will be on one of the 5 streaming services we have now thanks to my wife and kids.

Twilight%20Zone%20Episodes%20Ranking%20Main.jpeg

It was written by Roald Dahl and has it's moments of greatness and plenty of strange bits in there. Apparently there is an American version floating around too

Drives very nicely @Zin5ki but I'm curious as to why you'd use such a low-poly model as the base? There's a Speed 12 on Assettoland and I've got a race version that I can upload if you haven't got it. Neither are top-notch but both are leagues above the model you used and might make better doners? I don't mind low-poly models for performance gains but your GT3, and as a VR user the cockpit especially, are about as basic as I've seen.

View attachment 872637

I have the one from Assettoland....but not sure I have the race version you're on about.
Edited cause i'm a div lol...(the RWB version was for automobilista)

I agree. I was happy when I saw the post, a bit less happy when I saw the second picture. While driving (which is does rather well) I get sore eyes from all the edges, in-and outside the car.
Not a keeper for me, sadly...

It tries to overwrite the last update so I think it's a tweaked version of the ones posted yesterday. This is version 2.1, previous ones were 2.0.
I'd just like confirmation as to whether the flames are my updated version so I can save the relative files if not before overwriting. Also, more details about what the new improvements bring as I'm pretty happy with 2.0 (although always open to genuine improvements, of course).
Haven't installed it yet.
hey do you know who does the assettoland updates on gtplanet? i saw my m3 gts rework got on there, and legit last night i just did a sound update to the car from racedepartment, that new m3 e92 sound update. so ide like to send the guy that link with the better sound. and ide just give the car one last lookover and make sure i credited all the original creators. assettoland is a pretty high traffic mod site so i want to make sure any car with my name on it is at its best and with proper credits to all authors if its going on there. ide hate for someone to try one of my reworks and get a bad impression. or think, "hey thats my car and he didnt credit me" i would be really embarrassed to say the least. and i really do put alot of time into reading data to do physics so i want to be sure it isnt all for a sub par result overall

I agree. I was happy when I saw the post, a bit less happy when I saw the second picture. While driving (which is does rather well) I get sore eyes from all the edges, in-and outside the car.
Not a keeper for me, sadly...

I did the same - got excited for a new TVR mod and then saw the wheels in the 1st pic and realised something was a bit off. Shame as I do love a TVR. Just installed the Sagaris from Assettoland so hopefully that looks better

hey do you know who does the assettoland updates on gtplanet? i saw my m3 gts rework got on there, and legit last night i just did a sound update to the car from racedepartment, that new m3 e92 sound update. so ide like to send the guy that link with the better sound. and ide just give the car one last lookover and make sure i credited all the original creators. assettoland is a pretty high traffic mod site so i want to make sure any car with my name on it is at its best and with proper credits to all authors if its going on there. ide hate for someone to try one of my reworks and get a bad impression. or think, "hey thats my car and he didnt credit me" i would be really embarrassed to say the least. and i really do put alot of time into reading data to do physics so i want to be sure it isnt all for a sub par result overall

Same guy on FB that crawls the entire net looking for anything and everything WIP or not to post up on his site

From Facebook:

76720781_2091539477615923_497415048906407936_o.jpg

BMW M4 GT4

TIMO HA·WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2019·
v1.0
(balanced on our upcoming GT4 Pack with Blancpain BOP not Kunos GT4!)
  • scratch made physics (in cooperation with Engr. Immanuel Vinke)
  • scratch made interior parts
  • working lumi lights
  • custom sound
  • more optimizations will follow
DOWNLOAD:

http://bit.ly/2ROX63w

Credits goes to:

Happy and stress less pre- Christmas everybody!

Please have in mind this is a pre release version and things can change in the final pack version
1f609.png
;)

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, it's been nighttime here. Did @megolito re-up for you or do you still need it doing?

Edit: here's another link, just in case:

https://we.tl/t-fKpzZVhTWj

@fast2ghl

https://mega.nz/#!wU0EjSQC!lVCGja0ZAiU8AkqsdG0eE5-iYS20agcyDJoYG5wCqs0 (full car with Masscot flame fix)+ Ferrari Trofeo tire added

2019-ferrari-488-pista-carbuzz-417392-840x560.jpg

Btw when compared to the version by forcful, this car is on another level. this is the best pista by a long shot, it even has the animated active aero under the car. this is forsure worth the download even if you already have a pista. you dont have a pista of this quality

Hey guys, thanks a bunch!!!

Cheers!

I did the same - got excited for a new TVR mod and then saw the wheels in the 1st pic and realised something was a bit off. Shame as I do love a TVR. Just installed the Sagaris from Assettoland so hopefully that looks better
Here's how the AG version looks like (also not perfect but a few steps higher imo)
tvr.png
tvr_in.png

Ya, they say on their page that mods from here on out will be encrypted. It's from the GUERILLA Mods | Assetto Corsa page.
Has nothing to do with me, not to mention the Nazis over there already complaining that I shared this here. LMAO
Called me a thief and everything. Almost laughed my coffee through me nose. :lol:

Ya, they say on their page that mods from here on out will be encrypted. It's from the GUERILLA Mods | Assetto Corsa page.
Has nothing to do with me, not to mention the Nazis over there already complaining that I shared this here. LMAO
Called me a thief and everything. Almost laughed my coffee through me nose. :lol:

I just logged into FB for the first time in a looooong while to see what the fuss was about but it's a private group so i backed out again. But judging by the comments someone made when I asked about why the M6 was encrypted (I was genuinely interested and not being a dick about it) I'd say the privileged attitude runs deep with that mod group.

Not being funny here but Guerilla mods shared his bmw m6 on this very site so wtf is their problem with sharing one of their creations here. But I still stand by my privileged attitude comment as is evident by this bit in his description of the M6
Update Notes:
Do a fresh install of the mod for every update!
changelog v1.3:
  • encrypted (have fun cry babys
    1f609.png
    )
So we're branded as cry babies on this site because he encrypts his mods so we can't view them in CM properly...I really don't get it. Do they charge for their mods?

anyways I'm not gonna dwell on this I'm just curious as to why these things are done by some groups.

While I do appreciate the mod itself and the energy went into it, Guerilla mod's attitude is definitely one of the worst in the whole modding scene and sometimes a single release is a pure atrocity against decent manner. I mean they are acting like in those gangster rap songs, whenever a new track comes out they always need to say, that how good they are and screw the haters.

Last edited:
I don't get them. After the back and forth of "exposing me" and calling me a thief and all that, I tried to reason.
I shared a post they made, on facebook for all to see by the way, on here, with ALL CREDENTIALS, links to those people that worked on it and all.
I give up. Whatever, I mean, not a sliver of skin off my sack but I'm not a fan of this attitude.
Last post I get on there:
"Idiots like you is the reason for many modders are keen on doing private mods or quit making mods. If you really have respect for the modding community, you would have asked first instead of thinking like a ****."

Sure. I'm a bad guy.

(not to mention this guy is just reading everything we write here anyways)

I don't get them. After the back and forth of "exposing me" and calling me a thief and all that, I tried to reason.
I shared a post they made, on facebook for all to see by the way, on here, with ALL CREDENTIALS, links to those people that worked on it and all.
I give up. Whatever, I mean, not a sliver of skin off my sack but I'm not a fan of this attitude.
Last post I get on there:
"Idiots like you is the reason for many modders are keen on doing private mods or quit making mods. If you really have respect for the modding community, you would have asked first instead of thinking like a ****."

Sure. I'm a bad guy.

(not to mention this guy is just reading everything we write here anyways)
Don't worry about it. They're an exclusive group and tbh they can keep their mods private as this place has plenty of decent members contributing and making really good mods and changes without attracting the wrath of angry facebookers.

By the way your avatar had me confused until I worked out it's a cat. Kept thinking it was a bee for some reason lol

This new R8 PFAFF S2 Winged on Assettoland... anyone know how to get rid of the big 'look at meeeee' set of white flames (off-throttle at the end of a long straight) but keep the nice little blue ones? It's got me stumped.
I've centralised the digital gear and speed indicators and made the rev and speedo needles visible with lights off, but really want to fix these flames too. Done some cockpit shader tweaks too.
The bodywork area under the rear wing needs tidying too. It's got artifacts from the standard wing, I think.
@GzeroD (or anyone else) - know much about flames?

This new R8 PFAFF S2 Winged on Assettoland... anyone know how to get rid of the big 'look at meeeee' set of white flames (off-throttle at the end of a long straight) but keep the nice little blue ones? It's got me stumped.
I've centralised the digital gear and speed indicators and made the rev and speedo needles visible with lights off, but really want to fix these flames too. Done some cockpit shader tweaks too.
The bodywork area under the rear wing needs tidying too. It's got artifacts from the standard wing, I think.
@GzeroD (or anyone else) - know much about flames?

Can you just replace with these? https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mclaren-p1-blue-exhaust-flames.5556/

I was messing around with exhaust flames a while back and trying to improve and perfect them from the abarth 1000tc but I eventually moved on before finishing.

[HEADER]
EDIT_MODE=0
INTENSITY=1000

[FLAME_0]
POSITION=-0.30,0.5,-1.5
DIRECTION=0,0,-1
VSIZE_START=0.15
VSIZE_END=0.1
LSIZE=0.2

Edit, perfect I started page 666, just my luck

@Masscot @Electroforce I just used quickbms to extract the data.acd. What does the flame_presets.ini file do. Seems there's some kind of trigger settings in there. I actually have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff by the way but like to pretend i learn something from you guys with this editing ini files thing

@Masscot @Electroforce I just used quickbms to extract the data.acd. What does the flame_presets.ini file do. Seems there's some kind of trigger settings in there. I actually have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff by the way but like to pretend i learn something from you guys with this editing ini files thing

yeah just mess around with them to get your desired results, size, frequency, etc.. Flame textures can be copied and used from any other cars.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back