Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
@Masscot I completely forgot to say that I finally got the Many Balloons script working on my pc (was missing some framework/visual studio files) so if you want it let me know. It only does the number of the balloons up to 9999 at the mo and doesn't randomise locations etc but I'm sure I can get my mate to have a play and see what he can come up with. I need to find a photo of my face so I can have it immortalised on a balloon but not too fussed about that lol

@Masscot I completely forgot to say that I finally got the Many Balloons script working on my pc (was missing some framework/visual studio files) so if you want it let me know. It only does the number of the balloons up to 9999 at the mo and doesn't randomise locations etc but I'm sure I can get my mate to have a play and see what he can come up with. I need to find a photo of my face so I can have it immortalised on a balloon but not too fussed about that lol
9,999..! Crikey, it was only 1,000 last time. This I have to see. Can you PM it to me please?

Oh folks, as I told @Masscot before, if you want to put A LOT OF balloons on a track, you shouldn´t put them in tracks folder. We should better use a more general folder and point the models.ini to them. Doing so, we also get rid of redundant doubled files over the hdd, even if they are very small. ;)

Last edited:
Oh folks, as I told @Masscot before, if you want to put A LOT OF balloons on a track, you shouldn´t put them in tracks folder. We should better use a more general folder and point the models.ini to them. Doing so, we also get rid of redundant doubled files over the hdd, even if they are very small. ;)

Sounds like a better idea, but for now the script I use for generating balloons has to use the original track folder and also @Masscot 's balloon fiesta folder as that was how it was written.

JSbe7Xy.jpg

Ok so 9999 balloons is a little too many :boggled:. Maybe 100 would be a better idea

lmao rtm opened up a ''Raffle''
View attachment 872807

I'm not even sure if that's legal. He might as well set up a fake charity while he's at it. How does donating more than $5 increase your chances of winning a random drawing that will never actually happen? If even one person donates than I'm going to jump off that bridge he's got in his flyer.

Last edited:
This will not be of any help though:

View attachment 872652

:mad:
Ya, they say on their page that mods from here on out will be encrypted. It's from the GUERILLA Mods | Assetto Corsa page.
Has nothing to do with me, not to mention the Nazis over there already complaining that I shared this here. LMAO
Called me a thief and everything. Almost laughed my coffee through me nose. :lol:
I got banned from their group after calling them out for encrypting their models and lying about their physics being scratchmade. The replies I got from the losers on that group being all "iT's NoT mEaNt FoR jUsT sKiNnInG" :lol::lol::banghead:

Prague.. all proof that FM7 tracks can turn out well with a little TLC.

There's a good version of Prague out there?! The ones I tried had such poor optimisation I couldn't even run alone on track at a steady framerate, was bad enough to get deleted, whereas I can at least hotlap at Maple Valley without melting my PC (agree though that Maple Valley could also use some love, optimisation is poor enough to make racing other cars impossible).

JSbe7Xy.jpg

Ok so 9999 balloons is a little too many :boggled:. Maybe 100 would be a better idea

"There’s smoke, and there’s flames, now, and the frame is crashing to the ground, not quite to the mooring mast. Oh, the humanity, and all the passengers screaming around here! I told you; it – I can't even talk to people, their friends are on there! Ah! It's... it... it's a... ah! I... I can't talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest: it's just laying there, a mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk and the screaming. I... I... I'm sorry. Honest: I... I can hardly breathe. I... I'm going to step inside, where I cannot see it."

There's a good version of Prague out there?! The ones I tried had such poor optimisation I couldn't even run alone on track at a steady framerate, was bad enough to get deleted, whereas I can at least hotlap at Maple Valley without melting my PC (agree though that Maple Valley could also use some love, optimisation is poor enough to make racing other cars impossible).
This ones been running good on my system

hello guys , please hawe a link new mod simdream
Touring Car Heroes Mod
Many thanks

It is dire..but i am simply swapping over physics as i really wanted the models even though they pretty crap...

This i swapped in another race mini physics.... it has a nice stance...

I actually paid for it as well, it will be a bit of fun swapping physics and engines etc. pretty sure it will be on Putins forum soon but hey ho..

__custom_showroom_1576181813.jpg

Sounds like a better idea, but for now the script I use for generating balloons has to use the original track folder and also @Masscot 's balloon fiesta folder as that was how it was written.
I would prefer something like this:

In ..\assettocorsa\content\objects3D\flying_objects\ where I stored all my balloons, planes, choppers ...
but there could be different subfolders too.

To call them with models.ini change path to:
FILE=..\..\objects3D\flying_objects\balloon.kn5

Just my 2ct about that, I´ve wasted to much time with these balloons before they got to actual state of contribution. :)

I would prefer something like this:

In ..\assettocorsa\content\objects3D\flying_objects\ where I stored all my balloons, planes, choppers ...
but there could be different subfolders too.

To call them with models.ini change path to:
FILE=..\..\objects3D\flying_objects\balloon.kn5

Just my 2ct about that, I´ve wasted to much time with these balloons before they got to actual state of contribution. :)

I will add that to my list of things to learn about AC modding. I spoke to my mate about his balloon script and he said it's time for an update so maybe we'll see if we can factor in different folders etc.

man all this mod hype is making me worried about working on any cars, like seeing how upset modders get about people touching their cars. the few physics edits i did im pretty sure were assetto garage cars. so no one has came after me for it. but when i share the physics i really only planned on you guys using it. in our small group of guys. not the whole internet. so now im nervous to share anything. i wish i knew what cars are ok to do that with, like are the ones on assettoland that say "author unknown" fine to edit physics on? im here to have fun, so i really don't want to upset anyone in the process of that. and would like to respect everyone's work

man all this mod hype is making me worried about working on any cars, like seeing how upset modders get about people touching their cars. the few physics edits i did im pretty sure were assetto garage cars. so no one has came after me for it. but when i share the physics i really only planned on you guys using it. in our small group of guys. not the whole internet. so now im nervous to share anything. i wish i knew what cars are ok to do that with, like are the ones on assettoland that say "author unknown" fine to edit physics on? im here to have fun, so i really don't want to upset anyone in the process of that. and would like to respect everyone's work

Oh please. Don't stop working on stuff. You'd probably know if you were tinkering with someone's scratch made baby.
If sharing someone's free mod on here that they already shared is the end of the world for some, so be it. I don't want to make you alarmed but the stuff you've already worked on and shared here has been posted to some of the other "sites" whether you know it or not. They are enjoying your work as you read this.
I didn't realize how much that certain group of people really hated this group. I know now. And to them, here's a big **** you!
They're going to read that too. Good. :)
If you were to go against the grain, I'm sure someone here would let you know. If I were you I' just continue changing all the zeros and ones for the better.

Last edited:
Oh please. Don't stop working on stuff. You'd probably know if you were tinkering with someone's scratch made baby.
If sharing someone's free mod on here that they already shared is the end of the world for some, so be it. I don't want to make you alarmed but the stuff you've already worked on and shared here has been posted to some of the other "sites" whether you know it or not. They are enjoying your work as you read this.
I didn't realize how much that certain group of people really hated this group. I know now. And to them, here's a big **** you!
They're going to read that too. Good. :)
If you were to go against the grain, I'm sure someone here would let you know. If I were you I' just continue changing all the zeros and ones for the better.

yea i try to really be carful about what cars i choose. hopfully you are right and that if i made a mistake i would be made aware of it by now. so i hope that means the cars i picked so far were ok. i just wouldn't want to mess with someone's scratch made mod is all. ill stick with those "author unknown" cars for now and ask permission when an author is shown. hopefully that keeps me out of trouble. bottom line i just want to have fun with the boys on GT Planet. you guys are the only group i contribute to. and you guys support my work and help me improve it with the same passion i have for it. so thats why ive only ever shared my cars here so far. people can talk crap about Gtplanet but at the end of the day i see alot of team work here and alot of passion for sim racing in all aspects. so when i create something that i enjoy and find cool, you guys are the first thing i think of to share that experience with.

CSP official updates:

v0.1.35
• Car lights are back.

v0.1.34
• RPM LEDs fixed;
• LOD behaviour for triple camera and VR fixed;
• Distant emissives fixed;
• Navigator: performance fixed, zoom buttons don’t stop camera from following the car;
• Smoke:
• Wrong brightness at night (black smoke on some tracks) fixed;
• Lifespan inceased;
• Few other tweaks;
• Spherical harmonics for blurred reflections removed:
• Time to finally figure out how to get proper physically-based IBL working;
• Option RELATIVE_TO now works properly with position guessing;
• Water: SSLR fixed;
• Light for opened door fixed;
• Interior shadow for headlights from cars behind fixed;
• Local reflection cubemaps for tracks;
• Multi-channel emissives: use different diffuse luminance masks for different channels;
• Refracting headlights fixed:
• No more auto-sync by default, now there is an SYNC_EMISSIVE_AUTO option for that;
• Raytracing fixed.

Last edited:
(Need some beta testers on this car)
https://mega.nz/#!Zc13HQZB!-T-8GggYFlhtIB8kvjIRFJr2sCdJu7_UPgmEvibH9FI

This is a WIP, Redid the Display as it was stretched and pixely +default font in a bad way, i just rewrote the Aero files (all of them) and added some new wings + made a tire that resembles a Nitto NT01 Hillclimb tire- almost a slick but not quite. Reworked the force feedback entirely and scrapped the honda civic steering ratio. Major downforce balances. very light suspension adjustment (havnt fully gotten to that yet) and redid the Gearing (make sure to select a final drive in tuning in game or you'll be limited to like 150mph) NEW SOUND TOO!

So i need feedback before i move further and work on actually making it accurate, the thing doesn't even have turbos ffs. it was a mess. but i need to know if the car feels nice to drive in its current state, if it does. it's guaranteed to feel good when i hyperfocus the data to make it accurate. If you want to compare it to the original car its the T16 pikes peak from Assettoland and maybe if you drive that one first before mine you'll understand why im being so hard on that OG car.

anyway need feedback to move forward, or i need to know if the car is not salvageable and if i should scrap it instead

3178261ec6c3ffb269fef46a86488d01.jpg
Thank you! :cheers:

(Need some beta testers on this car)
https://mega.nz/#!Zc13HQZB!-T-8GggYFlhtIB8kvjIRFJr2sCdJu7_UPgmEvibH9FI

This is a WIP, Redid the Display as it was stretched and pixely +default font in a bad way, i just rewrote the Aero files (all of them) and added some new wings + made a tire that resembles a Nitto NT01 Hillclimb tire- almost a slick but not quite. Reworked the force feedback entirely and scrapped the honda civic steering ratio. Major downforce balances. very light suspension adjustment (havnt fully gotten to that yet) and redid the Gearing (make sure to select a final drive in tuning in game or you'll be limited to like 150mph) NEW SOUND TOO!

So i need feedback before i move further and work on actually making it accurate, the thing doesn't even have turbos ffs. it was a mess. but i need to know if the car feels nice to drive in its current state, if it does. it's guaranteed to feel good when i hyperfocus the data to make it accurate. If you want to compare it to the original car its the T16 pikes peak from Assettoland and maybe if you drive that one first before mine you'll understand why im being so hard on that OG car.

anyway need feedback to move forward, or i need to know if the car is not salvageable and if i should scrap it instead

3178261ec6c3ffb269fef46a86488d01.jpg
Thank you! :cheers:
Ran a few laps at Imola and it feels good - certainly nothing jumped out as needing immediate attention. Is the intention to keep it as an authentic hill climber or adapt it to the track? If the latter then the default gears could be lengthened a little, as you say. I personally quickly forget about cars where I have to adjust gears (or even load a preset) before every drive, I'm a lazy default settings kind of guy.
These cars with set-back driving positions (ditto with a lot of DTM cars) always feel a little odd to drive in VR for me - I always feel like I'm stretching. I tend not to use them too much for that reason.

This guy has what looks like a better version (with more layouts) but he won't release his tracks in case Turn 10 go after him. He's got some good looking other conversions too.
https://www.youtube.com/user/nigelae86/videos

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back