Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
I don't think saying that the Japanese worry about being sued more than other modders is racist....
I think it shows well bred morals and a fear of authority.... which really in honesty isn't a bad thing...
Obviously there are reasons why having people who question authority is a good thing also but not really the point i was trying to make..

Most definitely not racist in any definition...

Now if you took RTM as an example for Russians....................................................
not all Russians are scumbags look what Ilja has done over the years with ac.

A 10 second break from everything AC...

For a new mod for RF2!

39746CFAF628520FEB1F967EA422FDFAD3352769
Is it in the workshop?

On a different subject, is anyone interested in trying to lick FM7 Maple Valley into shape? A classic track like this deserves more respect. Maybe a GTP collaboration project?

https://sharemods.com/1n2rwdm034xh/maple_0.1a.rar.html

Current issues/things to add:
Purple horizon (easy fix)
More detailed visual road texture (easy fix)
Groove and skidmarks need adding
Better physical mesh required
Expansion joints in the bridge need smoothing (they're like speed humps in some low/stiff cars)
Short and reverse layouts need adding
Whole track need optimising extensively, FR is abysmal right now
Tree colours could be desaturated a little
It'd be good to get the wind turbines turning (stFlow?)
More 'life' needed (helicopters, balloons, distant airliners, billboard skins... this is where I come in, lol).

What do you reckon folks? Bathurst, Bernese Alps, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Prague.. all proof that FM7 tracks can turn out well with a little TLC.
Maple Valley's been left dangling unfinished for far too long.

I think a lot of the poor performance with this track might due to the current textures. I subbed in a new road texture which not only looks more detailed, it's a quarter of the size (1.3 MB vs 5.3 MB). These FM7 conversions have a LOT of textures, and Maple Valley has 462 MB of them. If that could be dropped to around 120 MB then that's got to help a lot with performance, right?

"rio on the other hand runs like poo for me haha"

I wish i knew how to edit tracks, or heck even just optimising them. that Rio track was my favorite on forza 7 and just like the two of you it didnt work out well for me at all. very very laggy. its a shame because those forza 7 rips really are exceptional tracks when they function properly. Prauge/Rio/swiss alps/maple valley. but rio is my favorite street car circut to hotlap on aside from nurburgring. ill do some research and see if there is any way i can try to contribute

I think a lot of the poor performance with this track might due to the current textures. I subbed in a new road texture which not only looks more detailed, it's a quarter of the size (1.3 MB vs 5.3 MB). These FM7 conversions have a LOT of textures, and Maple Valley has 462 MB of them. If that could be dropped to around 120 MB then that's got to help a lot with performance, right?

How do you go about "subbing" in a new road texture?

"rio on the other hand runs like poo for me haha"

I wish i knew how to edit tracks, or heck even just optimising them. that Rio track was my favorite on forza 7 and just like the two of you it didnt work out well for me at all. very very laggy. its a shame because those forza 7 rips really are exceptional tracks when they function properly. Prauge/Rio/swiss alps/maple valley. but rio is my favorite street car circut to hotlap on aside from nurburgring. ill do some research and see if there is any way i can try to contribute

I'd just like to be able to drive any of the Forza 7 tracks but they all run a bit like poo on my system.

How do you go about "subbing" in a new road texture?
Create a track skin in CM and click 'override textures', then tick any/all of the textures you might want to replace. These will be copied to the skin folder for you to change how you want (keeping the original file names, of course). Do the same with a track whose road texture you want to borrow, copy that road texture (plus associated normal maps, if applicable), drop it in the new track skin folder, rename it to the original texture name for that track. When a track skin is selected to drive on, CM looks in the skin folder and loads any textures from there and ignores ones with the same name from the original locations. You can have a track skin folder with just one texture in, all other textures will be drawn from source. It's an easy fix for overly bright roads - just sub in a darker texture from a favourite track, or isolate the texture using the 'skins' method above and darken it in PS before resaving it back to the skin folder.

Create a track skin in CM and click 'override textures', then tick any/all of the textures you might want to replace. These will be copied to the skin folder for you to change how you want (keeping the original file names, of course). Do the same with a track whose road texture you want to borrow, copy that road texture (plus associated normal maps, if applicable), drop it in the new track skin folder, rename it to the original texture name for that track. When a track skin is selected to drive on, CM looks in the skin folder and loads any textures from there and ignores ones with the same name from the original locations. You can have a track skin folder with just one texture in, all other textures will be drawn from source. It's an easy fix for overly bright roads - just sub in a darker texture from a favourite track, or isolate the texture using the 'skins' method above and darken it in PS before resaving it back to the skin folder.

Wow, couldn't ask for a better "how to" than that. Thanks dude.

Wow, couldn't ask for a better "how to" than that. Thanks dude.
Just remember, 'override textures' doesn't affect the original textures at all, those are safe. It just copies the overridden ones to the new skin folder so that those take priority when the skin is loaded. You could have pictures of kittens all over the tarmac if you wanted, and the proper track surface would return as soon as you untick the skin.
Lots more stuff (and more interesting too) can be done to tracks with configs, but that's where I start to fall asleep and Slider steps in.

Just remember, 'override textures' doesn't affect the original textures at all, those are safe. It just copies the overridden ones to the new skin folder so that those take priority when the skin is loaded. You could have pictures of kittens all over the tarmac if you wanted, and the proper track surface would return as soon as you untick the skin.
Lots more stuff (and more interesting too) can be done to tracks with configs, but that's where I start to fall asleep and Slider steps in.

I'm not sure about pictures of kittens all over the tarmac but I'm gonna try it out with some other things for sure. Got Prague running pretty well by using the Black Cat Country tarmac as that was the last track I drove so thought I'd try that texture and see if it did anything - I think it did anyways. I might try it with pics of my face everywhere just for a giggle

have you tested your reskin to see if it does infact help with performance? on paper it sure as hell seems like it would

have you tested your reskin to see if it does infact help with performance? on paper it sure as hell seems like it would
It's hard to tell because I don't want to drive fast over all those cute little kitten faces.
;)

No, there'd be a lot of work in reworking all the big textures. Just doing the road, grass and gravel by themselves didn't have much effect, if any at all.

Maple Valley performance issues are probably more to do with the sheer number of objects rather than textures. Grouping objects apparently helps a lot, but is slow and tedious to do.

Last edited:
(Need some beta testers on this car)
https://mega.nz/#!Zc13HQZB!-T-8GggYFlhtIB8kvjIRFJr2sCdJu7_UPgmEvibH9FI

This is a WIP, Redid the Display as it was stretched and pixely +default font in a bad way, i just rewrote the Aero files (all of them) and added some new wings + made a tire that resembles a Nitto NT01 Hillclimb tire- almost a slick but not quite. Reworked the force feedback entirely and scrapped the honda civic steering ratio. Major downforce balances. very light suspension adjustment (havnt fully gotten to that yet) and redid the Gearing (make sure to select a final drive in tuning in game or you'll be limited to like 150mph) NEW SOUND TOO!

So i need feedback before i move further and work on actually making it accurate, the thing doesn't even have turbos ffs. it was a mess. but i need to know if the car feels nice to drive in its current state, if it does. it's guaranteed to feel good when i hyperfocus the data to make it accurate. If you want to compare it to the original car its the T16 pikes peak from Assettoland and maybe if you drive that one first before mine you'll understand why im being so hard on that OG car.

anyway need feedback to move forward, or i need to know if the car is not salvageable and if i should scrap it instead

3178261ec6c3ffb269fef46a86488d01.jpg
Thank you! :cheers:

I got fascinated with the T16's potential for hot-lapping the Nurburgring. About all it needed was some edits of the gear train. Now it's a record-breaker, with enough grunt for the slow stuff and long enough legs for the long, long straight. Really rocks the Ring (altho some of the setup params need more range).

The gear ratios:

GEAR_1=2.970
GEAR_2=1.740
GEAR_3=1.290
GEAR_4=1.000
GEAR_5=0.840
GEAR_6=0.720

The final drive ratios:

10//37|3.70
10//39|3.90
10//41|4.10
10//43|4.30
10//45|4.50
10//47|4.70
10//49|4.90
10//51|5.10

Last edited:
I got fascinated with the T16's potential for hot-lapping the Nurburgring. About all it needed was some edits of the gear train. Now it's a record-breaker, with enough grunt for the slow stuff and long enough legs for the long, long straight. Really rocks the Ring (altho some of the setup params need more range).

Like this:

suspensions.jpg

If I'm on the right track, the front wheel rate range needs to go lower and the rear needs to go higher.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back