Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
Hi guys, who wants to compete with the "Fruit Racing"?.....:lol::lol::lol:

Miz9lQH.png ext-03.jpg

Jackfruit 2.5h : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jackfruit.30033/

Banana na : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/banana.29976/
.......enjoy :lol::lol::lol:

yep they do it far more than the Chinese i'm not trying to be racist here but the Japanese in general are like this.

I don't think saying that the Japanese worry about being sued more than other modders is racist....
I think it shows well bred morals and a fear of authority.... which really in honesty isn't a bad thing...
Obviously there are reasons why having people who question authority is a good thing also but not really the point i was trying to make..

Most definitely not racist in any definition...

Now if you took RTM as an example for Russians....................................................

Ran a few laps at Imola and it feels good - certainly nothing jumped out as needing immediate attention. Is the intention to keep it as an authentic hill climber or adapt it to the track? If the latter then the default gears could be lengthened a little, as you say. I personally quickly forget about cars where I have to adjust gears (or even load a preset) before every drive, I'm a lazy default settings kind of guy.
These cars with set-back driving positions (ditto with a lot of DTM cars) always feel a little odd to drive in VR for me - I always feel like I'm stretching. I tend not to use them too much for that reason.

i am the same exact way with the Default settings thing, the only thing i change on cars in tuning is the tire and thats it really. i hate having to adjust the cars since thats the modders job really imo. Now i would personally prefer a track version over a hillclimb version since hillclimb only tops out at like 155mph, thats no good on just about any track. I use VR myself and a fanatec wheel/pedals/ shifter setup. so i know what you mean about that view. is there anything i can do to fix the set back view?? i think ill continue working on the car but ill make it a track car. being that i guarantee itll still be able to climb hills in track configuration. but i you cant do tracks in hillclimb config. so track seems superior

Hello fellow simracers,

I would like to introduce myself. I am Eric and quite new to this forum and simracing hobby.

I have been working on a project "KAMACHI Racing Revival" which part of it involve simracing in AC and I want to share my ideas with you.

My family established a sports brand, KAMACHI, in Hong Kong in the 80's. As a motorsports enthusiast, my father sponsored race teams under the brand to race in the Macau GP for many years.

3 very important race cars to the family are:
- 1986 Volve 240 turbo driven by Johnny Cecotto. Finishing 1st and 3rd in the race
( https://images.app.goo.gl/xnBQGWxUAJv46XS29 )

- 1989 BMW Team Schnitzer M3 by Emanuele Pirro and Alfrid Heger.
( https://images.app.goo.gl/i5sR6e7D4B3rkdjf9 )

- 1991 BMW E30 M3 Group A driven by Hong Kong legendary champion driver Charles Kwan.
( https://images.app.goo.gl/HYLCg59af8fEj1UF8 )

Since it is the 30th anniversary of 1898 E30 M3, I want to bring this back and celebrate it with the community.

First, I've done a replica of the race car and exhibited it in this year's Macau GP.
( https://picpanzee.com/media/2178038864508150376_22977955562 )

Secondly, I want to bring these race cars into the digital age so that the fans and community can enjoy it as a free download.

This will involve:

(1) Get in touch with a skin modder to make the skin for the E30 M3 plus some tuning. It is because for that race, Pirro's race car was 6 speed where as Heger's and Kwan's cars were 5 speed.

(2) Get in touch with a car modder to build a mod for the Volvo 240 turbo.

(3) Overhaul the current Macau race track in AC and turn it back into a historic Macau GP circuit. This will involve moving the starting line to a different part of the straight (be more accurate to the 80's), remove some of the building and bridges, retro skin mod for the track, etc.
( https://images.app.goo.gl/DBJAxJordzLhKoPH7 )

What do you think about this project? Do you like this idea?

I hope to collaborate with anyone who is interested in this, work together or even just point me into the right direction.

** I posted a new thread on the main AC section for more discussion. Hope to hear from you!**

Thank You!

(Need some beta testers on this car)
https://mega.nz/#!Zc13HQZB!-T-8GggYFlhtIB8kvjIRFJr2sCdJu7_UPgmEvibH9FI

This is a WIP, Redid the Display as it was stretched and pixely +default font in a bad way, i just rewrote the Aero files (all of them) and added some new wings + made a tire that resembles a Nitto NT01 Hillclimb tire- almost a slick but not quite. Reworked the force feedback entirely and scrapped the honda civic steering ratio. Major downforce balances. very light suspension adjustment (havnt fully gotten to that yet) and redid the Gearing (make sure to select a final drive in tuning in game or you'll be limited to like 150mph) NEW SOUND TOO!

So i need feedback before i move further and work on actually making it accurate, the thing doesn't even have turbos ffs. it was a mess. but i need to know if the car feels nice to drive in its current state, if it does. it's guaranteed to feel good when i hyperfocus the data to make it accurate. If you want to compare it to the original car its the T16 pikes peak from Assettoland and maybe if you drive that one first before mine you'll understand why im being so hard on that OG car.

anyway need feedback to move forward, or i need to know if the car is not salvageable and if i should scrap it instead

3178261ec6c3ffb269fef46a86488d01.jpg
Thank you! :cheers:

Tried this out at Okutama and it's a hell of a lot better than the original. Feels a lot more stable and planted, and the gearing is better when it is lengthened in the settings. Only thing I've noticed, and this might just be because I'm not a true sim racer and use a controller, but I seem to be locking up the brakes and ploughing straight on into corners fairly easily. As I say it might just be because I'm using a controller and it isn't quite setup properly but I do find I have to modulate the brakes a lot more in this car and not do any late, hard braking lol
And yeah I'd also prefer a track setup as far as default gearing goes.
Oh and don't stop modifying cars just because you might offend some people. You're doing good work making these cars a lot better and you obviously have a passion for doing this so keep it up.

Tried this out at Okutama and it's a hell of a lot better than the original. Feels a lot more stable and planted, and the gearing is better when it is lengthened in the settings. Only thing I've noticed, and this might just be because I'm not a true sim racer and use a controller, but I seem to be locking up the brakes and ploughing straight on into corners fairly easily. As I say it might just be because I'm using a controller and it isn't quite setup properly but I do find I have to modulate the brakes a lot more in this car and not do any late, hard braking lol
And yeah I'd also prefer a track setup as far as default gearing goes.
Oh and don't stop modifying cars just because you might offend some people. You're doing good work making these cars a lot better and you obviously have a passion for doing this so keep it up.
ill fix the brakes, they make 3700NM of clamping force on a 850KG car so its way way overkill. ill drop it to around 3200 and add an ABS system aswell, i have a loadcell brake that you need to put like 200 lbs of force on to fully brake. so when i press super super hard i only get maybe 70% braking force on my setup. so ill start optimising cars with everyone in mind, people with travel oriented brakes and keybored/controller users.

ill fix the brakes, they make 3700NM of clamping force on a 850KG car so its way way overkill. ill drop it to around 3200 and add an ABS system aswell, i have a loadcell brake that you need to put like 200 lbs of force on to fully brake. so when i press super super hard i only get maybe 70% braking force on my setup. so ill start optimising cars with everyone in mind, people with travel oriented brakes and keybored/controller users.

:cheers:

Heres where im at with the t16 hillclimb. ive been working on the engine this morning. here is the stock data i found compared to the engine ive made so far,
upload_2019-12-13_10-27-28.png
thats with a twin turbo.
Update: V2, tried to fix BHP curve
upload_2019-12-13_11-19-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-13_10-28-4.png
    upload_2019-12-13_10-28-4.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Can anybody remove the tinted windows from the gmp Honda NSX?I would do it myself if i could,but i have no clue.
I kept the same darkness level but removed the colored tint. Now it looks like a clear coated window.
Place the .dds file in skin folders.

I can modify it if you want something different.

Attachments

• carwindow_diffuse.zip
    290 bytes · Views: 34
I kept the same darkness level but removed the colored tint. Now it looks like a clear coated window.
Place the .dds file in skin folders.

I can modify it if you want something different.

Thank you for your effort!I maybe doing it wrong,but it still is tinted .I meant that they are tinted looking from the inside,when driving the car.It is very difficult to see especially night or on darker tracks like the nordschleife.Thanks!

Thank you for your effort!I maybe doing it wrong,but it still is tinted .I meant that they are tinted looking from the inside,when driving the car.It is very difficult to see especially night or on darker tracks like the nordschleife.Thanks!
I thought you just didn't like the green tint earlier, lol. This time I completely removed the tint. Try this please.

Attachments

• carwindow_diffuse.zip
    287 bytes · Views: 30
Regards my mini link, I use 100% force in TX control panel so if you don't use that high the ffb will most likely feel a bit light. So i suggest fiddling about in car.ini and bump up ffb multi.

Its not perfect by any stretch but the 'original' was dire.

Formula RSS 3 V6 2.0
__custom_showroom_1557497056.jpg __custom_showroom_1557497169.jpg __custom_showroom_1557497130.jpg __custom_showroom_1557497247.jpg
As appreciation for the support over the last couple of years, Race Sim Studio with @garyjpaterson on 3D duties, proudly present the free Formula RSS 3 V6 racing car.

This car is built to the specifications of the 2019 Formula 3 racing series and features:
  • A 2019 specification professional-grade vehicle model
  • High quality engine sounds
  • Accurately designed car physics with professional team feedback
The project spans months of research and development as well as discussion and feedback with the racing teams of this championship.

We hope you enjoy driving the car as much as we enjoyed creating it for you! For any more information, please visit our Race Sim Studio website.
----------
Car Livery Templates
racedepartment.com/downloads/skin-templates-formula-rss-3-v6.26742/
Link Car: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-rss-3-v6.26726/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back