Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
This new R8 PFAFF S2 Winged on Assettoland... anyone know how to get rid of the big 'look at meeeee' set of white flames (off-throttle at the end of a long straight) but keep the nice little blue ones? It's got me stumped.
I've centralised the digital gear and speed indicators and made the rev and speedo needles visible with lights off, but really want to fix these flames too. Done some cockpit shader tweaks too.
The bodywork area under the rear wing needs tidying too. It's got artifacts from the standard wing, I think.
@GzeroD (or anyone else) - know much about flames?

dang your onto the next fix almost immediately already, really looking back at all the posts here you really are a huge asset to the community Masscot. thanks so much for all that you contribute man. your one of the most involved and helpful guys ive ever met on a forum. i really appreciate all of your work/help, i was just thinking about this audi earlier and now i see you are already on it & fixing it. this isn't the first time you've been ahead of the ball either, so i thought i oughta acknowledge you this time. :cheers:

On a different subject R3E just got a BIG update. To me, with the changes made to FFB and physic, it feels like a different SIM. If you have not tried the update yet, maybe you should, you might be pleasantly surprised (or very disappointed).:D

this thread: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...e-feedback-ai-and-general-developments.14049/
Will help understand how to take advantage of all the new development in the update.

Last edited:
I don't get them. After the back and forth of "exposing me" and calling me a thief and all that, I tried to reason.
I shared a post they made, on facebook for all to see by the way, on here, with ALL CREDENTIALS, links to those people that worked on it and all.
I give up. Whatever, I mean, not a sliver of skin off my sack but I'm not a fan of this attitude.
Last post I get on there:
"Idiots like you is the reason for many modders are keen on doing private mods or quit making mods. If you really have respect for the modding community, you would have asked first instead of thinking like a ****."

Sure. I'm a bad guy.

(not to mention this guy is just reading everything we write here anyways)
Welcome to the banned club! :lol: We’re glad to have your membership. I have the honor of being banned from their FB group just because I’m a member of another FB group. :rolleyes: I literally have not shared any of their cars.

dang your onto the next fix almost immediately already, really looking back at all the posts here you really are a huge asset to the community Masscot. thanks so much for all that you contribute man. your one of the most involved and helpful guys ive ever met on a forum. i really appreciate all of your work/help, i was just thinking about this audi earlier and now i see you are already on it & fixing it. this isn't the first time you've been ahead of the ball either, so i thought i oughta acknowledge you this time. :cheers:
Those are very kind words, thank you, but there are many far more deserving recipients in this thread. I just do little bits and bobs here and there and if they work I'll share them. There are people here making brand new cars and fixing badly broken tracks. Those guys are the real contributors.
:gtpflag:

Sure !
https://www.assettocorsamods.org/product/assetto-corsa-tourin-car-heroes-mod/
———————————-
The Benetton B191 by ASR Formula is now free to download.
Link: https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/benetton-b191-1991/

Benetton B191 - 1991 by ASR Formula V1.0 (12/12/2019)

Installation notes:
Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

ENJOY !

Last edited:
Can you just replace with these? https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mclaren-p1-blue-exhaust-flames.5556/

I was messing around with exhaust flames a while back and trying to improve and perfect them from the abarth 1000tc but I eventually moved on before finishing.

[HEADER]
EDIT_MODE=0
INTENSITY=1000

[FLAME_0]
POSITION=-0.30,0.5,-1.5
DIRECTION=0,0,-1
VSIZE_START=0.15
VSIZE_END=0.1
LSIZE=0.2

Edit, perfect I started page 666, just my luck
I'm still very much a novice at all this but am having fun experimenting and learning, so was trying to understand what was causing the big white flare in the R8 exhaust flames. The smaller blue 'pops' at lower revs are quite nice but the longer white ones that appear after an extended period of high revs (like at the end of a long straight) seem OTT to me, so I was trying to tone them down or replace them. I can't seem to be able to isolate that particular effect though.
Is there any documentation about this?
Does AC actually simulate the amount of unburnt fuel ejected from the cylinders and ignited in the exhaust system?

(is your config above for the Abarth?)

Has anyone seen this Track Config Builder that littleying993 is developing? Looks amazing. Experienced users can generate full track configs very quickly, eg around ten minutes for Ahvenisto in this example.
You'll need to watch the video (available in 4k if you want it) a few times to follow what's going on, but it looks pretty intuitive and very powerful.

From the CSP Discord:
littleying993
Yesterday at 6:37 PM
Track Config Builder v191212 tutorial - Ahvenisto 1.1.
- Only tested with patch 0.1.30
- Takes less than 10 minutes - water, grassFX, seasons, lights, banners, marshalls. - More elements later, e.g. buildings.
- The Python app you need is in the Trello (https://trello.com/b/DqpFvcVb/tcb) in Prerequisites section.
- The config in the tutorial video is in the Configs Library and on the Trello
- Please delete any existing .TCB files as they are not compatible with this release.

Has anyone seen this Track Config Builder that littleying993 is developing? Looks amazing. Experienced users can generate full track configs very quickly, eg around ten minutes for Ahvenisto in this example.
You'll need to watch the video (available in 4k if you want it) a few times to follow what's going on, but it looks pretty intuitive and very powerful.

From the CSP Discord:
littleying993
Yesterday at 6:37 PM
Track Config Builder v191212 tutorial - Ahvenisto 1.1.
- Only tested with patch 0.1.30
- Takes less than 10 minutes - water, grassFX, seasons, lights, banners, marshalls. - More elements later, e.g. buildings.
- The Python app you need is in the Trello (https://trello.com/b/DqpFvcVb/tcb) in Prerequisites section.
- The config in the tutorial video is in the Configs Library and on the Trello
- Please delete any existing .TCB files as they are not compatible with this release.

Incredible, I was just thinking yesterday how much I like the automatic seasonal adjustments on some tracks and was wondering how complex it was to implement that across more of what I have.

Ya, they say on their page that mods from here on out will be encrypted. It's from the GUERILLA Mods | Assetto Corsa page.
Has nothing to do with me, not to mention the Nazis over there already complaining that I shared this here. LMAO
Called me a thief and everything. Almost laughed my coffee through me nose. :lol:

Rest assured, it's not only you they stab at :D

guefb.png

-----------------------------------
From another forum:

"""""BMW M4 GT4 by Facebook modders Guerilla Mods

Apparently they hate people sharing their average converts (which are already free on their private FB page). They are harassing other modders and insist on being dicks overall. So here it is.
Not the original link. Rehosted.

Warning: Encrypted model."""""

Instead of encrypting, they may have to be a bit more precise when adding stuff to their mods/skins:

out.png

in.png

Several people here are doing a much better job at that (just an example).

Edit: another nice touch: you will get wet feet when it's raining. Two holes where you can see the tarmac passing. Must be a bit of fun for VR users:

guemiss.png

Last edited:
Rest assured, it's not only you they stab at :D

guefb.png

From another forum:

"""""BMW M4 GT4 by Facebook modders Guerilla Mods

Apparently they hate people sharing their average converts (which are already free on their private FB page). They are harassing other modders and insist on being dicks overall. So here it is.
Not the original link. Rehosted.

Warning: Encrypted model."""""

Instead of encrypting, they may have to be a bit more precise when adding stuff to their mods/skins:

View attachment 872739

View attachment 872740

Several people here are doing a much better job at that (just an example).

Fun fact: Rshumi is a moderator from Guerilla mods. Strange how he is okay with sharing paid mods from other people but gets extremly triggered when people do the same with guerilla mods. Same with the VK.com group "AssettoWorld". They reupload every (paid and free)mod except for Guerilla. Rshumi is part of the AssettoWorld staff as well.... bunch of hypocrites.

Fun fact: Rshumi is a moderator from Guerilla mods. Strange how he is okay with sharing paid mods from other people but gets extremly triggered when people do the same with guerilla mods. Same with the VK.com group "AssettoWorld". They reupload every (paid and free)mod except for Guerilla. Rshumi is part of the AssettoWorld staff as well.... bunch of hypocrites.

Nice profile picture, always happy to see the SCG003C.

Different topic: I have asked for a few more fixes from GzeroD regarding the Mercedes C11 and in the meantime I will proceed with making the 1991 Le Mans skins for it (#1, #31, #32), usual 8k/4k uncompressed.

Few tweaks to the Audi R8 V10+ LMSKit by CutataWerkz:
  • New 'pop' flames
  • New MOMO driver suit, gloves and helmet (move the included folder as instructed in Read Me)
  • New Audi crew branding to replace Lamborghini original
  • New Audioloids audio

This is a very nice Frankencar, probably my favourite R8 mod: guts and cockpit from the V10+ but de-liveried bodywork from the LMS, but with V10+ active wing.
Very, very mean-looking out on the track.

https://sharemods.com/18y96g5r5dq2/cw_audi_r8_lmskit.7z.html (link updated, and again without capitals in the folder name)

preview.jpg

Last edited:
  • New 'pop' flames
  • New MOMO driver suit, gloves and helmet (move the included folder as instructed in Read Me)
  • New Audioloids audio

This is a very nice Frankencar, probably my favourite R8 mod: guts and cockpit from the V10+ but de-liveried bodywork from the LMS, but with V10+ active wing.

https://sharemods.com/7qfn9hearpa8/cw_audi_r8_LMSKit.7z.html

View attachment 872761

Nice one dude. I take it you figured out the flames then?

Nice profile picture, always happy to see the SCG003C.

Different topic: I have asked for a few more fixes from GzeroD regarding the Mercedes C11 and in the meantime I will proceed with making the 1991 Le Mans skins for it (#1, #31, #32), usual 8k/4k uncompressed.
iu

Yeah Glickenhaus is one of my favorite companies. James is just a motorsport fanatic with a lot of money.
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus is what Ferrari was back in the day when Enzo just wanted to build race cars.
It is good to see that in todays world not everyone cares about money and nothing else.
I hope that they win the 2021 24 hours of Lemans but have low expecations because of Toyota.... it would be a mircale.

But hey, on the other side they already won their class in the Baja 1000 this year against Ford so their cars are actually pretty good.

Different car altogether. I gave up on the other one - the closer I looked the more faults appeared. The A-pillars don't even meet the dashboard...

Oh yeah that was the pffffffft R8 wasn't it lol. I just saw r8 and thought it was the same.
Edit just to say this LMS one looks amazing.

• New 'pop' flames
  • New Audioloids audio

https://sharemods.com/18y96g5r5dq2/cw_audi_r8_lmskit.7z.html (link updated)

View attachment 872761
Oops! Just realised the Factory skins didn't have the config for the new MOMO suits. Link updated, please download/install again. If you moved the MOMO folder before you won't need to do it again. Sorry!
New link (updated again to remove capital letters in the folder name):
https://sharemods.com/18y96g5r5dq2/cw_audi_r8_lmskit.7z.html

Last edited:
  • New 'pop' flames
  • New Audioloids audio

https://sharemods.com/h6lv5kgbbzig/cw_audi_r8_LMSKit.7z.html (link updated)

View attachment 872761
Where can I find more mods of this guy?, I also have his abarth mod and I love it.:D

I'm still very much a novice at all this but am having fun experimenting and learning, so was trying to understand what was causing the big white flare in the R8 exhaust flames. The smaller blue 'pops' at lower revs are quite nice but the longer white ones that appear after an extended period of high revs (like at the end of a long straight) seem OTT to me, so I was trying to tone them down or replace them. I can't seem to be able to isolate that particular effect though.
Is there any documentation about this?
Does AC actually simulate the amount of unburnt fuel ejected from the cylinders and ignited in the exhaust system?

(is your config above for the Abarth?)

I barely know what I'm talking about but If you compare texture flames and configs of different cars I think you can get an understanding of how it's done. The Abarth (not mine, that's the original) is a quick pop. You can leave the config as is except you may need to change the placement but you can replace the textures from other cars or create your own and see what you can come up with, Check the configs on a DRM car vs. the Abarth to see the difference between a quick pop and the opposite.

You can check what was done here with the DRM flames compared to the original as an example: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-flames-for-drm-revival-mod.25808/ (I happen to think the originals are not off at at which can be seen if you watch the old races on you tube)

Last edited:
Where can I find more mods of this guy?, I also have his abarth mod and I love it.:D
No idea and I can't remember where I got the R8 from. It was quite a while ago. His Abarth is great though, isn't it? Have you tried searching FB and YouTube for CutataWerkz?

On a different subject, is anyone interested in trying to lick FM7 Maple Valley into shape? A classic track like this deserves more respect. Maybe a GTP collaboration project?

https://sharemods.com/1n2rwdm034xh/maple_0.1a.rar.html

Current issues/things to add:
Purple horizon (easy fix)
More detailed visual road texture (easy fix)
Groove and skidmarks need adding
Better physical mesh required
Expansion joints in the bridge need smoothing (they're like speed humps in some low/stiff cars)
Short and reverse layouts need adding
Whole track need optimising extensively, FR is abysmal right now
Tree colours could be desaturated a little
It'd be good to get the wind turbines turning (stFlow?)
More 'life' needed (helicopters, balloons, distant airliners, billboard skins... this is where I come in, lol).

What do you reckon folks? Bathurst, Bernese Alps, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Prague.. all proof that FM7 tracks can turn out well with a little TLC.
Maple Valley's been left dangling unfinished for far too long.

No idea and I can't remember where I got the R8 from. It was quite a while ago. His Abarth is great though, isn't it? Have you tried searching FB and YouTube for CutataWerkz?

On a different subject, is anyone interested in trying to lick FM7 Maple Valley into shape? A classic track like this deserves more respect. Maybe a GTP collaboration project?

https://sharemods.com/1n2rwdm034xh/maple_0.1a.rar.html

Current issues/things to add:
Purple horizon (easy fix)
More detailed visual road texture (easy fix)
Groove and skidmarks need adding
Better physical mesh required
Expansion joints in the bridge need smoothing (they're like speed humps in some low/stiff cars)
Short and reverse layouts need adding
Whole track need optimising extensively, FR is abysmal right now
Tree colours could be desaturated a little
It'd be good to get the wind turbines turning (stFlow?)
More 'life' needed (helicopters, balloons, distant airliners, billboard skins... this is where I come in, lol).

What do you reckon folks? Bathurst, Bernese Alps, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Prague.. all proof that FM7 tracks can turn out well with a little TLC.
Maple Valley's been left dangling unfinished for far too long.
I have found in AssettoLand two mazda miata (tuned versions)

Oops! Just realised the Factory skins didn't have the config for the new MOMO suits. Link updated, please download/install again. If you moved the MOMO folder before you won't need to do it again. Sorry!
New link (updated again to remove capital letters in the folder name):

Goddammit! Fanapryde just reminded me about the whole 'no caps in the folder name if you want CM to track your progress' thing, so the link has just been updated again. Third time lucky, I guess.

Just rename the car folder to 'cw_audi_r8_lmskit' if you've already downloaded the car.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back