Akasaka Grand Prix -Ciro from the Giro steals 1st!

We have a winner!!!! Driverman gets it done to win the Akasaka Grand Prix!

Driverman, Gedi, and Lancer are the overall podium and the three class winners. Adam won ITCC with a DNS, definitely GTP's most closely contested series!

Seems I might have taken marunda out at one point, though I didn't feel anything on the DS3...

I think I drove the whole race with damage just kept clipping the walls and it ruined my race.

Welldone driverman great win 👍

I checked the replay, there was clearly NO contact at that moment, marunda probably just made a mistake.

EDIT: Thanks guys, it feels great to win! :embarrassed:

Congrats on the win Ciro from the Giro :sly:

Somebody upload the replay asap, can't wait to see it :)

Race was going well up until about lap 27. Was in the lead but on waining tyres due to taking an early pit to leapfrog Driverman so he caught me pretty easily, then I got lag smashed into the wall at the chicane after making a (even if I say so myself) nifty move through S2. Ho hum! That just broke my concentration and must have crashed about 5-6 times. :rolleyes: Should have had an easy 2nd or 3rd otherwise.

Still, nice to get fastest lap. :)

Funny thing is, there were no actual caution flags. I JUST SAT THERE FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF DOING NOTHING! I love my life. :lol:

I know that feeling redbull, 2 hours of doing nothing back at Trial Mountain, but hey, you had a short caution at the start :)

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. At first I was litterally inches from smacking the RX7 in the butt because I didn't notice it had slowed down :dunce: then all GT300's went for the pits (that is, except Lancer iirc). Either way, I was dropping time like a stone and was forced to let buck go and instead keep my eyes on the pesky Garaiya behind me, whatever I made up on the straight, he made up in the corners or by me making a mistake. But I don't feel sorry for being put under pressure by the underdog 3rd place (:bowdown:). The time around the DC was quite funny though, the gap was closing yet again, and coming to the final corner, it looked like Lancer had gone wide and lost his brakes (I know GT5 doesn't simulate that, but it seemed that way), and just as I was all "HE'S CRASHED, HE'S CRASHED, HE'S" *disconnected from server* :lol:

Pretty sad though me and duke could not see each other, with duke pulling out due to that and lack of ITCC cars. That, and the DC, is exactly the reason I normally try to host races when I'm at my dad's place 👎

Also, to the no-showers, you can all expect to be banned from the next event. You can still register your championships, you can still take part in discussions on the thread, but you cannot sign up for the next. The mark in the book will last 2 years from date of last mark. Obtaining another no-show in this period bans you for 2 events, the third and final, which will never disappear, bans you permanently from all my events/series. Storm will receive half a mark for being late, adam will not receive a mark due to the technical circumstances 👍

Last edited:
I hope that by no-showers you mean those who didn't post here that they won't be able to come.

GTracer98
I hope that by no-showers you mean those who didn't post here that they won't be able to come.

That's exactly how no-showers are defined :)

Off-topic, say hello to a GT6 GameStop preorderer - me! :D

Aside from the weird pileup in pace lap, I kept damage to a minimum and just drove around on funky axle or suspension damage.

I only pitted for gas or tire wear, but I didn't know the race was going to end at 90 minutes. I thought we were doing the whole 65 laps lol, so my pit strategy was based on that hahaha

Grats to Driverman for overall and Lancer for my class win.

Well, I thought of my strategy on the fly, based on the other competitors. I hate planning strategies before the race. :D

Yeah, sorry about the DC at the start. I go by the idea that if the game DC's me even after I have reset my router in the way I always do before a race, (router off, reconfig settings, router on, test settings, load game, clear cache)... that my internet is trolling me and doesn't want me to race at all. Hence why I don't ever attempt a re-join; if it screws with me after that, it's not going to change no matter what I do.

Morten, I have half a mark... what's the punishment for those with half a mark?

Alefin, if you're racing in anything, you need to know how it's all gonna run, to the letter. Nobody likes to kick themselves over missing details like that, unless you're the masochistic type? :sly:

Storm_SP17
Yeah, sorry about the DC at the start. I go by the idea that if the game DC's me even after I have reset my router in the way I always do before a race, (router off, reconfig settings, router on, test settings, load game, clear cache)... that my internet is trolling me and doesn't want me to race at all. Hence why I don't ever attempt a re-join; if it screws with me after that, it's not going to change no matter what I do.

Morten, I have half a mark... what's the punishment for those with half a mark?

You and me both (internet) :lol:

Half a mark is not yet a mark, after all, you showed up but was DC'd 👍

I myself had hopes for a 2-stopper, but I never got to the first of them 👍

See, it might've had something to do with my mother being on the internet at the same time, but that's not been the issue on a number of other occasions.

How many times has someone won their class simply by getting into the lobby? I'm happy with that!
Looking forward to the next one, hopefully not a class of one.

Morten, if I find out that I've gotten a mark because of your schedules, I will not be attending anymore anyways. You never posted the confirmation that we were running, you never posted a reminder in the thread with the hours...

All you did was post "maybe we'll race, if I'm at my dad's place" and you weren't at your dad's place.

You've got it wrong there anyway, Andrew. I'm 99% sure the race was never in doubt, just whether rallymorten would be able to make it.

I'm pretty sure I said something about the race going ahead with or without me whatever the situation may be. Speculations were there, granted, but that's getting long ago by now. Though if you can prove me wrong, I'll strike the marks from today

Edit:

This was posted a few hours prior to the start:

rallymorten
To catch up with the thread:

It will go ahead 👍

Resh's spot in GGT will be opened

You are more than welcome to post pictures from the race in your gallery. In fact, I may use some of them for the review :)

1:30 is a devilish quick time if tuned to spec :scared:

I wouldn't all of a sudden do the GGT championship race today after it being delayed. Causes more trouble than waiting the week for it. The class is still welcome to race :)

Anything I've missed? Except the fact we're less than a Trial Mountain enduro away from qualifying :sly:

Last edited:
Morten, if I find out that I've gotten a mark because of your schedules, I will not be attending anymore anyways. You never posted the confirmation that we were running, you never posted a reminder in the thread with the hours...

All you did was post "maybe we'll race, if I'm at my dad's place" and you weren't at your dad's place.

But he didn't confirm that the race was off. So surely you would assume that it was on?

Back