Am I the only one underwhelmed by the car selection?

The lack of an LFA is a tragedy, especially considering we know they've already modeled it. Prob too cheap to pay Lexus what they want to include it in the same way they were too cheap to pay Lotus what they wanted. I'd wager the same is true for the 918 Spyder since every other similar game has it.

PD is practically in the back pocket of Toyota/Lexus, I'd be surprised if they even had to pay a licensing fee at all for using their cars.

It is very underwhelming.

I assumed the Lotus Esprit and Elise were in the game as standard, they were in GT5 and beautiful looking, especially the Esprit with its headlights brilliantly modelled, what the hell went wrong here? Considering they lumped in a ton of PS2 cars in GT5, I can't quite fathom how the Esprit from GT5 can't be used.

No Lexus LFA, that was an incredible monster of a car, one of the best looking cars in the game and holds up today, stunning, yet it was missing in GT Sport. Surely it can make it GT7, but no it seems. Can't see it on the car list.

How can PD be this slow. I heard news they were outsourcing a lot to get keep up but 12 years on from GT5 this isn't good enough.

Lotus isn't in because they didn't like being paid less than other English manufactures for licensing.

PD is practically in the back pocket of Toyota/Lexus, I'd be surprised if they even had to pay a licensing fee at all for using their cars.

Lotus isn't in because they didn't like being paid less than other English manufactures for licensing.
Don't care that Lotus wants more than they're worth. Lotus is one of the marquee brands when it comes to this franchise, historically. Maybe they don't demand the same price as Ferrari or Mercedes IRL, but within GT they're historically just as popular

Last edited:
Don't care that Lotus wants more than they're worth. Lotus is one of the marquee brands when it comes to this franchise, historically. Maybe they don't demand the same price as Ferrari or Mercedes IRL, but within GT they're historically just as popular
If Sony doesn't want to increase their licensing fee to what Lotus requests, they're just not gonna put them in.

It's really that simple.

You lost me on a few points. You mention "everyday" cars like the GTI or...C63 and M5? Those are absolutely not "everyday" cars lol. They're very rare and still very expensive even in used condition. My idea of a starter car is exactly the type of car a high school or college kid would drive - Honda Fit, Toyota Corolla, etc. Something boring and miserable which has been exactly where GT has always started out. Plus, these cars are actually the cars many people own in real life because they're cheap and common, meaning players can own and tune the car they drive in real life. That's pretty cool.

As for Gr4 cars, I'd argue there isn't enough. As an entry-level race series, Gr4 is the most popular series of cars in the whole game, and a major goal of PD should be to represent as many manufacturers as possible to allow people to race their favorites. For example there is a real-life Alpine A110 GT4, a real KTM GT4, and a couple other real GT4 versions of cars in the game. I would much rather see examples of real race cars that can be used in competitive BoP online races than ridiculous and unattainable - and often undrivable - examples of hypercars. There is a purpose behind grouping race cars into series rather than allowing modifications.

You also mentioned the Boxster as being "not that good", assuming you're talking about its performance, which isn't the point. I'd argue that the Boxster is one of the greatest Porsches of all time simply because it saved the company from going bankrupt. Porsche might not exist anymore if the Boxster had not been successful. Don't forget that while Porsche may have been reasonably successful in racing, they were never actually a global leader in automotive engineering until they started making big money in the 2000s of the back of the discount-developed Boxster and 996, and later Cayenne which was platform-shared with VW. Porsche did not have a leading role in VW development until the mid-2000s after VW had dragged them back from the brink. You might not like the Boxster but it's one of the most important cars Porsche has ever developed. It also arguably spawned the resurgence of sports car manufacturing throughout the 2000s.
Everyday cars in the sense that they have usability for the owner's daily life. It's impossible for everyone to get their real car in the game. Do you have any idea on how many people will actually get to "own and tune the car they drive in real life"? Maybe what, 5 of the player base? Screw those who don't get their real car in game, right? No, the reality is this, modeling cars takes too long and too many resources to just model random stuff. Plus, people change car fairly frequently. Plus, there are way too many models and versions and generations to choose from, it's not like there are any easy/obvious choices.

GT in the past had a great amount of normal cars, because they could afford to. And the game was successful, because it was good and ahead of it's time, not because it had those cars. The variety in the car roster helped.

Said that, people need to realise that, if they own a VW Golf of whatever generation, and the game only has a Golf GTI or a Golf R from that same gen, it should be enough. If people own a BMW 330i, and the game only has the M3 from the same model, it's enough. People need to check their egos, just because they own a certain car, doesn't mean it should be in the game. PD needs to prioritise which cars they choose. And the logic of picking the performance versions of an ordinary car, makes a lot more sense, than picking a normal, slower version of that car. They represent well enough the car some people may own, without feeling like a waste of resources for the rest. See, it's a matter of balance.

As for Gr.4, Gr.3 seems more popular, and we barely got any new cars on that classe either. For Gr.4, with proper BOP, we could technically turn a road car, into a Gr.4 car. As for real GT4 cars, I agree there are some interesting options, like Alpine, the KTM, and I would add the Gineta. Choosing any of those over a McLaren P1 or a Porsche 918? No. There are only 2 or 3 hypercars and close to 30 Gr.4 cars in the game, but somehow people manage to act like the game is filled with hypercars.

As for the Boxster, again I'm not contesting the reasons behind it, but the fact that PD never looked much into what is "relevant". I gave the example of the Audi quattro, which was a game changer at the time, and is yet to be seen in the game, and any other newer Audi road car. And yes, not that good to drive (the Boxster), specially compared to modern day Porsches. Porsche themselves would most likely rather have one of their better/most popular cars in a game, rather than the original Boxster.

My home is all Mopar. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk as a daily driver, so no surprise here, would love to see the Grand Cherokee TRACKHAWK in its full glory be added. Yes, it is heavy but performs well. While we are at, why not put more SUV's in it? Lambo Urus? Porsche Cayenne? Could be interesting. But my pick for the biggest travesty: not including the Ram TRX!!! Only pickups are Ford Raptor and Toyota Tundra? Come on, man, really? The TRX would out perform them both, running stock! So hopefully in future updates PD would add these vehicles.

My home is all Mopar. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk as a daily driver, so no surprise here, would love to see the Grand Cherokee TRACKHAWK in its full glory be added. Yes, it is heavy but performs well. While we are at, why not put more SUV's in it? Lambo Urus? Porsche Cayenne? Could be interesting. But my pick for the biggest travesty: not including the Ram TRX!!! Only pickups are Ford Raptor and Toyota Tundra? Come on, man, really? The TRX would out perform them both, running stock! So hopefully in future updates PD would add these vehicles.
Mid tier Mini Cooper will outrun Ram TRX on many tracks and that's why. Mind that 3500lbs is considered 'heavy' on tracks, and 'over 4000lbs' is usually unacceptable level for frequent track use, yet you mentioned 4500lbs to 7000lbs cars..

I understand your frustration. The total car count is probably the biggest reason as to why I couldn't stay invested in Gran Turismo Sport, so I'm glad GT7 has a fair amount more than Sport. Granted, it's still not a lot of cars compared to GT4, 5 and 6, but it's not too bad of a starting roster.
GT5 and GT6 spoiled me when it comes to total car count, so finding out GT7 only had 400+ after waiting so long for a proper sequel to 6 definitely disappointed me. However, I'm really enjoying my time with the game so far. The physics feel much better compared to GT Sport's, and the cars are so fun to drive and master. It has also been fun getting used to all the new tracks (I mostly skipped Sport, so I'm not familiar with a lot of these tracks). I can confidently say that the positives of this game greatly outweigh the negatives, at least for me. I am optimistic that the final car roster will be much bigger in a few years, but as of right now, I agree with you that the current roster is a tad underwhelming.
I know the main reason as to why GT5 and 6 have such huge rosters is because a large portion of the total cars were imported directly from the PS2 and PSP games with little to no improvements on each, but I honestly figured that a lot of those 'standard' cars would have been 'premiumized' and ready for GT7's release. Admittedly, I'm more of a quantity over quality guy when it comes to car count in racing games, so I honestly wouldn't mind if every car looked 'standard' if it meant having 3000+ cars to pick from (I know I'm in the strong minority with that opinion, but that's okay with me).
Perhaps they are holding out on a lot of the missing cars for future updates, or perhaps I'm ignorant and designing highly detailed cars such as these takes a lot longer than I thought. Perhaps it's a bit of both.
Either way, I'm excited for this game's future and all the free goodies we will be getting.
This is EXACTLY how I feel about this subject.
And I would really love to see more cars that normal people drive. Older and newer. I'm not so much into these hyper cars and such.
Damn how much fun I would have swapping some AMG engine to car like W124 Mercedes with 2.0 litre engine. Then racing/drifting that all over the place. Can't ever imagine getting that kind of joy driving some Red Bull alphaomegasupreme car around Nürburgring.

I’m gobsmacked that none of the recent Super GT cars showed up in the game at launch. More than anything, the JGTC and SGT cars (along with that Escudo) are the very foundation of GT games - the Calsonic Skyline, where is it in this anniversary edition? And back to more recent stuff, Toyota’s Le Mans winner, Button’s SGT Honda etc. Where are they? This series was built on showing off up-to-date J racers...

Mid tier Mini Cooper will outrun Ram TRX on many tracks and that's why. Mind that 3500lbs is considered 'heavy' on tracks, and 'over 4000lbs' is usually unacceptable level for frequent track use, yet you mentioned 4500lbs to 7000lbs cars..
Well, bless your heart. Last time I checked, Mini Cooper was not a pickup. You missed the while point of the post. 2 pickups in the game yet the fastest and most powerful was omitted. Also, have you not seen the videos of the Trackhawk smoking some cars included in this game including the ones with Hellcat engines? I was proposing a new set of races with SUVs. That was why I mentioned including the Urus and Cayenne (also super fast SUVs.) With this game's options to drop weight from the vehicle, pretty sure those SUV's could compete. Btw, you really think the Tundra or Raptor is acceptable "for frequent track use" ? Didn't think so. I am also quite positive they fall into that weight range that you mentioned. And um... Those 2 pickups ARE IN THE GAME. Nice try though. And seriously go watch the Trackhawk videos. Pretty cool stuff, especially breaking the speed record on ice. Have a blessed day.
Check out this one of Trackhawk racing a Lambo.

Last edited:
Nope you're not the only one. I feel I'm driving the same cars I've been using for the past 1-2 years or so. GT7 is GTS in so many ways.
Same cars...same tracks....
Actually GTS was better. I am really disappointed in this game as of now.

Last edited:
Well, bless your heart. Last time I checked, Mini Cooper was not a pickup. You missed the while point of the post. 2 pickups in the game yet the fastest and most powerful was omitted. Also, have you not seen the videos of the Trackhawk smoking some cars included in this game including the ones with Hellcat engines? I was proposing a new set of races with SUVs. That was why I mentioned including the Urus and Cayenne (also super fast SUVs.) With this game's options to drop weight from the vehicle, pretty sure those SUV's could compete. Btw, you really think the Tundra or Raptor is acceptable "for frequent track use" ? Didn't think so. I am also quite positive the fall into that weight range that you mentioned. And um... Those 2 pickups ARE IN THE GAME. Nice try though. And seriously go watch the Trackhawk videos. Pretty cool stuff, especially breaking the speed record on ice. Have a blessed day.
Check out this one of Trackhhawk racing a Lambo.

Nobody wants SUVs or pickup trucks in a racing game, and nobody cares that a Trackhawk will outrun a Lambo in a straight line. If there was a turn in that video it would not have gone well for the TH. Don't get me wrong, I love American Muscle and own a few myself but GT has turns and is a circuit racing game. I'm sure there's a drag racing game somewhere that has plenty of Mopars in it if that's what you're into.

Don't take it so personally, was just saying that people are not playing games like this to drive pickups. Would it have been cool if a TRX was in there? Sure. Would anyone use it other than for one race? Probably not. I think most dread when it comes time to drive one of those pickups in the game.

I will say it's just wrong that there is no Challenger in the game, a Hellcat or Demon would have been a nice addition.

I'm on your side man, I have only ever owned or driven American in real life and have even had a few Mopars. Actually that's not true, I do have a thing for supercharged Jags and have owned a few of those as well but that's besides the point.

Last edited:
Don't take it so personally, was just saying that people are not playing games like this to drive pickups. Would it have been cool if a TRX was in there? Sure. Would anyone use it other than for one race? Probably not. I think most dread when it comes time to drive one of those pickups in the game.

I will say it's just wrong that there is no Challenger in the game, a Hellcat or Demon would have been a nice addition.

I'm on your side man, I have only ever owned or driven American in real life and have even had a few Mopars. Actually that's not true, I do have a thing for supercharged Jags and have owned a few of those as well but that's besides the point.
I get your point. All I was stating was I think it was a travesty omitting the TRX when 2 pickups already exist in the game. And those pickup races must be completed to unlock more content in single player. And if we have pickups, why not the fastest SUV ever produced? I agree totally with you about Challenger Hellcat Demon not being included, especially the Red Eye edition.

I’m gobsmacked that none of the recent Super GT cars showed up in the game at launch. More than anything, the JGTC and SGT cars (along with that Escudo) are the very foundation of GT games - the Calsonic Skyline, where is it in this anniversary edition? And back to more recent stuff, Toyota’s Le Mans winner, Button’s SGT Honda etc. Where are they? This series was built on showing off up-to-date J racers...
Considering PD's love for Nissan, I would be beyond flabbergasted if they didn't include the upcoming Z GT500.

1647143643509.png

I want to Rip this thing around Nürburgring so badly 😔

Well, bless your heart. Last time I checked, Mini Cooper was not a pickup. You missed the while point of the post. 2 pickups in the game yet the fastest and most powerful was omitted. Also, have you not seen the videos of the Trackhawk smoking some cars included in this game including the ones with Hellcat engines? I was proposing a new set of races with SUVs. That was why I mentioned including the Urus and Cayenne (also super fast SUVs.) With this game's options to drop weight from the vehicle, pretty sure those SUV's could compete. Btw, you really think the Tundra or Raptor is acceptable "for frequent track use" ? Didn't think so. I am also quite positive they fall into that weight range that you mentioned. And um... Those 2 pickups ARE IN THE GAME. Nice try though. And seriously go watch the Trackhawk videos. Pretty cool stuff, especially breaking the speed record on ice. Have a blessed day.
Check out this one of Trackhawk racing a Lambo.

No. You missed the whole point. I brought the mid-tier Mini Cooper as an example of entry-level slow cars, meaning TRX is slower than entry-level slow cars on many tracks. I'll say it again. Whether they exist in this game or not, those 'too heavy cars' (i.e. >4000 lbs) are almost always not suitable for frequent track use, not just pick ups, but also SUVs (Urus, DBX707), electric cars (Taycan, Model S), big sedans (S65 AMG, Continental GT SPEED), and many other fatties (including most American muscles). Some of them exist in this game, but it's not because they're suitable or good for frquent track use, so they won't introduce whole lot of those cars on each category. Mind that Bugatti Chiron is also not exactly suitable, even though Chiron could do pretty decent laps on many high speed tracks.

Eh, the last car was added to GTS was in 2021, IIRC? It's not like they release GT's annually. It's really too early to call it.

GT7 actually has more cars than your average game, but the main competition are Forza Motorsport and to a lesser extent AC (with mods), which have many more.

Considering I don't see GT ever catching up with Forza in this department, I think PD needs to act a little more intelligently. I'd absolutely focus on classic icons, significant cars in the franchise and a few modern cars to keep casual audiences interested.

Which is more or less what they're doing now, just not quickly enough.

The thing that's getting me is the inability to change interior colours, I'm sure one of the previous games had different colour combos for the cars such as Ferrari etc where you weren't stuck with that horrible tan interior

I feel the game is missing Audi RS Models and the classic fords an Vauxhall's, not to mention the VW golf R32 and R models. I'd also like to see fast SUVs such as the RR DVR, the Urus and G wagon. The game is also missing S class mercedes along with sl, cl, e class. BMW M5 old and new would also be nice as would the Alfa quadrifoglio and I'm sure there's many more

Last edited:
one sentence you say it was rushed out then next sentence you ask them to put a massive update out within a week of launch. really shows you how little you know about making content
Highlights how little actual work they did on this eh.

Back