America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Someone on the Salt Lake City subreddit wrote a satirical story about Utah and posted it on the website Wattpad, which is apparently a fanfiction website. I read it yesterday and for giggles and grins, I wanted to see what else was on there. Since the M&M thing was in the news I figured "Nah that is too outlandish" so I searched it. What a terrible day to have eyes and be literate. Also, the desire to mate with a green candy is significantly higher than I thought and I firmly believe some people really do need Jesus.

It's also weird to me that a.) candy is being sexualized in the first place and b.) people are mad at a company for removing sexualized candy. I can't say I've ever looked at a package of M&M's and felt hot and bothered by it so maybe I just don't understand.

What 🤬 idiot told Democrats to even get in the time zone of publicly saying midterm elections might have illegitimate results? I know Biden just says dumb stuff sometimes, but they should have gone screaming from the sentiment when he suggested it.

It's like they are deliberately trying to lose as many seats as they possibly can, and I don't understand why.

Last edited:
It's all an orchestrated grift, I tell ya.
You're giving the Mars company too much credit. They got lucky. They’re breathing a sigh of relief over the fact that people are losing their minds because the green M&M isn’t wearing go-go boots anymore rather than losing their minds over the genuine horror story that Mars (and Hershey and many other chocolate companies) are turning a blind eye to child slavery used in producing chocolate that allows them to make such nice profits.

You're giving the Mars company too much credit. They got lucky. They’re breathing a sigh of relief over the fact that people are losing their minds because the green M&M isn’t wearing go-go boots anymore rather than losing their minds over the genuine horror story that Mars (and Hershey and many other chocolate companies) are turning a blind eye to child slavery used in producing chocolate that allows them to make such nice profits.
I thought that was Nestle. Or was this a new story?

TMU, Nestle is involved as well, but Nestle is also facing online backlash revolving around its bottled water.

To Populuxe's point, it's not just the companies. The BBC had an article last year stating the US Supreme Court ruled Nestle & another company could not be sued for child slavery on the farms they buy from, because it happens outside the US.

Last edited:
TMU, Nestle is involved as well, but Nestle is also facing online backlash revolving around its bottled water.

To Populuxe's point, it's not just the companies. The BBC had an article last year stating the US Supreme Court ruled Nestle & another company could not be sued for child slavery on the farms they buy from, because it happens outside the US.
Nestlé, Cargill, Barry Callebaut, Mars, Olam, Hershey and Mondelēz were all initial defendants in the suit, but the Guardian article I read is about eleven months old, so probably out of date by now.

There's no question that Peter Doocy is the lowest IQ member of the White House press corps. I believe the only reason he has a job is that he's completely shameless in asking the really stupid questions his bosses demand of him.

Last edited:
Doocy's a dumb ***, nothing new.

I miss that man.
I believe the only reason he has a job is that he's completely shameless in asking the really stupid questions his bosses demand of him.
It's probably easy to get a job at Fox News when your daddy works there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, he's right, and yes, it was a hot mic, but I'd still prefer a little more tact from Biden. He's supposed to be not Trump.

There's no question that Peter Doocy is the lowest IQ member of the White House press corps. I believe the only reason he has a job is that he's completely shameless in asking the really stupid questions his bosses demand of him.
It's either him, or that NewsMax dunce who straight up asked Biden whether he has cognitive decline at last week's press conference.

What the actual chocolate coated ****? So actually it turns out slavery is fine, just don't do it in their backyard?

Come on America, seriously. Next you'll be telling me that the children in question are black.

A hot mike faux pas and Trump directly calling reporters stupid and enemies of the people is not even remotely similar.
After four years of Trump berating the press, it would have been nice for the practice to have ended when he was booted from office. I want the president to be better, not less bad.

And we went back and forth and we were talking bout just kind of moving forward and I made sure to tell him that I’m always going to try to ask something different than what everybody else is asking. And he said, “You’ve got to.” And that’s a quote from the president. So I’ll keep doing it.
One would hope for Peter it means asking better questions, not stuff trying to get another hot mic moment.

Be sure to vote for Dan, y'all. Mail-in ballots are okay as long it's the GOP breaking the rules they impose on other people. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Be sure to vote for Dan, y'all. Mail-in ballots are okay as long it's the GOP breaking the rules they impose on other people. :rolleyes:
The ballot is already filled out, how can you not vote for him!

I think there is a strong likelihood that Crenshaw will eventually lose his seat by losing his primary seat to an ever farther-right Republican, like a Marjorie Taylor Greene type. His reputation among GOPers has significantly plummeted since he took office three years ago; he went from a bold, courageous young Republican voice, perhaps representing the future of the party, to simply a RINO. His politics are seen as too moderate and not "America First" enough for the MAGA crowd, and his feud with Marjorie Taylor Greene is only making things worse. If you look at his Instagram and Twitter posts, the comments are full of Trumpers calling him a "RINO" or "traitor" and saying how he's going to lose his re-election. I think at this point, Crenshaw knows he's in trouble, but he just doesn't have it in him to go full MTG, even though he's upset the spotlight has moved from him, to "America First" Republicans like Greene and Boebert and Gaetz. I know it's a platitude around here, but it's genuinely insane how ridiculous the GOP base has become, that even someone like Crenshaw, who was only a short while ago a party favorite, is now likened to a "traitor". Makes me wonder, if MTG or Boebert or Gaetz will eventually be the "RINO" for not being openly calling herself a fascist and using racial slurs?

Justice Breyer said to be retiring when the current Supreme Court term ends in June. Disappointing, as I think he's been one of the more thoughtful and well-reasoned Justices of late, even if I haven't always agreed with his positions.

Edit:

Last edited:
Justice Breyer said to be retiring when the current Supreme Court term ends in June. Disappointing, as I think he's been one of the more thoughtful and well-reasoned Justices of late, even if I haven't always agreed with his positions.

Edit:

Which means that they need to rush through in appointing a new justice before November, or else see Obama.

Back