America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Strange. I've played games like Metal Gear Solid, GTA and Destiny for about 20 years now and I've not ONCE thought about going out and committing these crimes in real life. I guess I'm the exception.
But the ratings.
R3V
I'm asking you if you could do FOIA requests to obtain body cam footage of the Uvalde PD during the shooting. You're pretty active here. Seems obtaining those videos would be a good use of time. I'd do it if I could.

The police department's PR responses have been more pathetic than anything I've seen from a police department. Apparently the kids from two different classrooms kept calling 9/11 for an hour before the border patrol agents stormed in. At the same time, a PD spokesman says the shooter was quickly in one locked classroom and throughout the whole time they were resucing other kids.
What are you talking about? Is that even English?

Last edited:
But the ratings.

What are you talking about? Is that even English?
I'm legitmately confused. Which part do you not comprehend? Are you serious or just trolling?

You know what a FOIA request is, right? You know police officers wear body cameras, right? You know they wore them during the Uvalde shooting, right? You know you could walk in to city council (or whatever entity is responsible) and request the footage from the body cameras, right?

Yeah, I don't mess with Call of Duty, Metal Gear, Rainbow Six, etc. cause all those games do is program/brainwash people into violence. That's why all of those are rated mature. It's a mess and I don't want to be a part of it.
FTx_lDmXoAADLdU.png

Last edited:
R3V
I'm legitmately confused. Which part do you not comprehend? Are you serious or just trolling?

You know what a FOIA request is, right? You know police officers wear body cameras, right? You know they wore them during the Uvalde shooting, right? You know you could walk in to city council (or whatever entity is responsible) and request the footage from the body cameras, right?
I'm familiar with FOIA and the veracity of those other statements notwithstanding, I still don't have a ****ing clue why some bad faith, rando POS is saying any of this to me in response to a post regarding internet domain redirects.

I'm familiar with FOIA and the veracity of those other statements notwithstanding, I still don't have a ****ing clue why some bad faith, rando POS is saying any of this to me in response to a post regarding internet domain redirects.
Rando POS? So respectful and cordial. Southern hospitality right there.

I should've kept pooping your posts and the other troll instead of using words. I've seen nothing from either of you but poop emojis, gifs and out of context non-controlled sources. You're going to be the first person I ever put on the ignore list in a forum. Congratulations.

R3V

I should've kept pooping your posts and the other troll instead of using words. I've seen nothing from either of you but poop emojis, gifs and out of context non-controlled sources. You're going to be the first person I ever put on the ignore list in a forum. Congratulations.
here-we-go-again-ohmy-god.gif

R3V
Please don't ban him. I got a good laugh twice from his posts.
Firstly, no moderator action is any of your business, unless it directly involves you. And, believe me, it's much more likely to directly involve you than anyone else currently participating in this thread.
R3V
You're going to be the first person I ever put on the ignore list in a forum.
If you have to tell someone that you're ignoring them, you're not doing a very good job of ignoring them.

In fact you're being deliberately antagonistic by flagging the fact that you're ignoring them. Either ignore them or don't, but don't bleat on about it in either case.

He didn't say he was trying to ban me, he just told me to better construct my posts and not state repetitive evidence/laws that have already been started/created. Good grief all of this has gotten out of control. But I won't be posting here for a while, there's plenty other topics for me to post in. What in the world has everyone been drinking? Lol.

Last edited:
He didn't say he was trying to ban me, he just told me to better construct my posts and not stating repetitive evidence/laws that have already been started/created.
I'm liking your post for the accurate assessment, not because you aren't going to post.

Last edited:
R3V

Wow was this an R1600 alt account all along?

Yeah, I don't mess with Call of Duty, Metal Gear, Rainbow Six, etc. cause all those games do is program/brainwash people into violence. That's why all of those are rated mature. It's a mess and I don't want to be a part of it.
I don't know about Rainbox Six, but CoD and MGS both have spoken out against war/violence at some point within the games. And even if they didn't, how are they supposed to brainwash people anyway? What is it that makes players of these games more violent?

What about even more realistic games like war simulations? I enjoy the genre a lot but rather than developing a need to mindlessly kill after playing I sometimes instead feel like I have more of an idea of how bad real war can be. When I see a simulated missile fail to hit its target and fly into a simulated road or building instead, I realize that no harm is done but it also makes me think, how common is this in reality and how can we prevent it?

I don't know about Rainbox Six, but CoD and MGS both have spoken out against war/violence at some point within the games.
With CoD specifically, I distinctly remember the Nuke scene in CoD 4 being lauded for acting as a very in-your-face representation of the futility of war.
And even if they didn't, how are they supposed to brainwash people anyway? What is it that makes players of these games more violent?

What about even more realistic games like war simulations? I enjoy the genre a lot but rather than developing a need to mindlessly kill after playing I sometimes instead feel like I have more of an idea of how bad real war can be.
Honestly, Battlefield (BF1 in particular) and Ace Combat are a big part of why I'm generally anti-war. BF1 got me into WWI history, and through learning how much of a living hell that was, I realized how horrific war in general tends to be, even though we tend to golrify it quite heavily in games. Ace Combat, Zero and 7 in particular, touches on how war can very easily effect innocent people caught in the crossfire through no fault of their own. Zero also goes out of its way to show the futility of war, as well as the repercussions of unchecked nationalism.

Last edited:
I'm guessing @Chris30 was referring to the multiplayer aspect of those FPSes where such story elements don't even play a part. Having said that, not sure about the calling-out of MGS. Maybe he was talking about that godawful MMO MGS spinoff from a couple of years ago? :confused:

It's all Matthew Broderick 's fault.
If he had played Tic Tac Toe instead of Thermonuclear War, none of this would have happened.

Working in a school with only one door that can be opened freely, from a total of two if you include the magnetically locked side door which does not access any classroom areas, let me tell you that fire drills are really important and they absolutely suck donkey dong. Trying to shuffle 500+ kids through one exit is not pleasant and should not be a codified building instruction.

You are deliberately making conditions worse if you really believe that. It is absolutely trying to think of the worst excuses, coming up with the dumbest recommendations, in order to avoid a gigantically obvious problem.

Last edited:
Working in a school with only one door that can be opened freely, from a total of two if you include the magnetically locked side door which does not access any classroom areas, let me tell you that fire drills are really important and they absolutely suck donkey dong. Trying to shuffle 500+ kids through one exit is not pleasant and should not be a codified building instruction.

You are deliberately making conditions worse if you really believe that. It is absolutely trying to think of the worst excuses, coming up with the dumbest recommendations, in order to avoid a gigantically obvious problem.
Anyone who thinks the cure to a gunman anywhere is a single point of entry/exit (also known as a "choke point") is so dumb they could run for office in Georgia.

Speaking of which, apparently "Bill Gates wants you to eat his fake meat that grows in a peach tree dish" is a sentence that actually came out of the mouth of just such an individual recently.

"Bill Gates wants you to eat his fake meat that grows in a peach tree dish"
LOL, did they mean "petri dish"? If so I guess spelling is hard when you've never been anywhere near a science lesson at school.

Last edited:
LOL, did they mean "petri dish"? If so I guess spelling is hard when you've never been anywhere near a science lesson at school.
I have to imagine said person never went to school, or at least never passed any classes without significant cheating.

I have to imagine said person never went to school, or at least never passed any classes without significant cheating.
I suspect it's MTG who has a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Georgia.

It could be a genuine degree and she's just putting the stupid on. I (also) suspect very few women are that good an actress, though.

FT9b71xWUAECFHz.jpeg

Last edited:
I've put this in Spoiler tags because nobody should be forced to see this harridan, much less listen to the insane, brain-dead vomit that tumbles out of her mumbling Muppet face, but yes, it is.

I've put this in Spoiler tags because nobody should be forced to see this harridan, much less listen to the insane, brain-dead vomit that tumbles out of her mumbling Muppet face, but yes, it is.

Those talking points. I mean if the government were actually run by extreme fanatical Jews, it would make sense in stupidity but then again MTG appears to be this generation's Dan Quayle, except a lot more unhinged.

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Back