America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments

With the benefit of hindsight, we know that no number of officers are going to do what's necessary if they don't want to and maybe it was the wrong decision for officers outside to have tasers drawn to control parents...and of course this aggressively stupid mother****er is talking about video games.

I watched part of it today. It, in combination with Republicans literally blaming everything but the gun, I don't even know what to say anymore. Half my thoughts will get me rightly banned, & the other half feels pointless to express b/c Republican politicians treat reasoning, common sense, & logic like 19 school children.

Apparently there was so much chaos and danger in the school that the police did not let anyone in, but the crux of the matter is, guns should be banned at school especially if their handled around young kids and teens. This is how violence erupts in the world.

I am still mesmerised by the fact that guns were prohibited at the NRA convention during Trump's speech.

Sod ex-presidential security, guns are either safe, NRA, or they're not. What are they afraid of(?)

I am still mesmerised by the fact that guns were prohibited at the NRA convention during Trump's speech.

Sod ex-presidential security, guns are either safe, NRA, or they're not. What are they afraid of(?)
Probably afraid of terrorism attacks!! And that's worldwide.

Do you know what kind of people attend NRA conventions? They can't be trusted with guns.

Actually there should be a law stating that all guns/weapons should be handled properly meaning that you cannot harm anyone or anything with them
Doing harm to someone with something is already against the law. Why does there need to be an additional law that says it again?
Guns should also be banned at school/work too
Pretty sure that, with the exception of any armed guards they may have, guns are banned in schools in most states already.
Apparently there was so much chaos and danger in the school that
Yeah, no.

If you're going to contribute to the discussion on this subject, don't speculate or repeat rumour. Inform yourself first; you were already so badly informed that you thought the perpetrator should go to prison for life despite being dead.

Probably afraid of terrorism attacks!
By the NRA's own arguments, more guns in the auditorium means they're more safe from any situation where a bad guy has a gun - including terrorism. Instead they banned guns. Almost like... they actually think a bad guy with a gun could sneak in and kill someone...
I'm sure Texas will be on a small lockdown after that incident.
Why?

It was four days ago and the perpetrator was alone and killed. What would prompt the state, or any part of it, to enter a lockdown now?

Put some thought into your posts, for crying out loud.

Oh, ok. Well I'm human too and make mistakes. Everyone should know that, I hope.

I guess i'll have to think about what I'm going to post and determine whether it's necessary/makes sense. But I am ontopic here.

Last edited:
Actually there should be a law stating that all guns/weapons should be handled properly meaning that you cannot harm anyone or anything
There is. Murder/manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon are both crimes in America, and so are things like brandishing, reckless discharge of a firearm, and allowing someone who isn't legally allowed to use a firearm to use one you own.
Guns should also be banned at school/work too.
For the most part, they are. Schools are, for the most part, in "gun-free zones" and so are many government buildings. You can't blanketly ban firearms in the workplace though since that policy is up to the private business. Some workplaces allow you to carry guns if you're legally able to and others have a very clear weapons policy. At my work, I can't even carry a knife or pepper spray.

I watched part of it today. It, in combination with Republicans literally blaming everything but the gun, I don't even know what to say anymore. Half my thoughts will get me rightly banned, & the other half feels pointless to express b/c Republican politicians treat reasoning, common sense, & logic like 19 school children.
If Republicans weren't so monumentally stupid, some of their argument might make sense. It's not the gun's fault, but rather the person pulling the trigger and the lack of laws that made access to that gun so easy. So I'd be OK with Republicans saying that gun itself isn't inherently dangerous, but I know that's not what they're trying to say here.

They'd rather blame BS like video games for causing mass shootings. Which begs the question, if video games influenced young people, why aren't more kids signing up for the military since Call of Duty is one of the most played games?

I'm sure video games play a small part since they can and do glorify violence, but a well-adjusted person will be able to separate fantasy from reality. Really before we even get to video games, mental health needs to be addressed as do things like poor school security, ease of firearm access, and, in the case of Uvalde, utterly useless and cowardly cops.

They'd rather blame BS like video games for causing mass shootings. Which begs the question, if video games influenced young people, why aren't more kids signing up for the military since Call of Duty is one of the most played games?
Isn't it weird how the same kids playing those very bad, no good video games are the ones 1 idiot proposed training (#8; 0:15)?

Last edited:
This story flew under the radar. So a good gal with a gun had bigger balls than an entire police department in Texas.

1653794679767.png

Good band name

There is. Murder/manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon are both crimes in America, and so are things like brandishing, reckless discharge of a firearm, and allowing someone who isn't legally allowed to use a firearm to use one you own.

For the most part, they are. Schools are, for the most part, in "gun-free zones" and so are many government buildings. You can't blanketly ban firearms in the workplace though since that policy is up to the private business. Some workplaces allow you to carry guns if you're legally able to and others have a very clear weapons policy. At my work, I can't even carry a knife or pepper spray.

If Republicans weren't so monumentally stupid, some of their argument might make sense. It's not the gun's fault, but rather the person pulling the trigger and the lack of laws that made access to that gun so easy. So I'd be OK with Republicans saying that gun itself isn't inherently dangerous, but I know that's not what they're trying to say here.

I'm sure video games play a small part since they can and do glorify violence, but a well-adjusted person will be able to separate fantasy from reality. Really before we even get to video games, mental health needs to be addressed as do things like poor school security, ease of firearm access, and, in the case of Uvalde, utterly useless and cowardly cops.
Yeah, I don't mess with Call of Duty, Metal Gear, Rainbow Six, etc. cause all those games do is program/brainwash people into violence. That's why all of those are rated mature. It's a mess and I don't want to be a part of it.

Is it games?
Yeah, I don't mess with Call of Duty, Metal Gear, Rainbow Six, etc. cause all those games do is program/brainwash people into violence. That's why all of those are rated mature. It's a mess and I don't want to be a part of it.
It is!

What are the chances that you go do a FOIA request for body cam footage of all officers responding to Uvalde? I'm sure reporters are already on it, but you live in the same state. I'd do that if I were you, just for my own curiosity and to exercise my freedom.

R3V
What are the chances that you go do a FOIA request for body cam footage of all officers responding to Uvalde? I'm sure reporters are already on it, but you live in the same state. I'd do that if I were you, just for my own curiosity and to exercise my freedom.
What?

Oh, for the love of bees.

Guess the suggestion to put some thought into your posts wasn't taken on board.

Well what did you want me to say or give me an example. I actually am being ontopic like the others are, this is about politics, general things in the world,etc.

Strange. I've played games like Metal Gear Solid, GTA and Destiny for about 20 years now and I've not ONCE thought about going out and committing these crimes in real life. I guess I'm the exception.

Well what did you want me to say or give me an example. I actually am being ontopic like the others are, this is about politics, general things in the world,etc.
Not parroting a repeatedly disproven (with literally dozens of proper research papers), trite, boomer soundbite like "games cause violence" would be a start.

I'm asking you if you could do FOIA requests to obtain body cam footage of the Uvalde PD during the shooting. You're pretty active here. Seems obtaining those videos would be a good use of time. I'd do it if I could.

The police department's PR responses have been more pathetic than anything I've seen from a police department. Apparently the kids from two different classrooms kept calling 9/11 for an hour before the border patrol agents stormed in. At the same time, a PD spokesman says the shooter was quickly in one locked classroom and throughout the whole time they were resucing other kids.

Please don't ban him. I got a good laugh twice from his posts.

@Chris30 Brother I don't mean to offend you, but are you smoking the good stuff while typing responses here? You remind me of a few friends.

edit-

Kept calling 911 while they're getting shot one by one. Room 112 was it? Where a kid called a second time saying there's more dead now?

Last edited:
Back