America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
It would be interesting, but we all know what it is.

Coming to a Conservative inbox near you: "Dear Patriots, Trump has announced he will be leading the fight against the radical left wing media in courts against all odds, and he needs your help. Give us money now & also make sure to not turn off that automatic re-billing box, too."
And yet a lot of his donors don't realize how much he hates them by taking a noticeable percentage of their hourly wages so he can do something that will not help them at all.

This "both sides are the same" crap drives me nuts.

Republicans: We want to kill everyone we don't like.
Democrats: No!
Both-sides-are-the-same: Geez, guys. Can't you compromise?
Republicans: Okay, we'll only kill some of the people we don't like.
Democrats: Still no!
BSATS: See, Democrats? This is why no one likes you. You never compromise!

Wow.

Notably, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had previously vowed to try to halt passage of the semiconductor bill if Democrats continued to pursue their party-line bill on climate and drug prices.

Did Democrats actually outmaneuver the GOP for once in the Senate? Regardless of the quality thereof of the semiconductor bill, it certainly looks like Schumer had Manchin publicly trash the reconciliation bill as a non-starter to get Mitch to throw support behind the other one, then immediately pledge to vote for the reconciliation bill as it was written last week after the former passed.

Last edited:

Wow.

Did Democrats actually outmaneuver the GOP for once in the Senate, and use Manchin to do it?
I do hope so, just to know that McConnell will be so pissed that it happened.

Imagine suing for the right to deny certain children food.

Of course this really isn’t about the lunches. It’s about testing how much cruelty the public will put up with. If they can get away with denying trans kids food, then who’s next? Undocumented kids? Queer kids? Muslim kids? Jewish kids?

Of course this really isn’t about the lunches. It’s about testing how much cruelty the public will put up with. If they can get away with denying trans kids food, then who’s next? Undocumented kids? Queer kids? Muslim kids? Jewish kids?

The last 2... well, let's just say there's a reason I went to private school.

Ken Paxton is definitely getting the Hitler punishment from Little Nicky when he arrives in hell.

Laughing 02.gif

Sure looks like they did it intentionally.

The senate just killed the contraception bill, I haven't seen the official vote numbers but from what I read I'm inferring that it was 2 votes short of 60.

I just assume it's the Dave Chappelle meme where he says "because 🤬 'em, that's why"

Also, I would 100% believe Mike Lee ran on a pro-burn pit platform.
They wrote a different variation for each GOP member who rejected the bill.

This has to be the angriest Onion satire I've ever read, but righteously so.

I just assume it's the Dave Chappelle meme where he says "because 🤬 'em, that's why"

Also, I would 100% believe Mike Lee ran on a pro-burn pit platform.
Senator 1: Welcome to Washington D.C. may I help you?
Senator 2: My butt's itchin' like crazy and I took a shower.

Man. You know, for a bit Jon I'm assuming put together himself out of his own damn house, it sure hits all the beats of him at the height of his powers with an entire army of some of the best writers on television at his side.

Remember how they replaced that man with someone whose idea of satire was spending a summer blowing Andrew Cuomo just because Cuomo got in public slap fights with Trump over how much better his coverup of New York's disastrous Covid response was over the federal government's attempts to do the same?

Last edited:
So the PACT Act is headed to Biden for a signature, which he's expected to give, after an 86-11 vote in the Senate. No new amendments, just the same omitted language regarding contract buyout that blocked its implementation in June after an 84-14 vote.

The supposed additional language (or "pork") re: mandatory versus discretionary funding that caused Republicans to stall on the second passage wasn't enough to stall any longer, probably because there was no such additional language and the amendment proposed by the rat mother****er Toomey that would make the issue a future political pawn didn't take.

Garbage. On. Parade.

Edit: Looks like there was a confrontation between Jon Stewart and right-wing disinformation artist Jack Pedosobiec outside the Capitol, during which Stewart rightly called Pedosobiec a "****ing troll." I love it.

Last edited:
Back