America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,741 comments
That's what I have been told. Every foreigner entering the US (airport) get fingerprinted.

Correct. I'm flying to the US every 3 months for work and each time they take fingerprints. Not a big deal though, it's a quick scan of your fingertips which only takes five seconds. No ink involved :)

Finding a celebrity activist with a good cause who isn't just asking other people to donate, but actually doing the work herself seems like such a rare thing. Is she begging you to help people? No. Is her cause truly humanitarian and in the spirit of progress in a part of the world that desperately needs it? Absolutely.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...s-school-afghanistan-20130402,0,2556455.story

👍 to Angelina.

Angelina Jolie is one of those people I find to be an enigma. I want to respect her for this kind of thing, but then when I hear her talking in interviews or imagine her personality from the tidbit glimpses we see of her personal life I think she would be super blowhardy.

But she doesn't come off like Bono, so who knows?

Angelina Jolie is one of those people I find to be an enigma. I want to respect her for this kind of thing, but then when I hear her talking in interviews or imagine her personality from the tidbit glimpses we see of her personal life I think she would be super blowhardy.

But she doesn't come off like Bono, so who knows?

She also secretly visits wounded soldiers.

But there are people like that in the government. My statement stands.

He does have a point. *cough*Todd Akin*cough*Michelle Bachmann*cough*

This marks the beginning of the drone era I suppose.

That back-room bargain, described in detail for the first time in interviews with more than a dozen officials in Pakistan and the United States, is critical to understanding the origins of a covert drone war that began under the Bush administration, was embraced and expanded by President Obama, and is now the subject of fierce debate.

A decent read, makes it easy to see why people where watching Brennan's confirmation with eagle eyes.

MSNBC has a solution to all our problems: Quit thinking you should take responsibility for your kids. They belong to the collective.

Last edited:
MSNBC has a solution to all our problems: Quit thinking you should take responsibility for your kids. They belong to the collective.

Wow. I can't believe that communist boo'cheat is on American television.

In other news, The Minister of Truth Derrick Grayson is running for the Senate. I hope he's doing it as a republican. 3rd parties in georgia? Wouldn't stand a chance.

I'm pretty sure that's a badly worded way of saying that you shouldn't aim to take care of ONLY your kid...

And as to the second one, I don't see how it's a bad thing to say that people have the right to be in acceptable living conditions?

Has more to do with the network it's on and how they'd advocate you ensure those living conditions.

I'm pretty sure that's a badly worded way of saying that you shouldn't aim to take care of ONLY your kid...

That's a bit of a stretch. I'm more than certain that they mean exactly what they say. You must understand that they're practically American communists.

And as to the second one, I don't see how it's a bad thing to say that people have the right to be in acceptable living conditions?

You don't. Mainly due to the fact that we do not define "acceptable living standards". You do have the right to life though.

The natural rights of individuals that are protected by our constitution guarantee equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome as Ms Harris-Perry and so many of today's politicians seem to be pushing for.

If you agree with her collectivist view of how our society should function then by all means, enjoy that opinion, but it would be naïve to think that she meant anything other than what was plainly stated.

I agree with everything she says, except the inference about it having anything to do with the government. I think children are better raised when the community as a whole takes an interest in it's children. The ultimate responsibility lies with the parents of course, but everyone close to that child can and should play a role in their upbringing. As a community based idea it's wonderful. If it has anything to do with the government it'll be a disaster.

I did not watch the vids as I don't have a stomach for it. When I was a kid people respected one another and that included their children of course, now a days it's a mater of judgement and a one up.

I don't think it takes a village to raise a child, at all. Enough with the Hillary b.s.

I believe that parenting is just a million ways to screw up your kid. I don't need that responsibility for other kids. I sure don't want other people, like Mrs Harris-Perry here, trying to take care of my kids.

I live in an age where they are trying to tell me competition is bad, shelter them from everything, even peanuts (OH NOES!!!), and the slightest hint of bullying should be attacked with police force. Call me crazy, but I do not believe the best way to send my child out into the world is by not having her prepared for reality and conflict. The best way to prepare our children is to send them out with no experience? BS.

Look, my wife and I can't always agree on what's best. When others get into the mix my daughter thinks the bad S-word is Stupid. Do you know how hard it is to explain to her that there are stupid people, like the person who told her that there weren't? She is in daycare and one day a week preschool for a three-year-old and I'm already butting heads with these people. Why should I let them have any more say?

Add in that there are studies showing that a stable family (often two-parent,, but not necessarily) home has better measurable success results than single-parent/unstable family homes and that parent involvement is huge and I refuse to believe anything is more important to my daughter's development and success than me.

As for the second part; producers and achieves deserve more than just a little more (I wonder what her house looks like). And while she may like to talk about a bare minimum standard she forgets to mention that every time we do raise it they look at it and say it is still bare minimum. Yes, the poorest people are always the poorest people. Raise the minimum all you want and it will still be the minimum. What she also forget to mention is that the minimum must be given and that can only be done by taking from all the others.

I agree with everything she says, except the inference about it having anything to do with the government. I think children are better raised when the community as a whole takes an interest in it's children. The ultimate responsibility lies with the parents of course, but everyone close to that child can and should play a role in their upbringing. As a community based idea it's wonderful. If it has anything to do with the government it'll be a disaster.
Sorry, but this community parenting idea really caught on with the millenials and all they created was a narcissism epidemic as large as the obesity epidemic.
http://health.usnews.com/health-new...pidemic-why-there-are-so-many-narcissists-now

No thank you. My child, my raising.

No thank you. My child, my raising.

👍

I'll add(even though I say it so much it must bother people) I believe in old school family values, ring me up as an ignorant protestant if you wish, it's not really the case but whatever.

👍

I'll add(even though I say it so much it must bother people) I believe in old school family values, ring me up as an ignorant protestant if you wish, it's not really the case but whatever.

I just linked a story on research that two-parent, or stable family (divorced, but both parents present and involved) home is best in studies. You aren't too far off the mark, depending on how you define old-school family values.

Last edited:
We are on the same page fk, no need for me to speak of my experiences and such.

EDIT: you are married with a child no? I wish you all the best in the most exciting and rewarding part life has to offer.

Last edited:
Back