America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,739 comments
The American Dream. And where it went. Some really interesting graphics.

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/26/ame...ow_bad_policies_and_worse_ideology_ruined_us/

The concluding sentence is so telling:-

And that’s largely thanks to the policies put in place by GOP politicians who are intent upon delivering for those rare “American Dream Achievers” — and nobody else. You can’t blame the African-Americans. They know the score and don’t vote for these dream killers. The Southern white working class is another story. They’re participating in their own demise.

So, because historical polling data from the last four years, all within an Obama presidency, shows a decrease in those who think the American Dream holds true it is because Republicans are greedy bastards? That seems an odd conclusion with no other real evidence other than a deliberate misquoting of an article she just copied and pasted two paragraphs from.

So, because historical polling data from the last four years, all within an Obama presidency, shows a decrease in those who think the American Dream holds true it is because Republicans are greedy bastards? That seems an odd conclusion with no other real evidence other than a deliberate misquoting of an article she just copied and pasted two paragraphs from.

I was left confused, the Gatsby curve seems to have been a one-off piece of measurement-in-time (rewarded with a bottle of wine for the presenter, or so I read). Some interesting beans in there but not the hill that the author seems to think.

There was an armed jumper at the White House the other day who overpowered a female Secret Service Agent and made it all the way to the Green room before he was subdued by an off-duty male agent.

Now it transpires that a triple convicted felon armed with a gun was allowed onto an elevator with the President a few days ago.

After Obama recently accused his own intelligence services with underestimating ISIS, it was pointed out that Obama had missed nearly 60% of his intelligence briefings, preferring to golf, vacation or play basketball with his buds instead. Some are now accusing Obama of dereliction of duty, and wondering if he is safe from his own derelict Secret Service.

Last edited:
And I'd like to say a big 🤬 to the SS* and NSA. Of course, given their 🤬 track record, they'll end up 🤬 every 🤬 thing I try to 🤬.

*Irony?

America's own dysfunctional, super-rich, out-of-touch, mostly-drunk, heavily-armed and questionably-diverse-in-lineage Royal Family have been at it again.

Palin Clan Brawl, Police Report Amazing Moments.*

*You won't believe what happened next, and this housewife earns $4600 an hour from home with this miracle recipe that doctors don't want you to know.
Actually we consider the Bush's and Clinton's to be our Royal families.

Actually we consider the Bush's and Clinton's to be our Royal families.
And Kennedy's, even though their relevance is dwindling down to a disgraced spouse of a half daughter.

America's own dysfunctional, super-rich, out-of-touch, mostly-drunk, heavily-armed and questionably-diverse-in-lineage Royal Family have been at it again.

*You won't believe what happened next, and this housewife earns $4600 an hour from home with this miracle recipe that doctors don't want you to know.

The police report is a hoot!

Although it was initially thought that someone had videotaped it, that turned out to be false.

Of course, had this happened in the White House, it would all be on security cameras.

Read on and laugh yourselves silly! https://www.scribd.com/doc/242520802/Police-report-Palin-family

Actually, I think you're referring to Track (c'mon, I've seen snooty Irish language enthusiasts with less ridiculous names!) Palin, but you had me imagining Brick Tamland joining the Palins' brawl. :lol:

Who pays the pensions of former Auschwitz guards? In some cases the US, apparently. This "legal loophole" is to be closed, a bit late given that old-age is going to clear the problem up more quickly than legislation.

How could this go on so long without anybody blowing the whistle?

Okay, it's ex-Nazis who have brought this to light and arguably rightly so in some cases but just as a general rule of thumb:

The US justice department says benefits are paid to individuals who renounce US citizenship and leave voluntarily.

Why?!

As for "Nazis" that can be used in a very broad context. I'd imagine a fair few Nazis who have successfully claimed benefits in the USA are those German scientists they stole at the end of the war. Not all of those were working for the NSDAP, Waffen-SS or Wehrmacht of their own volition but still...

Last edited:

Just when you stopped snorting coffee out of your nose, they publish the audio!

http://www.adn.com/article/20141021/police-photos-audio-released-scene-party-brawl-involving-palins

Pretty sure nobody has been happy with it. I hate to agree with Holder about anything but he's right. This info should be released in whole.

Pretty sure nobody has been happy with it. I hate to agree with Holder about anything but he's right. This info should be released in whole.

I'm exasperated by the ongoing idea that there can only be one party "in the wrong" here (not from you, I'm commenting in general). I agree with Holder too, if the police have acted correctly then its important that people know, if they acted correctly it's equally important that people know.

The worry is the idea of an instinctive cover-up, maybe the officer in this case will turn out to have been justified in his actions and what we're seeing is a corrupt department that covered-up out of habit rather than circumstance.

If so the issues in the town go way beyond this case (and shouldn't be allowed to be obfuscated by it).

There has been another school shooting - our media is reporting that this is the fifty-first school or college campus shooting this year.

Why can't these guys take their beefs to the street like they used to?

Most of these school shootings used to be street shootings.

Back