America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
navy-birthday-.jpg

Happy 241st Birthday!

I wasn't sure where to post this short documentary. But since it is about the President of the United States, I thought I would post it here.

It is a fascinating film about Barack, and his then fiancee, Michelle as they visit Africa.

It was made by Barack Obama's sister. It is about his visit to to her home in Kenya in the early 90's.

Then as now, though, you can see Obama's racist tendencies on full display.

Old news, surely? This is hardly the US's first acknowledged involvement.
They have been funding the Saudis for years but this is infact the first involvement using their own Military.

Go on, I'll bite. How are they allied to Al Qaeuauaaueeda?

Obviously not direct allies, but the Saudi's are funding them using US money and equipment and they are all fighting the same enemy being the Houthi(Shia) Rebels.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35630194

Same thing is happening in Syria with Al Nusra(Al Queda in Syria).

They have been funding the Saudis for years but this is infact the first involvement using their own Military.

So what about the drone strike from 2015 that I linked for you? I'd suggest that they have been involved before now but that it simply hasn't made your radar?

Obviously not direct allies, but the Saudi's are funding them using US money and equipment and they are all fighting the same enemy being the Houthi(Shia) Rebels.

Tenuous, then.

So what about the drone strike from 2015 that I linked for you? I'd suggest that they have been involved before now but that it simply hasn't made your radar?
It's a similar thing so if you want to get a cookie for being right then I guess you get one, but there is a difference from using an unmanned drone and a Navy warship with personnel.

Obviously the result is more or less the same though.

Tenuous, then.

America is allies and funds Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia is allies and funds Al Queda so it's certainly notable, which would make US allies by Proxy with them.

Tenuous, then.
Okay, it is tenuous. It's not even clear to me how closely the Houthi may be linked to Iran. But is there a better explanation- a better reason or justification - for all the violence and carnage taking place in Yemen?

Okay, it is tenuous. It's not even clear to me how closely the Houthi may be linked to Iran. But is there a better explanation- a better reason or justification - for all the violence and carnage taking place in Yemen?

Saudi is basically the Country that makes sure all of the middle east is Sunni and has it's hands directly involved in places that there is Shia influence and or control, with US backing them up.

Let me tell you the curious case of Michael Vance, who is currently on the run from police after shooting two officers, killing two relatives, and wounding two more civilians. That is six people shot in the span of less than 24 hours, and as of post time, he is still on the run.

Timeline

Sunday, October 23rd 6:30 pm (local time) - Wellston police in Oklahoma respond to a call that said that a group of men had guns displayed in a bed of a pickup. The group of six to nine men responded to police until the officers, full-time officer Jim Hampton, reserve officer Shawn Stewart, reserve in training officer Alfred Hancock and a sheriff's deputy, asked for IDs, and were fired upon by 38-year-old Michael Dale Vance Jr., first with a .22 and then with an AK-47 style semi-automatic rifle. He wounded Hampton and Stewart with non-life threatening injuries before escaping in the police truck. Another man, identified as Tony Heavner, was arrested a short time later, according to a court affidavit.

Police say that Vance, who was arrested on child sex abuse charges for assaulting a 15-year-old girl, then drove to the adjacent neighborhood, where he passed himself off as an undercover officer and stole a 1996 Lincoln Towncar. He left, but not before attempting to shoot the owner of the car and his four-week pregnant wife. The shots went into a mobile home, where it wounded a woman inside via shrapnel. The woman refused medical treatment.

9:30pm

Reports came in that the same Towncar that was stolen from the mobile home community was located at a Luther residence, which prompted Oklahoma City police to send a helicopter over the home of 17110 NE 206th, the residence of Vance's uncle. From the air, police spotted a body, according to court documents.

Law enforcement then sent a robot on to the property and police confirm a man there was dead, and later found a second victim inside the building. Police identify the couple as Valerie Kay Wilkson, 54, and Ronald Everett Wilkson, 55. They report that Ronald was shot once with the rifle and Valerie received multiple stab wounds. Both victims had their necks slashed. It appeared that Vance was trying to cut off Ronald's head and remove Valerie's arm.

Law enforcement then reported that a gray or silver 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse was stolen from the home and left in an unknown direction. The victim's son was then quoted as saying, "all we know is our parents were killed … we've got people still coming in from out of town,” and refused further comment.

Monday, October 24 2:38 am (local time)
Police in Sayre were called to a shooting at the Flying J truck stop off Interstate 40. Police say that Randy Frost, 47, was shot twice in the leg after Vance attempted to steal a motor home. Vance escaped in the same Eclipse and was believed to be heading back to the OKC or Lincoln county areas.

Vance is described as 5'11", about 210 pounds and has "a medical condition and may try to spread disease", according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Let me tell you the curious case of Michael Vance, who is currently on the run from police after shooting two officers, killing two relatives, and wounding two more civilians. That is six people shot in the span of less than 24 hours, and as of post time, he is still on the run.

Timeline

Sunday, October 23rd 6:30 pm (local time) - Wellston police in Oklahoma respond to a call that said that a group of men had guns displayed in a bed of a pickup. The group of six to nine men responded to police until the officers, full-time officer Jim Hampton, reserve officer Shawn Stewart, reserve in training officer Alfred Hancock and a sheriff's deputy, asked for IDs, and were fired upon by 38-year-old Michael Dale Vance Jr., first with a .22 and then with an AK-47 style semi-automatic rifle. He wounded Hampton and Stewart with non-life threatening injuries before escaping in the police truck. Another man, identified as Tony Heavner, was arrested a short time later, according to a court affidavit.

Police say that Vance, who was arrested on child sex abuse charges for assaulting a 15-year-old girl, then drove to the adjacent neighborhood, where he passed himself off as an undercover officer and stole a 1996 Lincoln Towncar. He left, but not before attempting to shoot the owner of the car and his four-week pregnant wife. The shots went into a mobile home, where it wounded a woman inside via shrapnel. The woman refused medical treatment.

9:30pm

Reports came in that the same Towncar that was stolen from the mobile home community was located at a Luther residence, which prompted Oklahoma City police to send a helicopter over the home of 17110 NE 206th, the residence of Vance's uncle. From the air, police spotted a body, according to court documents.

Law enforcement then sent a robot on to the property and police confirm a man there was dead, and later found a second victim inside the building. Police identify the couple as Valerie Kay Wilkson, 54, and Ronald Everett Wilkson, 55. They report that Ronald was shot once with the rifle and Valerie received multiple stab wounds. Both victims had their necks slashed. It appeared that Vance was trying to cut off Ronald's head and remove Valerie's arm.

Law enforcement then reported that a gray or silver 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse was stolen from the home and left in an unknown direction. The victim's son was then quoted as saying, "all we know is our parents were killed … we've got people still coming in from out of town,” and refused further comment.

Monday, October 24 2:38 am (local time)
Police in Sayre were called to a shooting at the Flying J truck stop off Interstate 40. Police say that Randy Frost, 47, was shot twice in the leg after Vance attempted to steal a motor home. Vance escaped in the same Eclipse and was believed to be heading back to the OKC or Lincoln county areas.

Vance is described as 5'11", about 210 pounds and has "a medical condition and may try to spread disease", according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
I was reading about this dirtbag on the news earlier, the "disease" part is very vague. I wonder what that could be? The title of the article I read, made it sound like he had vials of the Bubonic Plague, but I take it it could be something like an STD, or hepatitis.

I was reading about this dirtbag on the news earlier, the "disease" part is very vague. I wonder what that could be? The title of the article I read, made it sound like he had vials of the Bubonic Plague, but I take it it could be something like an STD, or hepatitis.
He was shot in the shoulder, so maybe a blood born disease?

Politics aside, I pity the poor bugger whose job it is to go through Anthony Weiner's laptop and emails - there's got to be some stuff on there that nobody wants to see.

Are there any states which anyone thinks would be self-sustaining enough to go completely independent and not collapse into a complete mess?

California would be my first thought.

Are there any states which anyone thinks would be self-sustaining enough to go completely independent and not collapse into a complete mess?

California would be my first thought.
California is a lot bigger mess then people think it is. If they did succeed, and they lost the water they've been stealing from other states for years, southern Cali would burn/dry up.

I'm sure there's several states that would do fine as countries though. Not a whole lot different in size then European countries, some quite a bit larger. Alaska and Texas come to mind, they would make a mint selling oil.

Not necessarily. They can desalinate water from the ocean, though that would require quite a lot of investment that they don't have.
Yes, they've been talking about doing that for years, and it's still not happened. I've even read stuff on using tugboats to bring down huge icebergs, and using them for water. It's kind of crappy how neighboring states are getting shafted, just so Cali can water their lawns and keep their thousands of golf courses green, but that's a whole different topic. (Don't get me started on Las Vegas) :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, they've been talking about doing that for years, and it's still not happened. I've even read stuff on using tugboats to bring down huge icebergs, and using them for water. It's kind of crappy how neighboring states are getting shafted, just so Cali can water there lawns and keep their thousands of golf courses green, but that's a whole different topic. (Don't get me started on Las Vegas) :lol:
Arizona and/or Phoenix is just as guilty. As far as California goes, the ocean can provide more than enough water that they would need, especially since ocean levels are rising. If they need it badly enough, they can make it work.

Texas has wanted to break away for years, and now many California citizens are pushing for the same.

I am confident California can sustain itself.

Arizona and/or Phoenix is just as guilty. As far as California goes, the ocean can provide more than enough water that they would need, especially since ocean levels are rising. If they need it badly enough, they can make it work.
You can make almost anything work, if you have enough money. The problem is, California can't pay their bills as it is right now. They are 400 billion+ in debt.

You can make almost anything work, if you have enough money. The problem is, California can't pay their bills as it is right now. They are 400 billion+ in debt.
California can use the money from the legal pot sales to build giant desalination plants, and still have money to burn. Frikkin' Hippy state. :P
^^ He makes a good point with the pot taxes. They can use them to pay for desalinization. :P

I always find it funny how money runs everything. A state is in extreme drought and their most obvious solution to solve their water issues can't happen because they can't afford it.

Back