America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Or it's the mark of someone who thinks they are always right...which is one of the hallmarks of an inflated ego.
Yeah I agree he has a YUUGE/inflated ego, just also think it's pretty fragile. If SNL is enough to get the most powerful person on the face of the earth upset at 3AM I'd call that a fragile ego.

If im being very evil, I'll say that I'm glad Trump is a president.

So nations other than USA, especially Asian countries, can finally regain their victory over the world, especially economically.

Yeah I agree he has a YUUGE/inflated ego, just also think it's pretty fragile. If SNL is enough to get the most powerful person on the face of the earth upset at 3AM I'd call that a fragile ego.
He's like a real-life Zapp Brannigan. Which is probably why Billy West recorded some of Trump's pearls of wisdom in Brannigan's voice during the election campaign.

All of this scares me, a lot, reminds me all too well of a pair of "leaders" who took control of their nations back over 80 years ago. I'll leave this here:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

All of this scares me, a lot, reminds me all too well of a pair of "leaders" who took control of their nations back over 80 years ago. I'll leave this here:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Can you please explain exactly what scares you about Trump? What policies do you think are similar to Hitler's policies?

Also, I'm fairly sure everyone remembers Hitler and WW2, that isn't forgotten. Provided that is what you're talking about, of course.

I think people are over exaggerating the power Trump had.

For starters, Trump said that his view on gay marriage is irrelevant as the law for gay marriage is already pass so it's likely that he won't even attempt to ban gay marriage again.

Also, for any law and actions to be done by the president, I'm sure that he still needs approval from stuff like the Congress and the Supreme Court.

If anyone is actually terrified of the wall, it'll never happen no matter what Trump or his supporters say, from what it is now, the plan is too difficult to pull off especially with Mexicans refusal to pay portions of it.

Holy 🤬 the press secretary briefing that just happened..... unreal

Yeah they shouldn't nag about that, the press is going to stay on their case anyhow like it has always been. Hope they don't start every press conference with a lecture :boggled:

He is not a Fascist or a Communist. He's just your typical right-wing businessman, except he's the President (not to say that that's a good nor bad thing).

What worries me is his push towards re-industrialization (dirty reindustrialization, like emissions) and non-clean energy sources, which is one of the few reasons why I liked Hillary.

I'd also like to see military cutbacks, but with his talks of ending Muslim Radicalism I doubt that will happen. Our military spending will probably double and our tax revenue will probably halve.

Also, for any law and actions to be done by the president, I'm sure that he still needs approval from stuff like the Congress and the Supreme Court.

A Republican President, a Republican majority in Congress, and a (soon to be) Republican majority in the Supreme Court. If he can get undivided support of the Republicans in Congress (which is unlikely at the moment), he'll be able to do almost anything.

Last edited:
Can you please explain exactly what scares you about Trump? What policies do you think are similar to Hitler's policies?

Also, I'm fairly sure everyone remembers Hitler and WW2, that isn't forgotten. Provided that is what you're talking about, of course.
Hitler didn't get into power on a platform of exterminating the Jews. He was himself a populist, able to tap into the discontent of the German people - particularly the youth - who felt that the Weimar Republic had given in to the demands of Europe and sold their futures to pay for the rebuilding of Europe in the aftermath of the war. If you compare Hitler's early expansion of Germany, it matches the borders of Imperial Germany almost perfectly. The whole ideology of Nazism promoted the German people as genetically perfect and therefore he was fulfilling their destiny by restoring them to their former glory.

Hitler didn't get into power on a platform of exterminating the Jews. He was himself a populist, able to tap into the discontent of the German people - particularly the youth - who felt that the Weimar Republic had given in to the demands of Europe and sold their futures to pay for the rebuilding of Europe in the aftermath of the war. If you compare Hitler's early expansion of Germany, it matches the borders of Imperial Germany almost perfectly. The whole ideology of Nazism promoted the German people as genetically perfect and therefore he was fulfilling their destiny by restoring them to their former glory.

I'm aware of that. That still doesn't answer the question that I asked @catamount39. No offense but I'd really like him to answer, I genuinely want to know why he is scared.

*takes a while to type on a tablet*

He is not a Fascist or a Communist. He's just your typical right-wing businessman, except he's the President (not to say that that's a good nor bad thing).

What worries me is his push towards re-industrialization (dirty reindustrialization, like emissions) and non-clean energy sources, which is one of the few reasons why I liked Hillary.

I'd also like to see military cutbacks, but with his talks of ending Muslim Radicalism I doubt that will happen. Our military spending will probably double and our tax revenue will probably halve.

A Republican President, a Republican majority in Congress, and a (soon to be) Republican majority in the Supreme Court. If he can get undivided support of the Republicans in Congress (which is unlikely at the moment), he'll be able to do almost anything.
He reminds me of Mussolini and Hitler in the aspects that he riles up his supporters and in how he talks of "making this country great again" and those who support him are (not all, but there are many) scary in their devotion to him, "listen to what's in his heart" they say. Sure he's not a politician, and I won't deny I avoid politics because its a disgusting thing. But I do know history, and the way he acts and how his followers are devoted to him has echoes of people like Mussolini or Hitler to me. He's not smart, but he knows what buttons to push to turn people against eachother. I'm not saying it will/won't happen, but there's no knowing.

And to clarify. The American people DO forget. We have a short term memory, people not being taught history enough or not caring (as a population, many exceptions of course, but as a population we are forgetful) to remember. That has dire consequences. History is important, it guides us in what path to take, what to avoid, what to be wary of. Trump's fanatic supporters do not realize that are acting like the original fanatical Nazis party (before the horrendous acts began happening).

Last edited:
He reminds me of Mussolini and Hitler in the aspects that he riles up his supporters and in how he talks of "making this country great again" and those who support him are (not all, but there are many) scary in their devotion to him, "listen to what's in his heart" they say. Sure he's not a politician, and I won't deny I avoid politics because its a disgusting thing. But I do know history, and the way he acts and how his followers are devoted to him has echoes of people like Mussolini or Hitler to me. He's not smart, but he knows what buttons to push to turn people against eachother. I'm not saying it will/won't happen, but there's no knowing.

You could say the same thing about followers of both major parties though, which is even more terrifying.

You could say the same thing about followers of both major parties though, which is even more terrifying.
I agree. It could be said the same of the Democrats as well, Hillary being almost Stalin like it seemed, and the supporters of that party being just like Trump's. Dogs, dogs who just were looking for someone to follow.

We are a nation who has been embarrassed by Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria, just like Germany was embarrassed by the loss of WWI, and the Italians who received little in their share of the allied victory.

We are weakened from economic troubles (though recovered a bit).

We are weakened by a rift that has grown amongst the population. Everybody is angry, nobody is happy it seems. The country as a whole has been a mess for years with violence.

We are vulnerable, vulnerable to the tyranny, vulnerable to the very thing that over 75 years ago we set out to fight. The people are looking for a leader, somebody to take charge and only care about becoming "GREAT" again. People are desperate.

History is very close to repeating itself, and we can only pray that it does not. For if it does, there will be a high price that will be paid.

Last edited:

I don't think he's for dirty industry, I think he's for less regulation on it. Americans are more aware of the environment than they were even 20 years ago and there are plenty of groups that are watch dogs over dirty industry. Even here in Utah, one of the most staunchly conservative places in the US, we have a huge push to clean up the smog by both Democrats and Republicans. No one wants to breath in dirty area or drink contaminated water.

This is pretty par for the course with a Republican president. I would very much like to see him decrease our military spending. Although, he has already gone after Lockheed Martin over the ridiculous cost of the F-35 and even tweeted that he was going to ask Boeing to price out a similar F-18 (which would be far cheaper). While he will probably want to grow the military I can't see him accepting stupidly high bids from corporations for things.

I'm not so sure, there are Republicans that don't like Trump because he challenges the status quo. I think you'll see him get less support than most people are assuming he'll get.

Obama did the same thing with riling up his supporters with promises of hope and change, it's what everyone does that wants to get elected.

I don't necessarily support Trump, nor did I vote him, but read through his 100 day plan I seem to think he really does want to do some good things for the country. No one runs for president with the intention of tanking the country, especially not someone who probably has billions tied up in the stock market and his businesses. If the economy collapses, he loses money, and there isn't a rich person on the planet that wants to risk losing money.

I'm aware of that. That still doesn't answer the question that I asked @catamount39. No offense but I'd really like him to answer, I genuinely want to know why he is scared.
I don't see anything in his post that compares Trump's policies to Hitler's. Saying that he's afraid of a Trump presidency because of similarities to the way Hitler attained power satisfies your question.

*takes a while to type on a tablet*

And to clarify. The American people DO forget. We have a short term memory, people not being taught history enough or not caring (as a population, many exceptions of course, but as a population we are forgetful) to remember. That has dire consequences. History is important, it guides us in what path to take, what to avoid, what to be wary of. Trump's fanatic supporters do not realize that are acting like the original fanatical Nazis party (before the horrendous acts began happening).

Obama did the same thing...I mean you lack an actual point or direction, just more so a reaction on something you either don't like, or have read into via mainstream media.

As for history, no, many people remember, especially something that is probably one of the most massively written and talked about events. Each side has fanatic supporters, but that's just the scope of this idiotic "I'm going to side with this political party out of the two parties". As for your idea of comparisons I'll say again it's lacking, if you actually had an idea of how Hitler came to power, compared to Trump, you probably (I'd hope) not say this. It was stupid when right wing nut jobs, said Obama was Hitler-esque or worse Stalin-esque, and it's stupid when people do it for Trump all because they don't like a person. If you don't like a person, that's fine, but don't expect to tout a unfounded and lacking intelligence argument on people as if it will be accepted.

I don't see anything in his post that compares Trump's policies to Hitler's. Saying that he's afraid of a Trump presidency because of similarities to the way Hitler attained power satisfies your question.

You just said it in your post, yourself how. I'm baffled, but then I shouldn't be considering the person posting. So, yeah there's that. He makes a comparison, then even goes on in another post to say yeah this is the similarities seen and why he's making said link. And then forewarning people that this is how we get on the road to killing millions of *insert your ethnic/religious group here*. Yet what's funny is the guy that just left the white house, had a horrible record for whistle blowers, bombed and used drone strikes more than any other previous president, escalated covert missions and military funding, and other things. Sure he did some good things but there are plenty of bad things that he equally did. Oh and supposedly blamed congress during both terms for why Guantanamo didn't get closed. And I'll remind people one was democratic during one term and the other was republican majority.

Yet we're quick to get mad at a big mouth, because they're a big mouth. If he'd said things like how Trump already seems to be flip flopping, I'd have loved that, because I feel that it what many will be seeing.

Last edited:
No one runs for president with the intention of tanking the country, especially not someone who probably has billions tied up in the stock market and his businesses. If the economy collapses, he loses money, and there isn't a rich person on the planet that wants to risk losing money.
Obama ran for President with the express purpose of "fundamentally transforming America". Job well done, I dare say.

Again, no offense but the questioned was directed at him. I wasn't trying to debate a point with him or anything of that nature, I was asking that specific user a question. I appreciate the response @catamount39.

You mean he was against the status quo? The previous way of doing things? How the government before him conducted its business?

If only there was a term for that.
Every president since 1992 has been pushing a globalist agenda. Obama has been pushing it harder than others. Obama's two predecessors had been working with Congress to get the thing through, but with Obama, the progress has stalled, so he used executive orders to get it done.

All this fear of Trump is hogwash, it's like a buzzword or talking point for social media in an attempt to persuade people against him.
Franklin Roosevelt
Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance

As for attendance I'd guess a million, that is a good turnout really, Johnson had 1.2 mil in what '65? Usually the numbers are below a million with Obama having a large one of 1.8 mil in his first go at it. The comparison to the pink hat march in numbers is just as silly as the fear deal.

One thing is for sure, our women know how to do it right, no arrests, no broken windows, no any of that stuff. It was nice to see.

Holy 🤬 the press secretary briefing that just happened..... unreal

Yep, definitely a fragile ego at work there. :embarrassed:

All this fear of Trump is hogwash, it's like a buzzword or talking point for social media in an attempt to persuade people against him.

As for attendance I'd guess a million, that is a good turnout really, Johnson had 1.2 mil in what '65? Usually the numbers are below a million with Obama having a large one of 1.8 mil in his first go at it. The comparison to the pink hat march in numbers is just as silly as the fear deal.

One thing is for sure, our women know how to do it right, no arrests, no broken windows, no any of that stuff. It was nice to see.
Speaking of the turnout, given all the rhetoric and leaked video before the inauguration about how the SJW's were going to disrupt the day's events, would you have driven to Washington to stand in the rain and risked being caught up in a riot or stampede? Would you have taken your kids there? I know I wouldn't. Trumps rallies were extremely well attended during the campaign so we already know he can draw a big crowd. I suspect the pre-event threats and intimidation, combined with the weather, had a yuuuge effect on turnout:sly:

A lot of the "protesters" from yesterday were "inauguration goers" the day before. I know all the people I know who went stayed to see what would happen on Saturday. I'm sure it was the same for many others. Staying to see the show.

Back