America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Obviously there is war between the intelligence agencies, (CIA, Deep State) and Trump.

Stand by for Trump to be removed from the scene. Or for some schmucks to be removed from the White House. One way or the other, someone is going to leave town.

Last edited:
The White House claims that Trump didn't endanger the source, despite reports that the source apparently didn't want their existence revealed:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ssified-information-to-russia-reports/8529160

I was riffing on the "Lock her up!" chants often featured at his rallies during the campaign...
It's unlikely that Trump did anything illegal, since the President has broad powers to declassify documents at will. But that doesn't absolve him of any responsibility - he revealed the existence and (apparently) specific intelligence gathered by a source operating in Syria or Iraq (or both) to a senior figure of a government administrator pursuing different political aims in the region.

It's unlikely that Trump did anything illegal, since the President has broad powers to declassify documents at will.

However, countries ("partners") that share classified information on the understanding that the recipient won't share it further without express permission are going to be less likely to keep the US in their loop. Unfortunately Trump believes he has the "absolute right" to renege on that agreement. Crazy crazy times.

I included his most recent tweet in this screenshot of his feed just for the lulz.

TrumpSecrets.png

Has Trump become a security risk for the entire western world? Should all western intelligence and security agencies now take steps to ameliorate this threat?

From the NY Times,

WASHINGTON — The Latest on the report that President Donald Trump shared classified information with Russian officials (all times EDT):

8:25 a.m.

A senior German lawmaker has expressed concern about reports that President Donald Trump revealed highly classified information about the Islamic State group to Russian officials.

Burkhard Lischka said in a statement to The Associated Press that "if it proves to be true that the American president passed on internal intelligence matters that would be highly worrying."

Lischka, who sits on the German parliament's intelligence oversight committee, noted that Trump has access to "exclusive and highly sensitive information including in the area of combating terrorism."

The Social Democratic Party lawmaker said that if the U.S. president "passes this information to other governments at will, then Trump becomes a security risk for the entire western world."

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/20...rump-intelligence-russia-the-latest.html?_r=0

Kindof a key point.

If you're going to prosecute him then yes, it's a key point. If you've just got to trust him as a partner then his ability to declassify at a whim is a potential disaster. In the past he's been very vocal about the danger that on-the-ground operatives can be placed in by security leaks.

Presumably also the president has broad powers to accidentally declassify documents due to a lack of brain-mouth filter.

Bloody hell that's even worse... he also has the ability to accidentally press buttons :D

Bloody hell that's even worse... he also has the ability to accidentally press buttons :D

The US is running a really weird experiment right now. I still find it hard to believe that we actually elected Donald Trump to the presidency. I still halfway expect people to hold a press conference saying "ok ok, the gig is up... you didn't really elect Trump president, it was actually this stuffy politician here. We cannot believe how long we got away with that prank! You guys are super gullible."

The US is running a really weird experiment right now. I still find it hard to believe that we actually elected Donald Trump to the presidency. I still halfway expect people to hold a press conference saying "ok ok, the gig is up... you didn't really elect Trump president, it was actually this stuffy politician here. We cannot believe how long we got away with that prank! You guys are super gullible."

I can't wait for the 2020 elections! Hollywood represent, yo!

Yes, the billionaires will be crawling out of their gold mines to scramble for the chair. No stuffy old-fashioned pols will stand the ghost of a chance. Rampant plutocracy!

Yes, the billionaires will be crawling out of their gold mines to scramble for the chair. No stuffy old-fashioned pols will stand the ghost of a chance. Rampant plutocracy!

I don't think after watching Trump have a go that billionaires will be interested. And I think there will be less public support than ever for an outsider in 2020.

Is all of this based on speculations by anonymous Washington insiders? I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.
I think so. Trump has lost any and all control of his own White House and its staff. There is a fire hose blasting secrets to the press at full volume. Trump is fighting the Deep State and he is losing bad. This state of affairs cannot be endured.

Trump may fire Priebus, his chief of staff, and a bunch of others as well. He may pull out his pistol and start shooting the people around him. At the end, he may be carted away in chains.

Last edited:
Is all of this based on speculations by anonymous Washington insiders? I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Given Trump's admission on Twitter (yes, on Twitter) that he did it and the accompanying non-denial from his press officers, no.

Maybe it's just a ploy to make sure everyone accepts his phone calls and is eager to talk. Hey Kim Jung, why not have a sit down and chat, you might accidentally get classified info.

(j/k, it's the brain-mouth thing)

Washington Post pressroom breaks out in cheers over latest hit on Trump. :cheers:

"Applause in the newsroom as the Russia-leak scoop breaks the Hollywood Access record for most readers per minute"

Back