America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
You want to stop crime, just enforce your will on the people by Killing anyone who you don't like the look of, and give them no rights what so ever in defending them selves, Saudi Arabia the worlds Overgrown Cancerous Tumor.
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...-37-put-to-death-in-shocking-execution-spree/

Just remember this when the US tries to push the Venezuelan nonsense, it has nothing to do with anything other then oil.

My state "recently" spent over $100 million to develop a new drivers license system, it's been such a colossal failure that the only solution is apparently spending another $73 million on a privately developed system.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news...tware/89-ef5f2bed-eb6b-4b5a-9377-647c96e20ad7

Yay government!!!! :rolleyes:

You mean historically or modern times?

Modern times. You can't just blame guns either as guns don't suddenly fill you with the urge to kill, nor are they the only way to end someone's life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#UNODC's_global_study

Last edited:
My state "recently" spent over $100 million to develop a new drivers license system, it's been such a colossal failure that the only solution is apparently spending another $73 million on a privately developed system.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news...tware/89-ef5f2bed-eb6b-4b5a-9377-647c96e20ad7

Here in the Netherlands there have been so many failed attempts to bring government branches up to 21st century standards, it isn't even funny anymore. You can safely bet on it to fail when they say that a new system is needed and it will cost more than €100 million.

Any inside scoop from our American members on why Attorney General Barr refuses to testify before Congress? I'm reading this deliberate stonewalling of the Congress means he himself could be held in contempt.

Any inside scoop from our American members on why Attorney General Barr refuses to testify before Congress? I'm reading this deliberate stonewalling of the Congress means he himself could be held in contempt.
Barr refuses to answer subpoenas, refuses to testify, refuses to show up, and is trying to obstruct any and every attempt at investigation. Congress is enraged, threatening contempt charges and impeachment of the attorney general. All of this is political and legal theater at its best, distracting from Trump, and tempting Democrats to go off the rails on a bunny chase. "Sound and fury, signifying nothing", as The Bard has said.

Yes but to what end? Why?

The narrative from the Attorney General appears to be "we don't want to pursue the obstruction of justice line of investigation because there might be something to it and that will make the office of President look weak and be diplomatically embarrassing even though upholding the constitution and justice is supposed to go above protecting any one person".

Or am I missing something?

Yes but to what end? Why?

The narrative from the Attorney General appears to be "we don't want to pursue the obstruction of justice line of investigation because there might be something to it and that will make the office of President look weak and be diplomatically embarrassing even though upholding the constitution and justice is supposed to go above protecting any one person".

Or am I missing something?
It's a conflict - really a pitched fight for life or death - between the Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch, equal branches of government in a tripartite system. It might (but won't) be resolved politically, so the only legal remedy is through the Judicial Branch. Don't hold your breath.

Modern times. You can't just blame guns either as guns don't suddenly fill you with the urge to kill, nor are they the only way to end someone's life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#UNODC's_global_study

That "waste" is perhaps likely because of some company "cashing in" their campaign donations.

I have explored my views and their role in another thread and I wont go indepth. However other factors that I personally think do factor in are singlepayer healthcare, lack of gunculture, lack of opioid crisis and higher minimum wage. These do cause admittedly cause other problems, but in the long run apparantly perhaps influence violent tendencies.

So, as of yesterday, Florida will allow teachers to be armed at school.

On the one hand I understand it, as it is an quick and easy somewhat of a solution (apart from having armed guards) to a problem without an easy fix, but on the other hand, this is what pops up in my mind when I hear something like it:

kzpcrZM.jpg

They're going to specifically have guns in the classroom or classroom staff are allowed access to guns at a different location in the school?

Either way, I am flabbergasted. The ability to prevent these guns being stolen or misused by the pupils and the wider public must surely be the number one priority of the advocates rather than simply the "win" of flexing a second amendment right.

They changed the system here state wide about a year ago with the intentions of making our DMV more streamlined and it hasn't done much of anything to improve the branches. Most of the branches still suck, and my local one still has the 2-3 hour wait times it had previously to get service even with the shifting of some of the items to computerized transactions that were supposed to cut down on wait times.

Vision through a glass darkly: All Christian and NRA-trained children in the classrooms will also be armed, so the armed teachers will have allies close at hand. Any drug-addled miscreant foolish enough to shoot school kids in the future will gunned down in righteous crossfire.

Is "NPC" really still a thing? I don't care what it's supposed to argue against, it isn't an argument against anything at all; rather an ad hominem that simply implies the target can't think for themselves and instead thinks what their peers think. That it was born of "chan" and Reddit circle jerks echo chambers and effectively is indicative of what it implies is surely lost on few.

Armed teachers is exactly the sort of "better than doing nothing and stupid enough that it just might work" initiative I expect from the right.

NPC is just a Meme.

On the other hand this legislation just smells of lobbying, does the land of the free even give a damn about keeping politicans in check?

Guns in the classroom.

Vision through a glass darkly: All Christian and NRA-trained children in the classrooms will also be armed, so the armed teachers will have allies close at hand. Any drug-addled miscreant foolish enough to shoot school kids in the future will gunned down in righteous crossfire.

I'd like to apply my own litmus paper test to this:

Take any news story from a supposedly progressive, first-world country and change the location to somewhere perceived as less desirable, less safe and not as peaceful or a combination of all three. If the story fits the perceived narrative of the less stable countries and makes the first-world country sound like a dystopian backwater, you've gone wrong somewhere.

Iraq allows armed teachers in its classrooms

Venezuela allows armed teachers in its classrooms

Libya allows armed teachers in its classrooms

Sounds bad as an outsider, doesn't it?

I'd like to apply my own litmus paper test to this:

Take any news story from a supposedly progressive, first-world country and change the location to somewhere perceived as less desirable, less safe and not as peaceful or a combination of all three. If the story fits the perceived narrative of the less stable countries and makes the first-world country sound like a dystopian backwater, you've gone wrong somewhere.

Iraq allows armed teachers in its classrooms

Venezuela allows armed teachers in its classrooms

Libya allows armed teachers in its classrooms

Sounds bad as an outsider, doesn't it?
America is on the verge of massive change. Young people are demanding that images of founding fathers Thomas Jefferson and George Washington be removed. Polls indicate majorities of the people of both major parties plus Independents want change to a wholly new form of government. Agreement on that form is totally lacking. Since our Constitution is set in stone and cannot be changed without overwhelmingly massive agreement, this means revolutionary or extralegal change is in the air. This will set in motion extreme violence for which everyone will be armed to the teeth. We need guns now like we never have before.

Young people need better education.
Good luck to em if they want to trash the Constitution.

Edit: For the ones who oppose gun rights, look at Venezuela, it wasn’t to long ago they took everyone's guns.

Last edited:
I guess there is potential to sell huge amounts of guns to schools. I think they are learning from apple. I suspect the NRA are lobbying hard to not only allow, but also providing every school with guns. With the excuse it is for protection against bears (according to the secretary of education)??? In the end its all about the money.

I wonder what sort of market there is for a series of U.S. Constitution-themed pop-up books that explains each Amendment and how they apply to modern life. Do you suppose it's more than...one?

I feel like someone at some point must have told him that the First Amendment doesn't actually restrain private businesses, and that while it protects the People from a government that passes and enforces laws limiting speech, it doesn't protect individuals against all consequences of the stupid **** they say.

I suspect someone has told him...but all he heard was a trombone solo.

"Wah wah wah wa-wah wah wa-wa-wah wa-wah."

I wouldn't be suprised if y'all still thought it was a good idea to give them those pallets of money...
https://www.foxnews.com/us/u-s-depl...an-trump-says-no-do-overs-for-dems-on-mueller

The money that Iran had paid the US for weapons way back when, that the US had then reneged on the deal and just straight up stole the money?

I mean, giving them their money back seems fair and just if you believe in those sorts of things, I guess. It's their money, they can do with it what they like. if they happen to see that the best thing for Iran is to use it against US interests then possibly that's because the US has spent a long time setting itself up as an enemy of Iran.

Funny how Iran is another one of those states, like Iraq, that was once a strong US ally that has since turned on the US after too much meddling with their government.

Back