America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,717 comments
It's not that he's claiming ownership, it's that he's claiming he is facing the biggest threats any president has ever faced. Which allows for 2 things:

-If the response is good he can own it and say that his response was the best
-If the response is bad he can disown it with a plausible excuse (no other president faced storms like this, there was nothing that could be done)

The buck stops....somewhere else.
Gotcha. Wow, yeah...that hadn't occurred to me.

"sharpie-gate"

I feel like I entered the twilightzone:
1165958509-1.jpg

"sharpie-gate"

I feel like I entered the twilightzone:
1165958509-1.jpg
I swear someone in the White House is trolling him hard.
With that cone, at that time, it technically could've continued right on and hit Alabama.
I loved how he said, "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know". When asked about the Sharpie, you had to have heard it!

Last edited:
Could he not have said something like "Well, that was the earliest prediction but it has changed since then" and been done with it instead of railroading his hypothesis into the discussion, correct or not?

Admitting that something as volatile as the weather has changed course is perfectly normal. I read that doctoring an official meteorological chart is a crime but I'm sure nothing is going to come of it...

Could he not have said something like "Well, that was the earliest prediction but it has changed since then" and been done with it instead of railroading his hypothesis into the discussion, correct or not?

Admitting that something as volatile as the weather has changed course is perfectly normal. I read that doctoring an official meteorological chart is a crime but I'm sure nothing is going to come of it...

He cant admit any fault, because he is a narcissist. He just cant help it, but make it about him. Who cares? Peoples lives are in danger! Why spend so many time trying to defend a gaff?

So exactly what I thought, a page drummed up to pile on Trump and any actual weather-related news is just retweets.

Dude's spent 8 hours just raving about Trump's dumb, wrong graph.
I would say less about piling on Trump and more of a middle finger at Trump for gagging NOAA and the EPA. At least, that's the gist I picked up.

I would say less about piling on Trump and more of a middle finger at Trump for gagging NOAA and the EPA. At least, that's the gist I picked up.
No, that I get and agree with.

Getting into arguments with people on Twitter and taking his/her own pot shots like saying, maybe the NWS should put its briefings in coloring books is just stooping to Trump's own pettiness level. There's enough of that banter as is, and Trump seems to love it, that it gives him sort of validation to respond and demean whoever it is. You know he just ends up spinning it to say, "See, they're the bad guys America. I'm telling you, big, bad, guys."

I would expect a Twitter created as an alternative account of an official public-service page, to keep from being gagged as you say, to continue sharing the information they want to share, not repeatedly posting cute "sarcasm" gifs from Big Bang Theory in response to people like they're arguing on tumblr. The accounts can come across as almost parodies at times just b/c of the silliness they divulge in if Trump is brought up.

Getting into arguments with people on Twitter and taking his/her own pot shots like saying, maybe the NWS should put its briefings in coloring books is just stooping to Trump's own pettiness level. There's enough of that banter as is, and Trump seems to love it, that it gives him sort of validation to respond and demean whoever it is. You know he just ends up spinning it to say, "See, they're the bad guys America. I'm telling you, big, bad, guys."

I would expect a Twitter created as an alternative account of an official public-service page, to keep from being gagged as you say, to continue sharing the information they want to share, not repeatedly posting cute "sarcasm" gifs from Big Bang Theory in response to people like they're arguing on tumblr. The accounts can come across as almost parodies at times just b/c of the silliness they divulge in if Trump is brought up.

But we're in uncharted territory here, as we have a President who is both a narcissist AND a moron. Hard for anyone to figure out how to deal with that combination.

I mean, it is a middle finger to trump, not really a NOAA back up account. Its whole intent is to dog on the president.

You'd think it would be environmentalists who would go nuts for "Made in the USA". It's really odd to me (all of the sudden) that the anti-environmentalist side is the one trying to crack down on international shipping.

You'd think it would be environmentalists who would go nuts for "Made in the USA". It's really odd to me (all of the sudden) that the anti-environmentalist side is the one trying to crack down on international shipping.
Nationalism > anti-environmentalism?

Apparently anti-republicanism > environmentalism.
Seems to me it's only apparent with a limited field of view.

Just as there's a correlation between trade restrictions and greenhouse gas emissions from shipping, there's a correlation between abortion and overall consumption; the same can be attributed to same sex couples incapable of reproduction without outside assistance. With a few exceptions, these are things Republicans classically oppose.

I mean, not really odd since they are different means that just happen to get to the same end. Environmentalists would like to just international shipping down to cut those emissions, where as the anti-environmentalists are doing it for nationalist, self reliance, bring our jobs back reasons.

Seems to me it's only apparent with a limited field of view.

Just as there's a correlation between trade restrictions and greenhouse gas emissions from shipping, there's a correlation between abortion and overall consumption; the same can be attributed to same sex couples incapable of reproduction without outside assistance. With a few exceptions, these are things Republicans classically oppose.

I'm not completely sure of your examples there. I kinda get the first one, abortion and consumption. The Republicans oppose abortion, the republicans hate the environment (presumably), and the republicans are in favor of consumption (presumably), that all seems aligned.

What I'm picking at is the Democrats here. Particularly environmentalists. They don't seem to support the Made in America trade isolation. Why? It seems important to their cause.

I mean, not really odd since they are different means that just happen to get to the same end. Environmentalists would like to just international shipping down to cut those emissions, where as the anti-environmentalists are doing it for nationalist, self reliance, bring our jobs back reasons.

And yet environmentalists don't get on board with American trade isolation. Why is that? You'd think they'd be shouting "Made in America" just as loudly.

I'm not completely sure of your examples there. I kinda get the first one, abortion and consumption. The Republicans oppose abortion, the republicans hate the environment (presumably), and the republicans are in favor of consumption (presumably), that all seems aligned.

What I'm picking at is the Democrats here. Particularly environmentalists. They don't seem to support the Made in America trade isolation. Why? It seems important to their cause.

And yet environmentalists don't get on board with American trade isolation. Why is that? You'd think they'd be shouting "Made in America" just as loudly.
Naah, I dont think they are in general nationalistically minded. If it comes from Canada or Mexico, they probably dont care. Maybe, rather than nationalists, they could be called hemispherists?

Naah, I dont think they are in general nationalistically minded. If it comes from Canada or Mexico, they probably dont care. Maybe, rather than nationalists, they could be called hemispherists?

I'd think they'd be in favor of keeping it within the same country, even the same state. They should be applauding Trump's misguided trade isolation from China at the very least.

I'd think they'd be in favor of keeping it within the same country, even the same state. They should be applauding Trump's misguided trade isolation from China at the very least.
I dont think an environmentalist is going to applaud anything trump does as a general rule. I mean, you can only stomp on the environment so many times before someone starts looking at everything you do skeptically. But, that also doesnt mean that an environmentalist lives with a sheltered, narrow view of the world. The closer you can make the source of your raw materials, the better, but its better to keep mining a place in Mexico that already has a mine than to rip up a pristine wildlife refuge in Montana just because the resources are closer.

I read that doctoring an official meteorological chart is a crime but I'm sure nothing is going to come of it...

Yes, it's illegal to do so. Primarily because it can put large groups of people in harm's way and cause undue panic.

And no, nothing will come of it because Trump is above the law. The man can keep committing crime after crime and get away with it...but that's about par for the course with a politician.

Are environmentalists Democrat? I'd think environmentalists are environmentalists. Sure, there are environmental causes taken up by Democrats, but I don't think that's the same thing.

I don't consider myself an environmentalist per se, but I do like the idea of buying locally when it's possible (and feasible) to do so. I'm often even willing to let my wallet take a hit for the sake of buying some things locally. That said, I have a hard time accepting policy that makes it more difficult (by affecting access and/or cost) to not buy locally; prohibiting products that don't meet safety standards is bad enough.

Maybe, rather than nationalists, they could be called hemispherists?
81ZDw6yLAuL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

They should be applauding Trump's misguided trade isolation from China at the very least.
:odd:

Mostly. The republicans are kindof an anti-environment party at this point. And we all know you have to pick one or the other. No riding the fence.
Well that reads like baseless conjecture steeped in libertarian narrative.

Latest Posts

Back