America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Just another opportunity for the republican party to demonstrate a lack of principle.
In politics, as in combat, loyalty supersedes principle. Trump has delivered everything Republican Senators could possibly desire on Earth if not in Heaven: what passes for peace, prosperity in favored industries, and benches crammed with conservative judges.

Just so you understand, it's the single greatest witch hunt...in American history, probably in history, but in American history. It's a disgraceful thing. Uh, the letter was a great letter, meaning the letter revealing the call, uh that was done at the assistance of myself and other people that read it. It was a friendly letter, there was no pressure the way you had that built up that call it was gonna be the call from Hell, it turned out to be a nothing call other than a lotta people said "I never knew you could be so nice". So, uh...part of the problem you have is you have the fake news, you have a lotta corrupt reporting, you have some very fine reporters and journalists but you have a lotta corrupt reporters, a lotta corrupt, uh journalists I would rate you right in there by the way. And, excuse me. 'Scuse me. Excuse me. Uh, so...we're having...if you noticed the stock market went up, when they saw the nonsense all of a sudden the stock market went down very substantially when they saw a charge. After they read the charge, the stock market went up very substantially. Um-- We have created...the greatest economy in the history of our country; the greatest economy in the world. Had my opponent won, China would right now be the number one economy...by far...and right now China is way behind us and they'll never catch us if we have smart leadership. Way behind. We've picked up trillions of dollars and they've lost trillions of dollars. And they wanna make a deal very badly, uh it could happen. Could happen. It could happen! It could happen sooner than you think. Our military's rebuilt. Our military has never been stronger; when I came in it was depleted. Our vets are happy. So many great things are happening aaaaand the Democrats feel they're going to lose we had the highest poll number *Rasmussen*...53 but they say you could add ten to it. Lotta people say you could add more than ten to it because a lotta people just don't wanna talk about but they wanna vote for Trump. So I just say this: Uh, we have the strongest country we've ever had, we have the best economy we've ever had, we have the best unemployment numbers we've ever had, we have the best *employment* numbers we've ever had. Uh we have now almost a-hundred-and-sixty-million people working; that's far more than we've ever had working in our country before. Thank you very much everybody, thank you.
Donald Trump, ladies and gentlemen.

I love how NO ONE here is taking about Biden in recorded audio bragging about holding a billion dollars from Ukraine to get what HE wanted...

Seperate, but extremely important issue from Trump and it needs to be treated as such.

It shouldn't be a contest as to which politician does the more corrupt thing, and which one may or not be worse. All egregious happenings should be treated as such, regardless of where loyalties may be drawn. Failing to do so is roughly how we got into our current situation.

In politics, as in combat, loyalty supersedes principle. Trump has delivered everything Republican Senators could possibly desire on Earth if not in Heaven: what passes for peace, prosperity in favored industries, and benches crammed with conservative judges.

Which is great if it weren't for the fact that those people also have a duty to the American people as a whole, and not just their fellow party members. I know that the president themselves are the only ones who can put people in some of those seats, but it still bothers me immensely that the President can and will pick someone based primarily on what they're favorite animal is with seemingly little-to-no thought on if they're actually a good fit for the job(s) and its responsibilities.

In politics, as in combat, loyalty supersedes principle.

You mean principle does not exist. Principle can't simultaneously exist and be superseded by loyalty. The closest you can get to that is a principle of loyalty.

Trump
Just so you understand, it's the single greatest witch hunt...in American history, probably in history, but in American history.

And that's really saying something given that we've had actual witch hunts in this country.

McGuire's opening statement was pretty compelling - it's almost as if he's expecting the opponents' defence to consist largely of baseless character assassination.

giphy.gif

Really the only thing Biden is seemingly guilty of is taking a page from Trump's book and vastly overstating the role he played.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukr...ldings-joe-bidens-son-hunter-explained-2019-9

Ok, so Biden is actually an idiot then? Because the way he explains his "role" does actually sound like a fairly damning case of Conflict of Interests.

I'm not trying to argue against you, I just don't get why he would brag in a way that actually does make him sound like a villian.

Edit: In other news, if recent reports are to be believed, the whistleblower was apparently a CIA Agent assigned to The White House.

Edit 2: And the President continues to dig his proverbial grave...

Ok, so Biden is actually an idiot then? Because the way he explains his "role" does actually sound like a fairly damning case of Conflict of Interests.

Had they gone down the way he said, it would indeed be a massive conflict of interest. However considering how things supposedly actually went down, he didn't really affect how things played out.

I just don't get why he would brag in a way that actually does make him sound like a villian.

My guess is he wanted to sound cool infront of the "cool kids" (i.e. Putin). He just made the mistake of forgetting the cameras were rolling.

Last edited:
But the talking part of the linked video relates to the country's prosecutor Viktor Shokin (which is an important public position in Ukraine where corruption is a deep concern), without any mention of Hunter Biden.
There were street protest against Viktor Shokin in Ukraine in 2016, and his removal has been asked by several countries and organisations, as he was considered to obstruct fight against corruption.
Trump supporters narrative in that case is about connecting dots far from each others, in a too usual usage of whataboutism. (there's a dedicated Trump section on the Wikipedia page :lol:)

The lack of ethic of the Bidens in 2016 backfires today, and they probably deserve it, but so far, there's nothing more today than in 2016.

Last edited:
If you think Republican Senators are going to vote to impeach Trump once this likely goes through the House your going to have to think again..

2/3rds majority required in a Senate they have the majority in.

We live in a Post Fact world.

After the 2016 shocker, women in Seattle were randomly walking around rending their clothing and beating their breasts. The collective depression was off the charts, and still is. So they need this ill-fated impeachment as a catharsis, a remedy, to 2016. Even if it costs Dems the 2020 election and further or even irreparably divides the nation into permanently irreconcilable factions, nothing else matters but their feelings.

After the 2016 shocker, women in Seattle were randomly walking around rending their clothing and beating their breasts. The collective depression was off the charts, and still is. So they need this ill-fated impeachment as a catharsis, a remedy, to 2016. Even if it costs Dems the 2020 election and further or even irreparably divides the nation into permanently irreconcilable factions, nothing else matters but their feelings.

And the political process and integrity of the office of presidency which is being abused for personal gain. It's absolutely never about doing to the right thing to you?

If you think Republican Senators are going to vote to impeach Trump once this likely goes through the House your going to have to think again..

It's going to depend on how many Senate Republicans are tired of Trump's bs. I think more want him gone than you think, especially with so many seats up for grabs in 2020. I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion they'll vote to oust him but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities.

Jeff Flake (who was fairly recently one of those Senators) disagrees with you.

Doesn't Trump make it more difficult for the GOP to do what it wants to do? I mean, wouldn't they have an easier time and a lot less distraction if, say, Pence was the president? Trump is constantly fighting battles the GOP doesn't care to fight. I don't understand the support. Is it fear?

And the political process and integrity of the office of presidency which is being abused for personal gain. It's absolutely never about doing to the right thing to you?

Trump hasn't been charged yet. How about waiting til then?

Last edited:
I thought, "I don't need to quote it. Being the first respondent is sufficient to indicate the remarks at which my own are directed. He's definitely not going to edit his post after mine, necessitating a record." I was wrong.

Can we get a translation for us less intellectual people?
https://www.google.com

Edit:

Actin' a fool. Preventing the facts while actin' a fool.
Close enough that I can't say it's wrong; I particularly like the twist you put on it.

That said, I was going more for "Nonsense. Deliberately obscure nonsense."

I'm running out of funny sounding synonyms for 'nonsense', though.

Last edited:
Pelosi, move your ass. This needs to be done fast.

Preferably not. Pence is not an improvement. The strategy I think is to hurt his chances for 2020. I just hope if he gets voted out, he finally will be prosecuted as a private citizen and the future president not pardoning him!

Back