America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,723 comments
"Not The Onion" Alert

Just like me, Trump wears a mask when he's feels it is warranted.

ovwEdP2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So you only started to wear a Mask now once there was heavy pressure to use it?
I have been wearing a mask since before they were required in my county. Harris county (Houston) has now become a hotspot for the virus. The next time I go to the grocery store, I am going to wear an N95 mask.

I'm not sure Trump knows what the Lone Ranger looks like:

MW-IJ711_lonera_20200701191003_ZQ.jpg

I guess he's wearing his mask on his eyes and leaving his nose and mouth uncovered, that way he doesn't have to see what's going on and can still spout utter BS.
His recent pronouncements regarding hydroxychloroquine and intravenous UV suggest he's not exactly chemo savvy.

Chemo savvy? Kemo sabe? Geddit?!? Er... guess I'll be leaving. Now.

Last edited:

ovwEdP2.jpg

oooooooohhhkkaaayyyyy

It was warranted in March. Everybody knew that except Trump. That he's wearing one now in a single photo, in July, after his country is deep in the grips of a pandemic that it knew about and ignored after following his lead, highlights how irresponsible his behavior has been to date.

Secondly, you've misunderstood everything about mask wearing. Unless you're an epidemiologist, you should listen to one about when to wear a mask. It's not about what you "feel" or what Trump "feels". Also, if you're not basing your mask wearing on what others are feeling, you're a jerk.

For example, I know that I do not currently have COVID (or if I do, I'm completely 100% asymptomatic, I don't even have allergies at the moment). Yet later today when I'm meeting a friend, I will be masked. I'm not concerned about my friend having COVID, and I'm not concerned about getting it from them based on how we will be meeting. But I will be masked anyway because I want them to be comfortable. It's not just about me, it's about them.

These folks walking around in public with no mask because they don't "feel it's warranted" don't seem to understand how the rest of us think they're just a huge a-hole. Lack of mask wearing is a giant sign on their face saying "I'm a giant selfish prick who would never lift a finger for anyone else, even in the middle of a pandemic". And that has been Trump. A huge selfish a-hole.

If I'm getting takeout from a drive thru, I put a mask on despite the fact that all of the employees there are masked. Why? Because I want them to be comfortable. That fast food employee can still get COVID from a non-mask-wearing patron who coughs simply because they lack eye protection. Sure, you're safe from them, but they're not safe from the hundreds of selfish jerks who roll through.

The fact that so many conservatives can't seem to understand this also undermines individual freedoms is mind blowing. Trump and so many of his faithful have done so much damage to personal liberty. When they refuse to wear masks in public what they say is "I can't be trusted with freedom, I need my government to lock things down". Such irony.

Last edited:
For example, I know that I do not currently have COVID (or if I do, I'm completely 100% asymptomatic, I don't even have allergies at the moment)

It can be 14 days before symptoms show after your first infection. The sensible thing to do is to act as though you may very well already be carrying the virus and to treat everybody outside your 'bubble' the same way.

It can be 14 days before symptoms show after your first infection. The sensible thing to do is to act as though you may very well already be carrying the virus and to treat everybody outside your 'bubble' the same way.

I was poking at something else. There is a notion that because you know you're safe for them to be around (ignoring for a moment that it's damned near impossible to know that), they don't know that. But one would need to be willing to put themselves in the shoes of others to take the leap and mask themselves even though they feel that they're "safe" to be around.

ovwEdP2.jpg

YOU not wearing a mask is limited to the effect you might have on the people you come into into personal contact with. Trump not wearing a mask has had an effect on the behaviour of tens of millions of Americans.

Last edited:
That he's wearing one now in a single photo, in July, after his country is deep in the grips of a pandemic that it knew about and ignored after following his lead, highlights how irresponsible his behavior has been to date.
So it wasn't warranted until after 120,000 people died and half the country yelled MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and forced a disastrous reopening.
This photo is from May. I assumed you guys would be better informed. But don't let my post interrupt your ignorance driven narrative. Carry on.

ovwEdP2.jpg

I'm not sure Trump knows what the Lone Ranger looks like:

MW-IJ711_lonera_20200701191003_ZQ.jpg

I guess he's wearing his mask on his eyes and leaving his nose and mouth uncovered, that way he doesn't have to see what's going on and can still spout utter BS.

And the Long Ranger doesn't even wear it over his mouth so what is he talking about? :lol:

MW-IJ711_lonera_20200701191003_ZG.jpg
Oh great, can I make the joke again?

Don't worry, I won't make the terrible joke again. But you been tree'd, dude.

If anything, wearing a mask over the lower part of his face makes him look like el desperado. Which is Mexican for the desperate one.

This photo is from May. I assumed you guys would be better informed. But don't let my post interrupt your ignorance driven narrative. Carry on.
whoosh

This is a person who has said that he won't wear masks even when he goes to medical facilities producing masks just to taunt reporters into asking him about it. He's said and done these things knowing that doing so would make wearing a mask a political dividing line so his sycophants could go into grocery stores and pick fights with people wearing them on his behalf.

I'll make it a bit easier for you:

What has changed now after 3 months of him making it a point to refuse to wear masks in public and to downplay their importance, to him acting like they are great and make you look cool and everyone should wear them? It's obvious it worked on you, because you've already convinced yourself that "Trump wore a mask once two months ago" overrides everything else to the extent that you think it's a "gotcha" when it's... uh... not, but that's neither here nor there. Is it really because he thinks it makes him look like someone from a TV show from the 50s, and that's the extent of thought he's put into sesible preventative measures for a respiratory virus? You've acted like you had the direct line to Trump's inner circle beforewhen trying to correct people noting the stupid things he's said, so even if you plan on ignoring what Danoff said above in favor of what you think is an easy "checkmate, liberals" response, you should have the answers to why the sudden change of heart.

The fact that so many conservatives can't seem to understand this also undermines individual freedoms is mind blowing. Trump and so many of his faithful have done so much damage to personal liberty. When they refuse to wear masks in public what they say is "I can't be trusted with freedom, I need my government to lock things down". Such irony.
What did you expect? "Welcome, masks?" "Make yourself at home vaccine?" "Protect my daughter?" You've got to remember that these are just simple voters. These are people of the party. The common clay of Trump.

You know...morons.

Back