America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Portugal-drugs illegal.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/vancou...wcm/d4e049f8-c1c4-4a4c-805c-b7b4d4eb3b51/amp/

From the interview with drug czar of Portugal:
“If you decriminalize and do nothing else, things will get worse”
(Seattle)
If you get caught and refuse treatment you can be fined, and your possessions can be sold.
Drugs are still illegal there, according to the article.
Tell me again how great Seattle is doing, because it’s very different from Portugal.
Do you know what decriminalized means?

The drugs are illegal but the punishments for use are removed, the criminal activity by law is the selling of it(as in dealing and trafficking).

I don't agree with that either but the point is they are not sticking homeless drug addicts in prison to make them someone elses problem.

It doesn't say anything about our healthcare system.. People here, just do whatever the hell they feel like doing. Not sure they can be reined in.
I know this thread is titled "America", but why are folks here just constantly trashing the country?
Why don't you clean up your own backyard? Australia is no Utopia.
Expect people to get defensive, when other people are constantly talking about how terrible their home team is.
The topic is America, and America has problems I don't see the issue when it comes to talking about problems.

Australia sure isn't perfect and I agree, we are basically owned by Murdoch with the current government basically being pulled by strings controlled by Murdoch and his mining billionaire buddies. But think about it Australia isn't a significant country in the world and we don't have that big of population with not many Australians on here compared to other countries, it's normal.

Last edited:
Stop repeating the same nonsense. Dr. Tam (she's not a Mrs.) may have been uncertain about whether to recommend masks in March partly because ... again ... THERE WAS A SHORTAGE OF MASKS AVAILABLE FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS AT THE TIME. What part of that don't you understand? She reversed her position shortly after that, based on new research that became available, & masks have been recommended or mandated in Canada since that time.
Yes you just proved my point exactly. The Government wasn't prepared. They sent the masks to China for god sakes. So don't wear one they said. I got ya.

Yes you just proved my point exactly. The Government wasn't prepared. They sent the masks to China for god sakes. So don't wear one they said. I got ya.
Are you sure it wasn't The Greenland Group that shipped the masks to China? That's what they did here (Australia) and it was being reported here that other countries, Canada being one of them, were suffering the same fate.

The Greenland Group, which manages high-end real estate projects in Sydney and Melbourne, proactively drained Australian supplies of anti-coronavirus equipment, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Three million surgical masks, 500,000 pairs of gloves and bulk supplies of sanitiser and wipes were bought up in Australia and other countries where Greenland operates.
As coronavirus locked down Wuhan, the global Fortune 500 company put its normal work on hold and instructed staff in Australia, Canada, Turkey and elsewhere to source supplies.
https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/australia-was-drained-of-masks-for-china/3981857/

We were also told not to wear masks here because they were in such short supply thanks to The Greenland Group and could do the most good in the hospitals that needed them.

I'll just leave this here. Stole it from someone who borrowed it from someone. Bring it on I know y'all will have a field day. Don't expect a response though.

Well said!!! Borrowed....
You see Trump’s arrogance, I see Trump’s confidence. You see Trump’s nationalism, I see Trump’s patriotism. You hear Trump’s unsophisticated words, I hear Trump’s honesty. You see Trump’s racism, I see Trump’s words being misconstrued and twisted by the media daily to fit their narrative. You see Trump as a Republican, I see Trump as a Patriot. You see Trump as a dictator, I see Trump as a leader. You see Trump as an Authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our freedoms. You see Trump as childish, I see Trump as a fighter, unwilling to cave in to the lies. You see Trump as an unpolished politician, I see Trump as a breath of fresh air. You see Trump as homophobic, I see Trump as the first President who has ever entered office supporting gay marriage. You think Trump hates immigrants, I know Trump is married to an immigrant. You see Trump putting an end to immigration in America, I see Trump welcoming immigrants to America LEGALLY. You see Trump’s cages at the border, I see Obama’s cages at the border. You see Trump with a struggling economy, I see Trump with an amazing economy until the Democrats shut it down. You see the violence in the streets and call it “Trump’s America”, I see the violence in the streets of Democratic run cities who are refusing Trump’s help and call it “Liberal America.” You want someone more Presidential, I’m happy we have someone who finally doesn’t just talk the talk but actually walks the walk. You and I? We see things very differently.
This is not an argument. It’s the way I see things. I don’t need comments from the peanut gallery.

Amazing how the world can look to someone who can deflect every criticism and place it on someone else.

Even if you ignore the garbage out of Trumps mouth it still doesn't hide the curruption of the state sponsership on his businesses as well as the Saudis he loves to receive money from.

He also loves to claim stock market success as economic success even though the soo called wealth has clearly not trickled down as the wealth gap has increased.

What makes someone a Patriot, when they are soo open to curruption?

There really is a market for the people that want to be wined and dined before they get *****d.

I'll just leave this here. Stole it from someone who borrowed it from someone. Bring it on I know y'all will have a field day. Don't expect a response though.

You see Trump’s arrogance, I see Trump’s confidence. You see Trump’s nationalism, I see Trump’s patriotism. You hear Trump’s unsophisticated words, I hear Trump’s honesty. You see Trump’s racism, I see Trump’s words being misconstrued and twisted by the media daily to fit their narrative. You see Trump as a Republican, I see Trump as a Patriot. You see Trump as a dictator, I see Trump as a leader. You see Trump as an Authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our freedoms. You see Trump as childish, I see Trump as a fighter, unwilling to cave in to the lies. You see Trump as an unpolished politician, I see Trump as a breath of fresh air. You see Trump as homophobic, I see Trump as the first President who has ever entered office supporting gay marriage. You think Trump hates immigrants, I know Trump is married to an immigrant. You see Trump putting an end to immigration in America, I see Trump welcoming immigrants to America LEGALLY. You see Trump’s cages at the border, I see Obama’s cages at the border. You see Trump with a struggling economy, I see Trump with an amazing economy until the Democrats shut it down. You see the violence in the streets and call it “Trump’s America”, I see the violence in the streets of Democratic run cities who are refusing Trump’s help and call it “Liberal America.” You want someone more Presidential, I’m happy we have someone who finally doesn’t just talk the talk but actually walks the walk. You and I? We see things very differently.
This is not an argument. It’s the way I see things. I don’t need comments from the peanut gallery.
The following was said about Boris Johnson, but I’m going to substitute Trump as it fits perfectly.

Trump could walk in while you and your family are having dinner and crap on the table, and all you would say is ‘well he has to crap somewhere’!

There really is a market for the people that want to be wined and dined before they get *****d
Who doesn't want that? Besides Covid and my ex, my life has drastically improved under Trump...

Last edited:
The following was said about Boris Johnson, but I’m going to substitute Trump as it fits perfectly.

Trump could walk in while you and your family are having dinner and crap on the table, and all you would say is ‘well he has to crap somewhere’!
I'd punch him in the face. Y'all think whatever you want. I hope you enjoy your giggles...

I'd punch him in the face. Y'all think whatever you want. I hope you enjoy your giggles...
And yet you quote a piece that utterly uncritically priases Trump?

It seems in your eagerness to defend Trump you missed the first part of my post "The following was said about Boris Johnson, but I’m going to substitute Trump as it fits perfectly."

Quite how you missed it is utterly beyond me, as if you had ready/understood it, then you would know that replying with "Source?" makes no sense at all.

It seems in your eagerness to defend Trump you missed the first part of my post "The following was said about Boris Johnson, but I’m going to substitute Trump as it fits perfectly."

Quite how you missed it is utterly beyond me, as if you had ready/understood it, then you would know that replying with "Source?" makes no sense at all.
I had no trouble with the comparison with Boris.

But you said Trump could take a crap on his table and he would be ok with it.

Prove it. Don't say **** you can't prove. We conservatives get it all the time. Can't handle it? Want to retract this lie? If not, prove it.

And yet you quote a piece that utterly uncritically priases Trump?
Yeah. That doesn't mean I wouldn't punch him in the face... He feeds his supporters with as much **** as every other politician. It's already been admitted most everything started before him. There is truth in that post. Ignore it if you want. If you can't see it well sorry...

I had no trouble with the comparison with Boris.

But you said Trump could take a crap on his table and he would be ok with it.

Prove it. Don't say **** you can't prove. We conservatives get it all the time. Can't handle it? Want to retract this lie? If not, prove it.

Yeah. That doesn't mean I wouldn't punch him in the face... He feeds his supporters with as much **** as every other politician. It's already been admitted most everything started before him. There is truth in that post. Ignore it if you want. If you can't see it well sorry...

It's a humorous analogy, even with a medical diagnosis of ASD I can understand that!

And the liberal left is supposed to be the triggered snowflakes.

Object to it? Then the report button is just up on the top right, but asking someone to retract an analogy as if its a factual claim is absurd and quite frankly ridiculous.

It's a humorous analogy, even with a medical diagnosis of ASD I can understand that!

And the liberal left is supposed to be the triggered snowflakes.

Object to it? Then the report button is just up on the top right, but asking someone to retract an analogy as if its a factual claim is absurd and quite frankly ridiculous.
I don't know how I'm in that post. Anywho... Good to know someone is triggered when they punch someone for ****ing on their table.
I got what you were saying. Go back and look at my response to mustafur...

I honestly don't know what to report either. Go to sleep man.

Edit nm I get your point... Maybe I need to go to sleep. I still don't agree though.

Last edited:
I don't know how I'm in that post. Anywho... Good to know someone is triggered when they punch someone for ****ing on their table.
I got what you were saying. Go back and look at my response to mustafur...
Because it's an analogy for the post full of relentless praise you posted for Trump.

I honestly don't know what to report either. Go to sleep man.
It's not even ten in the morning here.

Edit nm I get your point... Maybe I need to go to sleep. I still don't agree though.
I didn't actually expect you to agree, that kind of re-enforces the analogy.

Because it's an analogy for the post full of relentless praise you posted for Trump.
Doesn't mean I agree with the whole thing. For example I don't think he's a Patriot, Patriotic maybe but I'm more Patriot than him if anything. I wasn't accepted but every year from 18-26 yro I tried to enroll, he dodged the draft... They have waivers for felons but VERY limited numbers. It had nothing to do with my actual charges. The enlister told me to "keep trying, you wouldn't have made it this far if you actually didn't qualify."
After 26 you can't enroll with no prior experience, I couldn't enroll cause of my past...

I get you though.

It's not even ten in the morning here.
Going on 5:30am here. Still haven't slept since 10am. I'm off tomorrow(today) so who cares.

Again I get what you are saying.

Trump didn't put those words that I agree with in that post. My personal experiences have.
I'm sorry a lot of people don't like him. I took a shot with him and have had a pretty good 4 years considering everything I was going through 5 years ago.

I love all y'all here but I don't think y'all will ever truly understand me. And that's all good to me.

Doesn't mean I agree with the whole thing. For example I don't think he's a Patriot, Patriotic maybe but I'm more Patriot than him if anything. I wasn't accepted but every year from 18-26 yro I tried to enroll, he dodged the draft... They have waivers for felons but VERY limited numbers. It had nothing to do with my actual charges. The enlister told me to "keep trying, you wouldn't have made it this far if you actually didn't qualify."
After 26 you can't enroll with no prior experience, I couldn't enroll cause of my past...

I get you though.

Going on 5:30am here. Still haven't slept since 10am. I'm off tomorrow(today) so who cares.

Again I get what you are saying.

Trump didn't put those words that I agree with in that post. My personal experiences have.
I'm sorry a lot of people don't like him. I took a shot with him and have had a pretty good 4 years considering everything I was going through 5 years ago.

I love all y'all here but I don't think y'all will ever truly understand me. And that's all good to me.
Fair enough

Sounds like a cult's prayer.

"You call it suicide to drink the punch, I call it the path to enlightenment".

BTW, this line was quite amusing to read.
You see Trump as an Authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our freedoms.
Authoritarian
- favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Last edited:
Are you sure it wasn't The Greenland Group that shipped the masks to China? That's what they did here (Australia) and it was being reported here that other countries, Canada being one of them, were suffering the same fate.

https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/australia-was-drained-of-masks-for-china/3981857/

We were also told not to wear masks here because they were in such short supply thanks to The Greenland Group and could do the most good in the hospitals that needed them.
Like I said 2 pages back. The Canadian government knew of this in January. Then they shipped our stockpile to China.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globaln...ont-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/amp/

Like I said 2 pages back. The Canadian government knew of this in January. Then they shipped our stockpile to China.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globaln...ont-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/amp/
Based on that article they did indeed ship some of it to China, it doesn't however say what percentage of Canada's stockpile was shipped, mentioning only PPE that was due to expire in early 2020 getting shipped.

Then again the US did exactly the same thing.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-tons-ppe-china/

Based on that article they did indeed ship some of it to China, it doesn't however say what percentage of Canada's stockpile was shipped, mentioning only PPE that was due to expire in early 2020 getting shipped.

Then again the US did exactly the same thing.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-tons-ppe-china/
Yes and the Canadian military warned the Canadian government of this in January. So who the hell dropped the ball then?
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5528381

A direct quote from the article. This is what totally disturbs me. I guess we didn't learn anything from history?:banghead::banghead::banghead:
"Following the SARS pandemic, Canadian officials were at the forefront of a number of domestic and international initiatives designed to provide early warning of pandemics."

Last edited:
Yes and the Canadian military warned the Canadian government of this in January. So who the hell dropped the ball then?
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5528381

A direct quote from the article. This is what totally disturbs me. I guess we didn't learn anything from history?:banghead::banghead::banghead:
"Following the SARS pandemic, Canadian officials were at the forefront of a number of domestic and international initiatives designed to provide early warning of pandemics."
No idea who dropped the ball, however, to bring it back to the context of the actual discussion, Canada still, despite all the issues, managed a better response than the US did.

Did either of the people who were borrowed or stolen from talk about why they saw things the way they did?

No idea who dropped the ball, however, to bring it back to the context of the actual discussion, Canada still, despite all the issues, managed a better response than the US did.
We were the world leaders in pandemic response apparently.So I guess we dropped the ball? While we shipped medical supplies to China? Ok.Perhaps we did a better job. We shall see what happens in the next months,because the second wave is here.

Did either of the people who were borrowed or stolen from talk about why they saw things the way they did?
I'll be 110% honest, I don't remember. I didn't actually share it so I don't even remember who originally said it or whoever posted it. Sorry.

Do you know what decriminalized means?

The drugs are illegal but the punishments for use are removed, the criminal activity by law is the selling of it(as in dealing and trafficking).

I don't agree with that either but the point is they are not sticking homeless drug addicts in prison to make them someone elses problem

Gee whiz, arent getting fined, forced to take treatment, or having your possessions confiscated punishments?
Further, traffickers ARE incarcerated in Portugal.
They punish drug offenders HARD.
The drug tzar there said “If you decriminalize, things get worse”. (That’s my point also btw-Seattle is my example of another failed leftist policy)
Golly gee maybe you should have read the article in which the guy in charge of the policy in Portugal explains what they do.
I have a problem with the silly stance people take when they say decriminalize this, defund that, and when their position is refuted, they revert to the excuse oh MY definition of decriminalize means it’s still illegal.
You can’t shift the definition of your terminology mid argument when you’ve lost and say “you don’t get MY meaning”
That’s not a good look, if you do that.
I suggest reading the article.

Back