America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,592 comments
Imagine having a presidential candidate who isn't a walking cognitive disability. Every day, both Trump and Biden show more and more how they don't have the mental capacity to run the nation (granted, Trump has more glaring issues than his lack of mental capacity, though).
I can't, because the two parties in power refuse to admit that this is possible to do, for some reason.

We need to get back to neutral news. I think we also need to separate the jobs of journalism and fact checking into different specialties. We really are living in ridiculous times where facts don’t matter but opinions do.

Holy moly. Imagine thinking the absence of blowhards indicates neutrality or honesty. No, the bias wasn't so obvious, but it certainly manifested in editorial discretion, and the lies were told with the straightest of faces.

Holy moly. Imagine thinking the absence of blowhards indicates neutrality or honesty. No, the bias wasn't so obvious, but it certainly manifested in editorial discretion, and the lies were told with the straightest of faces.
News at that time benefited from a somewhat clearer demarcation between reporting and editorialising. Certainly not transparent, but better.

News at that time benefited from a somewhat clearer demarcation between reporting and editorialising. Certainly not transparent, but better.
News has never been the things that happened. News has always been how things were covered. News is not neutral. News is not honest. News is news.

Hypothesis_Contrary_to_Fact.jpg

Edit: I seem to recall you've done this before.

Edit: Eeyup!

You're...you're not too bright, are you?
Poorly supported claim, you mean like claiming that Trump is racist just because he said "black jobs"? :rolleyes:
Oh and you bothered to look up an older post? that's cute and silly wrapped up together:lol: my post about the laptop was meant to show the obvious double standards not excuse Trump of wrongdoings, I believe I said that.
But you like to brute force your way to being right, very sad. If I say it was to expose the double standards you say it's because I'm in love with Trump and you accept nothing else because otherwise your argument falls apart. You need help buddy... but not as much as the guy who just tried to assassinate the opposition.. Must've been an "Anti fascist" I bet :rolleyes:

Poorly supported claim, you mean like claiming that Trump is racist just because he said "black jobs"? :rolleyes:
"just"

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

That's also deflection.

Oh and you bothered to look up an older post?
Pattern of behavior. When you demonstrate a propensity for bad faith tactics in argumentation, you should maybe expect it to be pointed out.
cute and silly wrapped up together:lol:
More deflection. Also ad hominem.
my post about the laptop was meant to show the obvious double standards not excuse Trump of wrongdoings, I believe I said that.
You alleged a double standard. That much was apparent in context. You sought to substantiate your allegation with a counterfactual rather than the factual. Maybe substantiate it with the factual? Or nah?
But you like to brute force your way to being right, very sad.
More deflection. More ad hominem. Maybe try arguing from reason because arguing from emotion isn't working.
If I say it was to expose the double standards you say it's because I'm in love with Trump and you accept nothing else because otherwise your argument falls apart.
Counterfactual. Offer substantive evidence of an equivalent double standard and maybe we can see where it goes instead of you "predicting" where it would go if you did, absent and unburdened by observable evidence.
You need help buddy...
Deflection. Ad hominem.
but not as much as the guy who just tried to assassinate the opposition.. Must've been an "Anti fascist" I bet :rolleyes:
Must have? Care to substantiate that?

Honestly man I don't have patience to argue with your "I'm always right" mindset.
On a more interesting note here's the guy who just attempted to assassinate a political candidate of the opposition, killing at least one person in the process.
Unsurprisingly he hates Trump, hates republicans and probably all the rest of the usual and predictable stuff these types usually stand for.
I'm starting to think they're just hate filled people with no common sense nor critical thinking skills, a bad combo to say the least.:grumpy:

Last edited:
It's amazing how Biden gets roasted for the phrase "black jobs" but nobody bat an eyelash over Trump saying "World War III" right at the end of the first debate.

Honestly man I don't have patience to argue with your "I'm always right" mindset.
Deflection. Ad hominem.
On a more interesting note here's the guy who just attempted to assassinate a political candidate of the opposition, killing at least one person in the process.
Unsurprisingly he hates Trump, hates republicans and probably all the rest of the usual and predictable stuff these types usually stand for.
I'm starting to think they're just hate filled people with no common sense nor critical thinking skills, a bad combo to say the least.:grumpy:

Oops.
It's amazing how Biden gets roasted for the phrase "black jobs" but nobody bat an eyelash over Trump saying "World War III" right at the end of the first debate.
Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Here's all the proof, and I'll screenshot all this too.
AR means "ArmaLite" (the original manufacturer), not "automatic rifle". AR-15s are, as standard, semi-automatic. C'mon, read this stuff if you're going to accuse others of not doing so.

And post in the right thread - the one I just directed you to.

Well then I have nothing else to say here, my parents don't read either because they told me wrong too.
So why've you come in swinging, telling other people they're not reading things properly when you haven't bothered either?

Seriously, come on man.

That's why I do not post here much anymore, because it bothers most people when I don't post articles that are necessarily true. Anyway I'm not getting started on this, I need to leave this forum. Goodbye!

That's why I do not post here much anymore, because it bothers most people when I don't post articles that are necessarily true. Anyway I'm not getting started on this, I need to leave this forum. Goodbye!
There was nothing wrong with the articles. You just made up a thing that wasn't in them, acted like it was true, and talked down to someone on that basis even though you admitted not reading them.

That's not anyone else's fault; it's yours. Stop doing that and there'd not be a problem.

Again, seriously, come on man.

There was nothing wrong with the articles. You just made up a thing that wasn't in them, acted like it was true, and talked down to someone on that basis even though you admitted not reading them.

That's not anyone else's fault; it's yours. Stop doing that and there'd not be a problem.

Again, seriously, come on man.
Ok, fair enough. I'm sorry.

Well then I have nothing else to say here, my parents don't read either because they told me wrong too.

I don't want to undermine whatever your parents have taught you and whatever rules you have to live by, but one thing you'll learn as you get older and become more educated and better at doing research is just how little your parents were actually right about.

The lesson here is don't take anybody at their word without question. Nobody ever knows the whole story about anything and even top experts make mistakes.

Last edited:
Ok, I must admit I haven't been following the news (I don't really do that either way), but man, Biden's health decline is serious. Although I wish Trump wasn't elected, Biden's is not in the position to lead America anymore.

I feel sorry for Biden.

I don't want to undermine whatever your parents have taught you and whatever rules you have to live by, but one thing you'll learn as you get older and become more educated and better at doing research is just how little your parents were actually right about.

The lesson here is don't take anybody at their word without question. Nobody ever knows the whole story about anything and even top experts make mistakes.

Ear ear….

Too soon?

Florida-based US District Aileen Cannon, who was nominated by Mr Trump, ruled that Special Counsel Jack Smith, who is leading the prosecution, was unlawfully appointed to his role and did not have the authority to bring the case.
That's a new one. The Trump defence has always been not that he didn't do [x] but that he's allowed to do [x]. This one is not that he didn't do [x] but that the guy saying he can't do [x] isn't allowed to say that...

That's a new one. The Trump defence has always been not that he didn't do [x] but that he's allowed to do [x]. This one is not that he didn't do [x] but that the guy saying he can't do [x] isn't allowed to say that...
All comes from dear old Clarence

Trump’s efforts to dismiss the case under the appointments clause was seen as a long shot, as several special counsels – even during his own presidential administration – were run the same way.

But the fringe argument gained steam when Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas threw his support behind the theory, writing in a footnote in the high court’s presidential immunity decision that there are “serious questions whether the Attorney General has violated that structure by creating an office of the Special Counsel that has not been established by law. Those questions must be answered before this prosecution can proceed.”
(quote from CNN article)

Back