Android L.......ollipop

Hey guys, huuuge glitch on Android 5.0.2 for Sony Xperia. The EQ seems to no longer work outside the Walkman app and the headphone options are completely broken and work randomly. There is already some talk about it on the Xperia forums. Anyone here find have this problem/solution?

:banghead:

Hey guys, huuuge glitch on Android 5.0.2 for Sony Xperia. The EQ seems to no longer work outside the Walkman app and the headphone options are completely broken and work randomly. There is already some talk about it on the Xperia forums. Anyone here find have this problem/solution?

:banghead:

It also broke the USB digital audio option. The best solution on the Xda forums seems to be "Go back to KitKat until Sony releases 5.1"

Thankfully I haven't updated mine.

Telstra delayed the Sony Xperia Lollipop update here in Australia due to bugs, according to their release schedule they are planning to release the update mid May.

I'm looking forward to the update for my Z3 because I'm hoping it fixes a really annoying bug that I'm experiencing with the keyboard in a few different apps. When back spacing text, when you get back to the start of the word it reappears.

Telstra delayed the Sony Xperia Lollipop update here in Australia due to bugs, according to their release schedule they are planning to release the update mid May.

I'm looking forward to the update for my Z3 because I'm hoping it fixes a really annoying bug that I'm experiencing with the keyboard in a few different apps. When back spacing text, when you get back to the start of the word it reappears.

That to my knowledge is a bug with Android.

Don't worry.. you'll get that in Lollipop too :lol:

BTW, does anyone know if 5.1 would fix the audio issue?

Last edited:
Don't worry.. you'll get that in Lollipop too :lol:

BTW, does anyone know if 5.1 would fix the audio issue?

I am guessing 5.1 will fix the issue; I don't use the walkman app so I didn't actually know about this bug; but I haven't had a problem with the headphones like you described...

Waiting for my Moto X to get Lollipop. I had Lollipop on my old phone and I'm just starting to miss some of the features.

I think Motorola will release it amid Google I/O

Still on 4.4.2 at the moment.

Sony rebranded Walkman to Music with a big update, don't like the change of name but they fixed the only annoyance left with Lollipop for me, there is a rewind button for the lock screen music player widget.

Happy camper now.

Sony rebranded Walkman to Music with a big update, don't like the change of name but they fixed the only annoyance left with Lollipop for me, there is a rewind button for the lock screen music player widget.

Happy camper now.
Search bar still doesn't work though :banghead:

Finally got the update last night for my Z2. So far I haven't found anything wrong with it apart from the missing silent mode. Wifi seems to be improved, the signal is stronger when I'm in my backyard.

Now to go ahead and root it.

I am now in the process. Just unlocked my bootloader, which was a bit of a PITA due to a bit unclear instructions for the drivers installation.

I'm now downloading all the necessary stuff for the root. Which is quite a lot.

I am now in the process. Just unlocked my bootloader, which was a bit of a PITA due to a bit unclear instructions for the drivers installation.

I'm now downloading all the necessary stuff for the root. Which is quite a lot.

Dont know how hard it is on the sony.

But enable developer mode
Enable USB debugging
Connect to computer
Install USB drivers using the SDK toolkit
Open command prompt
and navigate to the platform-tools folder
Use the Fastboot Reboot Bootloader
Fastboot OEM unlock

Your bootloader should be unlocked, but this normally wipes the phone so you should have a back up.

Dont know how hard it is on the sony.

But enable developer mode
Enable USB debugging
Connect to computer
Install USB drivers using the SDK toolkit
Open command prompt
and navigate to the platform-tools folder
Use the Fastboot Reboot Bootloader
Fastboot OEM unlock

Your bootloader should be unlocked, but this normally wipes the phone so you should have a back up.

It was a bit difficult installing the drivers, because they weren't recognized as drivers by Windows. When my oldskool manual installation skills woke up, it was a matter of seconds. :lol:

I am done rooting my phone, which of course went wrong and it got stuck in a bootloop after I finished all the steps.
Had to redo a couple of steps, and in this Tutorial is some important info missing

Between steps 18 and 19 there should say that you need to remove the usb cable, if you don't do that your phone will not turn off at step 22, causing a bootloop. Other than that, smooth sailing, and it's now time to clear my phone of many unwanted apps.

It was a bit difficult installing the drivers, because they weren't recognized as drivers by Windows. When my oldskool manual installation skills woke up, it was a matter of seconds. :lol:

I am done rooting my phone, which of course went wrong and it got stuck in a bootloop after I finished all the steps.
Had to redo a couple of steps, and in this Tutorial is some important info missing

Between steps 18 and 19 there should say that you need to remove the usb cable, if you don't do that your phone will not turn off at step 22, causing a bootloop. Other than that, smooth sailing, and it's now time to clear my phone of many unwanted apps.

I always install drives like this in device manger directly.
Some times they are not signed by MS which makes installing them more of a pain and you might even need to hack it so it thinks it is signed.
I use a root tool for my nexus.
Roots it in seconds with ease.

Found some pretty annoying issues with my rooted phone.

Can't watch videos anymore. Not in the browser nor on the phone itself. Those on the phone can be viewed with a 3rd party though. Online videos are a no go no matter what.

And, I suspect this is related, I can't record video either.

Gonna spend the evening sorting it out, and if this doesn't get resolved I'm trying CM or back to stock.

Edit.

Facebook videos do play. I realised it after I wad already 10 minutes into a video.

Last edited:
I use a root tool for my nexus.
Roots it in seconds with ease.

After messing around most of my video issues didn't get fixed. So I hopped over to Cyanogen which made me reroot and reinstall a recovery. With a easy root tool. As you said, in seconds. :lol:

Only issue I can find with CM is that the camera button doesn't start the camera anymore, but boohoo.

Everything is good, and fine, and fast. Just like my S2 with CM was.

Excellent.

Got the Stagefright update today after a month it was released for my One M7. Made my phone a bit less laggy as well :P

Build Number for anyone interested:
Screenshot_2015-10-24-13-06-35.png

Back