Android L.......ollipop

What is it with the soft keys on phones without capacitive buttons, why do we have to have a big black bar taking up screen real estate? I was hoping with Lollipop we would have seen the last of this, I mean when I browse a web page with a white background, why not just change the colour of the buttons to black/red etc, rather than a big black bar. Or how about an option to remove the buttons all together, I mean we know where they are without having to see them.

ANyway looking forward to 5.0 when I get it on my Z3 :-)

While I overall like the new update, I HATE the fact that when you're playing music, the album cover of whatever song you're hearing, becomes your lock screen wallpaper. It's dumb. It's ugly. And it's pure sadness :(

While I overall like the new update, I HATE the fact that when you're playing music, the album cover of whatever song you're hearing, becomes your lock screen wallpaper. It's dumb. It's ugly. And it's pure sadness :(

Do the following.

Go to settings>Security>Lock Screen.
Set it to None.

Then go Back and enable Install from unknown sources.

Then open the web browser on your phone and download this APK.
http://getandroidapp.org/applications/personalization/50210-lg-optimus-lockscreen-3-2-4.html.
And configure it to your liking.

Best off all, you wont have a dialer or camera unlocker by swiping left or right unless you want it.

I run this unlocker on my Nexus 5 and I love it.

There are other good lock screens as well.
You can try any of them.
Best thing about android is it is not one size fits all.

Grayfox@

I appreciate the effort, I really do. But I don't like making unofficial changes to my phone. Besides, I'm sure they'll change the lock screen thing eventually.

But thanks a bunch for the advice though.

Grayfox@

I appreciate the effort, I really do. But I don't like making unofficial changes to my phone. Besides, I'm sure they'll change the lock screen thing eventually.

But thanks a bunch for the advice though.

There is no such thing as unofficial when it comes to android.
And they wont change it.
You still no not have a proper bootmenu, that is a low priority to them, they rather add some google+ feature than make the OS more customizable with options

That is stupid, do you still get the music player widget?

Android 5.0 got rid of lock screen widgets.

To use the music functions like pause, play next track and previous track swipe down from the notification bar

What? that is just stupid :banghead: as someone who doesn't have bluetooth connectivity option in my car that is a big drawback, I used double tap to wake and I like the music widget to be big and visible so I can change the track without getting too distracted.

What? that is just stupid :banghead: as someone who doesn't have bluetooth connectivity option in my car that is a big drawback, I used double tap to wake and I like the music widget to be big and visible so I can change the track without getting too distracted.

Well I got rid of the stock lock screen since you got no options with it so I dont fully remember.

Using one by LG for my nexus.

You could try one from the playstore, just make sure you disable the stock one by going to Settings>Lock Screen>None(for security settings)
There are ones that are loads better than the stock one on the playstore, just need to the time to find the one that you like most.

i don't know if this is the place to ask but it's urgent so...

does plugging your turned off android to PC automatically turns the power on ?

Lollipop is the first version of android that I actually like a lot.

My Nexus 7 still isn't anything more than a glorified alarm clock for me, though. Most of my iOS devices are too quiet to wake me up, or too large/fragile for me to feel comfortable fondling them in the dark when I'm half asleep in the case of my Air 2. Plus I like how Android's alarm app tells you how much time until the alarm goes off when you set it.... although it does tend to make me think "6 hours and change? I can squeeze in another episode of [insert show name here] or get in some more gameplay....", and then I wind up only getting 2-4 hours of sleep.

What is it with the soft keys on phones without capacitive buttons, why do we have to have a big black bar taking up screen real estate? I was hoping with Lollipop we would have seen the last of this, I mean when I browse a web page with a white background, why not just change the colour of the buttons to black/red etc, rather than a big black bar. Or how about an option to remove the buttons all together, I mean we know where they are without having to see them.

ANyway looking forward to 5.0 when I get it on my Z3 :-)

Try rooting your phone and installing Xposed Framework with Gravitybox [LP]. You can get rid of the bar and replace it with a hiding one or a PIE one instead.

Try rooting your phone and installing Xposed Framework with Gravitybox [LP]. You can get rid of the bar and replace it with a hiding one or a PIE one instead.

There is no stable Xposed for lollipop 5.0 and no Xposed for 5.1 ATM.

First impressions are positive

Love the looks (lock screen notifications on android finally), screen pinning works great, will try priority sounds later.
some small positives I was surprised with was how when you get a phone call you get a small notification on the top instead of forcing you to stop whatever you're doing, animations are smooth and the new app designs are great.

cons: I have to unlock by swiping upwards now (no side swiping), the top (status or whatever) bar is distracting like stated before and no close all tabs option (some Z2 builds have it which is weird).

I am on my first charge so battery is draining faster but should workout in a day or two.

Overall really happy so far 👍

cons: I have to unlock by swiping upwards now (no side swiping).

You can fix this quite easily.

Go to settings>Security>Lock Screen:set to none.
Then go to the playstore and get a lockscreen of your choice.
I am using the LG Optimus one on my nexus 5.

Back